|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Richards receive a letter from after throwing the money in the fire?
2. Who does Mr. Richards send for?
3. Who does Wingate suggest they give the money to?
(a) Mr. Burgess.
(b) Mr. Richards.
(c) Mr. Harkness.
(d) Mr. Halliday.
4. What is Mr. Wilson's occupation?
(a) A reporter.
(b) A lawyer.
(c) A doctor.
(d) A dentist.
5. What is Wingate's occupation?
(a) A hatter.
(b) A blacksmith.
(c) A saddler.
(d) A tailor.
6. What does the Chair ask someone to close?
(a) The windows.
(b) The tea urn.
(c) The sack.
(d) The doors.
7. Why does Mr. Richards not want to cash the checks?
(a) He does not need the money.
(b) He thinks it is a trick.
(c) He wants to make his peace with God.
(d) He feels too guilty.
8. What does Mr. Richards say he heard a swish of in the next room?
(a) A shawl.
(b) A whip.
(c) A gown.
(d) A cloak.
9. What does Mr. Burgess take out of his pocket?
(a) A bible.
(b) A pen.
(c) A wand.
(d) An envelope.
10. Who does the Reverend say wrote the first remark?
(a) Mr. Harkness.
(b) Mr. Billson.
(c) Mr. Pinkerton.
(d) Mr. Richards.
11. What word does the narrator say voices volley all over the house?
12. What are the gallery fronts clothed in?
(b) Colored paper.
13. What is written on the second envelope Burgess pulls out of the sack?
(b) The test.
(c) The light.
(d) The riot.
14. What do the voices order Burgess to open?
(a) The wardrobe.
(b) The food parlor.
(c) The church doors.
(d) The sack.
15. What tone of voice does the Tanner use to say that the money should be divided among the 18 incorruptibles?
(c) Hate filled.
(d) Fun filled.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word is the difference between Wilson and Billson's note?
2. What does the narrator say the stranger looks like?
3. What does Mr. Wilson say he thought had taken his note to a different place on his desk?
4. What does Mrs. RIchards say is not tasting good?
5. Who do the Richardses call during the night?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)