|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Zeno say made him work so energetically for Guido?
2. How did Zeno feel about diabetes when he thought he'd be diagnosed with it?
3. Why does Zeno decide to give up on psychoanalysis?
4. Who was Carla Gerco?
5. Why did Zeno buy a music book for Carla?
Short Essay Questions
1. What excuse did Zeno invent to see Carla for the first time without Copler?
2. How did Zeno feel about cheating on Augusta?
3. Why did Zeno visit Dr. Paoli?
4. After Guido's death, what did Ada say about her feelings for him and what did she admit she felt about Augusta's relationship with Zeno?
5. Why did Zeno become dissatisfied with psychoanalysis?
6. Why did Carla break off the affair with Zeno?
7. What did Zeno initially think of Carla's speaking voice and singing talent?
8. How did Zeno attempt to train the dog Guido brought to the office? Why?
9. Was Carmen well qualified for the job Guido hired her to do?
10. According to Dr. S, what was Zeno's main problem? How did Dr. S determine Zeno's main problem?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Zeno seems to use his addiction to smoking as an excuse for various types of troubling behavior. Examine this behavior.
1) Does his smoking really cause his problems?
2) Does he enjoy having an excuse not to excel?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the qualities Zeno sees as valuable in a man to Zeno's actual qualities.
Essay Topic 3
Respond to Zeno's marriage to Augusta after asking two of her other sisters to marry him.
1) Describe the opinion you think each sister would have of him after his proposal.
2) Describe what Alberta and Ada might think of Augusta's chances for a happy marriage.
3) Describe how Augusta might feel marrying a man she loves though she knows he loves her sister.
This section contains 673 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)