|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes the sea creatures to go up into the air?
(a) The motion of the boats.
(b) The density of the air.
(c) The push of the tides.
(d) The attraction of the moon.
2. Where does Qfwfq find Ayl after the colors appear?
(a) Below the Earth's surface.
(b) Hiding beneath a rock ledge in a lake.
(c) Inside a structure she's built of rocks.
(d) In a cave near the garden with her friends.
3. Who is the Deaf One's cousin?
(b) Captain Vhd Vhd.
(c) Mrs. Vhd Vhd.
4. Does Qfwfq ever see any of the people from the point before the Big Bang anymore?
(a) Yes, he is still close with a number of people he sees daily.
(b) No, he never sees anyone, but he reads about them in the paper.
(c) Yes, he runs into someone from time to time.
(d) No, he never sees anyone, but they write occassionally.
5. What happens to the temperature when light first appears?
(a) It begins to fluxuate up and down.
(b) It goes up.
(c) It stays the same.
(d) It goes down.
6. How does Mrs. Ph(i)nK_0 feel about the rest of the inhabitants of the point?
(a) She feels surrounded and watched.
(b) She is jealous.
(c) She loves them all.
(d) She likes them but gets irritated.
7. What toy does Qfwfq compare hydrogen atoms to?
8. What kind of sound does Qfwfq say the creation of a hydrogen atom makes?
(a) A small popping sound.
(b) A crashing bang.
(c) No sound.
(d) A slight tinkling sound.
9. What does Qfwfq say made the sign recognizable?
(a) All other points were the same.
(b) The sign was the largest thing around.
(c) The sign was the brightest thing around.
(d) Having created it, he was bound to recognize it.
10. What scientist's calculations are referred to in the opening to the story?
(a) Edwin P. Hubble
(b) Giorgio Abetti
(c) Galileo Galilei
(d) Anders Celcius
11. Besides color, what is missing from the Earth?
12. What does Qfwfq do when he starts to forget what his sign looks like?
(a) He begins trying to recreate his sign, drawing it everywhere.
(b) He begins a journey to find the sign and remind himself about it.
(c) He begins designing new signs to supercede the old one.
(d) He begins making theories about what the sign must look like.
13. Where does Qfwfq later meet Ayl again?
(a) On a cliff.
(b) In a garden.
(c) On a mountain.
(d) In a ravine.
14. What is Father's reaction when the visiting aunts and uncles decide to leave?
(a) He is mad.
(b) He is worried.
(c) He is jealous.
(d) He is happy.
15. What has opened up fissures in the ground?
(a) Meteor strikes.
(b) Lightning strikes.
(c) Water runoff.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Qfwfq feel about his grandmother's cushion?
2. Who has taken Granny's cushion?
3. How does Qfwfq feel as he continues to wait to find his sign after the first galactic revolution?
4. When asked if the sign was visible, how does Qfwfq respond?
5. What makes the Earth colorless in the story?
This section contains 593 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)