|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What will the stranger have to do to catch Hadleyburg napping again?
(a) Rise late.
(b) Bring enforcements.
(c) Bring weapons.
(d) Rise early.
2. What does the narrator say the sermon bristles with?
3. Who talks to the stranger in private?
(a) Reverend Burgess.
(b) Mr. Cox.
(c) Mr. Harkness.
(d) Mr. Richards.
4. Complete the following sentence; "When a man's afraid of a ................."?
(a) A noble woman.
(b) A small child.
(c) A pigeon.
(d) Beautiful maid.
5. What did the Richardses do after the church service?
(a) Go to the railway station.
(b) Talk to Burgess.
(c) Drink tea.
(d) Hurry home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator say the Richardses were about to learn?
2. What does Mr. Richards want to tell the house that he does not have?
3. What does Mr. Richards call the language in Burgess's note?
4. Why does Mr. Richards say he wants people to stay in the room?
5. What tone of voice does the Tanner use to say that the money should be divided among the 18 incorruptibles?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)