|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose is the fifth remark that the Chair reads?
(a) Mr. Halliday's.
(b) Mr. Smith's.
(c) Mr. Richards'.
(d) Mr. Sargent's.
2. Why does the doctor say the town is distressed?
(a) The Richardses were the town's last two honest people.
(b) The Richardses have threatened to kill themselves.
(c) The Richardses have burned their money.
(d) The Richardses have contracted a contagious disease.
3. What does the narrator say the stranger looks like?
(a) An amateur detective.
(b) A butcher.
(c) A thief.
(d) A dentist.
4. What is Mr. Thompson's occupation?
(a) A hatter.
(b) A locksmith.
(c) A butcher.
(d) A blacksmith.
5. What does Mr. Richards want to tell the house that he does not have?
(b) A life.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mr. Wilson's occupation?
2. What does Mr. Richards ask his wife to do to him?
3. Who interrupts the hatter?
4. Where does the stranger take the sack?
5. What frightens Sarah about the Richardses?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)