|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What disease did Tullio have?
2. How does Zeno describe the importance of cigarettes that are not a person's last?
3. Whom did Zeno ask to marry him next when Ada refused?
4. How many reasons did Zeno initially give his fiance for being late for the wedding?
5. How did Zeno tell his father he viewed religion?
Short Essay Questions
1. Did Zeno's father regain consciousness and return to normal before he died?
2. How does Zeno describe his home life with Augusta?
3. How did Zeno initially describe Augusta?
4. Why did Zeno become dissatisfied with psychoanalysis?
5. Was Carmen well qualified for the job Guido hired her to do?
6. In Chapter 4, how does Zeno describe his feelings towards his wife?
7. How did Zeno's wife seem to feel about the idea of him going into the sanatorium?
8. What did Zeno write about marriage and Mother Nature?
9. What was the state of Zeno's marriage after his affair with Carla ended?
10. Who asked Zeno to write his own autobiography? Why?
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the qualities Zeno sees as valuable in a man to Zeno's actual qualities.
Essay Topic 2
Zeno questions whether he is good in this book.
1) Is Zeno good?
2) What does it mean to be good or bad?
3) Can a person be all good or all bad?
4) Does Zeno ever decide whether he is good or not?
Essay Topic 3
Zeno seems to think that death washes a person's flaws clean.
1) Give examples from the book that illustrate this thinking?
2) Why does Zeno seem to love some people more when they are dead?
This section contains 1,364 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)