|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5, 6 and 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What conclusion about the narrator's beliefs can be drawn from her conversation with Captain Littlepage?
(a) She believes that sailors cannot be trusted.
(b) She believes that the Captain is crazy.
(c) She does not believe in life after death.
(d) She tends not to believe in Gaffert's story.
2. How does Mrs. Todd react to the funeral procession?
(a) She tries her best to comfort others.
(b) She is durable and strong enough to withstand the emotional strain.
(c) She is genuinely grief-stricken.
(d) She looks to others for comfort.
3. What topic leads to the narrator's conversation with Captain Littlepage about life after death?
(a) The importance of living life to it's fullest.
(b) Captain Littlepage's near-death experience.
(c) Mrs. Begg's funeral.
(d) The Reverend's remarks.
4. Why does the narrator say she didn't "walk the rest" at the end of Chapter 4?
(a) She doesn't know who the procession is for.
(b) She doesn't know the townspeople in the procession.
(c) She realizes that she is not a member of the community.
(d) She is too busy with her work.
5. What was the cause of the Captain's experience?
(b) Too much alcohol.
(c) Poor help from the crew.
(d) Bad weather.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the narrator first stay during her visit?
2. What does the narrator assert during the beginning of her conversation with Captain Littlepage in Chapter 5?
3. How does the town doctor feel about Mrs. Todd and her use of herbs?
4. What does the narrator find impressive about the Captain's retelling of Gaffett's story?
5. How do the people of Dunnet Landing feel about Mrs. Todd?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)