|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Mr. Richards decide against saving the Reverend Burgess?
(a) He did not have the pluck.
(b) He did not want to be unpopular.
(c) Burgess deserved what he got.
(d) He was too lazy.
2. What did the stranger's plan light his head up with?
(a) Evil joy.
(d) The luminosity of life.
3. What did the residents of Hadleyburg teach their babies in the cradle?
(a) The principles of honest dealings.
(b) The principles of Christianity.
(c) The principles of love.
(d) The principles of life.
4. What does Mrs. Richards say is Mr. Goodson's one vanity?
(a) He thinks his wife is the most beautiful.
(b) He thinks he has better hair.
(c) He thinks he is the town's most moral person.
(d) He thinks he gives better advice.
5. What do Mr. Cox and Mr. Richards drag themselves home like?
(a) Mortally stricken men.
(b) Poverty strcken men.
(c) Love stricken men.
(d) Guilt stricken men.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Richards say they cannot find the right man?
2. What is the paper's foreman the local representative of?
3. How did Mr. Richards help the Reverend?
4. Why does Mr. Richards say he published the letter?
5. How does Mr. Richards say he feels about helping the Reverend?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)