|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mr. Richards say he published the letter?
(a) It said publish it.
(b) He would have been found out.
(c) It was the honest thing to do.
(d) He wants to share the riches.
2. How does the author describe Hadleyburg?
(a) Spirited and funky.
(b) Fun and immoral.
(c) Hip and happening.
(d) Honest and upright.
3. Where does Mr. Richards meet Mr. Cox?
(a) The newspaper office.
(b) The town hall.
(c) The church.
(d) The printing office.
4. Which of the following areas of America does the narrator not mention?
(d) New York.
5. What did the residents of Hadleyburg teach their babies in the cradle?
(a) The principles of life.
(b) The principles of honest dealings.
(c) The principles of Christianity.
(d) The principles of love.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of fit does Mrs. Richards fall into as she feels the sack?
2. What did the stranger's plan light his head up with?
3. What did the stranger decide he wanted to do to the town?
4. Where should the candidates appear at 8:00 in the evening on Friday?
5. What is the paper's foreman the local representative of?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)