|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Reverend Burgess like Mr. Richards?
(a) He fixed the Reverend's bicycle.
(b) He made a big donation to the church.
(c) He is a regular at church.
(d) He helped him out.
2. Which two characters sit in their parlor?
(a) Halliday and the foreman.
(b) Mr. and Mrs. Harkness.
(c) Mr. and Mrs. Cox.
(d) Mr. and Mrs. Richards.
3. Which of the following words best describes Jack Halliday?
(b) Fun loving.
4. Which of the following people does Mrs. Richards say has twitted them?
(a) The Wilsons.
(b) The Christians.
(c) The Jeminas.
(d) The Wombles.
5. What kind of honesty does Mrs. Richards say the town has trained them to think?
(a) Hateful honesty.
(b) Idealistic honesty.
(c) Artificial honesty.
(d) God's honesty.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the yellow coins made of?
2. Which of the following does Mrs. Richards use to describe the mentality of the town?
3. Who laugh so hard that tears run down their cheeks?
4. What does the narrator say Hadleyburg is known to most Americans as?
5. Which of the following words best describes Mr. and Mrs. Harkness' state of mind?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)