|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the author describe Hadleyburg?
(a) Fun and immoral.
(b) Honest and upright.
(c) Spirited and funky.
(d) Hip and happening.
2. Who does Mr. Richards think that Goodson despised?
3. Who did the town end up charging?
4. Why does Mrs. Richards say she wants to be left alone?
(a) She is too ill.
(b) She is too miserable.
(c) She is too fat.
(d) She is too happy.
5. What happened to Nancy Hewitt?
(a) She fell in love with someone else.
(b) She joined the marines.
(c) She died.
(d) She ran away.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mrs. Richards say her husband is free of?
2. Why does Mr. Richards not want to make the matter private?
3. What does Mr. Richards want to do with the money?
4. What did Nancy Hewitt have a spoonful of in her veins?
5. Where does the stranger set down his sack in the cashier's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Hadleyburg's reputation?
2. How does a stranger try to get the 18 principals to bid for the sack?
3. What does Wilson accuse Billson of?
4. Why are the Hadleyburg residents acting so moody?
5. How do the townspeople react when Mr. Richards stands up to address them?
6. Why does the stranger want to do harm to Hadleyburg?
7. What does Mrs. Richards learn about the stranger?
8. What do the other towns think of Hadleyburg?
9. How does Mr. Richards react to the sack?
10. What does Mrs. Richards say she now thinks about honesty?
This section contains 699 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)