|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the stranger say he received when he passed through Hadleyburg?
2. Who has signed the checks?
3. What word does the narrator say voices volley all over the house?
4. What are the yellow coins made of?
5. Where does Mr. Wison say he left his paper open?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the following and examine it what expresses about the early 20th century society:
2) Class system.
3) Treatment of outsiders.
Essay Topic 2
Compare the town of Hadleyburg before the the stranger arrived with the money to the town of Hadleyburg after Mr. and Mrs. Richards' pass away. How did the stranger affect the following areas of Hadleyburg life:
1) The public's trust of their superiors.
2) The town's identity.
3) The town's attitude to outsiders.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the values of the 1900s.
In what ways are the characters a product of their time?
How does the book express the changes America was going through at the time?
What values does modern society share with 1900s America?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)