|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mrs. Blackett manage her advanced age?
(a) She has William to help her.
(b) She continues to live an active life.
(c) She worries that she is becoming senile.
(d) She walks with a cane.
2. Under what pretense does the narrator leave Mrs. Blackett's home?
(a) To dig carrots for the salad.
(b) To find some herbs for Mrs. Todd.
(c) To dig potatoes for chowder.
(d) To gather some flowers.
3. When does Joanna ask Mrs. Todd to return?
(a) The next day.
(b) In a month.
(c) In a year.
4. What did Gaffett and his companion discover after sailing away from the shipwreck?
(a) An island.
(b) More suvivors.
(c) A town.
(d) The ship's cargo.
5. Who does Mrs. Todd begin talking about Sant Bowden with?
(a) Mrs. Caplin.
(b) Captain Bowden.
(c) Sarah Jane Blackett.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the narrator compare Mrs. Fosdick to when describing her visits to others?
2. What does Mrs. Blackett need in order to be ready for departure?
3. With whom does Mrs. Todd go to visit Joanna in Chapter 13?
4. What do William and Mrs. Blackett do after supper?
5. What emotion does Elijah awaken in the narrator?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)