|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why can Mr. Richards not tell his wife how he helped Goodson?
(a) She would laugh.
(b) He made a promise.
(c) She would divorce him.
(d) It was against the law.
2. Why does Reverend Burgess like Mr. Richards?
(a) He helped him out.
(b) He fixed the Reverend's bicycle.
(c) He is a regular at church.
(d) He made a big donation to the church.
3. What do Mr. Cox and Mr. Richards drag themselves home like?
(a) Poverty strcken men.
(b) Love stricken men.
(c) Guilt stricken men.
(d) Mortally stricken men.
4. What does Jack Halliday say Mrs. Wilcox's cat has had?
(c) A seizure.
(d) A conversion.
5. Who does Mrs. Richard call Mr. Richards' friend?
(a) Mr. Harkness.
(b) Reverend Burgess.
(c) The stranger.
(d) Barclay Gordon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Halliday pretend is a camera?
2. What kind of expression do the town folks' faces have at the end of the week?
3. Who does the stranger say is Goodson's legitimate heir?
4. What kind of tone does the narrator say Mr. Cox speaks in when he says "What possessed you..."?
5. Who did the town end up charging?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)