|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what country has the stranger just arrived?
2. How does the narrator describe the sides of the sack?
3. Why did Mr. Richards decide against saving the Reverend Burgess?
(a) Burgess deserved what he got.
(b) He was too lazy.
(c) He did not want to be unpopular.
(d) He did not have the pluck.
4. Who does Mr. Richards think that Goodson despised?
5. Which character does the narrator say always notices everything?
(a) Jack Smitts.
(b) Reverend Burgess.
(c) Barclay Gordon.
(d) Jack Halliday.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do Mr. and Mrs. Richards think gave the stranger $20?
2. Complete the following sentence; "A proof once established is _________________."
3. Who is the letter from?
4. Which of the following words best describes Mr. and Mrs. Harkness' state of mind?
5. Which of the following words best describes Pinkerton?
This section contains 166 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)