|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator say the stranger looks like?
(a) A dentist.
(b) A butcher.
(c) A thief.
(d) An amateur detective.
2. Whose comments does the narrator say became increasingly disagreeable?
(b) Mr. Richard's.
(d) The foreman's.
3. Complete the following sentence; "A proof once established is _________________."
(a) Better left so.
(b) A liability.
(d) The truth.
4. Who does Mrs. Richard call Mr. Richards' friend?
(a) Reverend Burgess.
(b) The stranger.
(c) Mr. Harkness.
(d) Barclay Gordon.
5. What does Mr. Cox's boss say Mr. Cox should not ship until he tells him?
(a) The early mail.
(b) The lunchtime news.
(c) The late mail.
(d) The evening news.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the residents of Hadleyburg keep out of the way of young people?
2. Which of the following do the reporters make a picture of?
3. Who does the Chair call forward to receive the money?
4. Which of the following words best describe the Richards' state of mind?
5. What should the candidate hand to Rev. Burgess?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)