|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Zeno leave the office for an extended time?
(a) Olivi died.
(b) He couldn't get along with Guido.
(c) He was upset because Carla left him.
(d) Augusta needed him at home.
2. In Chapter 6, why did Zeno leave the doctor's office smoking like a Turk?
(a) To defy the doctor.
(b) To prove the doctor wrong.
(c) To re-educate himself.
(d) To try the doctor's experiment.
3. Who was the fifth addition to the office Zeno shared with Guido?
(a) Zeno's son.
(c) Olivi's son.
4. With whom does Zeno say he returned to Trieste after being separated from his family?
(c) A new mistress.
(d) No one.
5. What does Zeno say made him work so energetically for Guido?
(a) He wanted to prove his worth to Ada.
(b) He wanted to take over Guido's business.
(c) His gratitude.
(d) His need for money.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Zeno think Carmen screamed on the boat?
2. In Chapter 5, how does Zeno say Guido seemed to him?
3. At first, what did Zeno and Guido spend a great deal of time doing instead of working?
4. What did Zeno think of Carla?
5. How did Zeno react towards his daughter when she screamed too much?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Zeno write about his truthfulness in writing his memoirs?
2. Did Zeno want to go into business with Guido?
3. How does Zeno say he felt after learning that he did not have diabetes?
4. Why does Zeno say he began to make up dreams to report to the doctor?
5. How did Zeno attempt to train the dog Guido brought to the office? Why?
6. Why did Zeno become dissatisfied with psychoanalysis?
7. What was the state of Zeno's marriage after his affair with Carla ended?
8. How and why did Zeno meet Carla?
9. Why did Zeno seem pleased about Teresina's rejection of him?
10. What excuse did Zeno invent to see Carla for the first time without Copler?
This section contains 717 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)