Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What emotions did Zeno feel when he realized his father was close to death thanks to him?
2. What did Zeno's relatives reveal about his father?
3. According to Zeno's estimation, how old was his father's doctor?
4. When Zeno became ill with a painful sore throat and a fever, what did he resolve to do?
5. What does Zeno say one never talks about after getting married?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 4, how does Zeno describe his feelings towards his wife?
2. Why does Zeno say it was difficult for him to spend time with his father?
3. What two events does Zeno say stopped him from stealing?
4. Why did Zeno marry Augusta?
5. Why didn't Zeno want his father to regain consciousness after he fell ill?
6. How did Zeno behave in the company of Giovanni's daughters?
7. How did Zeno feel about cheating on Augusta?
8. What does Zeno write about tears and faults?
9. Why did Zeno visit Dr. Paoli?
10. What does the doctor apologize for in the preface? Why?
Essay Topic 1
Describe Zeno's married life with Augusta.
1) Why does he come to love her?
2) What kind of love does it seem Zeno wants from Augusta?
3) Does Zeno's love for Augusta cure him of his lust for women?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Zeno's relationship with Guido.
1) Does he like him or dislike him?
2) Would Zeno be friends with Guido if he wasn't married to Ada?
3) In Chapter 5, why does Ada say Zeno hated Guido? Is she correct?
Essay Topic 3
Eventually, Zeno comes to feel healthy and even becomes motivated to work. When he gets started in business, he finds that he is successful.
1) What is Zeno's idea of health?
2) To what do you attribute his new found health?
3 ) Was Zeno cured? If so, from what and by whom?
4) Why is he finally successful in business?
This section contains 670 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)