|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the stranger say he wanted to damage?
(a) The town's vanity.
(b) The town's goodness.
(c) The town's unity.
(d) The town's pride.
2. Where does the stranger set down his sack in the cashier's house?
(a) Under the bed.
(b) On top of the wardrobe.
(c) Behind the stove.
(d) Under the floorboards.
3. What does Mr. Richards say it is dreadful to be?
4. Who does the stranger say is Goodson's legitimate heir?
(a) The Nightingales.
(c) The Richards.
5. What does the stranger say he used to be?
(a) An alcoholic.
(b) A con artist.
(c) A gambler.
(d) A bank manager.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Nancy Hewitt have a spoonful of in her veins?
2. What kind of honesty does Mrs. Richards say the town has trained them to think?
3. What kind of tone does the narrator say Mr. Cox speaks in when he says "What possessed you..."?
4. Who laugh so hard that tears run down their cheeks?
5. What did Goodson tell Richards to do when he tried to convert him?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)