|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During what period did the dinosaurs die out?
(a) The Cretaceous.
(b) The Miocene.
(c) The Eocene.
(d) The Paleozoic.
2. What is the second sign the narrator sees, when he is looking for reactions to his magnanimous and generous actions?
(a) You have forgotten your gloves.
(b) You have a hole in your sock.
(c) You have a flannel undershirt.
(d) You have a shoe untied.
3. What does Qfwfq predict will happen to stars?
(a) They will slowly grow in size.
(b) They will burst into fire.
(c) They will begin emitting helium.
(d) They will break into smaller stars.
4. What begins to happen to Qfwfq and Dean (k)yK's bets after humanity appears on the scene?
(a) Dean (k)yK stops betting.
(b) Dean (k)yK begins to win every bet, without exception.
(c) Qfwfq begins to win every bet, without exception.
(d) Dean (k)yK begins to win more bets.
5. When Ursula H'x begins swaying during her fall, what does Lieutenant Fenimore do?
(a) He looks away.
(b) He begins staring at her, hypnotized.
(c) He lunges toward her.
(d) He begins to imitate her swaying.
6. What does Qfwfq think of N'ba N'ga's way of speaking?
(a) His singsong speech is annoying.
(b) His interesting metaphors are enlightening.
(c) He speaks in riddles that are difficult to understand.
(d) His language is archaic.
7. For how long does Qfwfq say he was a dinosaur?
(a) About eighty million years.
(b) About fifty million years.
(c) About thirty million years.
(d) About a hundred million years.
8. What does the narrator say the sign "Tchk Tchk" refers to?
(a) The time he gave a third of his salary to charity.
(b) The time he swerved and crashed his car to avoid hitting a dog.
(c) The time he quit his job because they asked him to do something wrong.
(d) The time he stopped a bully from beating up a child.
9. What type of fish is N'ba N'ga?
10. Who gives Qfwfq and Dean (k)yK the libraries, magazines, and computers they need for their calculations?
(a) A University Grant.
(b) A Government Agency.
(c) A Research Foundation.
(d) An International Conglomerate.
11. What does the mollusk think of the development of eyesight?
(a) It's a trivial task compared to making a shell to be seen.
(b) It's something that eventually all things must do.
(c) It's a terrible curse for those who have it.
(d) It's impossibly difficult.
12. What example of a detailed bet that he makes does Qfwfq give?
(a) What shape Australia's coastline will take.
(b) How deep the Grand Canyon will be.
(c) Where the Great Pyramids will be located.
(d) Whether the Assyrians will invade Mesopotamia.
13. How does the narrator know about females of his species?
(a) Through smells.
(b) Through electric impulses.
(c) Through vibrations.
(d) Through sounds.
14. What do the New Ones do when they find the dinosaur body?
(a) They move away from the area, now taboo.
(b) They burn the body out of fear.
(c) They celebrate.
(d) They hold a trial to determine the fate of the dinosaur.
15. What weapon does Lieutenant Fenimore use against the narrator?
(a) A pistol.
(b) A dart.
(c) A baton.
(d) A sword.
Short Answer Questions
1. How often does the whole family visit N'ba N'ga to get his advice?
2. What does Qfwfq do when a New One first calls to him?
3. What name do the New Ones give to Qfwfq?
4. What unplanned benefit does the shell give the narrator?
5. Where does Qfwfq want Lll to come away with him to?
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)