|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Richards say it is dreadful to be?
2. Why did Mr. Richards decide against saving the Reverend Burgess?
(a) He did not have the pluck.
(b) He did not want to be unpopular.
(c) He was too lazy.
(d) Burgess deserved what he got.
3. Who do Mr. and Mrs. Richards think gave the stranger $20?
(a) Hannah Goodwin.
(b) Barclay Gordon.
(c) Yosser Hughes.
(d) Jack Smits.
4. Who is Mrs. Richards worried will come at any moment?
(a) Her mother.
(b) The stranger.
(c) A burglar.
(d) Her husband.
5. Complete the following sentence; "When a man's afraid of a ................."?
(a) A small child.
(b) A noble woman.
(c) A pigeon.
(d) Beautiful maid.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character does the narrator say always notices everything?
2. What does Mrs. Richards say it is no time for?
3. What does Mr. Cox's boss say Mr. Cox should not ship until he tells him?
4. What does Mrs. Richards say she has been all her life?
5. What is written on the second envelope Burgess pulls out of the sack?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)