|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Richards say he and is wife should remember?
(a) It was ordered.
(b) It was the Christian thing.
(c) It was the nice thing.
(d) It was the right thing.
2. What is the whole village now doing in the evenings?
(a) Staying at home.
(b) Writing articles.
3. Where does Mr. Richards meet Mr. Cox?
(a) The town hall.
(b) The printing office.
(c) The newspaper office.
(d) The church.
4. Who does Mrs. Richard call Mr. Richards' friend?
(a) Mr. Harkness.
(b) Barclay Gordon.
(c) Reverend Burgess.
(d) The stranger.
5. Whose comments does the narrator say became increasingly disagreeable?
(b) Mr. Richard's.
(c) The foreman's.
6. Which of the following people does Mrs. Richards say has twitted them?
(a) The Christians.
(b) The Wombles.
(c) The Wilsons.
(d) The Jeminas.
7. What does the narrator say the townfolk found the night after?
(a) Their dishonesty.
(b) Their tongues.
(c) Their love of life.
(d) Their hearts.
8. What should the candidate hand to Rev. Burgess?
(a) A reference letter.
(b) A sealed envelope.
(c) A prayer book.
(d) A vial of blood.
9. What does Mrs. Richards say is Mr. Goodson's one vanity?
(a) He thinks he gives better advice.
(b) He thinks he is the town's most moral person.
(c) He thinks his wife is the most beautiful.
(d) He thinks he has better hair.
10. Which of the following do the reporters make a picture of?
(a) The public monument.
(b) The war memorial.
(c) The stranger.
(d) The public square.
11. What does Mrs. Richards say she could do for joy?
12. Who did Goodson come close to marrying?
(a) Lottie Regal.
(b) Denise Harkness.
(c) Rose Darwin.
(d) Nancy Hewitt.
13. What do the Wilsons arrange?
(a) A fancy dress ball.
(b) A pillow fight.
(c) A dinner party.
(d) A sermon.
14. Why does Mrs. Richards say they cannot find the right man?
(a) He is a higher force.
(b) He is in his grave.
(c) He is in another town.
(d) He is a con artist.
15. What did Goodson tell Richards to do when he tried to convert him?
(a) Bury your head in the sand.
(b) Pick on someone who cares.
(c) Marry someone else.
(d) Mind your own business.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose opinion does Mrs. Richards say she is now worried about?
2. What do Mr. Cox and Mr. Richards drag themselves home like?
3. Who does Halliday realize has broken a leg?
4. Why couldn't Mr. Richards have been able to save Goodson from drowning?
5. Why did Mr. Richards decide against saving the Reverend Burgess?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)