|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following activities did Mr. and Mrs. Richards used to do in the evening?
(a) Read books.
(b) Barbecue ribs.
(c) Play chess.
(d) Listen to the radio.
2. What kind of fit does Mrs. Richards fall into as she feels the sack?
3. Who does Mr. Richards say is not a bad man?
(a) Mayor Jacks.
(b) Sheriff Jonson.
(c) The Reverend Burgess.
(d) Barclay Gorgon.
4. What does Halliday pretend is a camera?
(a) A fishing rod.
(b) A cigar box.
(c) A helmut.
(d) A cigarette box.
5. Why did Mr. Richards not tell his wife about the Reverend?
(a) She would have told the newspaper.
(b) She would of turned hysterical.
(c) She would have beat up the Reverend.
(d) Her face would have betrayed the secret.
6. What do people keep handing the Reverend?
7. Which of the following words best describes Mr. and Mrs. Harkness' state of mind?
8. What does Mr. Cox's boss say Mr. Cox should not ship until he tells him?
(a) The evening news.
(b) The early mail.
(c) The late mail.
(d) The lunchtime news.
9. Who does Mr. Richards think that Goodson despised?
10. Why does Mrs. Richards think she and her husband deserve the money?
(a) They alway help other people.
(b) They will do good things with the money.
(c) They have workerd hard all their lives.
(d) They are old and poor.
11. Where should the candidates appear at 8:00 in the evening on Friday?
(a) The theater.
(b) The assembly hall.
(c) The town hall.
(d) The bell tower.
12. What did Nancy Hewitt have a spoonful of in her veins?
(a) Mexican blood.
(b) Indian blood.
(c) Negro blood.
(d) Hispanic blood.
13. What do Mr. Cox and Mr. Richards drag themselves home like?
(a) Poverty strcken men.
(b) Mortally stricken men.
(c) Guilt stricken men.
(d) Love stricken men.
14. Why can Mr. Richards not tell his wife how he helped Goodson?
(a) She would laugh.
(b) She would divorce him.
(c) It was against the law.
(d) He made a promise.
15. What did Goodson tell Richards to do when he tried to convert him?
(a) Pick on someone who cares.
(b) Bury your head in the sand.
(c) Mind your own business.
(d) Marry someone else.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does everyone run to?
2. Why couldn't Mr. Richards have been able to save Goodson from drowning?
3. What did the stranger decide he wanted to do to the town?
4. Where does Mr. Richards meet Mr. Cox?
5. Where do Mr. And Mrs. Richards have to go to in the morning?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)