|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Reverend Burgess like Mr. Richards?
(a) He fixed the Reverend's bicycle.
(b) He helped him out.
(c) He made a big donation to the church.
(d) He is a regular at church.
2. How did Mr. Richards help the Reverend?
(a) He lent him money.
(b) He gave him food.
(c) He hid him in his house.
(d) He got him out of town.
3. What is the old lady reading in the parlor?
(a) The Christian Times.
(b) The Missionary Herald.
(c) The New Age Observer.
(d) The Guardian.
4. Who does Mrs. Richard call Mr. Richards' friend?
(a) Barclay Gordon.
(b) Reverend Burgess.
(c) The stranger.
(d) Mr. Harkness.
5. What does Mr. Richards say it is dreadful to be?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does Mrs. Richards use to describe the mentality of the town?
2. Who does Mr. Richards say is not a bad man?
3. What does the narrator say Hadleyburg is known to most Americans as?
4. Why does Mr. Richards say he published the letter?
5. Who do the townspeople think helped the Reverend?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)