|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For how long does Qfwfq say he was a dinosaur?
(a) About a hundred million years.
(b) About fifty million years.
(c) About thirty million years.
(d) About eighty million years.
2. What is the second sign the narrator sees, when he is looking for reactions to his magnanimous and generous actions?
(a) You have a shoe untied.
(b) You have a flannel undershirt.
(c) You have forgotten your gloves.
(d) You have a hole in your sock.
3. What does the first sign the narrator sees say?
(a) I saw it.
(b) I saw you.
(c) I know it.
(d) I know you.
4. What does Qfwfq predict will happen to stars?
(a) They will break into smaller stars.
(b) They will begin emitting helium.
(c) They will slowly grow in size.
(d) They will burst into fire.
5. What does Ursula H'x do as she falls?
(a) She does her nails or combs her hair.
(b) She sleeps constantly.
(c) She does calisthenics.
(d) She plays music and sings.
6. What variables does the narrator use to refer to the two moments in his life that he thinks others must be observing from far-away galaxies?
(a) The variables a and b.
(b) The variables x and y.
(c) The variables e and c.
(d) The variables pi and phi.
7. Why is Lll more agile than Qfwfq?
(a) She was born on land.
(b) She has run races all her life.
(c) She is younger than Qfwfq.
(d) She has a new kind of knee joint.
8. What does the narrator say the sign "This time I like you." refers to?
(a) The time he locked himself out of his house.
(b) The time he left a manuscript on a train.
(c) The time he ignored the doorbell because he didn't wat to see his great-aunt.
(d) The time he wore mismatched socks.
9. What does Qfwfq discover when he goes to spy out the reported dinosaurs?
(a) They are rhinoceroses.
(b) They are aligators.
(c) They are ostriches.
(d) They are hippopotamuses.
10. Which of the following impossible fantasies does the narrator have in his shapeless form?
(b) Snapping his fingers.
(c) Crossing his legs.
(d) Shaking someone's hand.
11. What is N'ba N'ga's relationship to Qfwfq?
(a) He is an elder third cousin.
(b) He is a great-grandfather.
(c) He is a grandfather.
(d) He is a great-uncle.
12. What does one of the spectators at the fight between Zahn and Qfwfq call out?
(a) Give it to him, Dinosaur!
(b) Run, Dinosaur!
(c) Die, Dinosaur!
(d) He's a Dinosaur!
13. How often does the whole family visit N'ba N'ga to get his advice?
(a) Once a century.
(b) Once a decade.
(c) Once a month.
(d) Once a year.
14. How does the narrator feel about the female he comes to notice?
(a) He hates her.
(b) He loves her.
(c) He doesn't care about her.
(d) He is irritated by her.
15. What sign does the narrator finally choose as his response to the first sign?
(a) Who cares.
(b) So what?
(c) What do you mean?
(d) What of it?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the narrator see the shape of space?
2. What gives the narrator the idea that space has a shape and form?
3. In the world millions of years later, where does the narrator see the image of the first female mollusk he interacts with?
4. What does Qfwfq identify as the first numbers to exist?
5. Who does the mollusk expect to develop sight but doesn't?
This section contains 621 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)