Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Joanna request make the trip to the island should she fall ill?
(a) Mrs. Todd.
(b) The town doctor.
(c) The minister.
(d) Mrs. Blackett.
2. Who is the one person Mrs. Todd doesn't want to see at the reunion?
(a) Sarah Jane Blackett.
(b) William Blackett.
(c) Captain Bowden.
(d) Sant Bowden.
3. What happens at the last minute before Joanna's wedding?
(a) Her fiancé dies.
(b) Her fiancé refuses to marry her.
(c) Her fiancé marries someone else.
(d) Joanna dies.
4. Who brings Mrs. Blackett to Mrs. Todd's in time for departure?
(a) Captain Bowden.
(b) Captain Littlepage.
(d) The narrator.
5. How can the mood be described as the narrator, Mrs. Todd and Mrs. Blackett make their way to the event?
6. What advice does Joanna give Mrs. Todd?
(a) That she should take better care of her mother.
(b) That she should move to the island.
(c) That she should love her husband.
(d) That she should divorce her husband.
7. How does the narrator engage Elijah in conversation?
(a) She asks what he will be cooking for dinner.
(b) She asks him about his wife.
(c) She asks to accompany him on a walk.
(d) She talks to him about about fishing.
8. Why does Mrs. Todd believe Mrs. Blackett won't be able to attend the event?
(a) She wasn't invited to the event.
(b) She did not arrive last evening.
(c) She is not a part of the family.
(d) She has been ill.
9. Which characteristic does the narrator notice first about Elijah?
10. What positive characteristics do Mrs. Todd and Mrs. Caplin ascribe to Sant?
(a) Knowledge in financial matters.
(b) A sharp mind.
(c) Athletic ability and critical discernment.
(d) Military knowledge and strategic thinking.
11. What does Elijah tell the narrator about his love interests?
(a) He has no interest in remarrying.
(b) He would like to meet someone new, but Dunnet Landing is too small.
(c) He would like to remarry if he found the right companion.
(d) He has given up looking for someone new.
12. How do Elijah and the narrator part?
(a) They agree to meet in the village.
(b) She asks if she may visit again.
(c) He asks if she would visit again.
(d) They agree not to meet again.
13. What happens to Mrs. Blackett upon arrival?
(a) The crowd of visitors ignores her.
(b) She injures herself stepping out of the carriage.
(c) She is immediately whisked away by others.
(d) She is asked to be the guest of honor.
14. What time of year does Joanna's funeral occur?
15. What does the narrator stop to study on her walk?
(a) The flight of the bird.
(b) The lines and strength of the Miranda.
(c) The sound of the waves.
(d) The fishermen baiting trawls.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Blackett point out to the narrator as they make their way through the countryside?
2. In talking to the narrator, what aspect of the event makes Mrs. Todd particularly emotional?
3. What does Elijah do in honor of his wife?
4. What does the narrator notice about Elijah's house?
5. What specialty is revealed during the dessert course?
This section contains 610 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)