|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For whom was Mr. Richards going to plead?
(a) The stranger.
(b) The town.
(c) The other men.
2. What is Eliphalet's last name?
3. What does the narrator say Burgess can hear?
(a) His microbes.
(b) The rats.
(c) The mice.
(d) His toe nails.
4. What do the Richardses have to endure until midnight?
(d) Stone throwing.
5. At whom is Burgess' sermon aimed?
(a) People gossiping.
(b) People lying.
(c) People concealing sin.
(d) People living no life.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mr. Richards say he is going to resign from his position at the bank?
2. Whose is the fifth remark that the Chair reads?
3. What does the stranger say he received when he passed through Hadleyburg?
4. What does Mr. Wilson say he thought had taken his note to a different place on his desk?
5. What does Mr. Richards call the language in Burgess's note?
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)