Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mr. Richards say he is going to resign from his position at the bank?
2. What does the stranger say he wanted to damage?
3. Who talks to the stranger in private?
4. With what does Mr. Wilson charge Mr. Burgess?
5. What does Mr. Richards say he does not want to die like?
Essay Topic 1
Pick two character from the novel and discuss their goals and motives. Do they achieve their motives? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
Essay Topic 2
Why does Mark Twain uses a fictional town as his setting? How would he have to change the story if he used a real town? How does Twain use his setting to communicate character and theme?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the book's reception in three different countries including the country the book was written. How do their opinions about the books differ? Was the book more influential in one country than another? If so, why?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)