|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mr. Richards say he is going to resign from his position at the bank?
(a) With a note.
(b) With a servant.
(c) With a song.
(d) With a telegram.
2. Who do Mr. and Mrs. Richards think gave the stranger $20?
(a) Barclay Gordon.
(b) Yosser Hughes.
(c) Jack Smits.
(d) Hannah Goodwin.
3. What does Halliday pretend is a camera?
(a) A fishing rod.
(b) A helmut.
(c) A cigarette box.
(d) A cigar box.
4. What does Mr. Cox's boss say Mr. Cox should not ship until he tells him?
(a) The early mail.
(b) The evening news.
(c) The lunchtime news.
(d) The late mail.
5. What do Mr. Cox and Mr. Richards drag themselves home like?
(a) Poverty strcken men.
(b) Guilt stricken men.
(c) Love stricken men.
(d) Mortally stricken men.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the gold sack stand on?
2. From what country has the stranger just arrived?
3. What is the name of the Richards' servant?
4. Who does Mr. Richards say is not a bad man?
5. Why does the doctor say the town is distressed?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)