|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8, 9, 10, 11 and 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the narrator go to write in Chapter 1?
(a) The park.
(b) A cottage in the village.
(c) The schoolhouse.
(d) The beach.
2. What connection does Mrs. Todd see between the tansy in the schoolyard and people?
(a) Like tansy, people gather their strength during the spring and then blossom fully in the summer.
(b) Like tansy, people can only thrive with others of their kind around them.
(c) Like tansy, people can thrive almost anywhere.
(d) Like tansy, people can overcome a harsh past to make the most of their lives.
3. What does the Captain assert during the beginning of his conversation with the narrator in Chapter 5?
(a) That there must certainly be life after death.
(b) That no one can know the answer.
(c) That only good people will enjoy life after death.
(d) That everyone can find out before death if they want to.
4. How does Mrs. Todd react to the funeral procession?
(a) She is durable and strong enough to withstand the emotional strain.
(b) She is genuinely grief-stricken.
(c) She tries her best to comfort others.
(d) She looks to others for comfort.
5. Under which pretense does Mrs. Todd come to the schoolhouse to visit the narrator?
(a) She needs some advice.
(b) She has an herbal mixture for the narrator.
(c) She is looking for plantains.
(d) She is looking for tansy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Mrs. Blackett?
2. Besides Captain Littlepage, who else knows of Gaffett's story?
3. What does the narrator notice about Captain Littlepage's reputation in Dunnet Landing?
4. How does Captain Littlepage react to the narrator's comments?
5. According to the narrator's quote, what does Darwin say about sea captains?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)