|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4 "Somewhere in England".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Martha's first husband?
(a) Mr. Hoffman.
2. What happens six weeks into the journey to California?
(a) The wagon breaks down.
(b) They are gunned down.
(c) They arrive in California.
(d) The wagon master has to abandon Martha.
3. When does Joyce see her son after the war?
4. What does the American Colonization Society recognize as a secondary benefit of their program?
(a) Abolishing slavery.
(b) Bringing the word of the Gospel to heathens.
(c) Getting rid of slaves to relieve social stress in the United States.
(d) Bringing western civilization to Liberia.
5. Who is Martha's master/owner when she is with her first husband?
(c) Mr. Randolph.
(d) Mr. Hoffman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the mysterious woman worry about at the end of "West"? Choose the best answer.
2. Where does Nash Williams establish his settlement?
3. What does Sandra confess in March 1940?
4. How did Martha's boyfriend acquire his home?
5. How does Joyce's first marriage end?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)