|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8, 9, 10, 11 and 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Under which pretense does Mrs. Todd come to the schoolhouse to visit the narrator?
(a) She is looking for plantains.
(b) She needs some advice.
(c) She is looking for tansy.
(d) She has an herbal mixture for the narrator.
2. Why does the narrator choose a new place to write?
(a) She finds she is spending too much time with her new friends.
(b) She doesn't like greeting guests.
(c) There are too many distractions.
(d) Others find her presence distracting.
3. What offer does William make the narrator?
(a) He offers to show her the island.
(b) He offers to take her back to Dunnett Landing.
(c) He offers to make her some chowder.
(d) He offers to take her for a carriage ride.
4. What does the narrator miss as she is thinking about life in Dunnet Landing after the funeral procession?
(a) News from her hometown.
(b) Her family.
(d) Foods from home.
5. How would you characterize Mrs. Blackett's demeanor?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the funeral procession for?
2. Why does tansy grow so well around the schoolhouse?
3. How does the narrator react to the Captain's story?
4. What piece of information does Mrs. Todd reveal to the narrator?
5. Who does the narrator compare Mrs. Fosdick to when describing her visits to others?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)