|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jack Halliday say Mrs. Wilcox's cat has had?
(b) A seizure.
(c) A conversion.
2. Which of the following areas of America does the narrator not mention?
(b) New York.
3. Who does Mr. Richards think that Goodson despised?
4. How does Mr. Richards say he feels about helping the Reverend?
5. What does Mrs. Richards say she could do for joy?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Mr. Richards meet Mr. Cox?
2. Which of the following do the reporters not make a picture of?
3. What does Mr. Richards want to do with the money?
4. Which character does the narrator say always notices everything?
5. What did the residents of Hadleyburg keep out of the way of young people?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Mrs. Richards angry at her husband?
2. Why are the Hadleyburg residents acting so moody?
3. Why are similar scenes as the scenes at the Richardses being performed in 18 other houses?
4. How can the town identify the man?
5. What do the other towns think of Hadleyburg?
6. Why did the stranger have to wait before implementing his plan?
7. Why do the Richardses summon Burgess to their house?
8. What does the stranger say should happen if no one claims the money?
9. How does Edward prove himself not as honest as what he would have his wife to believe?
10. How does Hadleyburg make sure all its residents are honest?
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)