|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the paper's foreman the local representative of?
(a) The local government.
(b) The Associated Press.
(c) The National Guards.
(d) The Folk Music Association.
2. Why couldn't Mr. Richards have been able to save Goodson from drowning?
(a) He can't swim.
(b) He is afraid of the water.
(c) There is no lakes in the town.
(d) He would have been at work.
3. Why does Mr. Richards say there is nothing to worry about regarding Reverend Burgess?
(a) He has already forgiven them.
(b) He does not care enough about life.
(c) He does not know he could have saved him.
(d) He is a timid man.
4. What does Mrs. Richards say she has been all her life?
(a) A lightning bug.
(b) A humbug.
(c) A blowbug.
(d) A firebug.
5. Which of the following activities did Mr. and Mrs. Richards used to do in the evening?
(a) Read books.
(b) Listen to the radio.
(c) Barbecue ribs.
(d) Play chess.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of tone does the narrator say Mr. Cox speaks in when he says "What possessed you..."?
2. How does Mr. Richards say he feels about helping the Reverend?
3. What does Halliday realize are not dead?
4. Which of the following words best describes Jack Halliday?
5. Who do Mr. and Mrs. Richards think gave the stranger $20?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)