|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the voices order Burgess to open?
2. What frightens Sarah about the Richardses?
3. Who does Mr. Richards send for?
4. What does Mr. Richards say he wishes he was?
5. Who does Mr. Richards ask to help him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Mark Twain writes the book in the third person. Why do you think the author chose to write the story in the third person? How do you think the meaning of the story would change if the author wrote it in the first person?
Essay Topic 2
Aside from the main character examine the way the author uses the other characters in the book. When does he introduce and take them away from the story? What effect does it have on the story?
Essay Topic 3
What is the story's premise? Why are premises so important to a story?
This section contains 174 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)