|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Jack Halliday's job?
2. Who does Halliday realize has broken a leg?
(a) Mr. Richard's
(b) Mr. Harkness.
3. What should the candidate hand to Rev. Burgess?
(a) A reference letter.
(b) A sealed envelope.
(c) A prayer book.
(d) A vial of blood.
4. Who did the town end up charging?
5. Why did Mr. Richards decide against saving the Reverend Burgess?
(a) He did not have the pluck.
(b) He was too lazy.
(c) He did not want to be unpopular.
(d) Burgess deserved what he got.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the narrator describe the sides of the sack?
2. Who is the letter from?
3. Why couldn't Mr. Richards have been able to save Goodson from drowning?
4. What do the Wilsons arrange?
5. What did the stranger's plan light his head up with?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mrs. Richards say she now thinks about honesty?
2. What do the Richardses think about during the night?
3. What does the stranger's second note say?
4. What same conclusion do Mr. Cox and Mr. Richards come to?
5. Why does the stranger want to do harm to Hadleyburg?
6. What does Wilson accuse Billson of?
7. How does the town decide to change after the Richardses pass away?
8. What does the stranger do the next morning?
9. Why is Mrs. Richards angry at her husband?
10. How does Mr. Richards think Burgess is trying to harm him?
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)