|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Richards want to do with the money?
(a) Burn it.
(b) Put it in the bank.
(c) Bury it.
(d) Throw it in the sea.
2. Where does Mr. Richards meet Mr. Cox?
(a) The church.
(b) The printing office.
(c) The newspaper office.
(d) The town hall.
3. Why did Mr. Richards not tell his wife about the Reverend?
(a) Her face would have betrayed the secret.
(b) She would have beat up the Reverend.
(c) She would have told the newspaper.
(d) She would of turned hysterical.
4. Which of the following does Mrs. Richards use to describe the mentality of the town?
5. What did the residents of Hadleyburg teach their babies in the cradle?
(a) The principles of love.
(b) The principles of life.
(c) The principles of honest dealings.
(d) The principles of Christianity.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mr. Richards not want to make the matter private?
2. What did the stranger's plan light his head up with?
3. Where does the stranger set down his sack in the cashier's house?
4. What does Mrs. Richards say is Mr. Goodson's one vanity?
5. What kind of fit does Mrs. Richards fall into as she feels the sack?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)