|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mr. Richards say he wants people to stay in the room?
(a) He wants to feel energy.
(b) He wants to give a speech.
(c) He wants witnesses.
(d) He wants to feel love.
2. How does Mrs. Richards know the sack contains no notes?
(a) It is not bouncy enough.
(b) It is not soft enough.
(c) It is not small enough.
(d) It is not big enough.
3. Where does Mr. Wison say he left his paper open?
(a) On his kitchen table.
(b) On his bed.
(c) On his desk.
(d) On his radio.
4. Why does Mr. Wilson say he has stood up?
(a) He wrote the remark.
(b) He wants to leave.
(c) He wants to see better.
(d) He wants to make a speech.
5. How does Mr. Richards say he is going to resign from his position at the bank?
(a) With a servant.
(b) With a telegram.
(c) With a song.
(d) With a note.
6. What does Mr. Richards ask his wife to do to him?
(a) Kiss him.
(b) Fan him.
(c) Kick him.
(d) Slap him.
7. What does Mr. Richards say he has walked into?
(a) A circus.
(b) A love triangle.
(c) The circles of hell.
(d) A trap.
8. What does Mr. Richards say he wishes he was?
9. What is Mr. Wilson's occupation?
(a) A lawyer.
(b) A dentist.
(c) A reporter.
(d) A doctor.
10. What is Mr. Billson's middle name?
11. What does Mr. Stephenson say the town is not worthy to kiss?
(a) Mrs. Richards' shoes.
(b) Mr. Richards' hat.
(c) Mrs. Richards' shawl.
(d) Mr. Richards' garment.
12. Who does the Reverend say wrote the first remark?
(a) Mr. Billson.
(b) Mr. Harkness.
(c) Mr. Richards.
(d) Mr. Pinkerton.
13. Whose is the fifth remark that the Chair reads?
(a) Mr. Halliday's.
(b) Mr. Sargent's.
(c) Mr. Richards'.
(d) Mr. Smith's.
14. What word is the difference between Wilson and Billson's note?
15. Why does the doctor say the town is distressed?
(a) The Richardses have threatened to kill themselves.
(b) The Richardses have burned their money.
(c) The Richardses were the town's last two honest people.
(d) The Richardses have contracted a contagious disease.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do the Richardses see on the way home?
2. Who does Mr. Richards ask to help him?
3. What does Mr. Richards say he does not want to die like?
4. At whom is Burgess' sermon aimed?
5. What does Mr. Wilson say he thought had taken his note to a different place on his desk?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)