|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Zeno and Giovanna pass their time together?
2. What did Zeno tell his father he was doing with his coat?
3. Who asked Zeno if he thought death was the end of everything?
4. What disease did Tullio have?
5. Why did Zeno become agitated in the sanatorium?
Short Essay Questions
1. Did Zeno tell Augusta that he loved her before they were married?
2. Why does Zeno say it was difficult for him to spend time with his father?
3. Did Zeno's wife feel alarmed about Zeno's addiction to cigarettes?
4. How did Zeno behave in the company of Giovanni's daughters?
5. Why does the doctor say he published Zeno's memoirs?
6. Why did Zeno go to see Dr. Canestrini?
7. Why didn't Zeno want his father to regain consciousness after he fell ill?
8. What does Zeno write about tears and faults?
9. What was the last thing Zeno's father did before he died?
10. How did Zeno escape from the sanatorium?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Zeno questions whether he is good in this book.
1) Is Zeno good?
2) What does it mean to be good or bad?
3) Can a person be all good or all bad?
4) Does Zeno ever decide whether he is good or not?
Essay Topic 2
Why does Zeno want to possess all of Giovanni's daughters before he even meets them.
1) What does Zeno want from Giovanni's daughters?
2) Does he still want to possess Augusta even though he says she's ugly? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Respond to Zeno's behavior of marking anniversaries and other events with L.C.
1) Does this make the anniversary or event seem less important?
2) Does it seem that Zeno makes smoking the matter of chief importance in his life?
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)