|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator say Hadlyburg is vain beyond?
2. What does Mr. Cox's boss say Mr. Cox should not ship until he tells him?
(a) The evening news.
(b) The lunchtime news.
(c) The early mail.
(d) The late mail.
3. What is the name of the stranger who wrote the letter?
(a) Mr. Laurel.
(b) Mr. Barrington.
(c) Mr. Jakes.
(d) Mr. Stephenson.
4. Why does Mr. Richards say there is nothing to worry about regarding Reverend Burgess?
(a) He does not care enough about life.
(b) He is a timid man.
(c) He has already forgiven them.
(d) He does not know he could have saved him.
5. What kind of honesty does Mrs. Richards say the town has trained them to think?
(a) Hateful honesty.
(b) Idealistic honesty.
(c) Artificial honesty.
(d) God's honesty.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Richards say she could do for joy?
2. What is the old lady reading in the parlor?
3. What does the stranger say he used to be?
4. Which of the following activities did Mr. and Mrs. Richards used to do in the evening?
5. What does Mrs. Richards say it is no time for?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)