|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is a puzzled man other than Jack Halliday?
(a) The Mayor Snip.
(b) Murray Goodwin.
(c) Mr. Pinkerton.
(d) The Reverend Burgess.
2. Which of the following areas of America does the narrator not mention?
(c) New York.
3. What does Mr. Cox's boss say Mr. Cox should not ship until he tells him?
(a) The early mail.
(b) The evening news.
(c) The lunchtime news.
(d) The late mail.
4. Which two characters sit in their parlor?
(a) Mr. and Mrs. Cox.
(b) Mr. and Mrs. Harkness.
(c) Mr. and Mrs. Richards.
(d) Halliday and the foreman.
5. Where does the stranger say Goodson made the remark to him?
(a) Hale Alley.
(b) Utopia Alley.
(c) Berlin Alley.
(d) Didcot Alley.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following activities did Mr. and Mrs. Richards used to do in the evening?
2. What do the Wilsons arrange?
3. What did Goodson tell Richards to do when he tried to convert him?
4. Who do Mr. and Mrs. Richards think gave the stranger $20?
5. What kind of honesty does Mrs. Richards say the town has trained them to think?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)