|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Wilsons arrange?
(a) A sermon.
(b) A dinner party.
(c) A fancy dress ball.
(d) A pillow fight.
2. What is the old lady reading in the parlor?
(a) The Guardian.
(b) The New Age Observer.
(c) The Missionary Herald.
(d) The Christian Times.
3. What does Mrs. Richards say her husband has never uttered?
(a) A lie.
(b) A truth.
(c) A blasphemy.
(d) A curse word.
4. What does Mr. Richards say he and is wife should remember?
(a) It was ordered.
(b) It was the Christian thing.
(c) It was the nice thing.
(d) It was the right thing.
5. What did the residents of Hadleyburg teach their babies in the cradle?
(a) The principles of honest dealings.
(b) The principles of life.
(c) The principles of love.
(d) The principles of Christianity.
6. Who did the town end up charging?
7. What does Halliday realize are not dead?
(a) The Wilcox's puppies.
(b) The Richards' chickens.
(c) The Cox's ducks.
(d) The Wilcox's kittens.
8. What did the stranger's plan light his head up with?
(b) Evil joy.
(d) The luminosity of life.
9. What does Mrs. Richards say she has been all her life?
(a) A blowbug.
(b) A lightning bug.
(c) A humbug.
(d) A firebug.
10. Where does the stranger say Goodson made the remark to him?
(a) Hale Alley.
(b) Berlin Alley.
(c) Utopia Alley.
(d) Didcot Alley.
11. Who is the letter from?
(a) The President.
(b) The mayor.
(c) Another country.
(d) A distant state.
12. Why does Mr. Richards say he published the letter?
(a) It said publish it.
(b) He wants to share the riches.
(c) It was the honest thing to do.
(d) He would have been found out.
13. Where does everyone run to?
(a) The newspaper.
(b) The church.
(c) The townhall.
(d) The bank.
14. Where does Mr. Richards meet Mr. Cox?
(a) The printing office.
(b) The town hall.
(c) The newspaper office.
(d) The church.
15. How does Mr. Richards say he feels about helping the Reverend?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mr. Richards say is not a bad man?
2. What kind of fit does Mrs. Richards fall into as she feels the sack?
3. Which of the following do the reporters make a picture of?
4. Which of the following areas of America does the narrator not mention?
5. How does the narrator describe the sides of the sack?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)