|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Mr. Richards decide against saving the Reverend Burgess?
(a) Burgess deserved what he got.
(b) He was too lazy.
(c) He did not want to be unpopular.
(d) He did not have the pluck.
2. How does the author describe Hadleyburg?
(a) Honest and upright.
(b) Hip and happening.
(c) Spirited and funky.
(d) Fun and immoral.
3. Where should the candidates appear at 8:00 in the evening on Friday?
(a) The town hall.
(b) The bell tower.
(c) The theater.
(d) The assembly hall.
4. What does Mrs. Richards say she has been all her life?
(a) A lightning bug.
(b) A humbug.
(c) A blowbug.
(d) A firebug.
5. What kind of fit does Mrs. Richards fall into as she feels the sack?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Mr. Richards not tell his wife about the Reverend?
2. What is the old lady reading in the parlor?
3. Where do Mr. And Mrs. Richards have to go to in the morning?
4. What does Mr. Richards say it is dreadful to be?
5. What did the residents of Hadleyburg teach their babies in the cradle?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)