|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Halliday pretend is a camera?
(a) A helmut.
(b) A cigarette box.
(c) A fishing rod.
(d) A cigar box.
2. Who does Mr. Stephenson send letters to?
(a) The loyal citizens.
(b) The working class citizens.
(c) The dishonest citizens.
(d) The principal citizens.
3. What kind of expression do the town folks' faces have at the end of the week?
(d) Holy happiness.
4. What did the residents of Hadleyburg keep out of the way of young people?
5. What did Nancy Hewitt have a spoonful of in her veins?
(a) Indian blood.
(b) Hispanic blood.
(c) Mexican blood.
(d) Negro blood.
6. Why does Reverend Burgess like Mr. Richards?
(a) He made a big donation to the church.
(b) He helped him out.
(c) He is a regular at church.
(d) He fixed the Reverend's bicycle.
7. Who does Mr. Richards think that Goodson despised?
8. What does Mrs. Richards say her husband has never uttered?
(a) A curse word.
(b) A lie.
(c) A truth.
(d) A blasphemy.
9. What do people keep handing the Reverend?
10. Why did Mr. Richards not tell his wife about the Reverend?
(a) She would have told the newspaper.
(b) Her face would have betrayed the secret.
(c) She would have beat up the Reverend.
(d) She would of turned hysterical.
11. Where should the candidates appear at 8:00 in the evening on Friday?
(a) The assembly hall.
(b) The bell tower.
(c) The theater.
(d) The town hall.
12. Why couldn't Mr. Richards have been able to save Goodson from drowning?
(a) There is no lakes in the town.
(b) He can't swim.
(c) He is afraid of the water.
(d) He would have been at work.
13. How did Mr. Richards help the Reverend?
(a) He hid him in his house.
(b) He gave him food.
(c) He lent him money.
(d) He got him out of town.
14. What kind of honesty does Mrs. Richards say the town has trained them to think?
(a) Idealistic honesty.
(b) Artificial honesty.
(c) God's honesty.
(d) Hateful honesty.
15. Why does Mr. Richards say there is nothing to worry about regarding Reverend Burgess?
(a) He is a timid man.
(b) He does not know he could have saved him.
(c) He does not care enough about life.
(d) He has already forgiven them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the stranger say he used to be?
2. Who does Mrs. Richard call Mr. Richards' friend?
3. What do the Wilsons arrange?
4. What does the narrator say the townfolk found the night after?
5. How does the author describe Hadleyburg?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)