Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following do the reporters not make a picture of?
(a) Mr. Richard's house.
(b) Mr. Cox's house.
(c) The bank.
(d) The sack.
2. What does Mrs. Richards say she has been all her life?
(a) A blowbug.
(b) A lightning bug.
(c) A humbug.
(d) A firebug.
3. Which of the following words best describes Pinkerton?
4. Where should the candidates appear at 8:00 in the evening on Friday?
(a) The assembly hall.
(b) The town hall.
(c) The theater.
(d) The bell tower.
5. Why can't the Wilcox's kittens be dead?
(a) They are still alive.
(b) The Wilcoxes would hold a funeral.
(c) The whole town would of heard about it.
(d) They were not born.
6. What does Mr. Richards want to do with the money?
(a) Burn it.
(b) Bury it.
(c) Throw it in the sea.
(d) Put it in the bank.
7. How does the author describe Hadleyburg?
(a) Spirited and funky.
(b) Hip and happening.
(c) Honest and upright.
(d) Fun and immoral.
8. What does the stranger say he used to be?
(a) A bank manager.
(b) A gambler.
(c) An alcoholic.
(d) A con artist.
9. What is Jack Halliday's job?
10. What do the Wilsons arrange?
(a) A pillow fight.
(b) A fancy dress ball.
(c) A dinner party.
(d) A sermon.
11. Which of the following words best describes Mr. and Mrs. Harkness' state of mind?
12. Who do the townspeople think helped the Reverend?
(b) The stranger.
13. What does the sack contain?
(b) $100 bills.
(c) $50 bills.
14. What do people keep handing the Reverend?
15. What do Mr. Cox and Mr. Richards drag themselves home like?
(a) Love stricken men.
(b) Guilt stricken men.
(c) Mortally stricken men.
(d) Poverty strcken men.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why couldn't Mr. Richards have been able to save Goodson from drowning?
2. Who does the stranger say is Goodson's legitimate heir?
3. Which of the following words best describes Jack Halliday?
4. What did the residents of Hadleyburg teach their babies in the cradle?
5. Where do the Hadleyburg residents claim their town is destined to live in forever under the word incorruptible?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)