|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator say Burgess can hear?
(a) The mice.
(b) His microbes.
(c) The rats.
(d) His toe nails.
2. What does Mr. Stephenson write that the Richards' honesty is beyond the reach of?
3. What does the Chair order Mr. Billson and Mr. Wilson to do?
(a) Be quiet.
(b) Leave the building.
(c) Take their seats.
(d) Apoogize to each other.
4. What is Eliphalet's last name?
5. Whose is the fifth remark that the Chair reads?
(a) Mr. Smith's.
(b) Mr. Richards'.
(c) Mr. Sargent's.
(d) Mr. Halliday's.
6. What does Mr. Richards call the language in Burgess's note?
(a) High brow.
(d) Low brow.
7. What does the Chair ask someone to close?
(a) The windows.
(b) The doors.
(c) The tea urn.
(d) The sack.
8. How does Mr. Richards say he is going to resign from his position at the bank?
(a) With a song.
(b) With a telegram.
(c) With a servant.
(d) With a note.
9. Who does Mr. Richards send for?
10. What is Mr. Billson's middle name?
11. What does Mr. Burgess take out of his pocket?
(a) An envelope.
(b) A bible.
(c) A wand.
(d) A pen.
12. Why does Mr. Richards say he wants people to stay in the room?
(a) He wants witnesses.
(b) He wants to give a speech.
(c) He wants to feel love.
(d) He wants to feel energy.
13. How does Mrs. Richards know the sack contains no notes?
(a) It is not bouncy enough.
(b) It is not big enough.
(c) It is not soft enough.
(d) It is not small enough.
14. What is the name of the Richards' servant?
15. What is Mr. Thompson's occupation?
(a) A butcher.
(b) A hatter.
(c) A blacksmith.
(d) A locksmith.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Stephenson say the town is not worthy to kiss?
2. With what does Sarah think the Richards' minds has been affected?
3. Where does Mr. Richards tell his wife to put the checks?
4. Where does Mr. Wison say he left his paper open?
5. What tone of voice does the Tanner use to say that the money should be divided among the 18 incorruptibles?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)