Short Answer Questions
Directions: Answer each question with the appropriate short response.
Short Answer Questions - Chapters 1, 2, 3 and 4
1. Why does the narrator come to visit Maine?
2. What time of year does the story take place?
3. What natural landscape influences life in the community?
4. Where does the narrator first stay during her visit?
5. What does Mrs. Todd do during her free time?
6. Where does the narrator go to write in Chapter 1?
7. Why does the narrator choose a new place to write?
8. Which event does the author describe to help illustrate the community's sense of compassion in Chapter 4?
9. Under which pretense does Mrs. Todd come to the schoolhouse to visit the narrator?
10. What does the narrator compare Dunnet Landing's...
This section contains 2,031 words|
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)