|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following people does Mrs. Richards say has twitted them?
(a) The Jeminas.
(b) The Wombles.
(c) The Wilsons.
(d) The Christians.
2. What did the residents of Hadleyburg keep out of the way of young people?
3. Who does Mr. Richards say is not a bad man?
(a) Sheriff Jonson.
(b) Barclay Gorgon.
(c) Mayor Jacks.
(d) The Reverend Burgess.
4. Where should the candidates appear at 8:00 in the evening on Friday?
(a) The town hall.
(b) The bell tower.
(c) The assembly hall.
(d) The theater.
5. What did the stranger's plan light his head up with?
(b) Evil joy.
(d) The luminosity of life.
6. Complete the following sentence; "A proof once established is _________________."
(a) A liability.
(b) Better left so.
(c) The truth.
7. Which of the following words best describes Mr. and Mrs. Harkness' state of mind?
8. What did Goodson tell Richards to do when he tried to convert him?
(a) Marry someone else.
(b) Mind your own business.
(c) Pick on someone who cares.
(d) Bury your head in the sand.
9. Why did Mr. Richards not tell his wife about the Reverend?
(a) She would have told the newspaper.
(b) She would have beat up the Reverend.
(c) She would of turned hysterical.
(d) Her face would have betrayed the secret.
10. What does Mrs. Richards say it is no time for?
11. Why did Mr. Richards decide against saving the Reverend Burgess?
(a) He did not want to be unpopular.
(b) Burgess deserved what he got.
(c) He was too lazy.
(d) He did not have the pluck.
12. Which of the following words best describes Jack Halliday?
(d) Fun loving.
13. What is the whole village now doing in the evenings?
(a) Staying at home.
(b) Writing articles.
14. Where does everyone run to?
(a) The newspaper.
(b) The townhall.
(c) The bank.
(d) The church.
15. What do the Wilsons arrange?
(a) A dinner party.
(b) A fancy dress ball.
(c) A sermon.
(d) A pillow fight.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Mr. And Mrs. Richards have to go to in the morning?
2. What kind of honesty does Mrs. Richards say the town has trained them to think?
3. What kind of tone does the narrator say Mr. Cox speaks in when he says "What possessed you..."?
4. Whose comments does the narrator say became increasingly disagreeable?
5. Who does Mr. Stephenson send letters to?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)