|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does everyone run to?
(a) The bank.
(b) The townhall.
(c) The newspaper.
(d) The church.
2. Why couldn't Mr. Richards have been able to save Goodson from drowning?
(a) He is afraid of the water.
(b) There is no lakes in the town.
(c) He would have been at work.
(d) He can't swim.
3. What does the narrator say the townfolk found the night after?
(a) Their dishonesty.
(b) Their hearts.
(c) Their tongues.
(d) Their love of life.
4. Which of the following do the reporters make a picture of?
(a) The stranger.
(b) The war memorial.
(c) The public square.
(d) The public monument.
5. Where do the Hadleyburg residents claim their town is destined to live in forever under the word incorruptible?
(a) The encyclopedia.
(b) The dictionary.
(c) The national cook book.
(d) The theasaurus.
6. Where should the candidates appear at 8:00 in the evening on Friday?
(a) The town hall.
(b) The bell tower.
(c) The theater.
(d) The assembly hall.
7. What does the narrator say Mr. Richards plunges his hands through his hair like?
(a) A farmer.
(b) A hypnotist.
(c) A somnambulist.
(d) A butcher.
8. Why does Mrs. Richards think she and her husband deserve the money?
(a) They alway help other people.
(b) They will do good things with the money.
(c) They are old and poor.
(d) They have workerd hard all their lives.
9. What did Nancy Hewitt have a spoonful of in her veins?
(a) Negro blood.
(b) Indian blood.
(c) Mexican blood.
(d) Hispanic blood.
10. Who did the town end up charging?
11. What should the candidate hand to Rev. Burgess?
(a) A vial of blood.
(b) A reference letter.
(c) A prayer book.
(d) A sealed envelope.
12. What do Mr. Cox and Mr. Richards drag themselves home like?
(a) Mortally stricken men.
(b) Guilt stricken men.
(c) Love stricken men.
(d) Poverty strcken men.
13. How does Mr. Richards say he feels about helping the Reverend?
14. What do the Wilsons arrange?
(a) A dinner party.
(b) A fancy dress ball.
(c) A pillow fight.
(d) A sermon.
15. What did the residents of Hadleyburg keep out of the way of young people?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Cox's boss say Mr. Cox should not ship until he tells him?
2. Who does Mr. Stephenson send letters to?
3. Which of the following areas of America does the narrator not mention?
4. What happened to Nancy Hewitt?
5. Who does Mrs. Richard call Mr. Richards' friend?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)