Short Essay Questions
The 60 short essay questions listed in this section require a one to two sentence answer. They ask students to demonstrate a deeper understanding of the text. Students must describe what they've read, rather than just recall it.
Short Essay Question - Chapters 1, 2, 3 and 4
1. Describe Dunnet Landing.
2. Describe Mrs. Todd's personal characteristics.
3. Describe the narrator's relationship with Mrs. Todd.
4. Why does the narrator decide to rent the schoolhouse?
5. Describe the way that the narrator's decision to write at the schoolhouse affects her relationship with Mrs. Todd.
6. What does Mrs. Todd do within the community?
7. What does Mrs. Todd tell the narrator about her youthful romance?
8. Describe the connection...
This section contains 839 words|
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)