|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3 "Crossing the River".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Madison Williams reside?
(a) The interior of Liberia.
(d) The United States of America.
2. Why is Mr. Davey punished?
(a) For stealing goods.
(b) For killing someone.
(c) For stealing brandy.
(d) For treating the crew harshly.
3. What form is "Crossing the River" written in?
(a) A third person narrative.
(b) A letter.
(c) A ship's log.
(d) A speech.
4. What is the name of Nash's first son?
(a) Nash, Jr.
5. What are the requirements for a slave to be liberated and selected by their master to enter the American Colonization Society's program?
(a) An aptitude for hard labor.
(b) Farming skills.
(c) An aptitude for education and Christian values.
(d) Navigation skills.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the master of the Duke of York?
2. When does the Duke of York reach Sierra Leone?
3. When does the Duke of York reach the Canary Islands?
4. Why are things difficult for Nash economically?
5. What time period does "The Pagan Coast" take place in?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)