|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following areas of America does the narrator not mention?
(c) New York.
2. Who does Mrs. Richard call Mr. Richards' friend?
(a) The stranger.
(b) Barclay Gordon.
(c) Mr. Harkness.
(d) Reverend Burgess.
3. What did the stranger decide he wanted to do to the town?
(a) Help it.
(b) Corrupt it.
(c) Destroy it.
(d) Islamize it.
4. What kind of tone does the narrator say Mr. Cox speaks in when he says "What possessed you..."?
5. Why does Mr. Richards say he published the letter?
(a) He wants to share the riches.
(b) It said publish it.
(c) He would have been found out.
(d) It was the honest thing to do.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the stranger set down his sack in the cashier's house?
2. What is the paper's foreman the local representative of?
3. What did the stranger's plan light his head up with?
4. What does the stranger say he used to be?
5. What does the narrator say Mr. Richards plunges his hands through his hair like?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)