|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Richards say she has been all her life?
(a) A lightning bug.
(b) A humbug.
(c) A blowbug.
(d) A firebug.
2. What does the narrator say Mr. Richards plunges his hands through his hair like?
(a) A somnambulist.
(b) A hypnotist.
(c) A butcher.
(d) A farmer.
3. Who did Goodson come close to marrying?
(a) Rose Darwin.
(b) Denise Harkness.
(c) Nancy Hewitt.
(d) Lottie Regal.
4. How does Mr. Richards imagine Goodson tried to kill himself?
(a) By shooting himself.
(b) By slitting his wrists.
(c) By hanging himself.
(d) By drowning.
5. What does Mr. Richards want to do with the money?
(a) Throw it in the sea.
(b) Put it in the bank.
(c) Bury it.
(d) Burn it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Richards say the town has trained them to think?
2. How does the author describe Hadleyburg?
3. Why does Mrs. Richards say they cannot find the right man?
4. How does Mr. Richards say he feels about helping the Reverend?
5. Which of the following words best describes Mr. and Mrs. Harkness' state of mind?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)