|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the whole village now doing in the evenings?
(c) Staying at home.
(d) Writing articles.
2. Why can't the Wilcox's kittens be dead?
(a) The Wilcoxes would hold a funeral.
(b) They were not born.
(c) They are still alive.
(d) The whole town would of heard about it.
3. Why does Mrs. Richards say they cannot find the right man?
(a) He is in his grave.
(b) He is in another town.
(c) He is a con artist.
(d) He is a higher force.
4. What does Mr. Richards want to do with the money?
(a) Put it in the bank.
(b) Bury it.
(c) Throw it in the sea.
(d) Burn it.
5. What does Mr. Richards want to make his proof of mind?
6. What does Mrs. Richards say she could do for joy?
7. Which of the following do the reporters not make a picture of?
(a) Mr. Cox's house.
(b) The sack.
(c) Mr. Richard's house.
(d) The bank.
8. Which of the following activities did Mr. and Mrs. Richards used to do in the evening?
(a) Listen to the radio.
(b) Read books.
(c) Play chess.
(d) Barbecue ribs.
9. What does Mrs. Richards say it is no time for?
10. What does Mr. Cox's boss say Mr. Cox should not ship until he tells him?
(a) The evening news.
(b) The lunchtime news.
(c) The late mail.
(d) The early mail.
11. What does Mrs. Richards say she has been all her life?
(a) A humbug.
(b) A blowbug.
(c) A lightning bug.
(d) A firebug.
12. How does the narrator describe the sides of the sack?
13. What kind of tone does the narrator say Mr. Cox speaks in when he says "What possessed you..."?
14. From what country has the stranger just arrived?
15. Who do Mr. and Mrs. Richards think gave the stranger $20?
(a) Yosser Hughes.
(b) Hannah Goodwin.
(c) Jack Smits.
(d) Barclay Gordon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of expression do the town folks' faces have at the end of the week?
2. What do the Wilsons arrange?
3. What does Jack Halliday say Mrs. Wilcox's cat has had?
4. What is the name of the stranger who wrote the letter?
5. Why did Mr. Richards decide against saving the Reverend Burgess?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)