|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Mr. Richards decide against saving the Reverend Burgess?
(a) He was too lazy.
(b) He did not have the pluck.
(c) He did not want to be unpopular.
(d) Burgess deserved what he got.
2. Who does Richards receive a letter from after throwing the money in the fire?
3. What does the narrator say the townfolk found the night after?
(a) Their hearts.
(b) Their love of life.
(c) Their dishonesty.
(d) Their tongues.
4. What happened to Nancy Hewitt?
(a) She ran away.
(b) She died.
(c) She fell in love with someone else.
(d) She joined the marines.
5. Which of the following words best describes Pinkerton?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which two characters sit in their parlor?
2. What does Mrs. Richards say her husband has never uttered?
3. What does Mr. Richards want to tell the house that he does not have?
4. Who does Mrs. Richard call Mr. Richards' friend?
5. Who does Halliday realize has broken a leg?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)