|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mr. Richards say he is going to resign from his position at the bank?
(a) With a note.
(b) With a song.
(c) With a telegram.
(d) With a servant.
2. What does Mrs. RIchards say is not tasting good?
(a) Her life.
(b) The town's praise.
(c) Her steak.
(d) The town's vanity.
3. Who talks to the stranger in private?
(a) Reverend Burgess.
(b) Mr. Cox.
(c) Mr. Richards.
(d) Mr. Harkness.
4. Where does the stranger take the sack?
(a) To a bank.
(b) To the Richards' house.
(c) To Florida.
(d) To a hotel.
5. At whom is Burgess' sermon aimed?
(a) People living no life.
(b) People gossiping.
(c) People lying.
(d) People concealing sin.
6. What is Eliphalet's last name?
7. What are the gallery fronts clothed in?
(d) Colored paper.
8. What tone of voice does the Tanner use to say that the money should be divided among the 18 incorruptibles?
(b) Fun filled.
(d) Hate filled.
9. Who interrupts the hatter?
(a) The blacksmith.
(b) The tanner.
(c) The baker.
(d) The butcher.
10. What does the narrator say is quieting down?
(a) Halliday's singing.
(b) The countrywide publicity.
(c) The town's anger.
(d) The Richards' consciences.
11. What is Mr. Billson's middle name?
12. Why does Mr. Wilson say he has stood up?
(a) He wants to see better.
(b) He wants to leave.
(c) He wrote the remark.
(d) He wants to make a speech.
13. Whose is the fifth remark that the Chair reads?
(a) Mr. Richards'.
(b) Mr. Sargent's.
(c) Mr. Halliday's.
(d) Mr. Smith's.
14. What word is the difference between Wilson and Billson's note?
15. What does Burgess say one of either Mr. Wilson or Mr. Billson has committed?
(b) A theft.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who laugh so hard that tears run down their cheeks?
2. Why does Mr. Richards say he wants people to stay in the room?
3. Who does the Reverend say wrote the first remark?
4. What do the voices order Burgess to open?
5. Complete the following sentence; "When a man's afraid of a ................."?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)