|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why can't the Wilcox's kittens be dead?
(a) They are still alive.
(b) They were not born.
(c) The whole town would of heard about it.
(d) The Wilcoxes would hold a funeral.
2. What does the stranger say he received when he passed through Hadleyburg?
(a) A deep offense.
(b) A punch on the nose.
(c) A bottle of wine.
3. What is the old lady reading in the parlor?
(a) The Missionary Herald.
(b) The Guardian.
(c) The Christian Times.
(d) The New Age Observer.
4. Why can Mr. Richards not tell his wife how he helped Goodson?
(a) She would laugh.
(b) He made a promise.
(c) It was against the law.
(d) She would divorce him.
5. Why does Mrs. Richards say she wants to be left alone?
(a) She is too miserable.
(b) She is too happy.
(c) She is too ill.
(d) She is too fat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Eliphalet's last name?
2. What does the narrator say Mr. Richards plunges his hands through his hair like?
3. What does the narrator say Hadlyburg is vain beyond?
4. What word does the narrator say voices volley all over the house?
5. What does Mr. Richards say the town has trained them to think?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)