|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the doctor say Zeno adopted smoking as his vice?
2. Why didn't Guido want an office near the warehouse?
3. Why did Zeno leave the office for an extended time?
4. Why does Zeno think Carmen screamed on the boat?
5. Who was the fifth addition to the office Zeno shared with Guido?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Zeno write about his truthfulness in writing his memoirs?
2. How did Ada react when Carmen joined the staff in Guido's office?
3. What effect did World War I have on Zeno's business ability?
4. How did Carla get money for her daily needs?
5. Why did Zeno become dissatisfied with psychoanalysis?
6. How did Zeno feel about cheating on Augusta?
7. According to Dr. S, what was Zeno's main problem? How did Dr. S determine Zeno's main problem?
8. After Guido's death, what did Ada say about her feelings for him and what did she admit she felt about Augusta's relationship with Zeno?
9. How did Zeno attempt to train the dog Guido brought to the office? Why?
10. What excuse did Zeno invent to see Carla for the first time without Copler?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Respond to Zeno's desire to fall in live with Ada and marry her.
1) Why does he choose her?
2) What qualities in Ada does he enjoy besides her looks?
3) Do they have anything in common?
4) Can someone choose to fall in love?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Zeno's relationship with Guido.
1) Does he like him or dislike him?
2) Would Zeno be friends with Guido if he wasn't married to Ada?
3) In Chapter 5, why does Ada say Zeno hated Guido? Is she correct?
Essay Topic 3
Why does Zeno want to possess all of Giovanni's daughters before he even meets them.
1) What does Zeno want from Giovanni's daughters?
2) Does he still want to possess Augusta even though he says she's ugly? Why?
This section contains 668 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)