|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who do the townspeople think helped the Reverend?
(c) The stranger.
2. Why does Mr. Richards say there is nothing to worry about regarding Reverend Burgess?
(a) He does not care enough about life.
(b) He has already forgiven them.
(c) He does not know he could have saved him.
(d) He is a timid man.
3. What did the residents of Hadleyburg teach their babies in the cradle?
(a) The principles of honest dealings.
(b) The principles of love.
(c) The principles of Christianity.
(d) The principles of life.
4. Where should the candidates appear at 8:00 in the evening on Friday?
(a) The bell tower.
(b) The theater.
(c) The town hall.
(d) The assembly hall.
5. What kind of tone does the narrator say Mr. Cox speaks in when he says "What possessed you..."?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the residents of Hadleyburg keep out of the way of young people?
2. What does Mr. Cox's boss say Mr. Cox should not ship until he tells him?
3. What does the stranger say he used to be?
4. Where does the stranger set down his sack in the cashier's house?
5. What is the old lady reading in the parlor?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)