|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mr. Richards say he is going to resign from his position at the bank?
2. What does the stranger say he wanted to damage?
3. Who talks to the stranger in private?
4. With what does Mr. Wilson charge Mr. Burgess?
5. What does Mr. Richards say he does not want to die like?
Essay Topic 1
Examine the novel's dialogue. How does the author's dialogue contribute to the following areas:
Essay Topic 2
Mark Twain's novels and stories greatly influenced modern American literature. Choose a book that you think was influenced by The Man That Corrupted HAdleyburg and discuss its similarities with the novel in terms of the following:
Essay Topic 3
Compare the town of Hadleyburg before the the stranger arrived with the money to the town of Hadleyburg after Mr. and Mrs. Richards' pass away. How did the stranger affect the following areas of Hadleyburg life:
1) The public's trust of their superiors.
2) The town's identity.
3) The town's attitude to outsiders.
This section contains 836 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)