|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the doctor say the town is distressed?
(a) The Richardses were the town's last two honest people.
(b) The Richardses have burned their money.
(c) The Richardses have threatened to kill themselves.
(d) The Richardses have contracted a contagious disease.
2. What does Mr. Richards say he wishes he was?
3. From what country has the stranger just arrived?
4. Who are the checks made out to?
5. Who is Mrs. Richards worried will come at any moment?
(a) A burglar.
(b) Her mother.
(c) The stranger.
(d) Her husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the stranger take the sack?
2. What does the narrator say the Richardses were about to learn?
3. What does Mr. Richards say it is dreadful to be?
4. What does the sack contain?
5. Who do the Richardses imagine is listening to them in the next room?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)