|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Mr. Richards help the Reverend?
(a) He gave him food.
(b) He hid him in his house.
(c) He got him out of town.
(d) He lent him money.
2. Why did Mr. Richards not tell his wife about the Reverend?
(a) She would have beat up the Reverend.
(b) She would of turned hysterical.
(c) She would have told the newspaper.
(d) Her face would have betrayed the secret.
3. How does the author describe Hadleyburg?
(a) Fun and immoral.
(b) Hip and happening.
(c) Honest and upright.
(d) Spirited and funky.
4. What did the residents of Hadleyburg keep out of the way of young people?
5. What does Mr. Richards say he and is wife should remember?
(a) It was the nice thing.
(b) It was ordered.
(c) It was the right thing.
(d) It was the Christian thing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Mr. Richards decide against saving the Reverend Burgess?
2. Where does the stranger set down his sack in the cashier's house?
3. What does Mrs. Richards say is Mr. Goodson's one vanity?
4. What is the paper's foreman the local representative of?
5. Who do Mr. and Mrs. Richards think gave the stranger $20?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)