|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2 "West".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the Hoffmans intend to finance their travel?
(a) They intend to finance their travel by borrowing money.
(b) They intend to finance their travel by saving up the money through their farm.
(c) They intend to finance their travel by paying along the way.
(d) They intend to finance their travel by selling Martha.
2. Why does Martha's new owner/master decide to sell her?
(a) The owner's farm failed.
(b) She was not productive enough.
(c) She disobeyed him.
(d) The owner did not like her.
3. How many slave auctions does Martha go through in "West"?
(a) She goes through five slave auctions.
(b) She goes through one auction.
(c) She goes through three auctions.
(d) She goes through no slave auctions.
4. What happens to Nash's school?
(a) It thrives, and he adds on another school to accommodate the students.
(b) He sells it.
(c) He stops running it.
(d) It burns down.
5. Who does Edward entrust to give Nash some money?
(b) Mr. Grey.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Martha's daughter's name?
2. What is Martha's new boyfriend's occupation?
3. Why does Martha escape?
4. What river flows to the sea near Monrovia?
5. Why is Edward no longer welcome to the American Colonization Society's clubhouse?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)