|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the stranger's plan light his head up with?
(a) Evil joy.
(c) The luminosity of life.
2. Who is Mrs. Richards worried will come at any moment?
(a) Her husband.
(b) The stranger.
(c) Her mother.
(d) A burglar.
3. What does Mr. Richards want to do with the money?
(a) Put it in the bank.
(b) Burn it.
(c) Throw it in the sea.
(d) Bury it.
4. What is the old lady reading in the parlor?
(a) The New Age Observer.
(b) The Guardian.
(c) The Christian Times.
(d) The Missionary Herald.
5. Why does Mr. Richards not want to make the matter private?
(a) It would spoil the romance.
(b) The town shares everything.
(c) It would be dishonest.
(d) It would be no fun.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Richards say it is dreadful to be?
2. What does the narrator say Mr. Richards plunges his hands through his hair like?
3. What does Mrs. Richards say she has been all her life?
4. What is the paper's foreman the local representative of?
5. What kind of tone does the narrator say Mr. Cox speaks in when he says "What possessed you..."?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)