|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4 "Somewhere in England".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who dies in November 1940?
(d) Joyce's mother.
2. When does Joyce marry her second husband?
(a) When he is given compassionate leave.
(b) When he is dishonorably discharged.
(c) When he quits the army.
(d) When he is honorably discharged.
3. How does Martha endure the journey to California?
(a) She endures it strongly.
(b) She endures it well to the end of the journey.
(c) She gradually becomes weak and sick.
(d) She endures it joyfully.
4. How does Martha try to get to California?
(a) She travels by herself.
(b) She travels with her friend.
(c) She finds passage in a wagon of black people.
(d) She goes with Chester in a wagon.
5. Where is the "cargo" being transported?
(b) The Americas.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Martha's friend?
2. What does Hamilton buy to discourage insurrection?
3. How many people make up the crew of the Duke of York?
4. How do the Hoffmans intend to finance their travel?
5. Who is caught stealing brandy?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)