|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are the universes that the narrator sees as he falls?
(a) All around, always near, but never crossing his path.
(b) So near he can almost touch them.
(c) Very far away so he almost thinks they're illusions.
(d) Always above him as he falls away from them.
2. What does Qfwfq discover when he goes to spy out the reported dinosaurs?
(a) They are aligators.
(b) They are ostriches.
(c) They are rhinoceroses.
(d) They are hippopotamuses.
3. After the narrator speculates that Ursula H'x and Lieutenant Fenimore might have met at some time in the past, what does he deduce from this speculation?
(a) That Ursula H'x and Lieutenant Fenimore will circle around and meet again.
(b) That Ursula H'x developed a love for Lieutenant Fenimore.
(c) That Ursula H'x and Lieutenant Fenimore are moving away from each other.
(d) That Ursula H'x developed a dislike for Lieutenant Fenimore.
4. What does Lll dare Qfwfq to do when they are playing near the water?
(a) Get as close to the water as he can.
(b) Run through the waves as fast as he can.
(c) Make as big a splash as he can.
(d) Hold his breath under water as long as he can.
5. What job does Zahn recommend Qfwfq for, which Qfwfq would rather not do?
(a) Exploring new territory.
(b) Ruling the village.
(c) Being ambassador to neighboring species.
(d) Defending the village.
6. What does Lll do after N'ba N'ga says that he could teach her to live in the water?
(a) She starts to cry.
(b) She laughs and runs off.
(c) She immediately jumps in the water.
(d) She gives N'ba N'ga a kiss.
7. What is N'ba N'ga's relationship to Qfwfq?
(a) He is a great-uncle.
(b) He is an elder third cousin.
(c) He is a grandfather.
(d) He is a great-grandfather.
8. How does Qfwfq feel about N'ba N'ga?
(a) Qfwfq loves N'ba N'ga.
(b) Qfwfq is afraid of N'ba N'ga.
(c) Qfwfq is embarrassed by N'ba N'ga.
(d) Qfwfq is jealous of N'ba N'ga's watery home.
9. What does the mollusk think of the development of eyesight?
(a) It's a terrible curse for those who have it.
(b) It's something that eventually all things must do.
(c) It's a trivial task compared to making a shell to be seen.
(d) It's impossibly difficult.
10. What unplanned benefit does the shell give the narrator?
(a) A weapon.
(c) Physical attraction for females.
11. Where does the narrator strike Lieutenant Fenimore as he falls on him?
(a) On the cervical vertibrae.
(b) On the cranium.
(c) In the spleen.
(d) On the gluteus maximus.
12. What example of a detailed bet that he makes does Qfwfq give?
(a) How deep the Grand Canyon will be.
(b) Whether the Assyrians will invade Mesopotamia.
(c) What shape Australia's coastline will take.
(d) Where the Great Pyramids will be located.
13. Why is Lll more agile than Qfwfq?
(a) She is younger than Qfwfq.
(b) She has run races all her life.
(c) She has a new kind of knee joint.
(d) She was born on land.
14. How does the narrator feel about the female he comes to notice?
(a) He doesn't care about her.
(b) He loves her.
(c) He is irritated by her.
(d) He hates her.
15. What does Qfwfq do when a New One first calls to him?
(a) He attacks the New One.
(b) He runs away.
(c) He stands perfectly still and hides.
(d) He pretends to be dead.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator say the sign "This time I like you." refers to?
2. What sign does the narrator finally choose as his response to the first sign?
3. Why is the narrator certain Ursula H'x and Lieutenant Fenimore can't meet?
4. What type of fish is N'ba N'ga?
5. Where is a dinosaur body uncovered?
This section contains 673 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)