|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why can't the Wilcox's kittens be dead?
(a) The whole town would of heard about it.
(b) They were not born.
(c) They are still alive.
(d) The Wilcoxes would hold a funeral.
2. Who does Wingate suggest they give the money to?
(a) Mr. Burgess.
(b) Mr. Halliday.
(c) Mr. Harkness.
(d) Mr. Richards.
3. What does Mr. Stephenson write that the Richards' honesty is beyond the reach of?
4. Where do the Hadleyburg residents claim their town is destined to live in forever under the word incorruptible?
(a) The national cook book.
(b) The dictionary.
(c) The theasaurus.
(d) The encyclopedia.
5. Who does Mr. Stephenson send letters to?
(a) The working class citizens.
(b) The principal citizens.
(c) The dishonest citizens.
(d) The loyal citizens.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where should the candidates appear at 8:00 in the evening on Friday?
2. Who do the townspeople think helped the Reverend?
3. What does the narrator say the stranger looks like?
4. Who does Mrs. Richard call Mr. Richards' friend?
5. Which of the following words best describes Mr. and Mrs. Harkness' state of mind?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)