Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following do the reporters not make a picture of?
(a) Mr. Richard's house.
(b) Mr. Cox's house.
(c) The bank.
(d) The sack.
2. What does Mrs. Richards say she has been all her life?
(a) A blowbug.
(b) A lightning bug.
(c) A humbug.
(d) A firebug.
3. Which of the following words best describes Pinkerton?
4. Where should the candidates appear at 8:00 in the evening on Friday?
(a) The assembly hall.
(b) The town hall.
(c) The theater.
(d) The bell tower.
5. Why can't the Wilcox's kittens be dead?
(a) They are still alive.
(b) The Wilcoxes would hold a funeral.
(c) The whole town would of heard about it.
(d) They were not born.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Richards want to do with the money?
2. How does the author describe Hadleyburg?
3. What does the stranger say he used to be?
4. What is Jack Halliday's job?
5. What do the Wilsons arrange?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the Richardses think about during the night?
2. What same conclusion do Mr. Cox and Mr. Richards come to?
3. What does a man say is the difference between Wilson's and Billson's notes?
4. What kindness does Mr. Richards decide he must have performed for Goodson?
5. How does Wilson get everyone on his side?
6. Why do the Richardses become paranoid about church sermons?
7. In what way does the author present Halliday as the only honest character in the story?
8. How does Edward prove himself not as honest as what he would have his wife to believe?
9. What is Hadleyburg's reputation?
10. What does Burgess write in his note to Mr. Richards?
This section contains 728 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)