|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5, 6 and 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Mrs. Begg dislike about life at Dunnet Landing?
(a) The tight-knit community.
(b) The constant sound of the sea.
(c) The people lived too far apart.
(d) The salty smell of the ocean.
2. What connection does Mrs. Todd see between the tansy in the schoolyard and people?
(a) Like tansy, people gather their strength during the spring and then blossom fully in the summer.
(b) Like tansy, people can only thrive with others of their kind around them.
(c) Like tansy, people can overcome a harsh past to make the most of their lives.
(d) Like tansy, people can thrive almost anywhere.
3. How does Captain Littlepage react to the narrator's comments?
(a) He is glad she understands him.
(b) He is hurt that she doesn't believe him.
(c) He firmly denies her explanation.
(d) He is surprised that has had similar experiences.
4. Under which pretense does Mrs. Todd come to the schoolhouse to visit the narrator?
(a) She is looking for tansy.
(b) She needs some advice.
(c) She is looking for plantains.
(d) She has an herbal mixture for the narrator.
5. When does the narrator need to have her writing project finished?
(a) By the end of the season.
(b) By the end of the month.
(c) By the time the publisher writes to request her manuscript.
(d) Before the publisher comes to visit.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Gaffett and his companion discover after sailing away from the shipwreck?
2. How does the narrator characterize Captain Littlepage's reaction to Gaffett's story?
3. What natural landscape influences life in the community?
4. How has the funeral affected the Captain's mood in Chapter 5?
5. Who is the funeral procession for?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)