|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2 "West".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Nash's school?
(a) It burns down.
(b) It thrives, and he adds on another school to accommodate the students.
(c) He sells it.
(d) He stops running it.
2. Who is Martha's first husband?
(a) Mr. Hoffman.
3. When was Edward Williams born?
4. Who was Martha's daughter presumably sold to?
(a) She was not sold; she was freed.
(b) She was sold to a slave trader.
(c) She was sold to the same place as Martha.
(d) She was sold to the same place as her father.
5. Where are the Hoffmans going?
(a) They are going to California.
(b) They are going to Kansas.
(c) They are going to Virginia.
(d) They are going to Colorado.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is California such an appealing place to Martha? Choose the best answer.
2. Where do most slaves who go back to Africa stay?
3. Who is the main character of the story "West"?
4. Where does Martha start out earlier in life?
5. Who buys Martha after her master dies?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)