|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mr. Richards say he feels about helping the Reverend?
2. What does Mr. Richards say the town has trained them to think?
3. What does Mrs. Richards say it is no time for?
4. What does Mrs. Richards say her husband has never uttered?
(a) A curse word.
(b) A truth.
(c) A blasphemy.
(d) A lie.
5. What does Mrs. Richards say she has been all her life?
(a) A blowbug.
(b) A firebug.
(c) A lightning bug.
(d) A humbug.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following words best describes Jack Halliday?
2. Why does Reverend Burgess like Mr. Richards?
3. Why does Mrs. Richards say she wants to be left alone?
4. Which of the following activities did Mr. and Mrs. Richards used to do in the evening?
5. Who is the letter from?
Short Essay Questions
1. How can the town identify the man?
2. What does Mrs. Richards learn about the stranger?
3. What do the Richardses decide is the best way to identify the rightful owner of the money?
4. What does the stranger write in his letter to Mr. Richards?
5. What does the stranger do the next morning?
6. What same conclusion do Mr. Cox and Mr. Richards come to?
7. What does Mrs. Richards say she now thinks about honesty?
8. How does Mrs. Richards react when she realizes what is in the sack?
9. Why does Mr. Richards not want to accept checks?
10. How does Edward prove himself not as honest as what he would have his wife to believe?
This section contains 799 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)