|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Chair order Mr. Billson and Mr. Wilson to do?
(a) Be quiet.
(b) Apoogize to each other.
(c) Leave the building.
(d) Take their seats.
2. What does Mr. Richards call the language in Burgess's note?
(c) High brow.
(d) Low brow.
3. What do the Richardses take as a sign of Sarah's guilt?
(a) Her laugh.
(b) Her anger.
(c) Her nerves.
(d) Her defensiveness.
4. Who does Richards receive a letter from after throwing the money in the fire?
5. Where does Mr. Wison say he left his paper open?
(a) On his radio.
(b) On his desk.
(c) On his bed.
(d) On his kitchen table.
6. How does the house react to Mr. Wilson's speech?
(a) They cheer.
(b) They applaud.
(c) They boo.
(d) They sing.
7. Where does Mr. Richards tell his wife to put the checks?
(a) In the fire.
(b) In the cellar.
(c) In the lake.
(d) In the bank.
8. Who laugh so hard that tears run down their cheeks?
(a) The people from Brixton.
(b) The reporters.
(c) The working classes.
(d) The photographers.
9. What does the narrator say Burgess can hear?
(a) The rats.
(b) His toe nails.
(c) His microbes.
(d) The mice.
10. What is Mr. Wilson's occupation?
(a) A dentist.
(b) A reporter.
(c) A doctor.
(d) A lawyer.
11. What does Mr. Stephenson write that the Richards' honesty is beyond the reach of?
12. What is the name of the Richards' servant?
13. What did the Richardses do after the church service?
(a) Go to the railway station.
(b) Hurry home.
(c) Drink tea.
(d) Talk to Burgess.
14. What does the narrator say is quieting down?
(a) The Richards' consciences.
(b) The town's anger.
(c) Halliday's singing.
(d) The countrywide publicity.
15. What is Mr. Thompson's occupation?
(a) A locksmith.
(b) A hatter.
(c) A blacksmith.
(d) A butcher.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do the Richardses say the checks came from?
2. How does Mrs. Richards know the sack contains no notes?
3. What are the yellow coins made of?
4. What does the narrator say the sermon bristles with?
5. Who does the stranger's note say made the remark?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)