|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Zeno miss Guido's funeral?
2. What did Ada ask Zeno to promise before she left for the sanatorium?
3. In Chapter 5, how did Augusta feel after hearing that Zeno had dreamed of Ada?
4. Who was Carla Gerco?
5. The name of the last female Zeno mentions flirting with is __________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Ada go to the sanatorium?
2. What did Dr. S. say to Zeno when he ran into him by chance in Chapter 6?
3. Did Zeno want to go into business with Guido?
4. Why did Zeno flirt with Teresina?
5. Why did Zeno visit Dr. Paoli?
6. Why did Carla break off the affair with Zeno?
7. In Chapter 5, was Zeno still in love with Ada?
8. What kind of businessman did Guido turn out to be?
9. What excuse did Zeno invent to see Carla for the first time without Copler?
10. Was Carmen well qualified for the job Guido hired her to do?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the qualities Zeno sees as valuable in a man to Zeno's actual qualities.
Essay Topic 2
Zeno questions whether he is good in this book.
1) Is Zeno good?
2) What does it mean to be good or bad?
3) Can a person be all good or all bad?
4) Does Zeno ever decide whether he is good or not?
Essay Topic 3
Respond to Zeno's behavior of marking anniversaries and other events with L.C.
1) Does this make the anniversary or event seem less important?
2) Does it seem that Zeno makes smoking the matter of chief importance in his life?
This section contains 617 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)