|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the cleaning woman spend all day doing?
(b) Singing and telling stories.
(c) Gossiping and complaining.
(d) Looking for dust.
2. Why is Qfwfq aware when new hydrogen atoms appear?
(a) He's familiar with all the existing hydrogen atoms.
(b) He feels a tingling in his toes.
(c) He happens to be standing on top of one when it appears, and after that, begins to look for them.
(d) He is taught to find the new atoms by his father.
3. What does Qfwfq see that makes him postulate the existence of Kgwgk?
(a) A tell-tale mark near his destroyed sign.
(b) A mirror image of his sign.
(c) A notable absense of anything near a specific point.
(d) An imitation of his sign.
4. How does Ayl feel when she first sees Qfwfq?
5. What simile does Qfwfq use to describe the conditions before the Big Bang, though he admits it's inaccurate?
(a) Snug as bugs.
(b) Cozy as a kitten.
(c) Tied together like a knot.
(d) Packed like sardines.
Short Answer Questions
1. What begins to happen, after Mrs. Vhd Vhd climbs up to the moon behind the Deaf One?
2. Where does Mr. Pber^t Pber^d end up?
3. What toy does Qfwfq compare hydrogen atoms to?
4. What do Ayl and her friends play ball with?
5. What do the characters use to try to get Qfwfq and Mrs. Vhd Vhd down from the moon after they are trapped there?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the narrator see evolution as confining?
2. Why does Qfwfq say he could not make an accurate guess as to how many beings their were at the point before the Big Bang?
3. What are Ayl and Qfwfq's attitudes toward difference and sameness?
4. How does Zahn first react to Qfwfq?
5. What does Qfwfq try to communicate with Ayl when they first meet?
6. Why does the narrator not want to show his desire to meet Ursula at the beginning of the story "The Form of Space"?
7. When does the narrator suppose that he might finally meet Ursula, and what does he fear about that potential meeting?
8. What object's beauty do Qfwfq and Ayl disagree about?
9. What explanation does the narrator give for caring about the opinion of whoever wrote the sign he first sees?
10. What does Granny say has happened after the darkness comes again at the end of the story?
This section contains 832 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)