|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is a puzzled man other than Jack Halliday?
(a) Murray Goodwin.
(b) The Reverend Burgess.
(c) Mr. Pinkerton.
(d) The Mayor Snip.
2. Which of the following couples stands to speak?
(a) Mr. and Mrs. Laurel.
(b) Mr. and Mrs. Richards.
(c) Mr. and Mrs. Cox.
(d) Mr. and Mrs. Fields.
3. Why does Mr. Richards say he published the letter?
(a) It said publish it.
(b) He would have been found out.
(c) It was the honest thing to do.
(d) He wants to share the riches.
4. What should the candidate hand to Rev. Burgess?
(a) A reference letter.
(b) A sealed envelope.
(c) A prayer book.
(d) A vial of blood.
5. What is the whole village now doing in the evenings?
(a) Writing articles.
(d) Staying at home.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mr. Stephenson send letters to?
2. Who does Mr. Richards think that Goodson despised?
3. What did the stranger's plan light his head up with?
4. What does the narrator say Hadlyburg is vain beyond?
5. Who does the Reverend say wrote the first remark?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)