|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word does the narrator say voices volley all over the house?
2. For whom was Mr. Richards going to plead?
(a) The stranger.
(c) The town.
(d) The other men.
3. Where do Mr. And Mrs. Richards have to go to in the morning?
(a) The town hall.
(b) The church.
(c) The bank.
(d) The newspaper.
4. Who talks to the stranger in private?
(a) Mr. Cox.
(b) Mr. Richards.
(c) Mr. Harkness.
(d) Reverend Burgess.
5. What is written on the second envelope Burgess pulls out of the sack?
(a) The light.
(c) The test.
(d) The riot.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following areas of America does the narrator not mention?
2. Who does Mr. Richards say is not a bad man?
3. Who does Mrs. Richards say her husband is free of?
4. Where does the stranger set down his sack in the cashier's house?
5. Who does Mr. Stephenson send letters to?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)