|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character does the narrator say always notices everything?
(a) Reverend Burgess.
(b) Jack Smitts.
(c) Barclay Gordon.
(d) Jack Halliday.
2. What does Mr. Richards ask his wife to do to him?
(a) Fan him.
(b) Kick him.
(c) Slap him.
(d) Kiss him.
3. How does Mr. Richards say he is going to resign from his position at the bank?
(a) With a telegram.
(b) With a song.
(c) With a note.
(d) With a servant.
4. What is the name of the stranger who wrote the letter?
(a) Mr. Jakes.
(b) Mr. Laurel.
(c) Mr. Stephenson.
(d) Mr. Barrington.
5. How does the house react to Mr. Wilson's speech?
(a) They boo.
(b) They applaud.
(c) They cheer.
(d) They sing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of expression do the town folks' faces have at the end of the week?
2. Where does the stranger set down his sack in the cashier's house?
3. Which of the following activities did Mr. and Mrs. Richards used to do in the evening?
4. Which of the following words best describes Jack Halliday?
5. Who arrives to pick up the sack at 9:00 am?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)