|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jack Halliday say Mrs. Wilcox's cat has had?
(c) A conversion.
(d) A seizure.
2. What is the whole village now doing in the evenings?
(b) Writing articles.
(d) Staying at home.
3. Who does Mr. Richards think that Goodson despised?
4. What does Halliday realize are not dead?
(a) The Cox's ducks.
(b) The Wilcox's kittens.
(c) The Richards' chickens.
(d) The Wilcox's puppies.
5. Which character does the narrator say always notices everything?
(a) Reverend Burgess.
(b) Barclay Gordon.
(c) Jack Smitts.
(d) Jack Halliday.
6. Where do the Hadleyburg residents claim their town is destined to live in forever under the word incorruptible?
(a) The dictionary.
(b) The national cook book.
(c) The encyclopedia.
(d) The theasaurus.
7. How does the narrator describe the sides of the sack?
8. Who is the letter from?
(a) A distant state.
(b) Another country.
(c) The President.
(d) The mayor.
9. What do the Wilsons arrange?
(a) A dinner party.
(b) A sermon.
(c) A pillow fight.
(d) A fancy dress ball.
10. What is the old lady reading in the parlor?
(a) The Christian Times.
(b) The New Age Observer.
(c) The Guardian.
(d) The Missionary Herald.
11. What does Mr. Richards want to do with the money?
(a) Burn it.
(b) Put it in the bank.
(c) Bury it.
(d) Throw it in the sea.
12. How does Mr. Richards imagine Goodson tried to kill himself?
(a) By slitting his wrists.
(b) By shooting himself.
(c) By drowning.
(d) By hanging himself.
13. Whose opinion does Mrs. Richards say she is now worried about?
(a) Reverend Burgess.
(b) Graeme Swann.
(c) James Anderson.
(d) Barclay Gordon.
14. Why does Mr. Richards say there is nothing to worry about regarding Reverend Burgess?
(a) He is a timid man.
(b) He has already forgiven them.
(c) He does not care enough about life.
(d) He does not know he could have saved him.
15. Where does the stranger say Goodson made the remark to him?
(a) Didcot Alley.
(b) Hale Alley.
(c) Berlin Alley.
(d) Utopia Alley.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Richards say her husband has never uttered?
2. From what country has the stranger just arrived?
3. Which of the following do the reporters make a picture of?
4. Whose comments does the narrator say became increasingly disagreeable?
5. What does the narrator say Hadleyburg is known to most Americans as?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)