Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What emotions did Zeno feel when he realized his father was close to death thanks to him?
2. What did Zeno's relatives reveal about his father?
3. According to Zeno's estimation, how old was his father's doctor?
4. When Zeno became ill with a painful sore throat and a fever, what did he resolve to do?
5. What does Zeno say one never talks about after getting married?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 4, how does Zeno describe his feelings towards his wife?
2. Why does Zeno say it was difficult for him to spend time with his father?
3. What two events does Zeno say stopped him from stealing?
4. Why did Zeno marry Augusta?
5. Why didn't Zeno want his father to regain consciousness after he fell ill?
6. How did Zeno behave in the company of Giovanni's daughters?
7. How did Zeno feel about cheating on Augusta?
8. What does Zeno write about tears and faults?
9. Why did Zeno visit Dr. Paoli?
10. What does the doctor apologize for in the preface? Why?
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Zeno's personality, values, and habits with those of his father.
Essay Topic 2
Respond to Zeno's hypochondria.
1) Why does Zeno make up or imagine illnesses?
2) Why does he want to be ill?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze Zeno's frequent lies and made up stories.
1) Why does Zeno make up lies to entertain others?
2) Do the lies entertain him as well?
3) How do the lies make him feel?
4) Do his made-up stories achieve the effect he desires?
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)