|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose remark does Burgess open next?
(a) Mr. Richard's.
(b) Mr. Harkness's.
(c) Mr. Halliday's.
2. What is written on the second envelope Burgess pulls out of the sack?
(a) The riot.
(c) The test.
(d) The light.
3. What does Mr. Wilson say he thought had taken his note to a different place on his desk?
(a) A draft.
(b) A bird.
(c) A mouse.
(d) A fan.
4. Who does Mr. Richards ask to help him?
(a) The stranger.
(d) His wife.
5. How does the house react to Mr. Wilson's speech?
(a) They sing.
(b) They cheer.
(c) They applaud.
(d) They boo.
6. Who does the Reverend say wrote the first remark?
(a) Mr. Richards.
(b) Mr. Billson.
(c) Mr. Harkness.
(d) Mr. Pinkerton.
7. Who arrives to pick up the sack at 9:00 am?
(a) Reverend Burgess.
(b) The stranger.
(c) Mark Twain.
(d) Jack Halliday.
8. Whose is the fourth remark that the Chair reads?
(a) Mr. Pinkerton's.
(b) Mr. Yates'.
(c) Mr. Richards'.
(d) Mr. Cox's.
9. Who does Mr. Richards send for?
10. What are the yellow coins made of?
11. What does the narrator say the sermon bristles with?
12. With what does Sarah think the Richards' minds has been affected?
(a) Good fortune.
(b) Old age.
(c) A love of life.
13. What do the Richardses think Sarah is?
(a) A lackey.
(b) A spy.
(c) A whore.
(d) A thief.
14. What did the Richardses do after the church service?
(a) Talk to Burgess.
(b) Drink tea.
(c) Hurry home.
(d) Go to the railway station.
15. What does Mr. Richards ask his wife to do to him?
(a) Fan him.
(b) Kiss him.
(c) Slap him.
(d) Kick him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the doctor say the town is distressed?
2. What does the narrator say is quieting down?
3. Who laugh so hard that tears run down their cheeks?
4. Who talks to the stranger in private?
5. What does Mr. Richards want to tell the house that he does not have?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)