|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. RIchards say is not tasting good?
(a) The town's praise.
(b) The town's vanity.
(c) Her life.
(d) Her steak.
2. What does Mr. Richards call the language in Burgess's note?
(a) Low brow.
(c) High brow.
3. Who arrives to pick up the sack at 9:00 am?
(a) Mark Twain.
(b) The stranger.
(c) Reverend Burgess.
(d) Jack Halliday.
4. What is written on the second envelope Burgess pulls out of the sack?
(b) The test.
(c) The riot.
(d) The light.
5. What does Mr. Richards ask his wife to do to him?
(a) Slap him.
(b) Fan him.
(c) Kiss him.
(d) Kick him.
6. What does Mr. Richards say he wishes he was?
7. What is Mr. Wilson's occupation?
(a) A dentist.
(b) A reporter.
(c) A doctor.
(d) A lawyer.
8. How does the house react to Mr. Wilson's speech?
(a) They applaud.
(b) They cheer.
(c) They sing.
(d) They boo.
9. What does Mr. Wilson say he thought had taken his note to a different place on his desk?
(a) A draft.
(b) A bird.
(c) A mouse.
(d) A fan.
10. What does the narrator say the stranger stands up like?
(a) An American President.
(b) A Cuban Communist.
(c) An English Earl.
(d) An Italian Count.
11. What does Mr. Richards say he heard a swish of in the next room?
(a) A whip.
(b) A gown.
(c) A cloak.
(d) A shawl.
12. Why does Mr. Wilson say he has stood up?
(a) He wants to see better.
(b) He wrote the remark.
(c) He wants to leave.
(d) He wants to make a speech.
13. Who does Mr. Richards send for?
14. What word is the difference between Wilson and Billson's note?
15. Who do the Richardses see on the way home?
(a) The stranger.
(b) Mr. Halliday.
(c) Mr. Cox.
(d) Reverend Burgess.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the Richards' servant?
2. Who are the checks made out to?
3. With what does Mr. Wilson charge Mr. Burgess?
4. Which of the following couples stands to speak?
5. What does Mr. Richards say he does not want to die like?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)