|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8, 9, 10, 11 and 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What conclusion did Gaffett draw from his experience?
(a) Luck is the only thing that can keep you alive.
(b) The people were ghosts waiting for passage to another life.
(c) The people were hermits.
(d) You can only trust yourself.
2. How does the narrator react to the funeral procession?
(a) She is irritated by the distraction from her writing.
(b) She thinks perhaps she should have joined the procession.
(c) She realizes that life is short and decides to live life to its fullest.
(d) She feels sorry for the family members.
3. What offer does William make the narrator?
(a) He offers to make her some chowder.
(b) He offers to show her the island.
(c) He offers to take her for a carriage ride.
(d) He offers to take her back to Dunnett Landing.
4. What does Mrs. Todd do during her free time?
(a) She takes care of her mother.
(b) She collects herbs for cooking.
(c) She visits her friends.
(d) She collects herbs for natural remedies.
5. How do the people of Dunnett Landing feel about having company?
(a) Visits with others are a valued commodity.
(b) Visits with others are a necessary evil.
(c) Visits with others are a social requirement.
(d) Visits with others are the only valuable thing in life.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Todd say she wants to pick herbs on the island where Mrs. Blackett lives?
2. Who does the narrator compare Mrs. Fosdick to when describing her visits to others?
3. Why does the Captain believe he knows "the truth" about life after death?
4. What does Captain Littlepage say about the townspeople?
5. Who is William?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)