|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose comments does the narrator say became increasingly disagreeable?
(a) Mr. Richard's.
(d) The foreman's.
2. What does the narrator say the stranger looks like?
(a) A thief.
(b) An amateur detective.
(c) A butcher.
(d) A dentist.
3. Why does Mr. Richards not want to cash the checks?
(a) He does not need the money.
(b) He wants to make his peace with God.
(c) He feels too guilty.
(d) He thinks it is a trick.
4. What should the candidate hand to Rev. Burgess?
(a) A prayer book.
(b) A reference letter.
(c) A vial of blood.
(d) A sealed envelope.
5. What does the narrator say is quieting down?
(a) The countrywide publicity.
(b) The Richards' consciences.
(c) Halliday's singing.
(d) The town's anger.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Mr. Richards tell his wife to put the checks?
2. What did the residents of Hadleyburg teach their babies in the cradle?
3. Whose is the fifth remark that the Chair reads?
4. What kind of fit does Mrs. Richards fall into as she feels the sack?
5. What will the stranger have to do to catch Hadleyburg napping again?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)