|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose is the fifth remark that the Chair reads?
(a) Mr. Halliday's.
(b) Mr. Richards'.
(c) Mr. Smith's.
(d) Mr. Sargent's.
2. What does the Chair order Mr. Billson and Mr. Wilson to do?
(a) Apoogize to each other.
(b) Be quiet.
(c) Leave the building.
(d) Take their seats.
3. What does the narrator say is quieting down?
(a) The countrywide publicity.
(b) Halliday's singing.
(c) The town's anger.
(d) The Richards' consciences.
4. Who arrives to pick up the sack at 9:00 am?
(a) Reverend Burgess.
(b) Mark Twain.
(c) Jack Halliday.
(d) The stranger.
5. With what does Mr. Wilson charge Mr. Burgess?
(d) Pilfering his note.
6. What does Mr. Richards want to tell the house that he does not have?
(b) A life.
7. Why does Mr. Wilson say he has stood up?
(a) He wants to make a speech.
(b) He wants to see better.
(c) He wrote the remark.
(d) He wants to leave.
8. How does the house react to Mr. Wilson's speech?
(a) They boo.
(b) They applaud.
(c) They cheer.
(d) They sing.
9. What do the voices order Burgess to open?
(a) The church doors.
(b) The wardrobe.
(c) The sack.
(d) The food parlor.
10. What does the narrator say the stranger looks like?
(a) A butcher.
(b) A thief.
(c) A dentist.
(d) An amateur detective.
11. What is the name of the Richards' servant?
12. What does the gold sack stand on?
(a) A throne.
(b) A stool.
(c) A little table.
(d) A sewing table.
13. What word does the narrator say voices volley all over the house?
14. What does Mr. Richards state all things are?
(c) Written in stone.
15. Whose remark does Burgess open next?
(a) Mr. Harkness's.
(b) Mr. Richard's.
(d) Mr. Halliday's.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Wilson say he thought had taken his note to a different place on his desk?
2. Who does Mr. Richards ask to help him?
3. What does Mr. Burgess take out of his pocket?
4. What word is the difference between Wilson and Billson's note?
5. What does Mrs. RIchards say is not tasting good?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)