|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word does the narrator say voices volley all over the house?
2. What does the narrator say the sermon bristles with?
3. What does the stranger say he received when he passed through Hadleyburg?
(a) A punch on the nose.
(b) A bottle of wine.
(c) A deep offense.
4. Where does the stranger take the sack?
(a) To Florida.
(b) To a bank.
(c) To a hotel.
(d) To the Richards' house.
5. With what does Sarah think the Richards' minds has been affected?
(a) Good fortune.
(b) A love of life.
(d) Old age.
6. Who talks to the stranger in private?
(a) Mr. Richards.
(b) Mr. Harkness.
(c) Reverend Burgess.
(d) Mr. Cox.
7. What tone of voice does the Tanner use to say that the money should be divided among the 18 incorruptibles?
(c) Fun filled.
(d) Hate filled.
8. What did the Richardses do after the church service?
(a) Talk to Burgess.
(b) Hurry home.
(c) Go to the railway station.
(d) Drink tea.
9. How does Mr. Richards say he is going to resign from his position at the bank?
(a) With a servant.
(b) With a song.
(c) With a telegram.
(d) With a note.
10. What is Mr. Wilson's occupation?
(a) A reporter.
(b) A doctor.
(c) A lawyer.
(d) A dentist.
11. What is the name of the Richards' servant?
12. Which of the following words best describe the Richards' state of mind?
13. What does Mr. Richards want to tell the house that he does not have?
(c) A life.
14. Who does Richards receive a letter from after throwing the money in the fire?
15. What does Mrs. RIchards say is not tasting good?
(a) The town's praise.
(b) Her life.
(c) Her steak.
(d) The town's vanity.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the yellow coins made of?
2. What is Wingate's occupation?
3. What is Mr. Thompson's occupation?
4. What are the gallery fronts clothed in?
5. Whose is the fourth remark that the Chair reads?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)