|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the stranger's plan light his head up with?
(a) The luminosity of life.
(c) Evil joy.
2. Who does Mrs. Richard call Mr. Richards' friend?
(a) Barclay Gordon.
(b) Mr. Harkness.
(c) The stranger.
(d) Reverend Burgess.
3. Why does Mr. Richards not want to make the matter private?
(a) The town shares everything.
(b) It would spoil the romance.
(c) It would be no fun.
(d) It would be dishonest.
4. Who do Mr. and Mrs. Richards think gave the stranger $20?
(a) Jack Smits.
(b) Yosser Hughes.
(c) Barclay Gordon.
(d) Hannah Goodwin.
5. Who did Goodson come close to marrying?
(a) Denise Harkness.
(b) Lottie Regal.
(c) Rose Darwin.
(d) Nancy Hewitt.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following do the reporters not make a picture of?
2. What does Mr. Cox's boss say Mr. Cox should not ship until he tells him?
3. What did Nancy Hewitt have a spoonful of in her veins?
4. Why can Mr. Richards not tell his wife how he helped Goodson?
5. What does Mr. Richards say the town has trained them to think?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are the Hadleyburg residents acting so moody?
2. What does the stranger say should happen if no one claims the money?
3. How does Mr. Richards react to the sack?
4. Why does Mr. Richards say Burgess is friendly to them?
5. Why do the Richardses summon Burgess to their house?
6. What does Halliday notice about the town's citizens after they have received the letters?
7. What does the stranger do the next morning?
8. What does Burgess write in his note to Mr. Richards?
9. What does the stranger write in his note to the Richardses?
10. How does Mrs. Richards react when she realizes what is in the sack?
This section contains 644 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)