|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of tone does the narrator say Mr. Cox speaks in when he says "What possessed you..."?
2. What kind of fit does Mrs. Richards fall into as she feels the sack?
3. Who does Mrs. Richard call Mr. Richards' friend?
(a) Mr. Harkness.
(b) The stranger.
(c) Reverend Burgess.
(d) Barclay Gordon.
4. Where does the stranger set down his sack in the cashier's house?
(a) Under the floorboards.
(b) On top of the wardrobe.
(c) Behind the stove.
(d) Under the bed.
5. What does Mr. Richards want to do with the money?
(a) Burn it.
(b) Throw it in the sea.
(c) Bury it.
(d) Put it in the bank.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mr. Richards say is not a bad man?
2. Why does Mrs. Richards think she and her husband deserve the money?
3. Whose opinion does Mrs. Richards say she is now worried about?
4. What does the stranger say he used to be?
5. Which of the following areas of America does the narrator not mention?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)