|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16, 17, 18 and 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Todd compare Sant Bowden to the sprig?
(a) Sant doesn't receive enough love and attention from others.
(b) Sant's environment is too harsh for him to thrive.
(c) The sprig could do better if it had more ambition.
(d) Sant has potential but is unable to thrive out of his element.
2. What does Captain Littlepage say about the townspeople?
(a) They think they know everything.
(b) They have been good friends.
(c) They are good people.
(d) They lead simple lives.
3. Who is the funeral procession for?
(a) Captain Littlepage.
(b) Mrs. Begg.
(c) Mrs. Todd's mother.
(d) Mrs. Todd.
4. Where is Joanna buried?
(a) At sea.
(b) In the churchyard.
(c) In Dunnet Landing.
(d) On the island.
5. How does Mrs. Blackett manage her advanced age?
(a) She worries that she is becoming senile.
(b) She has William to help her.
(c) She continues to live an active life.
(d) She walks with a cane.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator conclude based on Mrs. Todd's revelation?
2. What does Mrs. Blackett point out to the narrator as they make their way through the countryside?
3. What punishment does Joanna inflict on herself?
4. What does the narrator notice about her own thoughts as the funeral procession moves out of sight?
5. What happened when Gaffett and his companion left "the waiting place"?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)