|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the event held?
(a) Dunnet Hill.
(b) North County.
(c) North Country.
(d) Bowden Park.
2. Where is Joanna buried?
(a) In Dunnet Landing.
(b) In the churchyard.
(c) On the island.
(d) At sea.
3. With whom does Mrs. Todd go to visit Joanna in Chapter 13?
(a) The minister.
(b) Her husband.
(c) Her mother.
(d) The sea captain.
4. Who is the one person Mrs. Todd doesn't want to see at the reunion?
(a) William Blackett.
(b) Sarah Jane Blackett.
(c) Captain Bowden.
(d) Sant Bowden.
5. Who brings Mrs. Blackett to Mrs. Todd's in time for departure?
(a) Captain Littlepage.
(c) Captain Bowden.
(d) The narrator.
6. What punishment does Joanna inflict on herself?
(b) Endless work on the island.
(d) Isolation from others.
7. What had others told Elijah would happen with time after his wife's passing?
(a) They said he would meet someone else.
(b) They said the pain would ease up.
(c) They said the pain would continue forever.
(d) They said he would begin to forget her.
8. Who does Mrs. Todd begin talking about Sant Bowden with?
(b) Captain Bowden.
(c) Sarah Jane Blackett.
(d) Mrs. Caplin.
9. What do the Bowdens do after dinner?
(a) Give speeches.
(b) Sing songs.
(c) Go for a walk.
(d) Play horseshoes.
10. To which annual event does Mrs. Todd invite the narrator?
(a) The Bowden family clam bake.
(b) The annual Dunnet sailing regatta.
(c) The Bowden family reunion.
(d) The annual Dunnet hike.
11. What plant does Mrs. Todd mention that grows at the Bowden's?
12. What does Elijah tell the narrator about his love interests?
(a) He has no interest in remarrying.
(b) He has given up looking for someone new.
(c) He would like to meet someone new, but Dunnet Landing is too small.
(d) He would like to remarry if he found the right companion.
13. Why doesn't the plant Mrs. Todd mentioned thrive at the Bowden's?
(a) There isn't enough sunlight.
(b) The Bowdens don't take care of it.
(c) The climate isn't right.
(d) It doesn't get enough water.
14. What happens to Joanna's half of the family farm?
(a) Her brother takes it over.
(b) She gives it away.
(c) She loses it to her ex-fiancé.
(d) She sells it.
15. What does the narrator notice about Elijah's house?
(a) The furniture seems luxurious.
(b) Everything must be just the way his wife left it.
(c) He must have completely remodeled after his wife passed away.
(d) The house seems befitting of a fisherman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What hobby of Elijah's surprises the narrator?
2. What happens to Mrs. Blackett upon arrival?
3. When does Elijah engage in his hobby?
4. What happens at the last minute before Joanna's wedding?
5. What reason do the visitors give for not having seen as many older guests as they would have hoped?
This section contains 533 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)