|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Tullio?
2. According to Zeno's estimation, how old was his father's doctor?
3. Once Zeno bought his first pack of cigarettes, how many did he say he smoked at one time?
4. What does Zeno describe as his second trouble?
5. What does Zeno say about people who have not yet experienced marriage?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Zeno say he thinks will happen to pain and pleasure after death?
2. What was the last thing Zeno's father did before he died?
3. How did Zeno behave in the company of Giovanni's daughters?
4. How did Ada behave towards Zeno while he was intent on falling in love with her?
5. Who asked Zeno to write his own autobiography? Why?
6. How does Zeno say his future father-in-law treated him?
7. What does Zeno write about tears and faults?
8. How did Zeno escape from the sanatorium?
9. At the end of Chapter 3, how did Zeno say he felt about marrying Augusta?
10. Why does the doctor say he published Zeno's memoirs?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Zeno's relationship with Guido.
1) Does he like him or dislike him?
2) Would Zeno be friends with Guido if he wasn't married to Ada?
3) In Chapter 5, why does Ada say Zeno hated Guido? Is she correct?
Essay Topic 2
Compare the way Zeno feels about his father before he learns that he is dying with the way he feels about him once he learns that he is ill, and there's no hope.
Essay Topic 3
Describe Zeno's married life with Augusta.
1) Why does he come to love her?
2) What kind of love does it seem Zeno wants from Augusta?
3) Does Zeno's love for Augusta cure him of his lust for women?
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)