|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why couldn't Mr. Richards have been able to save Goodson from drowning?
(a) He is afraid of the water.
(b) There is no lakes in the town.
(c) He would have been at work.
(d) He can't swim.
2. Why did Mr. Richards not tell his wife about the Reverend?
(a) Her face would have betrayed the secret.
(b) She would have beat up the Reverend.
(c) She would of turned hysterical.
(d) She would have told the newspaper.
3. What kind of expression do the town folks' faces have at the end of the week?
(b) Holy happiness.
4. Which of the following activities did Mr. and Mrs. Richards used to do in the evening?
(a) Listen to the radio.
(b) Barbecue ribs.
(c) Read books.
(d) Play chess.
5. What did the residents of Hadleyburg keep out of the way of young people?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mr. Halliday talk to about Mrs. Wilcox's happiness?
2. Who is Mrs. Richards worried will come at any moment?
3. Who did the town end up charging?
4. Why does Mr. Richards not want to make the matter private?
5. Who did Goodson come close to marrying?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)