|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Richards ask his wife to do to him?
2. Who are the checks made out to?
3. What does Mr. Richards say he has walked into?
4. What does Mr. Richards call the language in Burgess's note?
5. What do the voices order Burgess to open?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the novel's chronological setting.
What were the main concerns during the 1900s? How does the author express these concerns?
How would the author change the novel if it was set in today's society?
Essay Topic 2
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the time period? How does the author use character and setting to express these themes?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the values of the 1900s.
In what ways are the characters a product of their time?
How does the book express the changes America was going through at the time?
What values does modern society share with 1900s America?
This section contains 822 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)