|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who talks to the stranger in private?
(a) Mr. Harkness.
(b) Mr. Cox.
(c) Mr. Richards.
(d) Reverend Burgess.
2. What does Mr. Richards ask his wife to do to him?
(a) Kiss him.
(b) Slap him.
(c) Fan him.
(d) Kick him.
3. With what does Mr. Wilson charge Mr. Burgess?
(a) Pilfering his note.
4. With what does Sarah think the Richards' minds has been affected?
(a) A love of life.
(b) Good fortune.
(d) Old age.
5. Where does the stranger put one of the checks for $1,500?
(a) In his suitcase.
(b) In his bank.
(c) In his back pocket.
(d) In his pocket book.
6. What does the narrator say the stranger looks like?
(a) A butcher.
(b) A thief.
(c) An amateur detective.
(d) A dentist.
7. What word does the narrator say voices volley all over the house?
8. What are the gallery fronts clothed in?
(a) Colored paper.
9. Who does the Chair call forward to receive the money?
(a) Mr. Dark.
(b) Mr. Richards.
(c) Mr. Wilson.
(d) Mr. Billson.
10. Who does Mr. Richards send for?
11. What do the Richardses take as a sign of Sarah's guilt?
(a) Her anger.
(b) Her nerves.
(c) Her defensiveness.
(d) Her laugh.
12. Who do the Richardses say the checks came from?
(d) The stranger.
13. What does Burgess say one of either Mr. Wilson or Mr. Billson has committed?
(a) A theft.
14. What word is the difference between Wilson and Billson's note?
15. What does the narrator say is quieting down?
(a) The Richards' consciences.
(b) The town's anger.
(c) The countrywide publicity.
(d) Halliday's singing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the stranger take the sack?
2. What is Wingate's occupation?
3. Who laugh so hard that tears run down their cheeks?
4. Who does the Reverend say wrote the first remark?
5. Who arrives to pick up the sack at 9:00 am?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)