|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many living children does Joyce have by the end of "Somewhere in England"?
2. What illegal activity does Len take part in?
(a) Stealing goods.
(b) Killing someone.
(c) Selling eggs.
(d) Selling drugs.
3. Who does Joyce meet around September, 1942?
4. What did the first crew member die of?
(c) He was killed.
5. What group does Len join in 1940?
(a) The Army.
(b) Local Defense Volunteers.
(c) The British Army.
(d) The Navy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Hamilton's nationality?
2. Who does Joyce marry in 1944?
3. Why does Joyce go to that place during Christmas, 1937?
4. Who is caught stealing brandy?
5. How many people make up the crew of the Duke of York?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Joyce's marriage to Len.
2. What happens to Sandra and why?
3. What happens to Joyce and Travis's relationship?
4. How does Captain Hamilton reconcile his Christian beliefs with his professional dealings in slavery?
5. Why is Len sent to prison?
6. Why doesn't Joyce's mother want her to marry?
7. On what condition does the Army allow Travis to marry Joyce?
8. Describe James Hamilton.
9. What belief did Hamilton's father hold concerning Christianity and slavery?
10. What happens to Joyce's mother?
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)