|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does Mrs. Richards use to describe the mentality of the town?
2. What is the name of the stranger who wrote the letter?
(a) Mr. Jakes.
(b) Mr. Stephenson.
(c) Mr. Barrington.
(d) Mr. Laurel.
3. Which of the following words best describes Pinkerton?
4. What kind of expression do the town folks' faces have at the end of the week?
(c) Holy happiness.
5. Why did Mr. Richards decide against saving the Reverend Burgess?
(a) He did not want to be unpopular.
(b) Burgess deserved what he got.
(c) He did not have the pluck.
(d) He was too lazy.
6. What kind of honesty does Mrs. Richards say the town has trained them to think?
(a) God's honesty.
(b) Hateful honesty.
(c) Artificial honesty.
(d) Idealistic honesty.
7. Which of the following people does Mrs. Richards say has twitted them?
(a) The Wombles.
(b) The Christians.
(c) The Wilsons.
(d) The Jeminas.
8. Where should the candidates appear at 8:00 in the evening on Friday?
(a) The town hall.
(b) The theater.
(c) The bell tower.
(d) The assembly hall.
9. What does Jack Halliday say Mrs. Wilcox's cat has had?
(a) A conversion.
(d) A seizure.
10. Who falls down in this chapter?
(a) Mr. Richard.
(b) Mrs. Harkness.
(c) Mr. Harkness.
(d) Mrs. Richards.
11. What do the Wilsons arrange?
(a) A dinner party.
(b) A sermon.
(c) A pillow fight.
(d) A fancy dress ball.
12. What did the stranger's plan light his head up with?
(b) Evil joy.
(c) The luminosity of life.
13. How does the narrator describe the sides of the sack?
14. Why does Mrs. Richards think she and her husband deserve the money?
(a) They have workerd hard all their lives.
(b) They are old and poor.
(c) They will do good things with the money.
(d) They alway help other people.
15. What did the residents of Hadleyburg keep out of the way of young people?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Richards say it is dreadful to be?
2. Why does Mr. Richards say he published the letter?
3. Why does Reverend Burgess like Mr. Richards?
4. Which of the following activities did Mr. and Mrs. Richards used to do in the evening?
5. What did the stranger decide he wanted to do to the town?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)