|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the stranger say he used to be?
(a) A bank manager.
(b) A gambler.
(c) A con artist.
(d) An alcoholic.
2. What does the sack contain?
(a) $50 bills.
(b) $100 bills.
3. Who is Mrs. Richards worried will come at any moment?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her husband.
(c) A burglar.
(d) The stranger.
4. What kind of tone does the narrator say Mr. Cox speaks in when he says "What possessed you..."?
5. What is the old lady reading in the parlor?
(a) The Guardian.
(b) The Christian Times.
(c) The Missionary Herald.
(d) The New Age Observer.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the author describe Hadleyburg?
2. What does Mr. Richards say it is dreadful to be?
3. What does Mr. Richards say the town has trained them to think?
4. What kind of fit does Mrs. Richards fall into as she feels the sack?
5. What does Mrs. Richards say she has been all her life?
This section contains 175 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)