|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Richardses think Sarah is?
2. Why does the doctor say the town is distressed?
3. What is the name of the Richards' servant?
4. Where does Mr. Richards tell his wife to put the checks?
5. What does the narrator say the stranger stands up like?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the novel's chronological setting.
What were the main concerns during the 1900s? How does the author express these concerns?
How would the author change the novel if it was set in today's society?
Essay Topic 2
Compare Mr. Richards' character to the person he was at the beginning to the person he is at the end of the book.
1) What did Mr. Richards hope to achieve at the beginning of the book?
2) What events change Mr. Richards' ideas about life?
3) How has Mr. Richards' character changed by the end of the novel?
Essay Topic 3
THE MAN THAT CORRUPTED HADLEYBURG is a novella. What are the differences between a novella and a novel in terms of the following:
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)