|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who falls down in this chapter?
(a) Mr. Richard.
(b) Mr. Harkness.
(c) Mrs. Harkness.
(d) Mrs. Richards.
2. Who is the letter from?
(a) The President.
(b) The mayor.
(c) Another country.
(d) A distant state.
3. Which of the following areas of America does the narrator not mention?
(a) New York.
4. What does the narrator say the townfolk found the night after?
(a) Their love of life.
(b) Their hearts.
(c) Their dishonesty.
(d) Their tongues.
5. Who is a puzzled man other than Jack Halliday?
(a) The Reverend Burgess.
(b) The Mayor Snip.
(c) Murray Goodwin.
(d) Mr. Pinkerton.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Goodson come close to marrying?
2. What does the narrator say Hadlyburg is vain beyond?
3. Which of the following do the reporters not make a picture of?
4. Which of the following words best describes Mr. and Mrs. Harkness' state of mind?
5. Why does Mr. Richards not want to make the matter private?
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)