|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where should the candidates appear at 8:00 in the evening on Friday?
(a) The bell tower.
(b) The town hall.
(c) The theater.
(d) The assembly hall.
2. What did the residents of Hadleyburg keep out of the way of young people?
3. Why does Mrs. Richards say they cannot find the right man?
(a) He is a con artist.
(b) He is in another town.
(c) He is a higher force.
(d) He is in his grave.
4. What does Mr. Cox's boss say Mr. Cox should not ship until he tells him?
(a) The late mail.
(b) The evening news.
(c) The lunchtime news.
(d) The early mail.
5. What does Mrs. Richards say is Mr. Goodson's one vanity?
(a) He thinks he gives better advice.
(b) He thinks he has better hair.
(c) He thinks he is the town's most moral person.
(d) He thinks his wife is the most beautiful.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Mr. And Mrs. Richards have to go to in the morning?
2. What kind of tone does the narrator say Mr. Cox speaks in when he says "What possessed you..."?
3. Why does Mrs. Richards think she and her husband deserve the money?
4. Which of the following areas of America does the narrator not mention?
5. Why did Mr. Richards not tell his wife about the Reverend?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)