|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mr. Richards say he published the letter?
(a) He wants to share the riches.
(b) It said publish it.
(c) It was the honest thing to do.
(d) He would have been found out.
2. Who falls down in this chapter?
(a) Mr. Harkness.
(b) Mrs. Richards.
(c) Mr. Richard.
(d) Mrs. Harkness.
3. How does Mr. Richards say he feels about helping the Reverend?
4. What does the narrator say Hadlyburg is vain beyond?
5. Who did the town end up charging?
6. Why does Mr. Richards say there is nothing to worry about regarding Reverend Burgess?
(a) He does not care enough about life.
(b) He has already forgiven them.
(c) He does not know he could have saved him.
(d) He is a timid man.
7. What does Halliday realize are not dead?
(a) The Cox's ducks.
(b) The Richards' chickens.
(c) The Wilcox's puppies.
(d) The Wilcox's kittens.
8. What kind of fit does Mrs. Richards fall into as she feels the sack?
9. What did the stranger's plan light his head up with?
(b) Evil joy.
(c) The luminosity of life.
10. What do people keep handing the Reverend?
11. What is the old lady reading in the parlor?
(a) The Christian Times.
(b) The Guardian.
(c) The New Age Observer.
(d) The Missionary Herald.
12. Where do Mr. And Mrs. Richards have to go to in the morning?
(a) The bank.
(b) The town hall.
(c) The church.
(d) The newspaper.
13. Which of the following does Mrs. Richards use to describe the mentality of the town?
14. What does Mr. Cox's boss say Mr. Cox should not ship until he tells him?
(a) The evening news.
(b) The early mail.
(c) The late mail.
(d) The lunchtime news.
15. Where does Mr. Richards meet Mr. Cox?
(a) The town hall.
(b) The printing office.
(c) The newspaper office.
(d) The church.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why can Mr. Richards not tell his wife how he helped Goodson?
2. What should the candidate hand to Rev. Burgess?
3. What does the narrator say Mr. Richards plunges his hands through his hair like?
4. What did the residents of Hadleyburg keep out of the way of young people?
5. Who does Mrs. Richard call Mr. Richards' friend?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)