|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Mr. Richards decide against saving the Reverend Burgess?
(a) He did not have the pluck.
(b) He was too lazy.
(c) He did not want to be unpopular.
(d) Burgess deserved what he got.
2. Which two characters sit in their parlor?
(a) Mr. and Mrs. Harkness.
(b) Mr. and Mrs. Richards.
(c) Mr. and Mrs. Cox.
(d) Halliday and the foreman.
3. Who is Mrs. Richards worried will come at any moment?
(a) Her husband.
(b) The stranger.
(c) A burglar.
(d) Her mother.
4. Which of the following do the reporters make a picture of?
(a) The public square.
(b) The war memorial.
(c) The stranger.
(d) The public monument.
5. What does Halliday pretend is a camera?
(a) A fishing rod.
(b) A helmut.
(c) A cigar box.
(d) A cigarette box.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of fit does Mrs. Richards fall into as she feels the sack?
2. What does the narrator say Hadleyburg is known to most Americans as?
3. Why does Mr. Richards say there is nothing to worry about regarding Reverend Burgess?
4. Where should the candidates appear at 8:00 in the evening on Friday?
5. Who falls down in this chapter?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)