|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Qfwfq discover when he goes to spy out the reported dinosaurs?
(a) They are rhinoceroses.
(b) They are hippopotamuses.
(c) They are aligators.
(d) They are ostriches.
2. What does the second sign that the narrator sees through his telescope say?
(a) I saw it.
(b) I know it.
(c) I know you.
(d) I saw you.
3. What swarm of insects does the narrator describe flying through the air in the second part of the story, in the railway embankment scene?
4. What job does Zahn recommend Qfwfq for, which Qfwfq would rather not do?
(a) Defending the village.
(b) Exploring new territory.
(c) Being ambassador to neighboring species.
(d) Ruling the village.
5. Where is a dinosaur body uncovered?
(a) A rock slide.
(b) A cavern.
(c) A tar pit.
(d) A melting glacier.
6. Where does N'ba N'ga live?
(a) In a rock formation in a river.
(b) In a quiet cove on the edge of the sea.
(c) In the shallow edge of a lagoon.
(d) In a bay inlet, near a waterfall.
7. What does Qfwfq predict will happen to stars?
(a) They will break into smaller stars.
(b) They will burst into fire.
(c) They will begin emitting helium.
(d) They will slowly grow in size.
8. What does one of the spectators at the fight between Zahn and Qfwfq call out?
(a) Die, Dinosaur!
(b) Give it to him, Dinosaur!
(c) Run, Dinosaur!
(d) He's a Dinosaur!
9. Where does Qfwfq want Lll to come away with him to?
(a) An island in the river.
(b) An underwater garden.
(c) A system of caverns in the forest.
(d) A plain beyond the mountain.
10. What does Ursula H'x do as she falls?
(a) She sleeps constantly.
(b) She does her nails or combs her hair.
(c) She plays music and sings.
(d) She does calisthenics.
11. What does the mollusk think of the development of eyesight?
(a) It's a terrible curse for those who have it.
(b) It's a trivial task compared to making a shell to be seen.
(c) It's impossibly difficult.
(d) It's something that eventually all things must do.
12. When Fern-flower dreams of a dinosaur being teased, what does she do in the dream?
(a) She watches and finds it upsetting.
(b) She teases the dinosaur.
(c) She protects the dinosaur.
(d) She watches and finds it funny.
13. What weapon does Lieutenant Fenimore use against the narrator?
(a) A dart.
(b) A baton.
(c) A sword.
(d) A pistol.
14. What does the narrator describe the making of his shell as?
(a) Self-expression, like an exclamation.
(b) Aggression, like punching outward.
(c) Expansion, like taking new territory.
(d) Pleading, like reaching out his hands.
15. Which of the following impossible fantasies does the narrator have in his shapeless form?
(a) Snapping his fingers.
(c) Shaking someone's hand.
(d) Crossing his legs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Qfwfq identify as the first numbers to exist?
2. What unplanned benefit does the shell give the narrator?
3. What is N'ba N'ga's relationship to Qfwfq?
4. What is the first bet Qfwfq makes before the beginning of the universe?
5. What sign does the narrator see, when he looks up in anticipation of a reaction to the second event, of which he is proud?
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)