|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8, 9, 10, 11 and 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator conclude based on Mrs. Todd's revelation?
(a) That love cannot last.
(b) That Mrs. Todd must have been very loyal to her husband.
(c) That the two must be friends now.
(d) That love is not necessary for a marriage to work.
2. What did Gaffett and his companion do after going on land?
(a) They looked for supplies.
(b) They sent rescuers to the site of the shipwreck.
(c) They retrieved their boat and left.
(d) They went to the pub.
3. How would you characterize the relationship between Mrs. Todd and her mother?
(a) Friendly and loving.
4. How does the narrator react to the Captain's story?
(a) She believes that the story is true.
(b) She has always believed in such things.
(c) She believes that a man like the Captain can only tell the truth.
(d) She is skeptical.
5. What does the narrator find impressive about the Captain's retelling of Gaffett's story?
(a) His skepticism.
(b) His attention to detail.
(c) His sense of nostalgia.
(d) His bright eyes and vigor in storytelling.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mrs. Blackett manage her advanced age?
2. What conclusion did Gaffett draw from his experience?
3. Where did the Captain's experience described in Chapter 5 take place?
4. What offer does William make the narrator?
5. How is Captain Littlepage dressed?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)