|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Cox's boss say Mr. Cox should not ship until he tells him?
(a) The late mail.
(b) The evening news.
(c) The lunchtime news.
(d) The early mail.
2. Who does Mr. Richards say is not a bad man?
(a) Mayor Jacks.
(b) Sheriff Jonson.
(c) The Reverend Burgess.
(d) Barclay Gorgon.
3. Why does Mrs. Richards say they cannot find the right man?
(a) He is in another town.
(b) He is a higher force.
(c) He is in his grave.
(d) He is a con artist.
4. Which of the following areas of America does the narrator not mention?
(a) New York.
5. Who does Mrs. Richard call Mr. Richards' friend?
(a) Reverend Burgess.
(b) Barclay Gordon.
(c) Mr. Harkness.
(d) The stranger.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Richards say he and is wife should remember?
2. What does Mr. Richards want to do with the money?
3. What does the narrator say Hadleyburg is known to most Americans as?
4. What does Mrs. Richards say she has been all her life?
5. Why does Mrs. Richards think she and her husband deserve the money?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)