|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What tone of voice does the Tanner use to say that the money should be divided among the 18 incorruptibles?
(a) Fun filled.
(c) Hate filled.
2. What does the Chair order Mr. Billson and Mr. Wilson to do?
(a) Be quiet.
(b) Take their seats.
(c) Apoogize to each other.
(d) Leave the building.
3. For whom was Mr. Richards going to plead?
(b) The town.
(c) The stranger.
(d) The other men.
4. What do the Richardses take as a sign of Sarah's guilt?
(a) Her nerves.
(b) Her anger.
(c) Her laugh.
(d) Her defensiveness.
5. What does the narrator say the sermon bristles with?
6. What does Mrs. RIchards say is not tasting good?
(a) Her steak.
(b) The town's praise.
(c) The town's vanity.
(d) Her life.
7. What does Mr. Richards ask his wife to do to him?
(a) Kick him.
(b) Fan him.
(c) Slap him.
(d) Kiss him.
8. How does Mrs. Richards know the sack contains no notes?
(a) It is not soft enough.
(b) It is not bouncy enough.
(c) It is not small enough.
(d) It is not big enough.
9. What did the Richardses do after the church service?
(a) Go to the railway station.
(b) Drink tea.
(c) Hurry home.
(d) Talk to Burgess.
10. Which of the following couples stands to speak?
(a) Mr. and Mrs. Fields.
(b) Mr. and Mrs. Cox.
(c) Mr. and Mrs. Richards.
(d) Mr. and Mrs. Laurel.
11. What does the narrator say Burgess can hear?
(a) The mice.
(b) His toe nails.
(c) The rats.
(d) His microbes.
12. What is Mr. Wilson's occupation?
(a) A doctor.
(b) A dentist.
(c) A reporter.
(d) A lawyer.
13. What does Mr. Richards say he wishes he was?
14. Why does Mr. Richards not want to cash the checks?
(a) He feels too guilty.
(b) He wants to make his peace with God.
(c) He does not need the money.
(d) He thinks it is a trick.
15. Who has signed the checks?
(a) Mr. Pinkerton.
(b) Mr. Cox.
(c) Mr. Edwards.
(d) Mr. Harkness.
Short Answer Questions
1. What will the stranger have to do to catch Hadleyburg napping again?
2. How does the house react to Mr. Wilson's speech?
3. Who does Wingate suggest they give the money to?
4. Where does Mr. Wison say he left his paper open?
5. Who are the checks made out to?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)