|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gives Qfwfq and Dean (k)yK the libraries, magazines, and computers they need for their calculations?
(a) An International Conglomerate.
(b) A Research Foundation.
(c) A Government Agency.
(d) A University Grant.
2. What is N'ba N'ga's relationship to Qfwfq?
(a) He is an elder third cousin.
(b) He is a great-uncle.
(c) He is a great-grandfather.
(d) He is a grandfather.
3. Where does N'ba N'ga live?
(a) In the shallow edge of a lagoon.
(b) In a quiet cove on the edge of the sea.
(c) In a bay inlet, near a waterfall.
(d) In a rock formation in a river.
4. What bet does Qfwfq make about Signorina Giuseppina Pensotti before she (or humanity at all) yet exists?
(a) Whether she turns right or left on a specific day, coming out of her house.
(b) How many footsteps she will take in her lifetime.
(c) How many children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren she will have.
(d) What exact date she will die.
5. How far away is the galaxy where the narrator sees the sign?
(a) A hundred and fifty million light years.
(b) A hundred million light years.
(c) Ten million light years.
(d) Fifty million light years.
6. Where does the narrator strike Lieutenant Fenimore as he falls on him?
(a) On the cervical vertibrae.
(b) On the cranium.
(c) On the gluteus maximus.
(d) In the spleen.
7. What does one of the spectators at the fight between Zahn and Qfwfq call out?
(a) Die, Dinosaur!
(b) Give it to him, Dinosaur!
(c) He's a Dinosaur!
(d) Run, Dinosaur!
8. What are the main things the narrator is aware of beyond himself?
(a) The rock and the water.
(b) The sky and the air.
(c) The dirt and the rain.
(d) The mud and the plants.
9. How does the narrator know about females of his species?
(a) Through vibrations.
(b) Through smells.
(c) Through sounds.
(d) Through electric impulses.
10. How does the narrator see the shape of space?
(a) As a long curve that meets back with itself.
(b) As a jagged-edged zig-zag.
(c) As a long and smooth spiral.
(d) As a complex shape of curves, indentations, and projections.
11. What weapon does Lieutenant Fenimore use against the narrator?
(a) A baton.
(b) A sword.
(c) A pistol.
(d) A dart.
12. What things do Qfwfq and Dean (k)yK lack at first that makes betting difficult?
(a) Symbols, money, and numbers.
(b) Pencils and paper to track their bets.
(c) Other people to referree the bets and fix disputes.
(d) Senses to see the world around them with.
13. What is the first bet Qfwfq makes before the beginning of the universe?
(a) That matter will exist.
(b) That there was a previous universe.
(c) That the universe will begin at a specific point.
(d) That there will be a universe.
14. What does the second sign that the narrator sees through his telescope say?
(a) I saw you.
(b) I know it.
(c) I saw it.
(d) I know you.
15. Where are the universes that the narrator sees as he falls?
(a) Very far away so he almost thinks they're illusions.
(b) Always above him as he falls away from them.
(c) All around, always near, but never crossing his path.
(d) So near he can almost touch them.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Qfwfq feel about N'ba N'ga?
2. What does Qfwfq think of N'ba N'ga's way of speaking?
3. Why is the narrator certain Ursula H'x and Lieutenant Fenimore can't meet?
4. What does Lll dare Qfwfq to do when they are playing near the water?
5. What does Qfwfq identify as the first numbers to exist?
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)