|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who interrupts the hatter?
(a) The blacksmith.
(b) The tanner.
(c) The butcher.
(d) The baker.
2. What do the Richardses think Sarah is?
(a) A lackey.
(b) A whore.
(c) A thief.
(d) A spy.
3. Why does Mr. Richards say he wants people to stay in the room?
(a) He wants to feel energy.
(b) He wants to give a speech.
(c) He wants to feel love.
(d) He wants witnesses.
4. What is Wingate's occupation?
(a) A hatter.
(b) A tailor.
(c) A saddler.
(d) A blacksmith.
5. What do the Richardses take as a sign of Sarah's guilt?
(a) Her laugh.
(b) Her nerves.
(c) Her defensiveness.
(d) Her anger.
6. What does Mr. Richards ask his wife to do to him?
(a) Kick him.
(b) Slap him.
(c) Kiss him.
(d) Fan him.
7. What will the stranger have to do to catch Hadleyburg napping again?
(a) Rise late.
(b) Bring weapons.
(c) Bring enforcements.
(d) Rise early.
8. What tone of voice does the Tanner use to say that the money should be divided among the 18 incorruptibles?
(a) Fun filled.
(d) Hate filled.
9. Which of the following words best describe the Richards' state of mind?
10. What is the name of the Richards' servant?
11. Who does Richards receive a letter from after throwing the money in the fire?
12. For whom was Mr. Richards going to plead?
(a) The town.
(b) The stranger.
(d) The other men.
13. Why does Mr. Wilson say he has stood up?
(a) He wants to leave.
(b) He wrote the remark.
(c) He wants to see better.
(d) He wants to make a speech.
14. What does Mr. Richards say he has walked into?
(a) A love triangle.
(b) The circles of hell.
(c) A trap.
(d) A circus.
15. What does the narrator say the sermon bristles with?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Chair say he cannot allow Mr. Richards to do?
2. Where does Mr. Richards tell his wife to put the checks?
3. What is written on the second envelope Burgess pulls out of the sack?
4. Why does Mr. Richards not want to cash the checks?
5. What word does the narrator say voices volley all over the house?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)