|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is written on the second envelope Burgess pulls out of the sack?
(a) The light.
(c) The riot.
(d) The test.
2. What is Mr. Wilson's occupation?
(a) A dentist.
(b) A lawyer.
(c) A doctor.
(d) A reporter.
3. How does the house react to Mr. Wilson's speech?
(a) They sing.
(b) They boo.
(c) They applaud.
(d) They cheer.
4. What does the narrator say the sermon bristles with?
5. Whose is the fourth remark that the Chair reads?
(a) Mr. Yates'.
(b) Mr. Richards'.
(c) Mr. Pinkerton's.
(d) Mr. Cox's.
6. For whom was Mr. Richards going to plead?
(a) The town.
(c) The stranger.
(d) The other men.
7. With what does Sarah think the Richards' minds has been affected?
(a) A love of life.
(b) Old age.
(d) Good fortune.
8. What tone of voice does the Tanner use to say that the money should be divided among the 18 incorruptibles?
(b) Fun filled.
(c) Hate filled.
9. What does the stranger say he received when he passed through Hadleyburg?
(a) A bottle of wine.
(b) A punch on the nose.
(d) A deep offense.
10. What does Mr. Stephenson write that the Richards' honesty is beyond the reach of?
11. What is Wingate's occupation?
(a) A blacksmith.
(b) A tailor.
(c) A hatter.
(d) A saddler.
12. What does Mr. Richards state all things are?
(c) Written in stone.
13. What is Eliphalet's last name?
14. What does the narrator say the stranger looks like?
(a) A dentist.
(b) A butcher.
(c) An amateur detective.
(d) A thief.
15. What does the narrator say Burgess can hear?
(a) The rats.
(b) His microbes.
(c) His toe nails.
(d) The mice.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the Richards' servant?
2. What does the narrator say is quieting down?
3. Where does Mr. Wison say he left his paper open?
4. What does the Chair say he cannot allow Mr. Richards to do?
5. Who interrupts the hatter?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)