|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What will the stranger have to do to catch Hadleyburg napping again?
(a) Bring enforcements.
(b) Rise late.
(c) Rise early.
(d) Bring weapons.
2. At whom is Burgess' sermon aimed?
(a) People concealing sin.
(b) People living no life.
(c) People gossiping.
(d) People lying.
3. What is Mr. Thompson's occupation?
(a) A butcher.
(b) A locksmith.
(c) A hatter.
(d) A blacksmith.
4. What does the Chair say he cannot allow Mr. Richards to do?
(a) Leave the townhall.
(b) Take the money.
(c) Plead for the men.
(d) Give a speech.
5. What does the Chair order Mr. Billson and Mr. Wilson to do?
(a) Take their seats.
(b) Be quiet.
(c) Apoogize to each other.
(d) Leave the building.
6. What word is the difference between Wilson and Billson's note?
7. Which of the following couples stands to speak?
(a) Mr. and Mrs. Laurel.
(b) Mr. and Mrs. Fields.
(c) Mr. and Mrs. Richards.
(d) Mr. and Mrs. Cox.
8. What does Mr. Richards state all things are?
(b) Written in stone.
9. What does the narrator say the Richardses were about to learn?
(a) You cannot hide from the truth.
(b) Money is everything,
(c) A sin is never forgotten.
(d) A sin takes on new terrors.
10. What does the gold sack stand on?
(a) A throne.
(b) A sewing table.
(c) A stool.
(d) A little table.
11. What is the name of the Richards' servant?
12. Who do the Richardses see on the way home?
(a) Mr. Halliday.
(b) The stranger.
(c) Mr. Cox.
(d) Reverend Burgess.
13. What does the narrator say the stranger looks like?
(a) An amateur detective.
(b) A butcher.
(c) A dentist.
(d) A thief.
14. Who are the checks made out to?
15. What do the Richardses take as a sign of Sarah's guilt?
(a) Her nerves.
(b) Her laugh.
(c) Her defensiveness.
(d) Her anger.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom do the voices say the Chair should be kind?
2. Who does the Reverend say wrote the first remark?
3. Who has signed the checks?
4. Who interrupts the hatter?
5. Who do the Richardses say the checks came from?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)