|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Qfwfq use to stick together the creation he makes in his secret storeroom?
(b) Light waves.
(d) Chewing gum.
2. What scientist's calculations are referred to in the opening to the story?
(a) Giorgio Abetti
(b) Edwin P. Hubble
(c) Galileo Galilei
(d) Anders Celcius
3. When Qfwfq initially makes his second sign, how does he see it in comparison to his first?
(a) He sees it as poor and sloppy in comparison.
(b) He see it as a slight improvement.
(c) He sees it as vastly more beautiful.
(d) He sees it as equal in quality.
4. In Qfwfq and Pfwfp's game, how many old hydrogen atoms is a new hydrogen atom worth?
5. Why does Qfwfq start to forget what his sign looks like?
(a) He gets distracted by other things and stops thinking about the sign.
(b) He begins to get older and lose his memory.
(c) He cannot see the sign anymore to remind himself of its details.
(d) He has no other signs by which to note the form of his sign.
6. What does Qfwfq do while looking for his siblings, so that the others can keep track of where he is?
(a) He whistles.
(b) He claps.
(c) He sings.
(d) He hums.
7. What causes the sea creatures to go up into the air?
(a) The push of the tides.
(b) The attraction of the moon.
(c) The motion of the boats.
(d) The density of the air.
8. What is Father's reaction when the visiting aunts and uncles decide to leave?
(a) He is jealous.
(b) He is worried.
(c) He is mad.
(d) He is happy.
9. What fields do Qfwfq and his playmate have to consider in their game?
(a) Magnetic and gravitational fields.
(b) Electric and quantum fields.
(c) Scalar and tensor fields.
(d) Spinor and continuous random fields.
10. Where does Mr. Pber^t Pber^d end up?
11. How does Qfwfq feel about the colors that fill the Earth?
(a) He is awed by the beautiful colors.
(b) He is frightened by the colors, but curious.
(c) He is irritated by the colors and on edge.
(d) He hates the colors and can't look at them.
12. How does Qfwfq personify the other galaxies he goes by?
(a) He says that they're pigheaded.
(b) He says that they're happy.
(c) He says that they're jealous.
(d) He says that they're sorrowful.
13. What problem does the change in density of the planet's matter cause for Qfwfq's mother?
(a) She can't stand still.
(b) She can't sit down.
(c) She can't sleep.
(d) She can't eat.
14. What does Qfwfq do when he starts to forget what his sign looks like?
(a) He begins a journey to find the sign and remind himself about it.
(b) He begins making theories about what the sign must look like.
(c) He begins designing new signs to supercede the old one.
(d) He begins trying to recreate his sign, drawing it everywhere.
15. Who is Mrs. Ph(i)nK_0's lover?
(b) Mr. Pber^t Pber^d.
(c) Mr. Z'zu.
(d) De XuaeauX.
Short Answer Questions
1. Does the sign move?
2. How does Qfwfq feel about Mrs. Ph(i)Nk_0's fate?
3. How old is Pfwfp, compared to Qfwfq?
4. How does Qfwfq get Ayl to come with him?
5. Who does Grandma Bb'b think stole her cushion?
This section contains 607 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)