|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who arrives to pick up the sack at 9:00 am?
(a) Mark Twain.
(b) Reverend Burgess.
(c) The stranger.
(d) Jack Halliday.
2. What does the narrator say the stranger stands up like?
(a) An English Earl.
(b) An American President.
(c) An Italian Count.
(d) A Cuban Communist.
3. What does Jack Halliday say Mrs. Wilcox's cat has had?
(a) A seizure.
(b) A conversion.
4. How does Mrs. Richards know the sack contains no notes?
(a) It is not bouncy enough.
(b) It is not small enough.
(c) It is not big enough.
(d) It is not soft enough.
5. What are the yellow coins made of?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Richards say it is dreadful to be?
2. What is Mr. Billson's middle name?
3. Why does the doctor say the town is distressed?
4. Who does Halliday realize has broken a leg?
5. What is Jack Halliday's job?
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)