Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mr. Richards say he is going to resign from his position at the bank?
2. What does the stranger say he wanted to damage?
3. Who talks to the stranger in private?
4. With what does Mr. Wilson charge Mr. Burgess?
5. What does Mr. Richards say he does not want to die like?
Essay Topic 1
Look at the structure of the novel.
How does the author use character and dialogue to drive the narrative?
Discuss elements of the narrative structure; Exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. Do all the elements make for a logical and linear story? How does the story's structure express the novel's themes?
Essay Topic 2
Mark Twain writes the book in the third person. Why do you think the author chose to write the story in the third person? How do you think the meaning of the story would change if the author wrote it in the first person?
Essay Topic 3
Mark Twain's novels and stories greatly influenced modern American literature. Choose a book that you think was influenced by The Man That Corrupted HAdleyburg and discuss its similarities with the novel in terms of the following:
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)