Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following do the reporters not make a picture of?
2. What does Mrs. Richards say she has been all her life?
3. Which of the following words best describes Pinkerton?
4. Where should the candidates appear at 8:00 in the evening on Friday?
5. Why can't the Wilcox's kittens be dead?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the Richardses think about during the night?
2. What same conclusion do Mr. Cox and Mr. Richards come to?
3. What does a man say is the difference between Wilson's and Billson's notes?
4. What kindness does Mr. Richards decide he must have performed for Goodson?
5. How does Wilson get everyone on his side?
6. Why do the Richardses become paranoid about church sermons?
7. In what way does the author present Halliday as the only honest character in the story?
8. How does Edward prove himself not as honest as what he would have his wife to believe?
9. What is Hadleyburg's reputation?
10. What does Burgess write in his note to Mr. Richards?
Pick two character from the novel and discuss their goals and motives. Do they achieve their motives? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
Choose one of the following and examine it what expresses about the early 20th century society:
2) Class system.
3) Treatment of outsiders.
Examine the novel's dialogue. How does the author's dialogue contribute to the following areas:
This section contains 729 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)