|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who interrupts the hatter?
(a) The tanner.
(b) The baker.
(c) The blacksmith.
(d) The butcher.
2. Who talks to the stranger in private?
(a) Mr. Richards.
(b) Reverend Burgess.
(c) Mr. Harkness.
(d) Mr. Cox.
3. For whom was Mr. Richards going to plead?
(a) The town.
(b) The other men.
(d) The stranger.
4. What does the narrator say is quieting down?
(a) The countrywide publicity.
(b) Halliday's singing.
(c) The town's anger.
(d) The Richards' consciences.
5. Who are the checks made out to?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Mr. Richards decide against saving the Reverend Burgess?
2. What do the Richardses take as a sign of Sarah's guilt?
3. Why does Mr. Wilson say he has stood up?
4. Who do the Richardses say the checks came from?
5. Which character does the narrator say always notices everything?
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)