|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mr. Richards say he wants people to stay in the room?
(a) He wants to feel love.
(b) He wants to give a speech.
(c) He wants to feel energy.
(d) He wants witnesses.
2. What does the narrator say is quieting down?
(a) The town's anger.
(b) Halliday's singing.
(c) The countrywide publicity.
(d) The Richards' consciences.
3. Who does Mr. Richards ask to help him?
(a) His wife.
(b) The stranger.
4. What does the Chair ask someone to close?
(a) The windows.
(b) The doors.
(c) The tea urn.
(d) The sack.
5. What do the voices order Burgess to open?
(a) The wardrobe.
(b) The food parlor.
(c) The sack.
(d) The church doors.
6. What word does the narrator say voices volley all over the house?
7. Whose is the fourth remark that the Chair reads?
(a) Mr. Yates'.
(b) Mr. Pinkerton's.
(c) Mr. Richards'.
(d) Mr. Cox's.
8. How does Mrs. Richards know the sack contains no notes?
(a) It is not big enough.
(b) It is not small enough.
(c) It is not soft enough.
(d) It is not bouncy enough.
9. What does the gold sack stand on?
(a) A stool.
(b) A sewing table.
(c) A little table.
(d) A throne.
10. Who has signed the checks?
(a) Mr. Edwards.
(b) Mr. Cox.
(c) Mr. Harkness.
(d) Mr. Pinkerton.
11. Where does Mr. Richards tell his wife to put the checks?
(a) In the bank.
(b) In the cellar.
(c) In the lake.
(d) In the fire.
12. How does the house react to Mr. Wilson's speech?
(a) They boo.
(b) They applaud.
(c) They cheer.
(d) They sing.
13. Which of the following words best describe the Richards' state of mind?
14. What do the Richardses think Sarah is?
(a) A lackey.
(b) A spy.
(c) A thief.
(d) A whore.
15. Why does the doctor say the town is distressed?
(a) The Richardses were the town's last two honest people.
(b) The Richardses have contracted a contagious disease.
(c) The Richardses have burned their money.
(d) The Richardses have threatened to kill themselves.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the Richards' servant?
2. Who do the Richardses see on the way home?
3. Who does Mr. Richards send for?
4. What do the Richardses have to endure until midnight?
5. Who arrives to pick up the sack at 9:00 am?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)