|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4 "Somewhere in England".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Voice of Africa say about Joyce?
(a) Joyce will never be one of her own.
(b) Joyce is one of her own.
(c) Joyce is the voice of Africa.
(d) Joyce failed her people.
2. What is the name of the ship that Edward boards to find Nash?
(a) The Mercury.
(b) The Sierra Leone.
(c) The Duke of York.
(d) The Mayflower.
3. What happened to Joyce's father?
(a) He was killed in WWI.
(b) He was killed by her mother.
(c) He was killed in a robbery.
(d) He was killed in WWII.
4. Where does Nash Williams establish his settlement?
(a) In Freetown.
(b) In the Congo.
(c) In Sierra Leone.
(d) Around St. Paul's river.
5. What kind of occupation does Martha have while in Kansas?
(a) Martha works on a farm.
(b) Martha works as a maid.
(c) Martha works in a bank.
(d) Martha runs a laundry business.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the most successful missionary sent to Africa in this story?
2. Where does the Duke of York set sail from?
3. What illegal activity does Len take part in?
4. What does Hamilton do with the three old women slaves that come aboard?
5. What happens in April and May, 1937 in "Somewhere in England"?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)