|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Nathan?
(a) Mrs. Todd's deceased husband.
(b) Mrs. Blackett's deceased husband.
(c) Mrs. Todd's deceased brother.
(d) The narrator's brother.
2. How does Elijah refer to his late wife?
(a) Poor dear.
(b) Dear Sarah.
(c) Poor Sarah.
(d) My dear wife.
3. What conclusion about the narrator's beliefs can be drawn from her conversation with Captain Littlepage?
(a) She believes that the Captain is crazy.
(b) She does not believe in life after death.
(c) She tends not to believe in Gaffert's story.
(d) She believes that sailors cannot be trusted.
4. How old does the Captain say he is?
(a) Over ninety.
(b) Over sixty.
(c) Over eighty.
(d) Over seventy.
5. What distracts the narrator from her work later in the day after the funeral procession?
(a) A visit from Mrs. Todd.
(b) The sheep in the schoolyard.
(c) A shopping trip.
(d) A visit from Captain Littlepage.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the people of Dunnet Landing feel about Mrs. Todd?
2. What does Mrs. Blackett need in order to be ready for departure?
3. How does the narrator react to the funeral procession?
4. What does Mrs. Blackett point out to the narrator as they make their way through the countryside?
5. What does Mrs. Todd need to get while visiting Mrs. Blackett?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)