|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Zeno worry that Carla would want from him?
2. Why does Zeno think Carmen screamed on the boat?
3. In Chapter 6, what did Zeno say the freedom to smoke gave him?
4. Who caught Tacich's eye as a love interest?
5. To what did the doctor attribute Zeno's problems?
Essay Topic 1
Describe Zeno's married life with Augusta.
1) Why does he come to love her?
2) What kind of love does it seem Zeno wants from Augusta?
3) Does Zeno's love for Augusta cure him of his lust for women?
Essay Topic 2
Respond to Zeno's hypochondria.
1) Why does Zeno make up or imagine illnesses?
2) Why does he want to be ill?
Essay Topic 3
Examine Zeno's desire to be liked.
1) Why is it important to Zeno that others like him even if he doesn't really like them?
2) How does Zeno attempt to make people like him?
3) Does anyone genuinely like Zeno for whom he is and in spite of his flaws?
4) Does Zeno like himself?
This section contains 977 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)