|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Qfwfq bet that there will be atoms?
(a) He gets a strange feeling like the weather is changing and intuits that atoms are coming.
(b) He sees one atom and realizes that more will probably follow soon.
(c) He reads a sign from a previous universe and interprets that it means there will be atoms soon.
(d) He makes mathematical calculations and predicts the atoms are coming.
2. What weapon does Lieutenant Fenimore use against the narrator?
(a) A baton.
(b) A dart.
(c) A sword.
(d) A pistol.
3. What bet does Qfwfq make about Signorina Giuseppina Pensotti before she (or humanity at all) yet exists?
(a) Whether she turns right or left on a specific day, coming out of her house.
(b) How many children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren she will have.
(c) How many footsteps she will take in her lifetime.
(d) What exact date she will die.
4. Where are the universes that the narrator sees as he falls?
(a) So near he can almost touch them.
(b) Very far away so he almost thinks they're illusions.
(c) Always above him as he falls away from them.
(d) All around, always near, but never crossing his path.
5. What does Qfwfq do when a New One first calls to him?
(a) He pretends to be dead.
(b) He runs away.
(c) He attacks the New One.
(d) He stands perfectly still and hides.
6. What example of a detailed bet that he makes does Qfwfq give?
(a) Where the Great Pyramids will be located.
(b) What shape Australia's coastline will take.
(c) Whether the Assyrians will invade Mesopotamia.
(d) How deep the Grand Canyon will be.
7. Why is the narrator certain Ursula H'x and Lieutenant Fenimore can't meet?
(a) They are all falling parallel to each other.
(b) Ursula H'x is completely contained in an inaccessible sphere.
(c) They cannot move as they fall.
(d) Lieutenant Fenimore and Ursula H'x are in separate dimensions.
8. How does the narrator know about females of his species?
(a) Through vibrations.
(b) Through smells.
(c) Through sounds.
(d) Through electric impulses.
9. How many people does the narrator expect will see the second event in his life, of which he is proud, compared to the first more shaming moment?
(a) More than saw the first.
(b) No one.
(c) The same number who saw the first.
(d) Less than saw the first.
10. What is the first bet Qfwfq makes before the beginning of the universe?
(a) That there will be a universe.
(b) That there was a previous universe.
(c) That the universe will begin at a specific point.
(d) That matter will exist.
11. What sign does the narrator see, when he looks up in anticipation of a reaction to the second event, of which he is proud?
(b) Not at home.
(c) Oh, well.
(d) I missed it.
12. Where does the narrator strike Lieutenant Fenimore as he falls on him?
(a) In the spleen.
(b) On the gluteus maximus.
(c) On the cervical vertibrae.
(d) On the cranium.
13. What does one of the spectators at the fight between Zahn and Qfwfq call out?
(a) Run, Dinosaur!
(b) Die, Dinosaur!
(c) He's a Dinosaur!
(d) Give it to him, Dinosaur!
14. Where is a dinosaur body uncovered?
(a) A cavern.
(b) A melting glacier.
(c) A rock slide.
(d) A tar pit.
15. What sign does the narrator read that at first he's happy about, but later is disappointed by?
(a) Who's that fantastic fellow?
(b) That character's really on the ball.
(c) This guy's pretty swell.
(d) Hey, fella, good job.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the narrator feel about the female he comes to notice?
2. Where does N'ba N'ga live?
3. How does Qfwfq feel about N'ba N'ga?
4. How often does the whole family visit N'ba N'ga to get his advice?
5. What gives the narrator the idea that space has a shape and form?
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)