1. Why does the narrator come to visit Maine?
To work on a writing project.
2. What time of year does the story take place?
3. What natural landscape influences life in the community?
4. Where does the narrator first stay during her visit?
With Mrs. Todd.
5. What does Mrs. Todd do during her free time?
She collects herbs for natural remedies.
6. Where does the narrator go to write in Chapter 1?
7. Why does the narrator choose a new place to write?
There are too many distractions.
This section contains 5,208 words
(approx. 18 pages at 300 words per page)