|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What comes out of the fissures in the ground?
2. What happens to the temperature when light first appears?
(a) It stays the same.
(b) It begins to fluxuate up and down.
(c) It goes down.
(d) It goes up.
3. What does Qfwfq complain about the Z'zu family wanting to do?
(a) Stay up late and listen to loud music.
(b) Leave a bicycle out in the middle of everything.
(c) Hold large dances.
(d) Hang washing on a clothes line.
4. What scientist's calculations are referred to in the opening to the story?
(a) Edwin P. Hubble
(b) Anders Celcius
(c) Giorgio Abetti
(d) Galileo Galilei
5. What do Ayl and her friends play ball with?
(a) A piece of silicon.
(b) A piece of marble.
(c) A piece of quartz.
(d) A piece of iron.
Short Answer Questions
1. What simile does Qfwfq use to describe the conditions before the Big Bang, though he admits it's inaccurate?
2. What do the characters use to try to get Qfwfq and Mrs. Vhd Vhd down from the moon after they are trapped there?
3. What scientific theory is the story "Games without End" based on?
4. Where does Qfwfq find Ayl after the colors appear?
5. What does Qfwfq say made the sign recognizable?
Short Essay Questions
1. What skills does the Deaf One have that make it easiest for him to climb up to the moon?
2. What outstanding physical characteristics does Mr. Pber^t Pber^d have?
3. What does Qfwfq find that Pfwfp is doing when he follows his playmate?
4. How does Qfwfq try to help Mrs. Vhd Vhd get back down to Earth, after the moon begins behaving strangely?
5. What happens to Mrs. Ph(i)nK_0 at the end of the story?
6. Why does Qfwfq fear making a third true sign?
7. When Qfwfq finally sees Ayl again, after the meteor flying overhead, how does he lure her away from her friends?
8. How is the food that the characters collect from the moon made?
9. What object's beauty do Qfwfq and Ayl disagree about?
10. Describe what Qfwfq thinks as he nears the end of the first galactic revolution and believes he's about to see his sign again.
This section contains 770 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)