|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the letter from?
(a) The President.
(b) The mayor.
(c) A distant state.
(d) Another country.
2. What does the narrator say the townfolk found the night after?
(a) Their dishonesty.
(b) Their tongues.
(c) Their hearts.
(d) Their love of life.
3. Why did Mr. Richards decide against saving the Reverend Burgess?
(a) He was too lazy.
(b) He did not want to be unpopular.
(c) He did not have the pluck.
(d) Burgess deserved what he got.
4. How does Mr. Richards imagine Goodson tried to kill himself?
(a) By drowning.
(b) By hanging himself.
(c) By slitting his wrists.
(d) By shooting himself.
5. Which of the following do the reporters make a picture of?
(a) The public monument.
(b) The war memorial.
(c) The public square.
(d) The stranger.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following words best describes Jack Halliday?
2. What does the stranger say he received when he passed through Hadleyburg?
3. Which of the following people does Mrs. Richards say has twitted them?
4. Whose is the fifth remark that the Chair reads?
5. What is the paper's foreman the local representative of?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)