|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Richards think she and her husband deserve the money?
(a) They will do good things with the money.
(b) They are old and poor.
(c) They have workerd hard all their lives.
(d) They alway help other people.
2. What happened to Nancy Hewitt?
(a) She joined the marines.
(b) She fell in love with someone else.
(c) She died.
(d) She ran away.
3. Which two characters sit in their parlor?
(a) Mr. and Mrs. Harkness.
(b) Mr. and Mrs. Richards.
(c) Halliday and the foreman.
(d) Mr. and Mrs. Cox.
4. Who does Mr. Richards think that Goodson despised?
5. What does Jack Halliday say Mrs. Wilcox's cat has had?
(a) A seizure.
(b) A conversion.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the only other town that the narrator mentions?
2. What did the stranger decide he wanted to do to the town?
3. Which of the following do the reporters make a picture of?
4. Who did the town end up charging?
5. What does the narrator say Hadlyburg is vain beyond?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mrs. Richards learn about the stranger?
2. What does the stranger write in his note to the Richardses?
3. Why does Mr. Richards say he did not speak up in defense of Burgess?
4. How does the town react when Burgess declares that Billson is the rightful heir to the money?
5. Why are the Hadleyburg residents acting so moody?
6. What news spreads around the town about Mr. and Mrs. Richards?
7. How does Mr. Richards think Burgess is trying to harm him?
8. What does Halliday notice about the town's citizens after they have received the letters?
9. What do the Richardses think about during the night?
10. What does a man say is the difference between Wilson's and Billson's notes?
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)