|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How could Augustine's "journey" be categorized?
(a) From prison to ruling a country.
(b) From riches to rags.
(c) From one of being a sinful youth to becoming a great investigator of the truth and of the nature of God.
(d) From rags to riches.
2. What does Augustine feel when he reads of Zeus engaging in fornication and being powerful?
(a) Curious as to why a god would do that.
(c) He wants to do these deeds.
3. What does Augustine fear that the pagan myths that he learned studying literature led to?
(a) Being unable to pray for years.
(b) His personal corruption.
(c) A lack of faith in the true God.
(d) A slovenly attitude towards studying.
4. What is Augustine's native language?
5. Besides thievery, in what is Augustine involved?
(c) Cheating on his exams.
Short Answer Questions
1. At one point, what does Augustine believe about evil?
2. How would you characterize Augustine in this Book?
3. On what does Augustine eventually blame his actions?
4. Why does Augustine write the confessions?
5. What drives Augustine farther away from thoughts of God?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)