|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the doctor say the town is distressed?
(a) The Richardses were the town's last two honest people.
(b) The Richardses have burned their money.
(c) The Richardses have contracted a contagious disease.
(d) The Richardses have threatened to kill themselves.
2. Whose remark does Burgess open next?
(b) Mr. Harkness's.
(c) Mr. Richard's.
(d) Mr. Halliday's.
3. Whose is the fifth remark that the Chair reads?
(a) Mr. Halliday's.
(b) Mr. Richards'.
(c) Mr. Sargent's.
(d) Mr. Smith's.
4. What do the Richardses think Sarah is?
(a) A lackey.
(b) A whore.
(c) A thief.
(d) A spy.
5. What do the voices order Burgess to open?
(a) The wardrobe.
(b) The church doors.
(c) The sack.
(d) The food parlor.
6. What is Mr. Wilson's occupation?
(a) A doctor.
(b) A dentist.
(c) A lawyer.
(d) A reporter.
7. Who do the Richardses say the checks came from?
(b) The stranger.
8. What are the yellow coins made of?
9. Who does Wingate suggest they give the money to?
(a) Mr. Burgess.
(b) Mr. Richards.
(c) Mr. Harkness.
(d) Mr. Halliday.
10. Whose is the fourth remark that the Chair reads?
(a) Mr. Pinkerton's.
(b) Mr. Yates'.
(c) Mr. Cox's.
(d) Mr. Richards'.
11. Where does Mr. Richards tell his wife to put the checks?
(a) In the bank.
(b) In the lake.
(c) In the fire.
(d) In the cellar.
12. What does the Chair say he cannot allow Mr. Richards to do?
(a) Plead for the men.
(b) Give a speech.
(c) Take the money.
(d) Leave the townhall.
13. What does Mr. Wilson say he thought had taken his note to a different place on his desk?
(a) A bird.
(b) A mouse.
(c) A fan.
(d) A draft.
14. For whom was Mr. Richards going to plead?
(a) The stranger.
(b) The other men.
(d) The town.
15. What word is the difference between Wilson and Billson's note?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator say the sermon bristles with?
2. What does Mr. Richards call the language in Burgess's note?
3. What are the gallery fronts clothed in?
4. What is the name of the Richards' servant?
5. What do the Richardses have to endure until midnight?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)