|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book VIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ambrose say to bring to the tombs of the saints?
(a) Animal sacrifices.
2. What type of behavior is not tolerate in Rome?
(a) Showing no regard for one's parents.
(b) Spitting on the streets.
(c) Students who are disruptive.
(d) Refusing to stand when a teacher enters.
3. What is Augustine thinking of doing?
(a) Moving back to Carthage.
(b) Going on a mission to Britain.
(c) Taking vows as a monk.
4. What does Simplicianus say Victorinus has to do?
(a) Become a priest.
(b) Make a pilgrimage to the Holy Lands.
(c) Ask Jesus to open his eyes.
(d) Go to the Church and convert publicly to Christianity.
5. How does Augustine change his view of evil?
(a) He sees there is not such thing as evil.
(b) He sees that evil is caused by corruption and lack of good.
(c) He believes evil is created by God and can be annihilated by God.
(d) He sees that evil only exists as a concept and is not real.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Augustine get in trouble?
2. What happens when men act wickedly?
3. What is the meaning of the phrase that God creates man in his own image?
4. What does the story of Victorinus's conversion indicate to Augustine?
5. Why does Augustine read books of rhetoric?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)