|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does N'ba N'ga say his relatives get from living on land?
2. What does the second sign that the narrator sees through his telescope say?
(a) I know it.
(b) I know you.
(c) I saw it.
(d) I saw you.
3. What is N'ba N'ga's relationship to Qfwfq?
(a) He is an elder third cousin.
(b) He is a grandfather.
(c) He is a great-grandfather.
(d) He is a great-uncle.
4. How far away is the galaxy where the narrator sees the sign?
(a) Ten million light years.
(b) Fifty million light years.
(c) A hundred and fifty million light years.
(d) A hundred million light years.
5. What are the first things Qfwfq and Dean (k)yK have to bet with?
6. How does Lieutenant Fenimore react when the narrator indicates he's seen a universe?
(a) He is horrified.
(b) He is thrilled.
(c) He is contemptuous.
(d) He is irritated.
7. What does the first sign the narrator sees say?
(a) I saw you.
(b) I know it.
(c) I saw it.
(d) I know you.
8. What does Qfwfq identify as the first numbers to exist?
(a) The numbers e and pi.
(b) The numbers 0 and 1.
(c) The numbers i and 0.
(d) The numbers pi and phi.
9. What begins to happen to Qfwfq and Dean (k)yK's bets after humanity appears on the scene?
(a) Dean (k)yK stops betting.
(b) Qfwfq begins to win every bet, without exception.
(c) Dean (k)yK begins to win every bet, without exception.
(d) Dean (k)yK begins to win more bets.
10. How do the New Ones subsist?
(a) They catch fish from the river.
(b) They hunt deer in the woods.
(c) They grow vegetables in gardens.
(d) They gather berries, mushrooms, and vegetables from the woods.
11. How often does the whole family visit N'ba N'ga to get his advice?
(a) Once a decade.
(b) Once a month.
(c) Once a century.
(d) Once a year.
12. Where are the universes that the narrator sees as he falls?
(a) Very far away so he almost thinks they're illusions.
(b) So near he can almost touch them.
(c) All around, always near, but never crossing his path.
(d) Always above him as he falls away from them.
13. What name do the New Ones give to Qfwfq?
(a) The Sad One.
(b) The Grimacing One.
(c) The Ugly One.
(d) The Large One.
14. What does Qfwfq think of N'ba N'ga's way of speaking?
(a) His language is archaic.
(b) His singsong speech is annoying.
(c) He speaks in riddles that are difficult to understand.
(d) His interesting metaphors are enlightening.
15. Why is Lll more agile than Qfwfq?
(a) She has a new kind of knee joint.
(b) She has run races all her life.
(c) She was born on land.
(d) She is younger than Qfwfq.
Short Answer Questions
1. What gives the narrator the idea that space has a shape and form?
2. What does Qfwfq discover when he goes to spy out the reported dinosaurs?
3. What does the narrator say the sign "Tchk Tchk" refers to?
4. What job does Zahn recommend Qfwfq for, which Qfwfq would rather not do?
5. Why does Qfwfq bet that there will be atoms?
This section contains 632 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)