|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. At whom is Burgess' sermon aimed?
2. What does the narrator say the sermon bristles with?
3. What does Mr. Richards call the language in Burgess's note?
4. What tone of voice does the Tanner use to say that the money should be divided among the 18 incorruptibles?
5. What does Mr. Richards say he wishes he was?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Aside from the main character examine the way the author uses the other characters in the book. When does he introduce and take them away from the story? What effect does it have on the story?
Essay Topic 2
What is the story's premise? Why are premises so important to a story?
Essay Topic 3
Compare Mr. Richards' character to the person he was at the beginning to the person he is at the end of the book.
1) What did Mr. Richards hope to achieve at the beginning of the book?
2) What events change Mr. Richards' ideas about life?
3) How has Mr. Richards' character changed by the end of the novel?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)