|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mr. Wilson say he has stood up?
(a) He wants to see better.
(b) He wants to leave.
(c) He wrote the remark.
(d) He wants to make a speech.
2. What kind of tone does the narrator say Mr. Cox speaks in when he says "What possessed you..."?
3. What does Mr. Richards say the town has trained them to think?
4. What do Mr. Cox and Mr. Richards drag themselves home like?
(a) Guilt stricken men.
(b) Mortally stricken men.
(c) Love stricken men.
(d) Poverty strcken men.
5. What should the candidate hand to Rev. Burgess?
(a) A vial of blood.
(b) A reference letter.
(c) A sealed envelope.
(d) A prayer book.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator say Hadleyburg is known to most Americans as?
2. What is the name of the only other town that the narrator mentions?
3. Why couldn't Mr. Richards have been able to save Goodson from drowning?
4. Who did Goodson come close to marrying?
5. Where does the stranger set down his sack in the cashier's house?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)