|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Zeno feel about diabetes when he thought he'd be diagnosed with it?
2. How did Zeno say he felt after his made-up dream?
3. What did Ada say she hated about Guido?
4. Where did Ada go to recover from her illness?
5. From which of the following people did the doctor solicit information about Guido: Carmen, Augusta, or Luciano?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Zeno become dissatisfied with psychoanalysis?
2. What were some of the reasons Zeno went into business with Guido?
3. Was Carmen well qualified for the job Guido hired her to do?
4. Why did Zeno visit Dr. Paoli?
5. What effect did World War I have on Zeno's business ability?
6. What did Zeno write about his truthfulness in writing his memoirs?
7. Did Zeno want to go into business with Guido?
8. How does Zeno describe his feelings for Ada after his marriage?
9. How does Zeno describe his home life with Augusta?
10. How did Carla get money for her daily needs?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Respond to Zeno's hypochondria.
1) Why does Zeno make up or imagine illnesses?
2) Why does he want to be ill?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze Zeno's frequent lies and made up stories.
1) Why does Zeno make up lies to entertain others?
2) Do the lies entertain him as well?
3) How do the lies make him feel?
4) Do his made-up stories achieve the effect he desires?
Essay Topic 3
Zeno seems to think that death washes a person's flaws clean.
1) Give examples from the book that illustrate this thinking?
2) Why does Zeno seem to love some people more when they are dead?
This section contains 607 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)