|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who falls down in this chapter?
(a) Mr. Richard.
(b) Mrs. Richards.
(c) Mrs. Harkness.
(d) Mr. Harkness.
2. What does the narrator say Hadleyburg is known to most Americans as?
(a) Hadleyberg the Discernable.
(b) Hadleyburg the Disruptible.
(c) Hadleyburg the Lovable.
(d) Hadleyburg the Incorruptible.
3. Whose opinion does Mrs. Richards say she is now worried about?
(a) Barclay Gordon.
(b) James Anderson.
(c) Reverend Burgess.
(d) Graeme Swann.
4. How does Mr. Richards imagine Goodson tried to kill himself?
(a) By hanging himself.
(b) By shooting himself.
(c) By slitting his wrists.
(d) By drowning.
5. What does Halliday pretend is a camera?
(a) A cigarette box.
(b) A cigar box.
(c) A fishing rod.
(d) A helmut.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Mr. Richards meet Mr. Cox?
2. What do Mr. Cox and Mr. Richards drag themselves home like?
3. Which of the following do the reporters not make a picture of?
4. What is Jack Halliday's job?
5. How did Mr. Richards help the Reverend?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do the Richardses summon Burgess to their house?
2. What do the other towns think of Hadleyburg?
3. Why do the Richardses become paranoid about church sermons?
4. Why can the boy not stop the mail?
5. What does the stranger tell Mrs. Richards?
6. What happens in the morning?
7. Why does Harkness want to buy the sack from the stranger?
8. What does a man say is the difference between Wilson's and Billson's notes?
9. Why does Mr. Richards say he did not speak up in defense of Burgess?
10. Why does Mr. Richards not want to accept checks?
This section contains 681 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)