|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Mr. Richards think that Goodson despised?
2. Which of the following does Mrs. Richards use to describe the mentality of the town?
3. Where do the Hadleyburg residents claim their town is destined to live in forever under the word incorruptible?
(a) The theasaurus.
(b) The national cook book.
(c) The encyclopedia.
(d) The dictionary.
4. Who does Halliday realize has broken a leg?
(a) Mr. Harkness.
(b) Mr. Richard's
5. Which of the following words best describes Pinkerton?
6. Who does Mr. Stephenson send letters to?
(a) The principal citizens.
(b) The dishonest citizens.
(c) The working class citizens.
(d) The loyal citizens.
7. What did Nancy Hewitt have a spoonful of in her veins?
(a) Indian blood.
(b) Hispanic blood.
(c) Mexican blood.
(d) Negro blood.
8. What did the residents of Hadleyburg keep out of the way of young people?
9. What is Jack Halliday's job?
10. How does Mr. Richards say he feels about helping the Reverend?
11. Why does Mr. Richards say there is nothing to worry about regarding Reverend Burgess?
(a) He is a timid man.
(b) He has already forgiven them.
(c) He does not care enough about life.
(d) He does not know he could have saved him.
12. What happened to Nancy Hewitt?
(a) She died.
(b) She joined the marines.
(c) She ran away.
(d) She fell in love with someone else.
13. How did Mr. Richards help the Reverend?
(a) He got him out of town.
(b) He hid him in his house.
(c) He gave him food.
(d) He lent him money.
14. What does Mr. Richards want to do with the money?
(a) Put it in the bank.
(b) Burn it.
(c) Throw it in the sea.
(d) Bury it.
15. Which of the following areas of America does the narrator not mention?
(b) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the paper's foreman the local representative of?
2. What does Mr. Richards say it is dreadful to be?
3. What does the narrator say the townfolk found the night after?
4. What kind of expression do the town folks' faces have at the end of the week?
5. Where does the stranger set down his sack in the cashier's house?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)