|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Goodson come close to marrying?
(a) Rose Darwin.
(b) Denise Harkness.
(c) Nancy Hewitt.
(d) Lottie Regal.
2. What does the stranger say he used to be?
(a) A gambler.
(b) A con artist.
(c) A bank manager.
(d) An alcoholic.
3. What did the stranger decide he wanted to do to the town?
(a) Destroy it.
(b) Help it.
(c) Corrupt it.
(d) Islamize it.
4. What does Mr. Richards say it is dreadful to be?
5. Why does Mr. Richards say there is nothing to worry about regarding Reverend Burgess?
(a) He does not care enough about life.
(b) He does not know he could have saved him.
(c) He has already forgiven them.
(d) He is a timid man.
6. What is the name of the only other town that the narrator mentions?
7. Why couldn't Mr. Richards have been able to save Goodson from drowning?
(a) He can't swim.
(b) There is no lakes in the town.
(c) He is afraid of the water.
(d) He would have been at work.
8. Why can Mr. Richards not tell his wife how he helped Goodson?
(a) She would divorce him.
(b) She would laugh.
(c) He made a promise.
(d) It was against the law.
9. Whose opinion does Mrs. Richards say she is now worried about?
(a) Reverend Burgess.
(b) Barclay Gordon.
(c) James Anderson.
(d) Graeme Swann.
10. Why did Mr. Richards not tell his wife about the Reverend?
(a) She would have beat up the Reverend.
(b) Her face would have betrayed the secret.
(c) She would of turned hysterical.
(d) She would have told the newspaper.
11. What is the old lady reading in the parlor?
(a) The Guardian.
(b) The New Age Observer.
(c) The Missionary Herald.
(d) The Christian Times.
12. Why does Mrs. Richards think she and her husband deserve the money?
(a) They are old and poor.
(b) They alway help other people.
(c) They will do good things with the money.
(d) They have workerd hard all their lives.
13. Which of the following words best describes Pinkerton?
14. What do the Wilsons arrange?
(a) A dinner party.
(b) A fancy dress ball.
(c) A sermon.
(d) A pillow fight.
15. Where does the stranger say Goodson made the remark to him?
(a) Hale Alley.
(b) Berlin Alley.
(c) Utopia Alley.
(d) Didcot Alley.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mr. Richards think that Goodson despised?
2. What does Mrs. Richards say her husband has never uttered?
3. Which of the following areas of America does the narrator not mention?
4. What does Halliday pretend is a camera?
5. Why does Mrs. Richards say she wants to be left alone?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)