|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where should the candidates appear at 8:00 in the evening on Friday?
(a) The bell tower.
(b) The town hall.
(c) The assembly hall.
(d) The theater.
2. Why does Reverend Burgess like Mr. Richards?
(a) He is a regular at church.
(b) He made a big donation to the church.
(c) He fixed the Reverend's bicycle.
(d) He helped him out.
3. What should the candidate hand to Rev. Burgess?
(a) A vial of blood.
(b) A prayer book.
(c) A sealed envelope.
(d) A reference letter.
4. Where does the stranger set down his sack in the cashier's house?
(a) Under the floorboards.
(b) On top of the wardrobe.
(c) Behind the stove.
(d) Under the bed.
5. What does the narrator say Hadleyburg is known to most Americans as?
(a) Hadleyburg the Lovable.
(b) Hadleyburg the Incorruptible.
(c) Hadleyburg the Disruptible.
(d) Hadleyberg the Discernable.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the narrator describe the sides of the sack?
2. Why does Mr. Richards say there is nothing to worry about regarding Reverend Burgess?
3. Which of the following areas of America does the narrator not mention?
4. What did the stranger's plan light his head up with?
5. What kind of honesty does Mrs. Richards say the town has trained them to think?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)