|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long is the sun's trip around the Milky Way?
(a) Two million years.
(b) Two billion years.
(c) Two hundred million years.
(d) Twenty million years.
2. What constantly strikes the Earth?
(a) Moon rocks.
(b) Sand storms.
3. As time passes, how does Qfwfq come to see his second sign?
(a) As insignificant and unnoticeable.
(b) As a transitionary phase to a more beautiful evolution.
(c) As archaic and outmoded.
(d) As elegant and timeless.
4. What instrument does Mrs. Vhd Vhd play?
(a) The dulcimer.
(b) The viola.
(c) The harp.
(d) The harmonica.
5. Who does Qfwfq scold, after the family's planet first hits something?
(a) His grandmother.
(b) His father.
(c) His brother.
(d) His mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who would Mr. Pber^t Pber^d like to keep out if the universe condenses to a point again?
2. What kind of sound does Qfwfq say the creation of a hydrogen atom makes?
3. Where does Qfwfq find Mr. Hnw while Qfwfq is searching for his siblings?
4. How does Qfwfq personify the other galaxies he goes by?
5. What has opened up fissures in the ground?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the Deaf One act while the moon is further away from the Earth?
2. Why does Qfwfq fear making a third true sign?
3. What are Ayl and Qfwfq's attitudes toward difference and sameness?
4. What argument does Qfwfq give that the Z'zus could not be properly described as immigrants?
5. What happens to the aunts and uncles when they leave?
6. In the story, one of the characters accidentally floats up into the air. Describe how that character comes back down.
7. What does Qfwfq try to communicate with Ayl when they first meet?
8. How is Qfwfq and Pfwfp's final game resolved?
9. What skills does the Deaf One have that make it easiest for him to climb up to the moon?
10. How does Pfwfp start acting strangely, as the game between him and Qfwfq goes on?
This section contains 723 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)