|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the residents of Hadleyburg keep out of the way of young people?
2. Why does Mr. Richards not want to make the matter private?
(a) The town shares everything.
(b) It would spoil the romance.
(c) It would be dishonest.
(d) It would be no fun.
3. What does the narrator say the stranger stands up like?
(a) An English Earl.
(b) An American President.
(c) A Cuban Communist.
(d) An Italian Count.
4. What does the narrator say Burgess can hear?
(a) His toe nails.
(b) The mice.
(c) His microbes.
(d) The rats.
5. What does the stranger say he wanted to damage?
(a) The town's goodness.
(b) The town's vanity.
(c) The town's pride.
(d) The town's unity.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does everyone run to?
2. Where does the stranger say Goodson made the remark to him?
3. What does the narrator say the stranger looks like?
4. Who does Mrs. Richard call Mr. Richards' friend?
5. What does Mr. Richards say it is dreadful to be?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)