|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5, 6 and 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the narrator come to visit Maine?
(a) To write about the area.
(b) To visit friends.
(c) To work on a writing project.
(d) For a long vacation.
2. What does the author compare knowing a village like Dunnet Landing to?
(a) Getting to know a friend better.
(b) Becoming acquainted with a single person.
(c) Coming home.
(d) A walk on a familiar forest path.
3. Why does the narrator say she didn't "walk the rest" at the end of Chapter 4?
(a) She realizes that she is not a member of the community.
(b) She doesn't know who the procession is for.
(c) She doesn't know the townspeople in the procession.
(d) She is too busy with her work.
4. How does the narrator react to the Captain's story?
(a) She is skeptical.
(b) She has always believed in such things.
(c) She believes that the story is true.
(d) She believes that a man like the Captain can only tell the truth.
5. Why does the Captain believe he knows "the truth" about life after death?
(a) His experiences while waiting for rescue from a shipwreck.
(b) He is a deeply religious man.
(c) His religious experiences.
(d) He himself had a near-death experience.
Short Answer Questions
1. What conclusion did Gaffett draw from his experience?
2. How has the funeral affected the Captain's mood in Chapter 5?
3. How is Captain Littlepage dressed?
4. When does the narrator need to have her writing project finished?
5. How do the people of Dunnet Landing feel about Mrs. Todd?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)