|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book XI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Fautus?
(a) The Pope's Secretary.
(b) A character in a play by Cicero.
(c) Archbishop of Carthage.
(d) Bishop of the Manicheans.
2. What is a flaw in the book in number 70?
(a) It uses poor logic.
(b) It has only one premise and no synthesis.
(c) It ignores the possibility of God's existence.
(d) It's thesis is flawed.
3. What does Augustine refuse?
(a) His mother's suggestion that he leave Carthage.
(b) His best friend's position at the college.
(c) A woman's offer of marriage.
(d) Animal sacrifice for help.
4. What is Augustine's native language?
5. Why do Augustine and his friends steal a pear?
(a) Because they are hungry students.
(b) For the pure pleasure of thievery.
(c) Because there is a beggar who is starving and they give it to him.
(d) Because the owner of the fruit trees had insulted them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Augustine want to move to Rome?
2. By what does Augustine feel overwhelmed?
3. How does Augustine view the holy men of the Bible?
4. From what is a human being, no matter how saintly, never fully free?
5. What does Simplicianus tell Augustine Victorinus does before his recent passing?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)