|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the sack contain?
(a) $100 bills.
(c) $50 bills.
2. What does Mr. Richards say he and is wife should remember?
(a) It was the Christian thing.
(b) It was the nice thing.
(c) It was ordered.
(d) It was the right thing.
3. Who is a puzzled man other than Jack Halliday?
(a) The Reverend Burgess.
(b) Mr. Pinkerton.
(c) The Mayor Snip.
(d) Murray Goodwin.
4. What kind of tone does the narrator say Mr. Cox speaks in when he says "What possessed you..."?
5. Which of the following words best describes Jack Halliday?
(b) Fun loving.
6. What kind of expression do the town folks' faces have at the end of the week?
(b) Holy happiness.
7. Who does Mrs. Richards say her husband is free of?
8. Which of the following words best describes Mr. and Mrs. Harkness' state of mind?
9. Which of the following does Mrs. Richards use to describe the mentality of the town?
10. What does Mr. Richards say the town has trained them to think?
11. What does the narrator say Hadleyburg is known to most Americans as?
(a) Hadleyberg the Discernable.
(b) Hadleyburg the Disruptible.
(c) Hadleyburg the Incorruptible.
(d) Hadleyburg the Lovable.
12. Who does Halliday realize has broken a leg?
(c) Mr. Harkness.
(d) Mr. Richard's
13. What does Mrs. Richards say it is no time for?
14. Whose opinion does Mrs. Richards say she is now worried about?
(a) Barclay Gordon.
(b) Graeme Swann.
(c) Reverend Burgess.
(d) James Anderson.
15. What do people keep handing the Reverend?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Mr. Richards meet Mr. Cox?
2. What does Mrs. Richards say she has been all her life?
3. Who does Mr. Stephenson send letters to?
4. Which of the following areas of America does the narrator not mention?
5. What do Mr. Cox and Mr. Richards drag themselves home like?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)