|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character does the narrator say always notices everything?
(a) Barclay Gordon.
(b) Jack Halliday.
(c) Reverend Burgess.
(d) Jack Smitts.
2. What is the whole village now doing in the evenings?
(a) Writing articles.
(d) Staying at home.
3. What does Mr. Cox's boss say Mr. Cox should not ship until he tells him?
(a) The late mail.
(b) The early mail.
(c) The lunchtime news.
(d) The evening news.
4. Why does Mrs. Richards think she and her husband deserve the money?
(a) They have workerd hard all their lives.
(b) They are old and poor.
(c) They alway help other people.
(d) They will do good things with the money.
5. How does the narrator describe the sides of the sack?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Halliday realize are not dead?
2. How does Mr. Richards say he feels about helping the Reverend?
3. Whose opinion does Mrs. Richards say she is now worried about?
4. Where does everyone run to?
5. What kind of expression do the town folks' faces have at the end of the week?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mr. Richards confess to Burgess?
2. Why do the Richardses become paranoid about church sermons?
3. How does Wilson get everyone on his side?
4. What does the stranger write in his note to the Richardses?
5. Why does Harkness want to buy the sack from the stranger?
6. How does the stranger say he can make the coins worth their face value in gold?
7. What does Mrs. Richards say she now thinks about honesty?
8. How does Burgess try to settle the dispute between Wilson and Burgess?
9. Why does Mr. Richards not want to accept checks?
10. What does the stranger say should happen if his plan is successful?
This section contains 692 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)