|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2 "West".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Nash's primary occupation circa 1840?
(b) Running a mission school.
2. What kind of temperament does Edward's wife have?
(a) Thoughtful and quiet.
(b) Unbalanced and conniving.
(c) Passive and shy.
(d) Sweet and demure.
3. Where is the plantation that Martha is a slave at with her family?
4. What Christian missionaries have been trying to steal Nash's converts?
(c) Presbyterians, Methodists, and Baptists.
5. What does the mysterious woman worry about at the end of "West"? Choose the best answer.
(a) She worries about what people will say about her for taking care of Martha.
(b) She worries about Martha's health.
(c) She worries about not having learned Martha's name before she died.
(d) She worries about what to do with Martha.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are the Hoffmans going?
2. Who does Edward hire to run errands for him?
3. How does Martha endure the journey to California?
4. What kind of cabin was Martha left in?
5. Where do most slaves who go back to Africa stay?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)