|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the stranger's note say made the remark?
2. Whose is the fifth remark that the Chair reads?
3. What does Mr. Richards say he has walked into?
4. Who are the checks made out to?
5. Who talks to the stranger in private?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the following and discuss how it affects the tone of the novel and helps to express character and theme:
Point of view
Essay Topic 2
Aside from the main character examine the way the author uses the other characters in the book. When does he introduce and take them away from the story? What effect does it have on the story?
Essay Topic 3
Why does Mark Twain uses a fictional town as his setting? How would he have to change the story if he used a real town? How does Twain use his setting to communicate character and theme?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)