|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Zeno miss Guido's funeral?
(a) He overslept.
(b) He was gambling.
(c) He decided not to attend.
(d) He was with his mistress.
2. What does Zeno say made him work so energetically for Guido?
(a) His need for money.
(b) He wanted to take over Guido's business.
(c) He wanted to prove his worth to Ada.
(d) His gratitude.
3. In Chapter 4, what startling discovery did Zeno say he made?
(a) He was unsuited to marriage.
(b) Alberta met a man she wanted to marry.
(c) He loved Augusta as much as she loved him.
(d) Ada secretly loved him.
4. How does Zeno say Augusta changed his home?
(a) She made it warmer and more comfortable.
(b) She removed all of his favorite things.
(c) She chose unappealing furnishings.
(d) She added too many feminine touches.
5. Why does Zeno say Catina called him a little Jew?
(a) She disliked Jews.
(b) The way he looked.
(c) He refused to lend his brother his spoon.
(d) He refused to give her money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Zeno say he realized with horror after giving up treatment?
2. What did Zeno think of Carla?
3. Why did Carla end the affair with Zeno?
4. What two fears does Zeno discuss in Chapter 4?
5. Who was Enrico Copler?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Zeno become dissatisfied with psychoanalysis?
2. Why did Ada go to the sanatorium?
3. What did Zeno initially think of Carla's speaking voice and singing talent?
4. What did Zeno write about his truthfulness in writing his memoirs?
5. Why did Zeno seem pleased about Teresina's rejection of him?
6. Why did Carla break off the affair with Zeno?
7. What effect did World War I have on Zeno's business ability?
8. How did Ada react when Carmen joined the staff in Guido's office?
9. How did Zeno think his business relationship with Guido might help Augusta?
10. How does Zeno say he felt after learning that he did not have diabetes?
This section contains 704 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)