|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Richards say the town has trained them to think?
2. Where does the stranger set down his sack in the cashier's house?
(a) Under the bed.
(b) On top of the wardrobe.
(c) Behind the stove.
(d) Under the floorboards.
3. Why does Mrs. Richards say she wants to be left alone?
(a) She is too ill.
(b) She is too fat.
(c) She is too miserable.
(d) She is too happy.
4. Which of the following people does Mrs. Richards say has twitted them?
(a) The Jeminas.
(b) The Wombles.
(c) The Christians.
(d) The Wilsons.
5. Who did Goodson come close to marrying?
(a) Denise Harkness.
(b) Nancy Hewitt.
(c) Lottie Regal.
(d) Rose Darwin.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the author describe Hadleyburg?
2. Why can Mr. Richards not tell his wife how he helped Goodson?
3. How does Mr. Richards say he feels about helping the Reverend?
4. What is the name of the stranger who wrote the letter?
5. What does the stranger say he used to be?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)