Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Eliphalet's last name?
2. Where does Mr. Wison say he left his paper open?
3. Who do the Richardses imagine is listening to them in the next room?
4. At whom is Burgess' sermon aimed?
5. Who talks to the stranger in private?
Compare Mr. Richards' character to the person he was at the beginning to the person he is at the end of the book.
1) What did Mr. Richards hope to achieve at the beginning of the book?
2) What events change Mr. Richards' ideas about life?
3) How has Mr. Richards' character changed by the end of the novel?
What is the story's premise? Why are premises so important to a story?
Look at the structure of the novel.
How does the author use character and dialogue to drive the narrative?
Discuss elements of the narrative structure; Exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. Do all the elements make for a logical and linear story? How does the story's structure express the novel's themes?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)