|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1, 2, 3 and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does tansy grow so well around the schoolhouse?
(a) The fertile soil.
(b) The salty air near the ocean.
(c) The children trampled it down during the spring.
(d) The spacious schoolyard.
2. What does the author compare knowing a village like Dunnet Landing to?
(a) Getting to know a friend better.
(b) Coming home.
(c) A walk on a familiar forest path.
(d) Becoming acquainted with a single person.
3. What made the narrator choose Dunnet Landing for her visit?
(a) Its sense of neighborhood and the pleasant cottages.
(b) The friendly people.
(c) Its closeness to the ocean.
(d) The peacefulness of the little village.
4. What time of year does the story take place?
5. Which event does the author describe to help illustrate the community's sense of compassion in Chapter 4?
(a) A town meeting.
(b) The illness of one of the community members.
(c) A wedding.
(d) A funeral procession.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the people of Dunnet Landing feel about Mrs. Todd?
2. Why does the narrator choose a new place to write?
3. What does Mrs. Todd do during her free time?
4. Why does the narrator come to visit Maine?
5. Why does the narrator say she didn't "walk the rest" at the end of Chapter 4?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)