|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1, 2, 3 and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator notice about Captain Littlepage's reputation in Dunnet Landing?
(a) He is an outsider.
(b) He is well-respected.
(c) He is like the father of the community.
(d) He is friends with everyone.
2. Where does the narrator first stay during her visit?
(a) With Mrs. Begg.
(b) In a small, family-run hotel.
(c) In the schoolhouse.
(d) With Mrs. Todd.
3. What natural landscape influences life in the community?
(a) The lake.
(b) The forest.
(c) The ocean.
(d) The mountains.
4. Why does the narrator choose a new place to write?
(a) Others find her presence distracting.
(b) She finds she is spending too much time with her new friends.
(c) There are too many distractions.
(d) She doesn't like greeting guests.
5. What does Mrs. Todd do during her free time?
(a) She collects herbs for cooking.
(b) She takes care of her mother.
(c) She visits her friends.
(d) She collects herbs for natural remedies.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the narrator say comes and goes past the schoolhouse window?
2. What did Mrs. Begg dislike about life at Dunnet Landing?
3. What made the narrator choose Dunnet Landing for her visit?
4. Where does the narrator go to write in Chapter 1?
5. How does the narrator react to the funeral procession?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)