|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator say the townfolk found the night after?
(a) Their dishonesty.
(b) Their tongues.
(c) Their love of life.
(d) Their hearts.
2. What is the name of the only other town that the narrator mentions?
3. Why does Mrs. Richards say they cannot find the right man?
(a) He is in another town.
(b) He is a higher force.
(c) He is a con artist.
(d) He is in his grave.
4. Which of the following areas of America does the narrator not mention?
(c) New York.
5. What is the whole village now doing in the evenings?
(a) Staying at home.
(b) Writing articles.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Richards say she could do for joy?
2. Who does Mrs. Richards say her husband is free of?
3. Why does Mr. Richards not want to make the matter private?
4. What did the residents of Hadleyburg keep out of the way of young people?
5. What did the residents of Hadleyburg teach their babies in the cradle?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)