|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does Mrs. Richards use to describe the mentality of the town?
2. Why can't the Wilcox's kittens be dead?
(a) They are still alive.
(b) The Wilcoxes would hold a funeral.
(c) The whole town would of heard about it.
(d) They were not born.
3. Which character does the narrator say always notices everything?
(a) Reverend Burgess.
(b) Barclay Gordon.
(c) Jack Smitts.
(d) Jack Halliday.
4. Where does the stranger set down his sack in the cashier's house?
(a) Behind the stove.
(b) Under the floorboards.
(c) On top of the wardrobe.
(d) Under the bed.
5. Why can Mr. Richards not tell his wife how he helped Goodson?
(a) She would divorce him.
(b) It was against the law.
(c) She would laugh.
(d) He made a promise.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following words best describes Jack Halliday?
2. What does Mrs. Richards say it is no time for?
3. Where does Mr. Richards meet Mr. Cox?
4. Why does Mrs. Richards say they cannot find the right man?
5. Who does Mr. Richards think that Goodson despised?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)