|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the residents of Hadleyburg teach their babies in the cradle?
(a) The principles of love.
(b) The principles of honest dealings.
(c) The principles of Christianity.
(d) The principles of life.
2. What kind of tone does the narrator say Mr. Cox speaks in when he says "What possessed you..."?
3. Why does Mrs. Richards think she and her husband deserve the money?
(a) They are old and poor.
(b) They have workerd hard all their lives.
(c) They will do good things with the money.
(d) They alway help other people.
4. What does the sack contain?
(a) $50 bills.
(c) $100 bills.
5. What does Mr. Richards say he and is wife should remember?
(a) It was ordered.
(b) It was the nice thing.
(c) It was the right thing.
(d) It was the Christian thing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator say Hadleyburg is known to most Americans as?
2. Why did Mr. Richards not tell his wife about the Reverend?
3. Where should the candidates appear at 8:00 in the evening on Friday?
4. What did the stranger decide he wanted to do to the town?
5. What did the stranger's plan light his head up with?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)