|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Richards say she could do for joy?
2. What does the narrator say Mr. Richards plunges his hands through his hair like?
(a) A farmer.
(b) A somnambulist.
(c) A butcher.
(d) A hypnotist.
3. How does Mr. Richards say he feels about helping the Reverend?
4. Why does Mrs. Richards think she and her husband deserve the money?
(a) They have workerd hard all their lives.
(b) They will do good things with the money.
(c) They are old and poor.
(d) They alway help other people.
5. What is the whole village now doing in the evenings?
(a) Writing articles.
(d) Staying at home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Richards say she has been all her life?
2. Who falls down in this chapter?
3. What did Nancy Hewitt have a spoonful of in her veins?
4. Why can Mr. Richards not tell his wife how he helped Goodson?
5. Why does Mrs. Richards say she wants to be left alone?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Wilson get everyone on his side?
2. Why does Mr. Richards think he and his wife are not to blame for what happened?
3. How does the author describe the town hall on the day of the inquiry?
4. What does the stranger do the next morning?
5. What does the stranger say should happen if no one claims the money?
6. How does Mrs. Richards react when she realizes what is in the sack?
7. What does the stranger say should happen if his plan is successful?
8. What does Mrs. Richards learn about the stranger?
9. Why do the Richardses become paranoid about church sermons?
10. How does a minor citizen make everyone in the town hall erupt with laughter?
This section contains 771 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)