|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book V.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Augustine get in trouble?
(a) He is angry with his father.
(b) He follows his friends who are smarter than he.
(c) He has no discipline.
(d) He believes he deserves a better life.
2. How long as Augustine been a member of the Manichean sect when he is 29?
(a) 1 year.
(b) 19 years.
(c) 3 years.
(d) 9 years.
3. What do the Manicheans believe when one their "Elect" digest food gifts?
(a) Angels or spirits are released to the Manichean's benefit.
(b) The gift is transmuted into divine energy.
(c) The gifts' energy feeds the universe.
(d) The Elect move forward on the wheel of time.
4. What about Augustine are both of his parents proud?
(a) His wit.
(b) His kindness.
(c) His appeal to women.
(d) His intellect.
5. What is Augustine's position in his circle of friends?
(a) A leader.
(b) A follower.
(c) He is a loner.
(d) Someone on the fringes.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Augustine believe a person starts sinning?
2. Why do Augustine and his friends steal a pear?
3. For what is there always a rationale?
4. What sort of philosophy does Augustine have?
5. What is one of Augustine's future struggles in life?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)