|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mr. Richards say there is nothing to worry about regarding Reverend Burgess?
(a) He does not care enough about life.
(b) He does not know he could have saved him.
(c) He has already forgiven them.
(d) He is a timid man.
2. Why did Mr. Richards decide against saving the Reverend Burgess?
(a) He was too lazy.
(b) He did not have the pluck.
(c) He did not want to be unpopular.
(d) Burgess deserved what he got.
3. What is the old lady reading in the parlor?
(a) The Missionary Herald.
(b) The Christian Times.
(c) The Guardian.
(d) The New Age Observer.
4. What does the narrator say Mr. Richards plunges his hands through his hair like?
(a) A farmer.
(b) A butcher.
(c) A hypnotist.
(d) A somnambulist.
5. What is Jack Halliday's job?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Richards say they cannot find the right man?
2. Who falls down in this chapter?
3. What does Mrs. Richards say is Mr. Goodson's one vanity?
4. What is the name of the only other town that the narrator mentions?
5. Which of the following words best describes Pinkerton?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)