|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In one of his memories, Zeno's father raises his leg to kick him. What or whom did Zeno kick when no one was looking?
2. To what does Zeno usually attribute many of his shortcomings?
3. What effect did Zeno think his marriage had on him at first?
4. What was Carla's financial status?
5. On Zeno's third visit to see Carla, why didn't he think of Augusta?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 4, how does Zeno describe his feelings towards his wife?
2. Why does Zeno say he began to make up dreams to report to the doctor?
3. What effect did World War I have on Zeno's business ability?
4. How does Zeno describe his feelings for Ada after his marriage?
5. Why did Carla break off the affair with Zeno?
6. How did Carla get money for her daily needs?
7. Why did Zeno seem pleased about Teresina's rejection of him?
8. How does Zeno say he felt after learning that he did not have diabetes?
9. How did Ada react when Carmen joined the staff in Guido's office?
10. What did Zeno write about his truthfulness in writing his memoirs?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Zeno's personality, values, and habits with those of his father.
Essay Topic 2
Respond to Zeno's marriage to Augusta after asking two of her other sisters to marry him.
1) Describe the opinion you think each sister would have of him after his proposal.
2) Describe what Alberta and Ada might think of Augusta's chances for a happy marriage.
3) Describe how Augusta might feel marrying a man she loves though she knows he loves her sister.
Essay Topic 3
Describe Zeno's married life with Augusta.
1) Why does he come to love her?
2) What kind of love does it seem Zeno wants from Augusta?
3) Does Zeno's love for Augusta cure him of his lust for women?
This section contains 693 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)