|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8, 9, 10, 11 and 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Mrs. Blackett?
(a) Mrs. Todd's mother-in-law.
(b) Mrs. Todd's mother.
(c) A friend of Mrs. Todd's.
(d) Mrs. Todd's aunt.
2. What does Captain Littlepage say about the townspeople?
(a) They lead simple lives.
(b) They are good people.
(c) They think they know everything.
(d) They have been good friends.
3. Who is the funeral procession for?
(a) Mrs. Begg.
(b) Mrs. Todd.
(c) Mrs. Todd's mother.
(d) Captain Littlepage.
4. How does the narrator characterize Captain Littlepage's reaction to Gaffett's story?
(a) He believes that the story is true.
(b) He believes that too much time at sea can affect your thinking.
(c) He believes that Gaffett made the story up.
(d) He believes that sailing is dangerous.
5. What does the narrator miss as she is thinking about life in Dunnet Landing after the funeral procession?
(b) Foods from home.
(c) Her family.
(d) News from her hometown.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Gaffett say he had previously been shipwrecked?
2. How do others in the community feel about Mrs. Fosdick?
3. What does the narrator conclude based on Mrs. Todd's revelation?
4. How does Mrs. Todd react to the funeral procession?
5. How does the narrator react to the funeral procession?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)