|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Richards say they cannot find the right man?
(a) He is in his grave.
(b) He is a higher force.
(c) He is in another town.
(d) He is a con artist.
2. Where does the stranger set down his sack in the cashier's house?
(a) On top of the wardrobe.
(b) Under the bed.
(c) Behind the stove.
(d) Under the floorboards.
3. What did the residents of Hadleyburg teach their babies in the cradle?
(a) The principles of Christianity.
(b) The principles of love.
(c) The principles of life.
(d) The principles of honest dealings.
4. What is the paper's foreman the local representative of?
(a) The Folk Music Association.
(b) The Associated Press.
(c) The local government.
(d) The National Guards.
5. Why does Mrs. Richards think she and her husband deserve the money?
(a) They are old and poor.
(b) They alway help other people.
(c) They will do good things with the money.
(d) They have workerd hard all their lives.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Richards say it is dreadful to be?
2. What is the old lady reading in the parlor?
3. What does Mr. Richards want to do with the money?
4. What did the stranger decide he wanted to do to the town?
5. What does Mr. Richards say the town has trained them to think?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)