|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Mr. And Mrs. Richards have to go to in the morning?
(a) The newspaper.
(b) The bank.
(c) The church.
(d) The town hall.
2. Which of the following areas of America does the narrator not mention?
(a) New York.
3. Who do Mr. and Mrs. Richards think gave the stranger $20?
(a) Hannah Goodwin.
(b) Yosser Hughes.
(c) Barclay Gordon.
(d) Jack Smits.
4. Why does Mrs. Richards say they cannot find the right man?
(a) He is in his grave.
(b) He is in another town.
(c) He is a con artist.
(d) He is a higher force.
5. What did the stranger's plan light his head up with?
(a) Evil joy.
(b) The luminosity of life.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mr. Richards say is not a bad man?
2. How does the author describe Hadleyburg?
3. Where should the candidates appear at 8:00 in the evening on Friday?
4. What should the candidate hand to Rev. Burgess?
5. Why does Mr. Richards say he published the letter?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)