|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Zeno worry that Carla would want from him?
2. What did Zeno tell the doctor when he returned to see him the next day?
3. What does Zeno say he realized with horror after giving up treatment?
4. In Chapter 5, how does Zeno say Guido seemed to him?
5. How did Ada's illness make Augusta's family act towards Zeno?
Short Essay Questions
1. Was Carmen well qualified for the job Guido hired her to do?
2. Did Zeno want to go into business with Guido?
3. How did Zeno feel about cheating on Augusta?
4. Why did Zeno become dissatisfied with psychoanalysis?
5. How does Zeno say he felt after learning that he did not have diabetes?
6. What was the state of Zeno's marriage after his affair with Carla ended?
7. In Chapter 5, was Zeno still in love with Ada?
8. How did Ada react when Carmen joined the staff in Guido's office?
9. How did Zeno think his business relationship with Guido might help Augusta?
10. What were some of the reasons Zeno went into business with Guido?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Respond to Zeno's marriage to Augusta after asking two of her other sisters to marry him.
1) Describe the opinion you think each sister would have of him after his proposal.
2) Describe what Alberta and Ada might think of Augusta's chances for a happy marriage.
3) Describe how Augusta might feel marrying a man she loves though she knows he loves her sister.
Essay Topic 2
Eventually, Zeno comes to feel healthy and even becomes motivated to work. When he gets started in business, he finds that he is successful.
1) What is Zeno's idea of health?
2) To what do you attribute his new found health?
3 ) Was Zeno cured? If so, from what and by whom?
4) Why is he finally successful in business?
Essay Topic 3
From Chapter 1, respond to Zeno's assertion that you can only maintain the noble attitude you struck by making a resolution by actually breaking and renewing the resolution.
This section contains 689 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)