|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the whole village now doing in the evenings?
(a) Writing articles.
(d) Staying at home.
2. What does the narrator say Hadlyburg is vain beyond?
3. Who do the Richardses see on the way home?
(a) Mr. Cox.
(b) The stranger.
(c) Reverend Burgess.
(d) Mr. Halliday.
4. With what does Mr. Wilson charge Mr. Burgess?
(d) Pilfering his note.
5. Who do the Richardses say the checks came from?
(d) The stranger.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the Reverend say wrote the first remark?
2. Which of the following words best describes Pinkerton?
3. What does Mr. Richards say he has walked into?
4. Who does Mr. Richards say is not a bad man?
5. What is written on the second envelope Burgess pulls out of the sack?
This section contains 163 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)