|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Joyce's first marriage end?
(a) She leaves her husband.
(b) They split amicably and remain friends.
(c) Her husband dies.
(d) Her husband has an affair and leaves her.
2. Who does Joyce marry?
3. What did the captain of the Fortune die of?
(a) A heart attack.
4. How is Len punished for his illegal activity?
(a) He is executed.
(b) He pays a fine.
(c) He is sent to prison.
(d) He is whipped.
5. Who does Joyce marry in 1944?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the "cargo" being transported?
2. Who does Joyce meet around September, 1942?
3. When does the Duke of York reach Sierra Leone?
4. Who did Joyce meet in London?
5. What ship is taken over while Hamilton is ashore?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Hamilton think of Ellis's ideas on his father's death?
2. What measures did Hamilton take to prevent a slave insurrection?
3. Describe Joyce's marriage to Len.
4. How is "Crossing the River" written (in what format)?
5. What happens to Joyce and Travis's relationship?
6. What journey does James Hamilton take?
7. Describe James Hamilton.
8. What happened to James Hamilton's father?
9. Why doesn't Len get called up for the war?
10. Who is Herbert?
This section contains 495 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)