|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2 "West".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Madison Williams's occupation?
(a) A trading business.
(c) He is a missionary.
(d) He has no occupation.
2. What does the American Colonization Society recognize as a secondary benefit of their program?
(a) Bringing the word of the Gospel to heathens.
(b) Bringing western civilization to Liberia.
(c) Getting rid of slaves to relieve social stress in the United States.
(d) Abolishing slavery.
3. What Christian missionaries have been trying to steal Nash's converts?
(a) Presbyterians, Methodists, and Baptists.
4. What is the name of Martha's friend?
(c) Eliza Mae.
5. What river flows to the sea near Monrovia?
(a) The Monrovia river.
(b) The St. Paul's river.
(c) The Nile river.
(d) The Liberian river.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Martha's master/owner when she is with her first husband?
2. What happens to many slaves that repatriate to Liberia?
3. How did Martha's boyfriend acquire his home?
4. What is the name of Nash's first son?
5. What does Edward think of Nash's request for assistance?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)