|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2 "West".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Martha's daughter presumably sold to?
(a) She was sold to the same place as her father.
(b) She was sold to a slave trader.
(c) She was sold to the same place as Martha.
(d) She was not sold; she was freed.
2. Where was Martha's husband sold?
(a) He was sold to the same plantation as his wife.
(b) He was sold to the same plantation as his daughter.
(c) He was sold to a place "Downriver."
(d) He was sold to a plantation in Kansas.
3. How many children does Martha have?
4. Who finds Martha in a doorway?
(b) A mysterious white woman.
(c) A mysterious black woman.
(d) Eliza Mae.
5. What does Nash request assistance from Edward for?
(b) Finding a wife.
(c) Supplies for a mission school.
(d) A boat.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the plantation that Martha is a slave at with her family?
2. Where does the person who finds Martha in the doorway take her?
3. What do Martha and her boyfriend do with the store when she moves in?
4. What best describes Nash's style of writing?
5. What is Martha's daughter's name?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)