|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Richards receive a letter from after throwing the money in the fire?
2. At whom is Burgess' sermon aimed?
3. What does Mr. Richards ask his wife to do to him?
4. What word does the narrator say voices volley all over the house?
5. What is Mr. Billson's middle name?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the story's premise? Why are premises so important to a story?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the author's writing style. How would you describe the author's prose style? What kind of vocabulary does he use? What meaning does the author's style give to the story?
Essay Topic 3
Aside from the main character examine the way the author uses the other characters in the book. When does he introduce and take them away from the story? What effect does it have on the story?
This section contains 167 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)