|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following words best describes Mr. and Mrs. Harkness' state of mind?
2. Why couldn't Mr. Richards have been able to save Goodson from drowning?
(a) He can't swim.
(b) There is no lakes in the town.
(c) He is afraid of the water.
(d) He would have been at work.
3. What does the narrator say Burgess can hear?
(a) His toe nails.
(b) The mice.
(c) The rats.
(d) His microbes.
4. What is the name of the stranger who wrote the letter?
(a) Mr. Stephenson.
(b) Mr. Jakes.
(c) Mr. Laurel.
(d) Mr. Barrington.
5. What does Mrs. Richards say she could do for joy?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mr. Richards say is not a bad man?
2. What do the Wilsons arrange?
3. Why did Mr. Richards decide against saving the Reverend Burgess?
4. Why does Mr. Richards not want to make the matter private?
5. What does Mr. Richards say he and is wife should remember?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)