|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do people keep handing the Reverend?
2. Who does Mr. Stephenson send letters to?
(a) The loyal citizens.
(b) The principal citizens.
(c) The dishonest citizens.
(d) The working class citizens.
3. Which of the following does Mrs. Richards use to describe the mentality of the town?
4. Who does Mrs. Richard call Mr. Richards' friend?
(a) The stranger.
(b) Barclay Gordon.
(c) Reverend Burgess.
(d) Mr. Harkness.
5. Why does Mrs. Richards think she and her husband deserve the money?
(a) They have workerd hard all their lives.
(b) They will do good things with the money.
(c) They are old and poor.
(d) They alway help other people.
6. What does Mrs. Richards say her husband has never uttered?
(a) A curse word.
(b) A lie.
(c) A blasphemy.
(d) A truth.
7. From what country has the stranger just arrived?
8. What did the stranger's plan light his head up with?
(a) The luminosity of life.
(d) Evil joy.
9. What does Halliday pretend is a camera?
(a) A cigar box.
(b) A fishing rod.
(c) A cigarette box.
(d) A helmut.
10. Who does Mr. Halliday talk to about Mrs. Wilcox's happiness?
(a) The maid.
(b) The valet.
(c) The cook.
(d) The footman.
11. What is the old lady reading in the parlor?
(a) The Christian Times.
(b) The New Age Observer.
(c) The Missionary Herald.
(d) The Guardian.
12. Which of the following activities did Mr. and Mrs. Richards used to do in the evening?
(a) Listen to the radio.
(b) Play chess.
(c) Read books.
(d) Barbecue ribs.
13. Which of the following people does Mrs. Richards say has twitted them?
(a) The Wilsons.
(b) The Wombles.
(c) The Christians.
(d) The Jeminas.
14. What does the narrator say the townfolk found the night after?
(a) Their tongues.
(b) Their love of life.
(c) Their dishonesty.
(d) Their hearts.
15. What does the stranger say he used to be?
(a) A bank manager.
(b) An alcoholic.
(c) A con artist.
(d) A gambler.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator say Mr. Richards plunges his hands through his hair like?
2. Where do Mr. And Mrs. Richards have to go to in the morning?
3. What does Mrs. Richards say is Mr. Goodson's one vanity?
4. What did the residents of Hadleyburg teach their babies in the cradle?
5. What kind of expression do the town folks' faces have at the end of the week?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)