|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mrs. Richards know the sack contains no notes?
2. What does the gold sack stand on?
3. Whose remark does Burgess open next?
4. Why does Mr. Richards say he wants people to stay in the room?
5. What does Mr. Burgess take out of his pocket?
Essay Topic 1
Examine the novel's chronological setting.
What were the main concerns during the 1900s? How does the author express these concerns?
How would the author change the novel if it was set in today's society?
Essay Topic 2
Mark Twain's novels and stories greatly influenced modern American literature. Choose a book that you think was influenced by The Man That Corrupted HAdleyburg and discuss its similarities with the novel in terms of the following:
Essay Topic 3
What is the story's premise? Why are premises so important to a story?
This section contains 847 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)