|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator remember Mrs. Todd saying about Captain Littlepage?
(a) He reads a lot.
(b) He has a housekeeper.
(c) He is crazy.
(d) He is not married.
2. Who is the funeral procession for?
(a) Mrs. Todd's mother.
(b) Captain Littlepage.
(c) Mrs. Begg.
(d) Mrs. Todd.
3. Why does Mrs. Todd say she wants to pick herbs on the island where Mrs. Blackett lives?
(a) The herb she needs doesn't grow in Dunnett.
(b) The herb she needs grows best on the island.
(c) To pass the time while waiting for dinner.
(d) So she can leave some with Mrs. Blackett.
4. Under which pretense does Mrs. Todd come to the schoolhouse to visit the narrator?
(a) She is looking for tansy.
(b) She is looking for plantains.
(c) She needs some advice.
(d) She has an herbal mixture for the narrator.
5. What does Mrs. Todd suggest they take for the trip?
(a) Some herbs.
(b) A snack.
(c) A high wagon.
(d) A carriage.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Elijah do in honor of his wife?
2. What conclusion about the Captain's beliefs can be drawn from his conversation with the narrator?
3. Why did the Captain leave his position as Commander?
4. What does Mrs. Blackett point out to the narrator as they make their way through the countryside?
5. How do the people of Dunnett Landing feel about having company?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)