|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What job does Zahn recommend Qfwfq for, which Qfwfq would rather not do?
(a) Ruling the village.
(b) Defending the village.
(c) Being ambassador to neighboring species.
(d) Exploring new territory.
2. What does Qfwfq predict will happen to stars?
(a) They will burst into fire.
(b) They will begin emitting helium.
(c) They will slowly grow in size.
(d) They will break into smaller stars.
3. What does the narrator anticipate with relief at the end of "The Light-Years"?
(a) A time when the galaxies all contract back together and he can communnicate more quickly.
(b) The results of a final judgment on him from one central galaxy.
(c) All the galaxies moving so far away that he can't communicate with them or change their opinions.
(d) A way finally emerging that he can communicate more fully across space, to make his situation clear.
4. Who does the mollusk expect to develop sight but doesn't?
(a) The ocean and the sky.
(b) Himself and the female mollusk.
(c) The eggs that the mollusks lay.
(d) The mollusk shells.
5. How does the narrator first interact with a female?
(a) He bumps into her.
(b) He follows her path.
(c) He fertilizes her eggs.
(d) He dances around her.
6. How does Dean (k)yK try to back out of the bet that there will be atoms?
(a) He tries to deny that the atoms are atoms.
(b) He denies that he ever accepted a bet.
(c) He accuses Qfwfq of cheating on the bet.
(d) He says that they never shook hands on the bet.
7. Who gives Qfwfq and Dean (k)yK the libraries, magazines, and computers they need for their calculations?
(a) A Research Foundation.
(b) A Government Agency.
(c) A University Grant.
(d) An International Conglomerate.
8. How does Qfwfq feel about N'ba N'ga?
(a) Qfwfq is jealous of N'ba N'ga's watery home.
(b) Qfwfq is afraid of N'ba N'ga.
(c) Qfwfq is embarrassed by N'ba N'ga.
(d) Qfwfq loves N'ba N'ga.
9. When Fern-flower dreams of a dinosaur being teased, what does she do in the dream?
(a) She watches and finds it funny.
(b) She watches and finds it upsetting.
(c) She teases the dinosaur.
(d) She protects the dinosaur.
10. What does the narrator say the sign "Tchk Tchk" refers to?
(a) The time he gave a third of his salary to charity.
(b) The time he stopped a bully from beating up a child.
(c) The time he quit his job because they asked him to do something wrong.
(d) The time he swerved and crashed his car to avoid hitting a dog.
11. What are the main things the narrator is aware of beyond himself?
(a) The dirt and the rain.
(b) The mud and the plants.
(c) The sky and the air.
(d) The rock and the water.
12. What does Qfwfq identify as the first numbers to exist?
(a) The numbers e and pi.
(b) The numbers i and 0.
(c) The numbers 0 and 1.
(d) The numbers pi and phi.
13. Where does the narrator strike Lieutenant Fenimore as he falls on him?
(a) In the spleen.
(b) On the cervical vertibrae.
(c) On the cranium.
(d) On the gluteus maximus.
14. In the world millions of years later, where does the narrator see the image of the first female mollusk he interacts with?
(a) In only photographs and representations of women.
(b) In only one woman he sees for a fleeting moment.
(c) In all women.
15. What does the mollusk think of the development of eyesight?
(a) It's impossibly difficult.
(b) It's a trivial task compared to making a shell to be seen.
(c) It's a terrible curse for those who have it.
(d) It's something that eventually all things must do.
Short Answer Questions
1. What begins to happen to Qfwfq and Dean (k)yK's bets after humanity appears on the scene?
2. Where are the universes that the narrator sees as he falls?
3. Where does N'ba N'ga say is a good hunting ground?
4. During what period did the dinosaurs die out?
5. How often does the whole family visit N'ba N'ga to get his advice?
This section contains 727 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)