|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5, 6 and 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator compare Captain Littlepage's gait to?
(a) A tortoise.
(b) A grasshopper.
(c) A rabbit.
(d) A snail.
2. What connection does Mrs. Todd see between the tansy in the schoolyard and people?
(a) Like tansy, people can only thrive with others of their kind around them.
(b) Like tansy, people can overcome a harsh past to make the most of their lives.
(c) Like tansy, people gather their strength during the spring and then blossom fully in the summer.
(d) Like tansy, people can thrive almost anywhere.
3. What did the Captain do while waiting in Chapter 5?
(a) Tried to reach rescuers.
(b) Looked for help.
(c) Looked for food.
(d) Spent time talking to other survivors.
4. What did Gaffett and his companion do after going on land?
(a) They looked for supplies.
(b) They sent rescuers to the site of the shipwreck.
(c) They retrieved their boat and left.
(d) They went to the pub.
5. How does Captain Littlepage react to the narrator's comments?
(a) He is glad she understands him.
(b) He is surprised that has had similar experiences.
(c) He firmly denies her explanation.
(d) He is hurt that she doesn't believe him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Mrs. Begg dislike about life at Dunnet Landing?
2. How is Captain Littlepage dressed?
3. How old does the Captain say he is?
4. What does Mrs. Todd do during her free time?
5. According to the narrator's quote, what does Darwin say about sea captains?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)