|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator say Mr. Richards plunges his hands through his hair like?
(a) A butcher.
(b) A hypnotist.
(c) A somnambulist.
(d) A farmer.
2. What is Jack Halliday's job?
3. What does Mr. Stephenson say the town is not worthy to kiss?
(a) Mrs. Richards' shoes.
(b) Mrs. Richards' shawl.
(c) Mr. Richards' garment.
(d) Mr. Richards' hat.
4. Where does the stranger set down his sack in the cashier's house?
(a) Behind the stove.
(b) On top of the wardrobe.
(c) Under the bed.
(d) Under the floorboards.
5. Where does everyone run to?
(a) The townhall.
(b) The church.
(c) The bank.
(d) The newspaper.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Goodson come close to marrying?
2. What does Mr. Richards want to tell the house that he does not have?
3. What does the gold sack stand on?
4. What does the narrator say Hadleyburg is known to most Americans as?
5. What is the name of the only other town that the narrator mentions?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)