|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mr. Richards imagine Goodson tried to kill himself?
(a) By hanging himself.
(b) By slitting his wrists.
(c) By drowning.
(d) By shooting himself.
2. Why does Mrs. Richards say she wants to be left alone?
(a) She is too fat.
(b) She is too miserable.
(c) She is too ill.
(d) She is too happy.
3. What does the narrator say Hadleyburg is known to most Americans as?
(a) Hadleyberg the Discernable.
(b) Hadleyburg the Lovable.
(c) Hadleyburg the Incorruptible.
(d) Hadleyburg the Disruptible.
4. What does Jack Halliday say Mrs. Wilcox's cat has had?
(a) A seizure.
(d) A conversion.
5. What does Halliday pretend is a camera?
(a) A cigarette box.
(b) A fishing rod.
(c) A cigar box.
(d) A helmut.
6. What is the name of the stranger who wrote the letter?
(a) Mr. Jakes.
(b) Mr. Barrington.
(c) Mr. Laurel.
(d) Mr. Stephenson.
7. What kind of fit does Mrs. Richards fall into as she feels the sack?
8. What happened to Nancy Hewitt?
(a) She joined the marines.
(b) She ran away.
(c) She fell in love with someone else.
(d) She died.
9. Why can't the Wilcox's kittens be dead?
(a) The whole town would of heard about it.
(b) They are still alive.
(c) The Wilcoxes would hold a funeral.
(d) They were not born.
10. Whose opinion does Mrs. Richards say she is now worried about?
(a) Graeme Swann.
(b) James Anderson.
(c) Barclay Gordon.
(d) Reverend Burgess.
11. How does Mr. Richards say he feels about helping the Reverend?
12. From what country has the stranger just arrived?
13. Why did Mr. Richards not tell his wife about the Reverend?
(a) She would have told the newspaper.
(b) She would have beat up the Reverend.
(c) Her face would have betrayed the secret.
(d) She would of turned hysterical.
14. Who do the townspeople think helped the Reverend?
(b) The stranger.
15. What is Jack Halliday's job?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Mr. And Mrs. Richards have to go to in the morning?
2. Which two characters sit in their parlor?
3. What do people keep handing the Reverend?
4. Where should the candidates appear at 8:00 in the evening on Friday?
5. What kind of tone does the narrator say Mr. Cox speaks in when he says "What possessed you..."?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)