|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the stranger say he received when he passed through Hadleyburg?
2. What are the yellow coins made of?
3. What does the narrator say is quieting down?
4. What does the stranger say he wanted to damage?
5. Who interrupts the hatter?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Mark Twain writes the book in the third person. Why do you think the author chose to write the story in the third person? How do you think the meaning of the story would change if the author wrote it in the first person?
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the following and discuss how it affects the tone of the novel and helps to express character and theme:
Point of view
Essay Topic 3
What is the story's premise? Why are premises so important to a story?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)