|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mr. Wilson say he has stood up?
2. What tone of voice does the Tanner use to say that the money should be divided among the 18 incorruptibles?
3. Who does the Chair call forward to receive the money?
4. For whom was Mr. Richards going to plead?
5. What are the yellow coins made of?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Aside from the main character examine the way the author uses the other characters in the book. When does he introduce and take them away from the story? What effect does it have on the story?
Essay Topic 2
Look at the structure of the novel.
How does the author use character and dialogue to drive the narrative?
Discuss elements of the narrative structure; Exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. Do all the elements make for a logical and linear story? How does the story's structure express the novel's themes?
Essay Topic 3
Compare Mr. Richards' character to the person he was at the beginning to the person he is at the end of the book.
1) What did Mr. Richards hope to achieve at the beginning of the book?
2) What events change Mr. Richards' ideas about life?
3) How has Mr. Richards' character changed by the end of the novel?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)