|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to Nancy Hewitt?
(a) She ran away.
(b) She fell in love with someone else.
(c) She died.
(d) She joined the marines.
2. Why does Mr. Richards not want to cash the checks?
(a) He thinks it is a trick.
(b) He does not need the money.
(c) He wants to make his peace with God.
(d) He feels too guilty.
3. What do the Richardses take as a sign of Sarah's guilt?
(a) Her anger.
(b) Her defensiveness.
(c) Her laugh.
(d) Her nerves.
4. What are the yellow coins made of?
5. Who laugh so hard that tears run down their cheeks?
(a) The reporters.
(b) The photographers.
(c) The working classes.
(d) The people from Brixton.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator say is quieting down?
2. What kind of expression do the town folks' faces have at the end of the week?
3. What does Mr. Stephenson write that the Richards' honesty is beyond the reach of?
4. Who does the stranger say is Goodson's legitimate heir?
5. How does Mr. Richards imagine Goodson tried to kill himself?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)