|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Ada say she hated about Guido?
2. How did Augusta feel about the fifth addition to the office?
3. How did Ada's illness make Augusta's family act towards Zeno?
4. Who was Enrico Copler?
5. With whom does Zeno say he returned to Trieste after being separated from his family?
Essay Topic 1
Respond to Zeno's marriage to Augusta after asking two of her other sisters to marry him.
1) Describe the opinion you think each sister would have of him after his proposal.
2) Describe what Alberta and Ada might think of Augusta's chances for a happy marriage.
3) Describe how Augusta might feel marrying a man she loves though she knows he loves her sister.
Essay Topic 2
Respond to Zeno's hypochondria.
1) Why does Zeno make up or imagine illnesses?
2) Why does he want to be ill?
Essay Topic 3
Zeno seems to use his addiction to smoking as an excuse for various types of troubling behavior. Examine this behavior.
1) Does his smoking really cause his problems?
2) Does he enjoy having an excuse not to excel?
This section contains 951 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)