|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Mr. Richards decide against saving the Reverend Burgess?
(a) Burgess deserved what he got.
(b) He did not have the pluck.
(c) He did not want to be unpopular.
(d) He was too lazy.
2. Why does Mrs. Richards think she and her husband deserve the money?
(a) They are old and poor.
(b) They alway help other people.
(c) They have workerd hard all their lives.
(d) They will do good things with the money.
3. What does Mrs. Richards say she has been all her life?
(a) A lightning bug.
(b) A firebug.
(c) A humbug.
(d) A blowbug.
4. What does Mr. Cox's boss say Mr. Cox should not ship until he tells him?
(a) The evening news.
(b) The lunchtime news.
(c) The early mail.
(d) The late mail.
5. Which of the following does Mrs. Richards use to describe the mentality of the town?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Halliday pretend is a camera?
2. What is Eliphalet's last name?
3. Who does Mr. Richards think that Goodson despised?
4. Where do the Hadleyburg residents claim their town is destined to live in forever under the word incorruptible?
5. Who does the Chair call forward to receive the money?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)