|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator say Burgess can hear?
2. How does Mr. Richards say he is going to resign from his position at the bank?
3. What does Mr. Richards want to tell the house that he does not have?
4. What does Mr. Richards say he does not want to die like?
5. What does Mr. Richards ask his wife to do to him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the story's premise? Why are premises so important to a story?
Essay Topic 2
Pick two character from the novel and discuss their goals and motives. Do they achieve their motives? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
Essay Topic 3
Compare Mr. Richards' character to the person he was at the beginning to the person he is at the end of the book.
1) What did Mr. Richards hope to achieve at the beginning of the book?
2) What events change Mr. Richards' ideas about life?
3) How has Mr. Richards' character changed by the end of the novel?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)