|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mr. Richards say he published the letter?
(a) It said publish it.
(b) It was the honest thing to do.
(c) He would have been found out.
(d) He wants to share the riches.
2. Who is Mrs. Richards worried will come at any moment?
(a) A burglar.
(b) The stranger.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her husband.
3. How does Mr. Richards say he feels about helping the Reverend?
4. Who does Mr. Richards say is not a bad man?
(a) Sheriff Jonson.
(b) The Reverend Burgess.
(c) Mayor Jacks.
(d) Barclay Gorgon.
5. Which of the following areas of America does the narrator not mention?
(d) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose opinion does Mrs. Richards say she is now worried about?
2. What does the narrator say Mr. Richards plunges his hands through his hair like?
3. How does the author describe Hadleyburg?
4. What is the old lady reading in the parlor?
5. What does Mr. Richards say the town has trained them to think?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)