|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mr. Richards not want to make the matter private?
(a) It would spoil the romance.
(b) It would be dishonest.
(c) It would be no fun.
(d) The town shares everything.
2. Which of the following words best describes Pinkerton?
3. What word does the narrator say voices volley all over the house?
4. Whose comments does the narrator say became increasingly disagreeable?
(a) The foreman's.
(c) Mr. Richard's.
5. What is written on the second envelope Burgess pulls out of the sack?
(a) The light.
(c) The test.
(d) The riot.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is a puzzled man other than Jack Halliday?
2. Why did Mr. Richards not tell his wife about the Reverend?
3. What does the narrator say Burgess can hear?
4. How does the narrator describe the sides of the sack?
5. What does Jack Halliday say Mrs. Wilcox's cat has had?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)