|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mr. Thompson's occupation?
(a) A locksmith.
(b) A hatter.
(c) A blacksmith.
(d) A butcher.
2. What did Nancy Hewitt have a spoonful of in her veins?
(a) Hispanic blood.
(b) Negro blood.
(c) Mexican blood.
(d) Indian blood.
3. What does Mrs. Richards say her husband has never uttered?
(a) A blasphemy.
(b) A curse word.
(c) A lie.
(d) A truth.
4. What does Mr. Richards call the language in Burgess's note?
(b) Low brow.
(d) High brow.
5. Who is a puzzled man other than Jack Halliday?
(a) Murray Goodwin.
(b) The Mayor Snip.
(c) The Reverend Burgess.
(d) Mr. Pinkerton.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Mr. Richards help the Reverend?
2. What is written on the second envelope Burgess pulls out of the sack?
3. What does Jack Halliday say Mrs. Wilcox's cat has had?
4. Who does Mr. Richards send for?
5. Which of the following words best describes Jack Halliday?
This section contains 173 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)