|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Qfwfq personify the other galaxies he goes by?
(a) He says that they're pigheaded.
(b) He says that they're jealous.
(c) He says that they're sorrowful.
(d) He says that they're happy.
2. Who has taken Granny's cushion?
(a) Mr. Hnw.
(b) The twins.
3. Who is Mrs. Ph(i)nK_0's lover?
(b) De XuaeauX.
(c) Mr. Z'zu.
(d) Mr. Pber^t Pber^d.
4. Is the sign inside or outside the border of the galaxy?
(a) Inside, since Qfwfq could not reach outside the border to make it.
(b) Right on the border, since Qfwfq put it on the border to mark the exact position.
(c) Far outside, since Qfwfq leaped far over the border to make it.
(d) Slightly outside, since Qfwfq leaned over the border to make it.
5. As time passes, how does Qfwfq come to see his second sign?
(a) As archaic and outmoded.
(b) As elegant and timeless.
(c) As a transitionary phase to a more beautiful evolution.
(d) As insignificant and unnoticeable.
6. How old is Qfwfq in At Daybreak?
(a) He is very old.
(b) He is a baby.
(c) He is a child.
(d) He is middle aged.
7. What has opened up fissures in the ground?
(a) Water runoff.
(b) Lightning strikes.
(d) Meteor strikes.
8. What motivation does Qfwfq attribute to Kgwgk for destroying his sign?
9. What does Qfwfq see that makes him postulate the existence of Kgwgk?
(a) An imitation of his sign.
(b) A tell-tale mark near his destroyed sign.
(c) A notable absense of anything near a specific point.
(d) A mirror image of his sign.
10. When matter starts to condense, who does the family have to pull out of the newly formed matter?
(b) Mr. Hnw.
(c) Granny Bb'b.
11. How often does Qfwfq finally realize he will pass by his sign?
(a) Once every seven galactic revolutions.
(b) Once every nine galactic revolutions.
(c) Once every three galactic revolutions.
(d) Once every five galactic revolutions.
12. Who is Qfwfq in love with?
(a) The Deaf One.
(b) Mrs. Vhd Vhd.
(d) The moon.
13. Why does Qfwfq make a sign?
(a) To give directions to others who come this way.
(b) To find a point when he comes to it again.
(c) To communicate with the next person to see the sign.
(d) To claim a point as belonging to him.
14. What kind of sound does Qfwfq say the creation of a hydrogen atom makes?
(a) A small popping sound.
(b) A crashing bang.
(c) No sound.
(d) A slight tinkling sound.
15. Where does Qfwfq find Mr. Hnw while Qfwfq is searching for his siblings?
(a) With his head stuck in the mud.
(b) Sitting behind a newly formed rock.
(c) Stuck between two pillars of matter.
(d) Upside-down, hanging from an overhang.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Qfwfq feel about Mrs. Ph(i)Nk_0's fate?
2. Where does G'd(w)^n go after the light appears?
3. What scientist's calculations are referred to in the opening to the story?
4. What does Mrs. Ph(i)nK_0 want to make for everyone?
5. When asked if the sign was visible, how does Qfwfq respond?
This section contains 557 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)