|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What disease did Tullio have?
2. How did Zeno try to impress Ada and her sisters?
3. How did Augusta react when Zeno accidentally told her he loved Ada?
4. What emotions did Zeno feel when he realized his father was close to death thanks to him?
5. Who asked Zeno if he thought death was the end of everything?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Zeno go to see Dr. Canestrini?
2. Why did Zeno marry Augusta?
3. Where does Zeno get his first cigarette, and how does he describe the first cigarettes he ever smoked?
4. How did Zeno describe his troubles with women to the doctor who had the electricity machine?
5. How did Ada behave towards Zeno while he was intent on falling in love with her?
6. How does Zeno describe his future father-in-law?
7. What was the last thing Zeno's father did before he died?
8. At the end of Chapter 3, how did Zeno say he felt about marrying Augusta?
9. How did Zeno feel he compared to his father?
10. Did Zeno's father regain consciousness and return to normal before he died?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Zeno's relationship with Guido.
1) Does he like him or dislike him?
2) Would Zeno be friends with Guido if he wasn't married to Ada?
3) In Chapter 5, why does Ada say Zeno hated Guido? Is she correct?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze Zeno's frequent lies and made up stories.
1) Why does Zeno make up lies to entertain others?
2) Do the lies entertain him as well?
3) How do the lies make him feel?
4) Do his made-up stories achieve the effect he desires?
Essay Topic 3
In your opinion, what is the reason you believe Zeno doesn't make a serious effort to work?
1) Is it due to inability or lack of a business mind?
2) Is it due to his father's lack of faith in him?
3) Is it fear of failure?
4) Does it have anything to do with poor self esteem?
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)