|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of tone does the narrator say Mr. Cox speaks in when he says "What possessed you..."?
2. What do Mr. Cox and Mr. Richards drag themselves home like?
(a) Poverty strcken men.
(b) Guilt stricken men.
(c) Love stricken men.
(d) Mortally stricken men.
3. Why did Mr. Richards decide against saving the Reverend Burgess?
(a) He did not want to be unpopular.
(b) He was too lazy.
(c) He did not have the pluck.
(d) Burgess deserved what he got.
4. What does Mrs. Richards say she has been all her life?
(a) A lightning bug.
(b) A humbug.
(c) A firebug.
(d) A blowbug.
5. How did Mr. Richards help the Reverend?
(a) He gave him food.
(b) He lent him money.
(c) He hid him in his house.
(d) He got him out of town.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the residents of Hadleyburg keep out of the way of young people?
2. Who do Mr. and Mrs. Richards think gave the stranger $20?
3. Where do Mr. And Mrs. Richards have to go to in the morning?
4. Which of the following areas of America does the narrator not mention?
5. What did the residents of Hadleyburg teach their babies in the cradle?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)