Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mr. Richards say he is going to resign from his position at the bank?
2. What does the stranger say he wanted to damage?
3. Who talks to the stranger in private?
4. With what does Mr. Wilson charge Mr. Burgess?
5. What does Mr. Richards say he does not want to die like?
Essay Topic 1
Examine the author's writing style. How would you describe the author's prose style? What kind of vocabulary does he use? What meaning does the author's style give to the story?
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the following and discuss how it affects the tone of the novel and helps to express character and theme:
Point of view
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the following and examine it what expresses about the early 20th century society:
2) Class system.
3) Treatment of outsiders.
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)