|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who do the Richardses imagine is listening to them in the next room?
(a) Mr. Cox.
(b) The stranger.
(d) Their servant.
2. Who does Richards receive a letter from after throwing the money in the fire?
3. What does the stranger say he used to be?
(a) An alcoholic.
(b) A bank manager.
(c) A gambler.
(d) A con artist.
4. Complete the following sentence; "A proof once established is _________________."
(b) The truth.
(c) Better left so.
(d) A liability.
5. Which of the following areas of America does the narrator not mention?
(c) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Wilson say he thought had taken his note to a different place on his desk?
2. What does Mr. Richards state all things are?
3. What does Mr. Burgess take out of his pocket?
4. What is Jack Halliday's job?
5. How does Mr. Richards imagine Goodson tried to kill himself?
This section contains 179 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)