|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5, 6 and 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the narrator first stay during her visit?
(a) With Mrs. Begg.
(b) In the schoolhouse.
(c) In a small, family-run hotel.
(d) With Mrs. Todd.
2. Besides her herbal remedies, what else is Mrs. Todd known for in Dunnet Landing?
(a) Her pine ale.
(b) Her iced tea.
(c) Her spruce beer.
(d) Her lemonade.
3. What does the narrator miss as she is thinking about life in Dunnet Landing after the funeral procession?
(a) Her family.
(c) News from her hometown.
(d) Foods from home.
4. How is Captain Littlepage dressed?
(a) Like an old sea captain.
5. What does the author compare knowing a village like Dunnet Landing to?
(a) Getting to know a friend better.
(b) Becoming acquainted with a single person.
(c) Coming home.
(d) A walk on a familiar forest path.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does tansy grow so well around the schoolhouse?
2. Where does the narrator go to write in Chapter 1?
3. What conclusion about the Captain's beliefs can be drawn from his conversation with the narrator?
4. Where did the Captain's experience described in Chapter 5 take place?
5. How does Captain Littlepage react to the narrator's comments?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)