|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the sack contain?
(a) $50 bills.
(c) $100 bills.
2. What kind of expression do the town folks' faces have at the end of the week?
(a) Holy happiness.
3. What do Mr. Cox and Mr. Richards drag themselves home like?
(a) Love stricken men.
(b) Poverty strcken men.
(c) Guilt stricken men.
(d) Mortally stricken men.
4. What does Mrs. Richards say it is no time for?
5. What does Halliday realize are not dead?
(a) The Wilcox's puppies.
(b) The Richards' chickens.
(c) The Cox's ducks.
(d) The Wilcox's kittens.
6. Where should the candidates appear at 8:00 in the evening on Friday?
(a) The town hall.
(b) The bell tower.
(c) The assembly hall.
(d) The theater.
7. Whose opinion does Mrs. Richards say she is now worried about?
(a) Barclay Gordon.
(b) James Anderson.
(c) Graeme Swann.
(d) Reverend Burgess.
8. Who does Mr. Halliday talk to about Mrs. Wilcox's happiness?
(a) The maid.
(b) The valet.
(c) The footman.
(d) The cook.
9. Whose comments does the narrator say became increasingly disagreeable?
(a) Mr. Richard's.
(c) The foreman's.
10. Which of the following do the reporters not make a picture of?
(a) The sack.
(b) Mr. Cox's house.
(c) Mr. Richard's house.
(d) The bank.
11. What is the name of the stranger who wrote the letter?
(a) Mr. Barrington.
(b) Mr. Laurel.
(c) Mr. Jakes.
(d) Mr. Stephenson.
12. Why does Mrs. Richards think she and her husband deserve the money?
(a) They have workerd hard all their lives.
(b) They alway help other people.
(c) They are old and poor.
(d) They will do good things with the money.
13. Which of the following areas of America does the narrator not mention?
(c) New York.
14. What happened to Nancy Hewitt?
(a) She died.
(b) She joined the marines.
(c) She fell in love with someone else.
(d) She ran away.
15. Complete the following sentence; "A proof once established is _________________."
(b) Better left so.
(c) A liability.
(d) The truth.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why can't the Wilcox's kittens be dead?
2. Which of the following do the reporters make a picture of?
3. What kind of fit does Mrs. Richards fall into as she feels the sack?
4. Why couldn't Mr. Richards have been able to save Goodson from drowning?
5. Why does Reverend Burgess like Mr. Richards?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)