|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Richards want to tell the house that he does not have?
(c) A life.
2. What did the Richardses do after the church service?
(a) Drink tea.
(b) Hurry home.
(c) Talk to Burgess.
(d) Go to the railway station.
3. What does the narrator say Burgess can hear?
(a) The mice.
(b) His microbes.
(c) His toe nails.
(d) The rats.
4. What does Mr. Richards say he does not want to die like?
(a) A rat.
(b) A cat.
(c) A dog.
(d) A mole.
5. For whom was Mr. Richards going to plead?
(a) The stranger.
(b) The other men.
(d) The town.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Mr. Richards tell his wife to put the checks?
2. What does the narrator say is quieting down?
3. Why does Mr. Richards not want to cash the checks?
4. Why does Mr. Wilson say he has stood up?
5. Why does Mr. Richards say he wants people to stay in the room?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)