|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose opinion does Mrs. Richards say she is now worried about?
(a) James Anderson.
(b) Reverend Burgess.
(c) Graeme Swann.
(d) Barclay Gordon.
2. Who does Halliday realize has broken a leg?
(b) Mr. Richard's
(d) Mr. Harkness.
3. What kind of fit does Mrs. Richards fall into as she feels the sack?
4. Where does Mr. Richards meet Mr. Cox?
(a) The church.
(b) The town hall.
(c) The newspaper office.
(d) The printing office.
5. What is the whole village now doing in the evenings?
(c) Writing articles.
(d) Staying at home.
6. Why does Mr. Richards say he published the letter?
(a) He would have been found out.
(b) He wants to share the riches.
(c) It was the honest thing to do.
(d) It said publish it.
7. What does the narrator say Hadlyburg is vain beyond?
8. Who does Mrs. Richard call Mr. Richards' friend?
(a) Mr. Harkness.
(b) The stranger.
(c) Barclay Gordon.
(d) Reverend Burgess.
9. What does Halliday realize are not dead?
(a) The Cox's ducks.
(b) The Wilcox's kittens.
(c) The Wilcox's puppies.
(d) The Richards' chickens.
10. How does Mr. Richards say he feels about helping the Reverend?
11. What does the stranger say he used to be?
(a) A bank manager.
(b) A con artist.
(c) A gambler.
(d) An alcoholic.
12. What does Mrs. Richards say her husband has never uttered?
(a) A curse word.
(b) A lie.
(c) A truth.
(d) A blasphemy.
13. Which of the following does Mrs. Richards use to describe the mentality of the town?
14. What happened to Nancy Hewitt?
(a) She joined the marines.
(b) She ran away.
(c) She fell in love with someone else.
(d) She died.
15. Where do the Hadleyburg residents claim their town is destined to live in forever under the word incorruptible?
(a) The national cook book.
(b) The encyclopedia.
(c) The dictionary.
(d) The theasaurus.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the stranger say is Goodson's legitimate heir?
2. How does the narrator describe the sides of the sack?
3. What does Mr. Cox's boss say Mr. Cox should not ship until he tells him?
4. What is the name of the only other town that the narrator mentions?
5. What did Nancy Hewitt have a spoonful of in her veins?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)