|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does Mrs. Richards use to describe the mentality of the town?
2. What kind of tone does the narrator say Mr. Cox speaks in when he says "What possessed you..."?
3. Why does Mrs. Richards think she and her husband deserve the money?
(a) They alway help other people.
(b) They have workerd hard all their lives.
(c) They will do good things with the money.
(d) They are old and poor.
4. What does Mr. Richards want to do with the money?
(a) Burn it.
(b) Throw it in the sea.
(c) Bury it.
(d) Put it in the bank.
5. Why does Mr. Richards say he published the letter?
(a) He wants to share the riches.
(b) He would have been found out.
(c) It said publish it.
(d) It was the honest thing to do.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following areas of America does the narrator not mention?
2. How does the narrator describe the sides of the sack?
3. Who do the townspeople think helped the Reverend?
4. What is the old lady reading in the parlor?
5. How does the author describe Hadleyburg?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)