|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13, 14 and 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How has the funeral affected the Captain's mood in Chapter 5?
(a) He seems depressed.
(b) He seems fearful.
(c) He seems melancholy.
(d) He seems thoughtful.
2. How does the narrator characterize Captain Littlepage's reaction to Gaffett's story?
(a) He believes that the story is true.
(b) He believes that too much time at sea can affect your thinking.
(c) He believes that sailing is dangerous.
(d) He believes that Gaffett made the story up.
3. How do the people of Dunnett Landing feel about having company?
(a) Visits with others are a necessary evil.
(b) Visits with others are the only valuable thing in life.
(c) Visits with others are a valued commodity.
(d) Visits with others are a social requirement.
4. What conclusion about the Captain's beliefs can be drawn from his conversation with the narrator?
(a) He tends to believe in life after death.
(b) He tends not to believe in life after death.
(c) He believes that seafaring is dangerous.
(d) He believes that sailors cannot be trusted.
5. With whom does Mrs. Todd go to visit Joanna in Chapter 13?
(a) Her mother.
(b) The sea captain.
(c) Her husband.
(d) The minister.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the story of Joanna occur?
2. Under which pretense does Mrs. Todd come to the schoolhouse to visit the narrator?
3. What did Mrs. Begg dislike about life at Dunnet Landing?
4. According to the narrator's quote, what does Darwin say about sea captains?
5. Where does the narrator go to write in Chapter 1?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)