|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator say Hadlyburg is vain beyond?
2. What does Mr. Richards say the town has trained them to think?
3. What does the narrator say Mr. Richards plunges his hands through his hair like?
(a) A butcher.
(b) A farmer.
(c) A hypnotist.
(d) A somnambulist.
4. What is the name of the stranger who wrote the letter?
(a) Mr. Stephenson.
(b) Mr. Barrington.
(c) Mr. Jakes.
(d) Mr. Laurel.
5. Why does Mr. Richards say there is nothing to worry about regarding Reverend Burgess?
(a) He does not know he could have saved him.
(b) He is a timid man.
(c) He does not care enough about life.
(d) He has already forgiven them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of fit does Mrs. Richards fall into as she feels the sack?
2. What does Mr. Richards say it is dreadful to be?
3. How does Mr. Richards say he feels about helping the Reverend?
4. Why did Mr. Richards not tell his wife about the Reverend?
5. What is the name of the only other town that the narrator mentions?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the town decide to change after the Richardses pass away?
2. What does a man say is the difference between Wilson's and Billson's notes?
3. Why is Mrs. Richards angry at her husband?
4. What is Hadleyburg's reputation?
5. Why does Mr. Richards say Burgess is friendly to them?
6. Why can the boy not stop the mail?
7. What news spreads around the town about Mr. and Mrs. Richards?
8. What do the Richardses decide is the best way to identify the rightful owner of the money?
9. Why does Harkness want to buy the sack from the stranger?
10. Why does Mr. Richards not want to accept checks?
This section contains 684 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)