|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Mrs. Richards worried will come at any moment?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her husband.
(c) A burglar.
(d) The stranger.
2. Why did Mr. Richards decide against saving the Reverend Burgess?
(a) Burgess deserved what he got.
(b) He was too lazy.
(c) He did not have the pluck.
(d) He did not want to be unpopular.
3. Who does Halliday realize has broken a leg?
(b) Mr. Harkness.
(c) Mr. Richard's
4. Where does everyone run to?
(a) The townhall.
(b) The church.
(c) The newspaper.
(d) The bank.
5. What does Mr. Cox's boss say Mr. Cox should not ship until he tells him?
(a) The lunchtime news.
(b) The evening news.
(c) The late mail.
(d) The early mail.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the stranger say he used to be?
2. Which of the following words best describes Mr. and Mrs. Harkness' state of mind?
3. Who falls down in this chapter?
4. What do people keep handing the Reverend?
5. Which of the following do the reporters make a picture of?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)