|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which two characters sit in their parlor?
(a) Mr. and Mrs. Harkness.
(b) Halliday and the foreman.
(c) Mr. and Mrs. Richards.
(d) Mr. and Mrs. Cox.
2. What do the Wilsons arrange?
(a) A sermon.
(b) A dinner party.
(c) A pillow fight.
(d) A fancy dress ball.
3. Where does Mr. Richards meet Mr. Cox?
(a) The town hall.
(b) The newspaper office.
(c) The church.
(d) The printing office.
4. Which of the following does Mrs. Richards use to describe the mentality of the town?
5. Why does Reverend Burgess like Mr. Richards?
(a) He made a big donation to the church.
(b) He is a regular at church.
(c) He fixed the Reverend's bicycle.
(d) He helped him out.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following activities did Mr. and Mrs. Richards used to do in the evening?
2. Who is the letter from?
3. Why does Mr. Richards say he published the letter?
4. Where does everyone run to?
5. Who do the townspeople think helped the Reverend?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does a stranger try to get the 18 principals to bid for the sack?
2. What rumor does Burgess have to deny?
3. How does Burgess try to settle the dispute between Wilson and Burgess?
4. How does the author describe the town hall on the day of the inquiry?
5. What does the stranger write in his letter to Mr. Richards?
6. What happens in the morning?
7. What kindness does Mr. Richards decide he must have performed for Goodson?
8. Why does a builder come to the town?
9. Why does Mr. Richards say Burgess is friendly to them?
10. Why do the Richardses become paranoid about church sermons?
This section contains 787 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)