|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5, 6 and 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the narrator react to the Captain's story?
(a) She is skeptical.
(b) She has always believed in such things.
(c) She believes that a man like the Captain can only tell the truth.
(d) She believes that the story is true.
2. How does the narrator react to the funeral procession?
(a) She thinks perhaps she should have joined the procession.
(b) She feels sorry for the family members.
(c) She is irritated by the distraction from her writing.
(d) She realizes that life is short and decides to live life to its fullest.
3. What conclusion about the narrator's beliefs can be drawn from her conversation with Captain Littlepage?
(a) She believes that the Captain is crazy.
(b) She tends not to believe in Gaffert's story.
(c) She believes that sailors cannot be trusted.
(d) She does not believe in life after death.
4. How does the narrator characterize Captain Littlepage's reaction to Gaffett's story?
(a) He believes that Gaffett made the story up.
(b) He believes that the story is true.
(c) He believes that too much time at sea can affect your thinking.
(d) He believes that sailing is dangerous.
5. What time of year does the story take place?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the narrator say comes and goes past the schoolhouse window?
2. What topic leads to the narrator's conversation with Captain Littlepage about life after death?
3. What does the narrator compare Dunnet Landing's cottage windows to?
4. What does the narrator notice about her own thoughts as the funeral procession moves out of sight?
5. Why does tansy grow so well around the schoolhouse?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)