|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does Mrs. Richards use to describe the mentality of the town?
2. Who does the Reverend say wrote the first remark?
(a) Mr. Harkness.
(b) Mr. Pinkerton.
(c) Mr. Richards.
(d) Mr. Billson.
3. What does Mr. Richards want to tell the house that he does not have?
(d) A life.
4. Complete the following sentence; "When a man's afraid of a ................."?
(a) A pigeon.
(b) Beautiful maid.
(c) A noble woman.
(d) A small child.
5. Why couldn't Mr. Richards have been able to save Goodson from drowning?
(a) He is afraid of the water.
(b) He would have been at work.
(c) There is no lakes in the town.
(d) He can't swim.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is written on the second envelope Burgess pulls out of the sack?
2. What does Mr. Richards say the town has trained them to think?
3. Who do Mr. and Mrs. Richards think gave the stranger $20?
4. What is the name of the only other town that the narrator mentions?
5. Whose is the fourth remark that the Chair reads?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)