|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Ada say Zeno was good?
2. How did Zeno feel when he thought of Augusta taking a second husband?
3. As time goes on, Zeno found new ways to justify his relationship with Carla. What was one of them?
4. How did Zeno attempt to fool the doctor?
5. On Zeno's third visit to see Carla, why didn't he think of Augusta?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Zeno write about his truthfulness in writing his memoirs?
2. Why did Zeno become dissatisfied with psychoanalysis?
3. How did Ada react when Carmen joined the staff in Guido's office?
4. How did Zeno feel about cheating on Augusta?
5. In Chapter 4, how does Zeno describe his feelings towards his wife?
6. How did Zeno think his business relationship with Guido might help Augusta?
7. What did Zeno initially think of Carla's speaking voice and singing talent?
8. What was the state of Zeno's marriage after his affair with Carla ended?
9. What excuse did Zeno invent to see Carla for the first time without Copler?
10. What did Dr. S. say to Zeno when he ran into him by chance in Chapter 6?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Zeno seems to think that death washes a person's flaws clean.
1) Give examples from the book that illustrate this thinking?
2) Why does Zeno seem to love some people more when they are dead?
Essay Topic 2
From Chapter 1, respond to Zeno's assertion that you can only maintain the noble attitude you struck by making a resolution by actually breaking and renewing the resolution.
Essay Topic 3
Why does Zeno want to possess all of Giovanni's daughters before he even meets them.
1) What does Zeno want from Giovanni's daughters?
2) Does he still want to possess Augusta even though he says she's ugly? Why?
This section contains 670 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)