|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The name of the last female Zeno mentions flirting with is __________.
2. Why did Carla end the affair with Zeno?
3. Why didn't Copler learn of the relationship between Carla and Zeno?
4. What effect did Zeno think his marriage had on him at first?
5. What did the doctor say about the effect of cigarette smoking on Zeno?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Zeno think his business relationship with Guido might help Augusta?
2. How and why did Zeno meet Carla?
3. How did Zeno attempt to train the dog Guido brought to the office? Why?
4. How does Zeno say he felt after learning that he did not have diabetes?
5. How did Zeno feel about cheating on Augusta?
6. Why did Carla break off the affair with Zeno?
7. Why does Zeno say he began to make up dreams to report to the doctor?
8. What excuse did Zeno invent to see Carla for the first time without Copler?
9. How did Carla get money for her daily needs?
10. How does Zeno describe his feelings for Ada after his marriage?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine Zeno's desire to be liked.
1) Why is it important to Zeno that others like him even if he doesn't really like them?
2) How does Zeno attempt to make people like him?
3) Does anyone genuinely like Zeno for whom he is and in spite of his flaws?
4) Does Zeno like himself?
Essay Topic 2
Why does Zeno want to possess all of Giovanni's daughters before he even meets them.
1) What does Zeno want from Giovanni's daughters?
2) Does he still want to possess Augusta even though he says she's ugly? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Zeno's relationship with Guido.
1) Does he like him or dislike him?
2) Would Zeno be friends with Guido if he wasn't married to Ada?
3) In Chapter 5, why does Ada say Zeno hated Guido? Is she correct?
This section contains 716 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)