|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following words best describes Jack Halliday?
(d) Fun loving.
2. What is the name of the stranger who wrote the letter?
(a) Mr. Jakes.
(b) Mr. Laurel.
(c) Mr. Barrington.
(d) Mr. Stephenson.
3. How does the author describe Hadleyburg?
(a) Hip and happening.
(b) Honest and upright.
(c) Fun and immoral.
(d) Spirited and funky.
4. Where does everyone run to?
(a) The bank.
(b) The townhall.
(c) The church.
(d) The newspaper.
5. What does Mr. Richards want to do with the money?
(a) Bury it.
(b) Burn it.
(c) Put it in the bank.
(d) Throw it in the sea.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mr. Richards not want to make the matter private?
2. What does the stranger say he received when he passed through Hadleyburg?
3. Whose is the fifth remark that the Chair reads?
4. Where does the stranger set down his sack in the cashier's house?
5. How does the house react to Mr. Wilson's speech?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)