|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the residents of Hadleyburg keep out of the way of young people?
2. Why does Mr. Richards say there is nothing to worry about regarding Reverend Burgess?
(a) He has already forgiven them.
(b) He is a timid man.
(c) He does not know he could have saved him.
(d) He does not care enough about life.
3. Which of the following areas of America does the narrator not mention?
(d) New York.
4. Where does Mr. Richards meet Mr. Cox?
(a) The church.
(b) The newspaper office.
(c) The printing office.
(d) The town hall.
5. What does the narrator say Mr. Richards plunges his hands through his hair like?
(a) A hypnotist.
(b) A farmer.
(c) A butcher.
(d) A somnambulist.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mr. Richards not want to make the matter private?
2. How did Mr. Richards help the Reverend?
3. How does Mr. Richards say he feels about helping the Reverend?
4. Who do Mr. and Mrs. Richards think gave the stranger $20?
5. Why does Mr. Richards say he published the letter?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)