|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16, 17, 18 and 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened when Gaffett and his companion left "the waiting place"?
(a) They worried that they would freeze.
(b) The animals watched as they moved out of sight.
(c) The coastline disappeared.
(d) The townspeople seemed to taunt them.
2. Who is the one person Mrs. Todd doesn't want to see at the reunion?
(a) Sarah Jane Blackett.
(b) Sant Bowden.
(c) Captain Bowden.
(d) William Blackett.
3. Why is the narrator surprised by the invitation?
(a) The departure is so soon.
(b) She isn't a member of the family.
(c) She doesn't feel she belongs to the community.
(d) She doesn't have anything to wear.
4. How does the narrator react to Joanna's story?
(a) She is intrigued.
(b) She is saddened.
(c) She is disinterested.
(d) She is glad her own life is better than Joanna's.
5. What do William and Mrs. Blackett do after supper?
(a) Go for a walk.
(b) Make dessert.
(c) Sing a few songs.
(d) Take a carriage ride.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator notice about her own thoughts as the funeral procession moves out of sight?
2. How does the narrator react to the funeral procession?
3. What does Mrs. Todd suggest they take for the trip?
4. What occurs to the narrator as she is looking over the landscape on Shell-Heap Island?
5. Who does Joanna request make the trip to the island should she fall ill?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)