|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Zeno get his first cigarette?
2. How does Zeno describe his father's death?
3. How does Zeno describe his grief when his mother died?
4. What did the doctor say when Zeno asked him whether there was any hope?
5. How does Zeno describe his past troubles with women?
Short Essay Questions
1. Did Zeno's father regain consciousness and return to normal before he died?
2. Why does Zeno say it was difficult for him to spend time with his father?
3. How did Ada behave towards Zeno while he was intent on falling in love with her?
4. What did Zeno write about marriage and Mother Nature?
5. What does the doctor apologize for in the preface? Why?
6. Did Zeno tell Augusta that he loved her before they were married?
7. What did Zeno say to Maria when she initially cried over his father's condition?
8. What was the last thing Zeno's father did before he died?
9. How does Zeno say his future father-in-law treated him?
10. How did Zeno describe Ada's appearance?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In your opinion, what is the reason you believe Zeno doesn't make a serious effort to work?
1) Is it due to inability or lack of a business mind?
2) Is it due to his father's lack of faith in him?
3) Is it fear of failure?
4) Does it have anything to do with poor self esteem?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the qualities Zeno sees as valuable in a man to Zeno's actual qualities.
Essay Topic 3
Zeno describes a situation in which his father raised his leg to kick him.
1) How do you think this colored his relationship with his father?
2) Do you think Zeno felt in competition with his father?
3) Is this related to Zeno kicking Guido's dog? If so, how?
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)