|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What made the narrator choose Dunnet Landing for her visit?
(a) Its closeness to the ocean.
(b) The peacefulness of the little village.
(c) The friendly people.
(d) Its sense of neighborhood and the pleasant cottages.
2. What conclusion about the narrator's beliefs can be drawn from her conversation with Captain Littlepage?
(a) She believes that the Captain is crazy.
(b) She does not believe in life after death.
(c) She tends not to believe in Gaffert's story.
(d) She believes that sailors cannot be trusted.
3. To which annual event does Mrs. Todd invite the narrator?
(a) The Bowden family reunion.
(b) The Bowden family clam bake.
(c) The annual Dunnet hike.
(d) The annual Dunnet sailing regatta.
4. What did the Captain do while waiting in Chapter 5?
(a) Looked for food.
(b) Tried to reach rescuers.
(c) Spent time talking to other survivors.
(d) Looked for help.
5. What advice does Joanna give Mrs. Todd?
(a) That she should move to the island.
(b) That she should take better care of her mother.
(c) That she should divorce her husband.
(d) That she should love her husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do others in the community feel about Mrs. Fosdick?
2. How does the narrator engage Elijah in conversation?
3. What does the narrator notice about her own thoughts as the funeral procession moves out of sight?
4. How does the narrator react to the funeral procession?
5. What does the narrator remark that the seamen's minds seem to be fixed on?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)