|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Mr. Richards say is not a bad man?
(a) Barclay Gorgon.
(b) Sheriff Jonson.
(c) Mayor Jacks.
(d) The Reverend Burgess.
2. What does the stranger say he wanted to damage?
(a) The town's vanity.
(b) The town's goodness.
(c) The town's pride.
(d) The town's unity.
3. Why does Mrs. Richards say she wants to be left alone?
(a) She is too fat.
(b) She is too happy.
(c) She is too miserable.
(d) She is too ill.
4. What does the narrator say the Richardses were about to learn?
(a) Money is everything,
(b) A sin is never forgotten.
(c) You cannot hide from the truth.
(d) A sin takes on new terrors.
5. Where does the stranger set down his sack in the cashier's house?
(a) Under the bed.
(b) Under the floorboards.
(c) On top of the wardrobe.
(d) Behind the stove.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following people does Mrs. Richards say has twitted them?
2. What do Mr. Cox and Mr. Richards drag themselves home like?
3. What does Mr. Wilson say he thought had taken his note to a different place on his desk?
4. What does Mr. Richards want to do with the money?
5. Who do the Richardses say the checks came from?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)