|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the stranger say he wanted to damage?
2. What does the Chair say he cannot allow Mr. Richards to do?
3. Who do the Richardses see on the way home?
4. Who laugh so hard that tears run down their cheeks?
5. At whom is Burgess' sermon aimed?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Mark Twain's novels and stories greatly influenced modern American literature. Choose a book that you think was influenced by The Man That Corrupted HAdleyburg and discuss its similarities with the novel in terms of the following:
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the following and discuss how it affects the tone of the novel and helps to express character and theme:
Point of view
Essay Topic 3
Examine the book's reception in three different countries including the country the book was written. How do their opinions about the books differ? Was the book more influential in one country than another? If so, why?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)