|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following words best describes Pinkerton?
2. What did Nancy Hewitt have a spoonful of in her veins?
(a) Mexican blood.
(b) Hispanic blood.
(c) Negro blood.
(d) Indian blood.
3. What does Mr. Richards say the town has trained them to think?
4. Which of the following does Mrs. Richards use to describe the mentality of the town?
5. How does the author describe Hadleyburg?
(a) Hip and happening.
(b) Fun and immoral.
(c) Honest and upright.
(d) Spirited and funky.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Reverend Burgess like Mr. Richards?
2. Who does Mr. Halliday talk to about Mrs. Wilcox's happiness?
3. Why does Mr. Richards say there is nothing to worry about regarding Reverend Burgess?
4. What does the narrator say Hadleyburg is known to most Americans as?
5. How does Mr. Richards imagine Goodson tried to kill himself?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Edward prove himself not as honest as what he would have his wife to believe?
2. How does Hadleyburg make sure all its residents are honest?
3. What does the stranger say should happen if no one claims the money?
4. What happens in the morning?
5. How does a stranger try to get the 18 principals to bid for the sack?
6. How does the author describe the town hall on the day of the inquiry?
7. Why are the Hadleyburg residents acting so moody?
8. How does Mrs. Richards react when she realizes what is in the sack?
9. Why did the stranger have to wait before implementing his plan?
10. Why does Mr. Richards say he did not speak up in defense of Burgess?
This section contains 754 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)