|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes the Earth colorless in the story?
(a) A lack of particulates in the ozone layer.
(b) A lack of variation in light waves.
(c) A lack of atmosphere.
(d) A lack of color sensitivity in eyes.
2. How does Qfwfq feel as he continues to wait to find his sign after the first galactic revolution?
(a) He is more and more discouraged.
(b) He is more and more excited.
(c) He is more and more frustrated.
(d) He is more and more angry.
3. What has opened up fissures in the ground?
(b) Lightning strikes.
(c) Meteor strikes.
(d) Water runoff.
4. When Qfwfq initially makes his second sign, how does he see it in comparison to his first?
(a) He sees it as equal in quality.
(b) He sees it as vastly more beautiful.
(c) He see it as a slight improvement.
(d) He sees it as poor and sloppy in comparison.
5. How old is Qfwfq in At Daybreak?
(a) He is very old.
(b) He is middle aged.
(c) He is a child.
(d) He is a baby.
6. What does the meteorite flying overhead cause to happen?
(a) Flickering lights appear.
(b) A perfume smell spreads.
(c) Colors appear.
(d) A humming noise begins.
7. What fields do Qfwfq and his playmate have to consider in their game?
(a) Electric and quantum fields.
(b) Spinor and continuous random fields.
(c) Magnetic and gravitational fields.
(d) Scalar and tensor fields.
8. Where does G'd(w)^n go after the light appears?
(a) Into the galaxy, beyond the solar system.
(b) Around the back of the moon.
(c) Toward the sun.
(d) Into the Earth.
9. From here do Qfwfq and the other characters climb up to the moon?
(a) The Zinc Cliffs.
(b) The Cadmium Mountains.
(c) The Carbon Plateau.
(d) The Iron Hill.
10. Why does Qfwfq start to forget what his sign looks like?
(a) He begins to get older and lose his memory.
(b) He gets distracted by other things and stops thinking about the sign.
(c) He has no other signs by which to note the form of his sign.
(d) He cannot see the sign anymore to remind himself of its details.
11. Which character accidentally floats up in the air?
(b) Captain Vhd Vhd.
(d) The Deaf One.
12. What instrument does Mrs. Vhd Vhd play?
(a) The dulcimer.
(b) The viola.
(c) The harp.
(d) The harmonica.
13. What comes out of the fissures in the ground?
14. Who does Qfwfq scold, after the family's planet first hits something?
(a) His father.
(b) His grandmother.
(c) His brother.
(d) His mother.
15. When asked if the sign was visible, how does Qfwfq respond?
(a) He says visibilty was uncertain, and it flickered in and out.
(b) He says the sign was invisible to everyone but him.
(c) He says the sign was visible for miles around.
(d) He says no one had eyes to see with then.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pfwfp shout to Qfwfq as he pursues him in the new game?
2. Who would Mr. Pber^t Pber^d like to keep out if the universe condenses to a point again?
3. What does Qfwfq say about space and time before the Big Bang?
4. How does G'd(w)^n feel about darkness?
5. What does Qfwfq do when he locates Ayl?
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)