|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following areas of America does the narrator not mention?
(d) New York.
2. What does the narrator say the townfolk found the night after?
(a) Their dishonesty.
(b) Their hearts.
(c) Their love of life.
(d) Their tongues.
3. Where does Mr. Richards meet Mr. Cox?
(a) The newspaper office.
(b) The printing office.
(c) The church.
(d) The town hall.
4. What do the Wilsons arrange?
(a) A dinner party.
(b) A sermon.
(c) A fancy dress ball.
(d) A pillow fight.
5. What kind of honesty does Mrs. Richards say the town has trained them to think?
(a) Idealistic honesty.
(b) Artificial honesty.
(c) Hateful honesty.
(d) God's honesty.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Goodson come close to marrying?
2. Where does everyone run to?
3. How did Mr. Richards help the Reverend?
4. What is the name of the stranger who wrote the letter?
5. Who does Mr. Richards think that Goodson despised?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mrs. Richards learn about the stranger?
2. What do the Richardses think about during the night?
3. Why can the boy not stop the mail?
4. What happens in the morning?
5. How does the town decide to change after the Richardses pass away?
6. What does the stranger say should happen if no one claims the money?
7. What does Halliday notice about the town's citizens after they have received the letters?
8. How does the town react when Burgess declares that Billson is the rightful heir to the money?
9. What same conclusion do Mr. Cox and Mr. Richards come to?
10. How does the author describe the town hall on the day of the inquiry?
This section contains 764 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)