|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Sandra in 1940?
(a) She dies of her illness.
(b) She is killed in a bombing.
(c) Her husband kills her.
(d) She dies in childbirth.
2. What did the captain of the Fortune die of?
(a) A heart attack.
3. Who does Joyce marry?
4. What is Hamilton's nationality?
5. How old is Hamilton?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hamilton buy to discourage insurrection?
2. What form is "Crossing the River" written in?
3. Who is Tommy?
4. How is the brandy thief punished?
5. What group does Len join in 1940?
Short Essay Questions
1. What measures did Hamilton take to prevent a slave insurrection?
2. Why do villagers dislike Joyce?
3. What happened to James Hamilton's father?
4. What does Hamilton think of Ellis's ideas on his father's death?
5. What does Ellis say concerning Hamilton's father's death?
6. Who is Herbert?
7. Why is Len sent to prison?
8. What happened during the tornado in "Crossing the River"?
9. What is the state of the supply of slaves when Hamilton is on the coast?
10. How does Captain Hamilton reconcile his Christian beliefs with his professional dealings in slavery?
This section contains 522 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)