|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are the checks made out to?
2. What are the yellow coins made of?
3. What does Mr. Stephenson say the town is not worthy to kiss?
(a) Mr. Richards' hat.
(b) Mrs. Richards' shoes.
(c) Mr. Richards' garment.
(d) Mrs. Richards' shawl.
4. With what does Mr. Wilson charge Mr. Burgess?
(a) Pilfering his note.
5. Why does the doctor say the town is distressed?
(a) The Richardses have burned their money.
(b) The Richardses have contracted a contagious disease.
(c) The Richardses have threatened to kill themselves.
(d) The Richardses were the town's last two honest people.
6. What does the narrator say the stranger stands up like?
(a) An Italian Count.
(b) A Cuban Communist.
(c) An American President.
(d) An English Earl.
7. What is Eliphalet's last name?
8. What word does the narrator say voices volley all over the house?
9. What is the name of the Richards' servant?
10. What does Mr. Richards say he heard a swish of in the next room?
(a) A whip.
(b) A gown.
(c) A cloak.
(d) A shawl.
11. What does Mr. Richards want to tell the house that he does not have?
(b) A life.
12. What do the Richardses have to endure until midnight?
(a) Stone throwing.
13. Who does the Reverend say wrote the first remark?
(a) Mr. Billson.
(b) Mr. Harkness.
(c) Mr. Pinkerton.
(d) Mr. Richards.
14. Where does the stranger put one of the checks for $1,500?
(a) In his pocket book.
(b) In his back pocket.
(c) In his suitcase.
(d) In his bank.
15. Where does Mr. Richards tell his wife to put the checks?
(a) In the cellar.
(b) In the bank.
(c) In the lake.
(d) In the fire.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has signed the checks?
2. Who do the Richardses say the checks came from?
3. What did the Richardses do after the church service?
4. What does the Chair say he cannot allow Mr. Richards to do?
5. What does Mr. Richards ask his wife to do to him?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)