|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Zeno, what was the most important event of his life?
2. How many hours a day did Zeno tell Tullio he worked in his office?
3. How long did Zeno listen to his friend's lecture about the Greeks and the Hebrews?
4. How old does Zeno say he was when he discovered that he hated the way cigarettes tasted and the way they made him feel?
5. What condition did Zeno think his father had?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why didn't Zeno want his father to regain consciousness after he fell ill?
2. Why did Zeno marry Augusta?
3. Did Zeno tell Augusta that he loved her before they were married?
4. What does Zeno write about tears and faults?
5. Where does Zeno get his first cigarette, and how does he describe the first cigarettes he ever smoked?
6. Why does Zeno say it was difficult for him to spend time with his father?
7. How did Zeno escape from the sanatorium?
8. What did Zeno write about marriage and Mother Nature?
9. How does Zeno describe his future father-in-law?
10. How does Zeno say his future father-in-law treated him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Respond to Zeno's hypochondria.
1) Why does Zeno make up or imagine illnesses?
2) Why does he want to be ill?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the qualities Zeno sees as valuable in a man to Zeno's actual qualities.
Essay Topic 3
Describe Zeno's relationship with Guido.
1) Does he like him or dislike him?
2) Would Zeno be friends with Guido if he wasn't married to Ada?
3) In Chapter 5, why does Ada say Zeno hated Guido? Is she correct?
This section contains 567 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)