|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Richards say her husband has never uttered?
(a) A lie.
(b) A blasphemy.
(c) A curse word.
(d) A truth.
2. Why does Mrs. Richards say she wants to be left alone?
(a) She is too happy.
(b) She is too ill.
(c) She is too fat.
(d) She is too miserable.
3. Where does everyone run to?
(a) The townhall.
(b) The church.
(c) The bank.
(d) The newspaper.
4. What does the sack contain?
(b) $100 bills.
(d) $50 bills.
5. Why can't the Wilcox's kittens be dead?
(a) They were not born.
(b) They are still alive.
(c) The Wilcoxes would hold a funeral.
(d) The whole town would of heard about it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following words best describes Pinkerton?
2. From what country has the stranger just arrived?
3. What should the candidate hand to Rev. Burgess?
4. Where does the stranger set down his sack in the cashier's house?
5. What is the old lady reading in the parlor?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)