|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Ada say she hated about Guido?
2. Why did Zeno miss Guido's funeral?
3. What was Carla's financial status?
4. What was the state of Carla's virtue before Zeno's affair with her?
5. In Chapter 4, what startling discovery did Zeno say he made?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Zeno describe his feelings for Ada after his marriage?
2. What kind of businessman did Guido turn out to be?
3. How and why did Zeno meet Carla?
4. How did Carla get money for her daily needs?
5. What was the state of Zeno's marriage after his affair with Carla ended?
6. Was Carmen well qualified for the job Guido hired her to do?
7. Why did Zeno seem pleased about Teresina's rejection of him?
8. According to Dr. S, what was Zeno's main problem? How did Dr. S determine Zeno's main problem?
9. How does Zeno say he felt after learning that he did not have diabetes?
10. Why does Zeno say he began to make up dreams to report to the doctor?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Respond to Zeno's desire to fall in live with Ada and marry her.
1) Why does he choose her?
2) What qualities in Ada does he enjoy besides her looks?
3) Do they have anything in common?
4) Can someone choose to fall in love?
Essay Topic 2
Respond to Zeno's hypochondria.
1) Why does Zeno make up or imagine illnesses?
2) Why does he want to be ill?
Essay Topic 3
Eventually, Zeno comes to feel healthy and even becomes motivated to work. When he gets started in business, he finds that he is successful.
1) What is Zeno's idea of health?
2) To what do you attribute his new found health?
3 ) Was Zeno cured? If so, from what and by whom?
4) Why is he finally successful in business?
This section contains 700 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)