|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Chair say he cannot allow Mr. Richards to do?
(a) Give a speech.
(b) Leave the townhall.
(c) Plead for the men.
(d) Take the money.
2. Why did Mr. Richards not tell his wife about the Reverend?
(a) She would have told the newspaper.
(b) Her face would have betrayed the secret.
(c) She would have beat up the Reverend.
(d) She would of turned hysterical.
3. What does the stranger say he wanted to damage?
(a) The town's vanity.
(b) The town's unity.
(c) The town's pride.
(d) The town's goodness.
4. What does Mr. Richards say he and is wife should remember?
(a) It was the Christian thing.
(b) It was the nice thing.
(c) It was the right thing.
(d) It was ordered.
5. Who laugh so hard that tears run down their cheeks?
(a) The photographers.
(b) The working classes.
(c) The reporters.
(d) The people from Brixton.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Jack Halliday's job?
2. What did the residents of Hadleyburg keep out of the way of young people?
3. Who is a puzzled man other than Jack Halliday?
4. What word is the difference between Wilson and Billson's note?
5. What does the narrator say Hadlyburg is vain beyond?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)