|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the stranger's plan light his head up with?
(c) Evil joy.
(d) The luminosity of life.
2. Who falls down in this chapter?
(a) Mrs. Harkness.
(b) Mrs. Richards.
(c) Mr. Richard.
(d) Mr. Harkness.
3. Why does Mr. Richards say he published the letter?
(a) It said publish it.
(b) It was the honest thing to do.
(c) He would have been found out.
(d) He wants to share the riches.
4. What kind of tone does the narrator say Mr. Cox speaks in when he says "What possessed you..."?
5. Why does Mrs. Richards say she wants to be left alone?
(a) She is too miserable.
(b) She is too happy.
(c) She is too ill.
(d) She is too fat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the residents of Hadleyburg keep out of the way of young people?
2. Why does Mrs. Richards say they cannot find the right man?
3. Which of the following do the reporters make a picture of?
4. Complete the following sentence; "A proof once established is _________________."
5. What does Jack Halliday say Mrs. Wilcox's cat has had?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)