|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3 "Crossing the River".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Edward board his ship to find Nash?
(c) New York Harbor.
2. Who does Martha fall in love with while in Kansas?
(a) Mr. Randolph.
(b) Mr. Hoffman.
3. Why does Martha escape?
(a) She wants to go to Canada.
(b) She does not want to endure another slave auction.
(c) She wants to go to Virginia.
(d) She wants to go to Europe.
4. What happens to the plantation once the new owner takes control of it?
(a) The plantation fails.
(b) The plantation is destroyed.
(c) The plantation is liquidated.
(d) The plantation is revitalized.
5. Who is the man that knew Captain Hamilton's father and had done business with him?
(a) John Pierce.
(b) Matthew Arthur.
(c) Mr. Davey.
(d) Mr. Ellis.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Martha's boyfriend?
2. What illness is Edward struck with on his journey to Africa?
3. What does Hamilton buy to discourage insurrection?
4. How does Martha try to get to California?
5. What happens to Nash's first son and first wife?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)