|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the stranger say he received when he passed through Hadleyburg?
(b) A bottle of wine.
(c) A punch on the nose.
(d) A deep offense.
2. Why did Mr. Richards not tell his wife about the Reverend?
(a) She would of turned hysterical.
(b) She would have beat up the Reverend.
(c) She would have told the newspaper.
(d) Her face would have betrayed the secret.
3. Whose comments does the narrator say became increasingly disagreeable?
(a) Mr. Richard's.
(c) The foreman's.
4. Who does the Chair call forward to receive the money?
(a) Mr. Richards.
(b) Mr. Dark.
(c) Mr. Billson.
(d) Mr. Wilson.
5. What does the narrator say the stranger stands up like?
(a) A Cuban Communist.
(b) An English Earl.
(c) An American President.
(d) An Italian Count.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does Mrs. Richards use to describe the mentality of the town?
2. What tone of voice does the Tanner use to say that the money should be divided among the 18 incorruptibles?
3. Whose remark does Burgess open next?
4. Whose opinion does Mrs. Richards say she is now worried about?
5. What do Mr. Cox and Mr. Richards drag themselves home like?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)