|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Richards say he does not want to die like?
(a) A cat.
(b) A dog.
(c) A rat.
(d) A mole.
2. What does the stranger say he received when he passed through Hadleyburg?
(a) A punch on the nose.
(b) A bottle of wine.
(d) A deep offense.
3. What does Mrs. RIchards say is not tasting good?
(a) Her steak.
(b) The town's vanity.
(c) The town's praise.
(d) Her life.
4. With what does Mr. Wilson charge Mr. Burgess?
(c) Pilfering his note.
5. Who does Mr. Richards ask to help him?
(b) The stranger.
(d) His wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the Reverend say wrote the first remark?
2. Why does Mr. Wilson say he has stood up?
3. What frightens Sarah about the Richardses?
4. What is written on the second envelope Burgess pulls out of the sack?
5. At whom is Burgess' sermon aimed?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)