|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who laugh so hard that tears run down their cheeks?
2. How does the house react to Mr. Wilson's speech?
3. What word does the narrator say voices volley all over the house?
4. What does Burgess say one of either Mr. Wilson or Mr. Billson has committed?
5. What word is the difference between Wilson and Billson's note?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the time period? How does the author use character and setting to express these themes?
Essay Topic 2
THE MAN THAT CORRUPTED HADLEYBURG is a novella. What are the differences between a novella and a novel in terms of the following:
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the following and examine it what expresses about the early 20th century society:
2) Class system.
3) Treatment of outsiders.
This section contains 173 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)