|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Mr. Richards not tell his wife about the Reverend?
(a) She would of turned hysterical.
(b) She would have beat up the Reverend.
(c) Her face would have betrayed the secret.
(d) She would have told the newspaper.
2. What kind of honesty does Mrs. Richards say the town has trained them to think?
(a) Idealistic honesty.
(b) Hateful honesty.
(c) Artificial honesty.
(d) God's honesty.
3. Why does Reverend Burgess like Mr. Richards?
(a) He made a big donation to the church.
(b) He is a regular at church.
(c) He fixed the Reverend's bicycle.
(d) He helped him out.
4. Who does Mr. Richards say is not a bad man?
(a) Barclay Gorgon.
(b) Sheriff Jonson.
(c) Mayor Jacks.
(d) The Reverend Burgess.
5. Who is Mrs. Richards worried will come at any moment?
(a) The stranger.
(b) Her husband.
(c) Her mother.
(d) A burglar.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the sack contain?
2. What did the stranger's plan light his head up with?
3. What did the residents of Hadleyburg keep out of the way of young people?
4. What does the narrator say Hadleyburg is known to most Americans as?
5. Whose opinion does Mrs. Richards say she is now worried about?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)