|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Chair say he cannot allow Mr. Richards to do?
(a) Give a speech.
(b) Leave the townhall.
(c) Plead for the men.
(d) Take the money.
2. Who does the Reverend say wrote the first remark?
(a) Mr. Pinkerton.
(b) Mr. Harkness.
(c) Mr. Richards.
(d) Mr. Billson.
3. What does the narrator say the sermon bristles with?
4. Who does Mr. Richards ask to help him?
(a) The stranger.
(b) His wife.
5. What does the stranger say he received when he passed through Hadleyburg?
(b) A punch on the nose.
(c) A deep offense.
(d) A bottle of wine.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the Chair call forward to receive the money?
2. Who does Mr. Richards send for?
3. Complete the following sentence; "When a man's afraid of a ................."?
4. Where does the stranger put one of the checks for $1,500?
5. What word is the difference between Wilson and Billson's note?
This section contains 179 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)