|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is a puzzled man other than Jack Halliday?
(a) Murray Goodwin.
(b) The Reverend Burgess.
(c) The Mayor Snip.
(d) Mr. Pinkerton.
2. Which of the following areas of America does the narrator not mention?
(b) New York.
3. What does the stranger say he used to be?
(a) A con artist.
(b) A bank manager.
(c) A gambler.
(d) An alcoholic.
4. Which of the following activities did Mr. and Mrs. Richards used to do in the evening?
(a) Barbecue ribs.
(b) Listen to the radio.
(c) Play chess.
(d) Read books.
5. What does the narrator say Mr. Richards plunges his hands through his hair like?
(a) A somnambulist.
(b) A hypnotist.
(c) A butcher.
(d) A farmer.
6. What did the stranger decide he wanted to do to the town?
(a) Destroy it.
(b) Islamize it.
(c) Help it.
(d) Corrupt it.
7. Where does Mr. Richards meet Mr. Cox?
(a) The newspaper office.
(b) The printing office.
(c) The church.
(d) The town hall.
8. Why can't the Wilcox's kittens be dead?
(a) The Wilcoxes would hold a funeral.
(b) The whole town would of heard about it.
(c) They are still alive.
(d) They were not born.
9. What kind of honesty does Mrs. Richards say the town has trained them to think?
(a) Artificial honesty.
(b) God's honesty.
(c) Hateful honesty.
(d) Idealistic honesty.
10. What does the narrator say the townfolk found the night after?
(a) Their love of life.
(b) Their hearts.
(c) Their dishonesty.
(d) Their tongues.
11. Who does Mr. Stephenson send letters to?
(a) The dishonest citizens.
(b) The principal citizens.
(c) The loyal citizens.
(d) The working class citizens.
12. What kind of expression do the town folks' faces have at the end of the week?
(c) Holy happiness.
13. What does Mr. Richards want to make his proof of mind?
14. How does the narrator describe the sides of the sack?
15. What is the old lady reading in the parlor?
(a) The Guardian.
(b) The Christian Times.
(c) The Missionary Herald.
(d) The New Age Observer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Cox's boss say Mr. Cox should not ship until he tells him?
2. From what country has the stranger just arrived?
3. What do the Wilsons arrange?
4. What does Halliday realize are not dead?
5. What should the candidate hand to Rev. Burgess?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)