Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Ada say she hated about Guido?
2. How did Augusta feel about the fifth addition to the office?
3. How did Ada's illness make Augusta's family act towards Zeno?
4. Who was Enrico Copler?
5. With whom does Zeno say he returned to Trieste after being separated from his family?
Essay Topic 1
Examine Zeno's desire to be liked.
1) Why is it important to Zeno that others like him even if he doesn't really like them?
2) How does Zeno attempt to make people like him?
3) Does anyone genuinely like Zeno for whom he is and in spite of his flaws?
4) Does Zeno like himself?
Essay Topic 2
From Chapter 1, respond to Zeno's assertion that you can only maintain the noble attitude you struck by making a resolution by actually breaking and renewing the resolution.
Essay Topic 3
Zeno questions whether he is good in this book.
1) Is Zeno good?
2) What does it mean to be good or bad?
3) Can a person be all good or all bad?
4) Does Zeno ever decide whether he is good or not?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)