|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mr. Richards say he feels about helping the Reverend?
2. Who do the townspeople think helped the Reverend?
(a) The stranger.
3. Which of the following do the reporters make a picture of?
(a) The public square.
(b) The public monument.
(c) The war memorial.
(d) The stranger.
4. What does Mr. Richards say it is dreadful to be?
5. What does Halliday pretend is a camera?
(a) A helmut.
(b) A cigarette box.
(c) A cigar box.
(d) A fishing rod.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the stranger decide he wanted to do to the town?
2. Complete the following sentence; "A proof once established is _________________."
3. What did Nancy Hewitt have a spoonful of in her veins?
4. What does the narrator say Hadleyburg is known to most Americans as?
5. Why does Mrs. Richards say she wants to be left alone?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Harkness want to buy the sack from the stranger?
2. Why do the Richardses become paranoid about church sermons?
3. What do the other towns think of Hadleyburg?
4. How does Hadleyburg make sure all its residents are honest?
5. What is Hadleyburg's reputation?
6. What does the stranger's second note say?
7. How does Wilson get everyone on his side?
8. What does Mrs. Richards say she now thinks about honesty?
9. How do the townspeople react when Mr. Richards stands up to address them?
10. What do the Richardses decide is the best way to identify the rightful owner of the money?
This section contains 718 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)