|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Richards say she has been all her life?
(a) A firebug.
(b) A blowbug.
(c) A lightning bug.
(d) A humbug.
2. What does Jack Halliday say Mrs. Wilcox's cat has had?
(c) A seizure.
(d) A conversion.
3. What does Mr. Richards want to do with the money?
(a) Throw it in the sea.
(b) Bury it.
(c) Burn it.
(d) Put it in the bank.
4. Who does Mr. Richards think that Goodson despised?
5. What is the old lady reading in the parlor?
(a) The New Age Observer.
(b) The Christian Times.
(c) The Missionary Herald.
(d) The Guardian.
6. What is the paper's foreman the local representative of?
(a) The National Guards.
(b) The local government.
(c) The Associated Press.
(d) The Folk Music Association.
7. What is the whole village now doing in the evenings?
(a) Staying at home.
(b) Writing articles.
8. What does Mrs. Richards say it is no time for?
9. What is the name of the only other town that the narrator mentions?
10. What did the stranger decide he wanted to do to the town?
(a) Destroy it.
(b) Corrupt it.
(c) Help it.
(d) Islamize it.
11. What kind of fit does Mrs. Richards fall into as she feels the sack?
12. Why does Reverend Burgess like Mr. Richards?
(a) He made a big donation to the church.
(b) He helped him out.
(c) He is a regular at church.
(d) He fixed the Reverend's bicycle.
13. From what country has the stranger just arrived?
14. How did Mr. Richards help the Reverend?
(a) He gave him food.
(b) He lent him money.
(c) He hid him in his house.
(d) He got him out of town.
15. What does the narrator say Hadleyburg is known to most Americans as?
(a) Hadleyburg the Lovable.
(b) Hadleyberg the Discernable.
(c) Hadleyburg the Incorruptible.
(d) Hadleyburg the Disruptible.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Halliday realize has broken a leg?
2. Where does the stranger set down his sack in the cashier's house?
3. Which character does the narrator say always notices everything?
4. What does Mrs. Richards say she could do for joy?
5. Why does Mr. Richards say there is nothing to worry about regarding Reverend Burgess?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)