|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 4, what startling discovery did Zeno say he made?
2. Why didn't Guido want an office near the warehouse?
3. How did Zeno attempt to fool the doctor?
4. What was the state of Carla's virtue before Zeno's affair with her?
5. What disease was Ada diagnosed with?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the state of Zeno's marriage after his affair with Carla ended?
2. How and why did Zeno meet Carla?
3. How did Ada react when Carmen joined the staff in Guido's office?
4. What effect did World War I have on Zeno's business ability?
5. How does Zeno describe his home life with Augusta?
6. What did Zeno write about his truthfulness in writing his memoirs?
7. How did Zeno think his business relationship with Guido might help Augusta?
8. Why did Zeno become dissatisfied with psychoanalysis?
9. How does Zeno say he felt after learning that he did not have diabetes?
10. Was Carmen well qualified for the job Guido hired her to do?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does Zeno want to possess all of Giovanni's daughters before he even meets them.
1) What does Zeno want from Giovanni's daughters?
2) Does he still want to possess Augusta even though he says she's ugly? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Zeno describes a situation in which his father raised his leg to kick him.
1) How do you think this colored his relationship with his father?
2) Do you think Zeno felt in competition with his father?
3) Is this related to Zeno kicking Guido's dog? If so, how?
Essay Topic 3
Respond to Zeno's behavior of marking anniversaries and other events with L.C.
1) Does this make the anniversary or event seem less important?
2) Does it seem that Zeno makes smoking the matter of chief importance in his life?
This section contains 697 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)