|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Zeno feel after his future wife accepted his proposal?
2. Who asked Zeno if he thought death was the end of everything?
3. Whom does Zeno say died soon after he was married?
4. According to Zeno's estimation, how old was his father's doctor?
5. How old does Zeno say Giovanni is?
Short Essay Questions
1. Did Zeno's wife feel alarmed about Zeno's addiction to cigarettes?
2. What did Zeno say to Maria when she initially cried over his father's condition?
3. How did Zeno initially describe Augusta?
4. What does the doctor apologize for in the preface? Why?
5. Where does Zeno get his first cigarette, and how does he describe the first cigarettes he ever smoked?
6. Why did Zeno marry Augusta?
7. What two events does Zeno say stopped him from stealing?
8. What did Zeno write about marriage and Mother Nature?
9. Did Zeno's father regain consciousness and return to normal before he died?
10. How did Zeno describe Ada's appearance?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Zeno questions whether he is good in this book.
1) Is Zeno good?
2) What does it mean to be good or bad?
3) Can a person be all good or all bad?
4) Does Zeno ever decide whether he is good or not?
Essay Topic 2
Eventually, Zeno comes to feel healthy and even becomes motivated to work. When he gets started in business, he finds that he is successful.
1) What is Zeno's idea of health?
2) To what do you attribute his new found health?
3 ) Was Zeno cured? If so, from what and by whom?
4) Why is he finally successful in business?
Essay Topic 3
Why does Zeno want to possess all of Giovanni's daughters before he even meets them.
1) What does Zeno want from Giovanni's daughters?
2) Does he still want to possess Augusta even though he says she's ugly? Why?
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)