|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Zeno always try to quit smoking?
2. What emotions did Zeno feel when he realized his father was close to death thanks to him?
3. According to Zeno, when did his mother die?
4. Who asked Zeno if he thought death was the end of everything?
5. Who was Tullio?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the last thing Zeno's father did before he died?
2. How does Zeno say his future father-in-law treated him?
3. Why didn't Zeno want his father to regain consciousness after he fell ill?
4. Why does the doctor say he published Zeno's memoirs?
5. Why did Zeno marry Augusta?
6. How did Zeno describe Ada's appearance?
7. How did Zeno feel he compared to his father?
8. Did Zeno's wife feel alarmed about Zeno's addiction to cigarettes?
9. How did Ada behave towards Zeno while he was intent on falling in love with her?
10. What does Zeno say he thinks will happen to pain and pleasure after death?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Zeno's relationship with Guido.
1) Does he like him or dislike him?
2) Would Zeno be friends with Guido if he wasn't married to Ada?
3) In Chapter 5, why does Ada say Zeno hated Guido? Is she correct?
Essay Topic 2
Zeno seems to think that death washes a person's flaws clean.
1) Give examples from the book that illustrate this thinking?
2) Why does Zeno seem to love some people more when they are dead?
Essay Topic 3
In your opinion, what is the reason you believe Zeno doesn't make a serious effort to work?
1) Is it due to inability or lack of a business mind?
2) Is it due to his father's lack of faith in him?
3) Is it fear of failure?
4) Does it have anything to do with poor self esteem?
This section contains 649 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)