|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has Elijah lived alone?
2. How does the narrator engage Elijah in conversation?
3. What specialty is revealed during the dessert course?
4. How does Elijah refer to his late wife?
5. What does Elijah do in honor of his wife?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the importance of company and companionship as demonstrated throughout the novel. Illustrate your point with concrete examples.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the various roles women in the novel take on.
Essay Topic 3
On Green Island, the narrator reflects on the house, saying: "Here was the real home, the heart of the old house on Green Island!" Use this quote as well as other examples to explain the importance of their homes to the people of Dunnet.
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)