|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Alberta say she wanted to do with her life?
2. How many women did Zeno ask to marry him after the table turning?
3. Whose idea was it to get the doctor when Zeno's father became ill?
4. How does Zeno describe the importance of cigarettes that are not a person's last?
5. How does Zeno say Guido felt about women?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Zeno feel he compared to his father?
2. Who asked Zeno to write his own autobiography? Why?
3. How does Zeno describe his future father-in-law?
4. Why does Zeno say it was difficult for him to spend time with his father?
5. How did Ada behave towards Zeno while he was intent on falling in love with her?
6. How did Zeno's wife seem to feel about the idea of him going into the sanatorium?
7. Why does the doctor say he published Zeno's memoirs?
8. What two events does Zeno say stopped him from stealing?
9. How did Zeno initially describe Augusta?
10. What does Zeno write about tears and faults?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does Zeno want to possess all of Giovanni's daughters before he even meets them.
1) What does Zeno want from Giovanni's daughters?
2) Does he still want to possess Augusta even though he says she's ugly? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze Zeno's frequent lies and made up stories.
1) Why does Zeno make up lies to entertain others?
2) Do the lies entertain him as well?
3) How do the lies make him feel?
4) Do his made-up stories achieve the effect he desires?
Essay Topic 3
Respond to Zeno's desire to fall in live with Ada and marry her.
1) Why does he choose her?
2) What qualities in Ada does he enjoy besides her looks?
3) Do they have anything in common?
4) Can someone choose to fall in love?
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)