|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the Richards' servant?
2. Who does Mr. Richards send for?
3. What does the narrator say is quieting down?
4. What does Mr. Richards call the language in Burgess's note?
5. Who does Mr. Richards ask to help him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the story's premise? Why are premises so important to a story?
Essay Topic 2
THE MAN THAT CORRUPTED HADLEYBURG is a novella. What are the differences between a novella and a novel in terms of the following:
Essay Topic 3
Pick two character from the novel and discuss their goals and motives. Do they achieve their motives? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
This section contains 165 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)