|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Bowdens do after dinner?
(a) Play horseshoes.
(b) Go for a walk.
(c) Give speeches.
(d) Sing songs.
2. What does the author compare knowing a village like Dunnet Landing to?
(a) Coming home.
(b) Becoming acquainted with a single person.
(c) A walk on a familiar forest path.
(d) Getting to know a friend better.
3. What does Elijah do in honor of his wife?
(a) He visits her grave daily.
(b) He cries when he talks about her.
(c) He vows never to remarry.
(d) He lives a solitary life alone in their house.
4. In talking to the narrator, what aspect of the event makes Mrs. Todd particularly emotional?
(a) Her mother's place of honor in the parade.
(b) The beauty of the landscape.
(c) The way she is treated by the others.
(d) Her nostalgia for better days.
5. What does Elijah tell the narrator about his love interests?
(a) He would like to remarry if he found the right companion.
(b) He has no interest in remarrying.
(c) He would like to meet someone new, but Dunnet Landing is too small.
(d) He has given up looking for someone new.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the narrator say she didn't "walk the rest" at the end of Chapter 4?
2. Who is William?
3. How does the narrator imagine Elijah bringing home the furnishings?
4. How old is Mrs. Blackett?
5. How can the mood be described as the narrator, Mrs. Todd and Mrs. Blackett make their way to the event?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)