|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Zeno tell the doctor when he returned to see him the next day?
(a) Smoking no longer harmed him.
(b) His chronic bronchitis had broken out again.
(c) He could no longer stand the smell of cigarettes.
(d) He'd been unable to sleep all night.
2. Why does Zeno say he was irritated by Guido's way of thinking?
(a) He reminded him of his father.
(b) His thoughts were similar to Zeno's.
(c) He reminded him of Giovanni.
(d) He saw his faults so clearly.
3. How did Zeno feel about the doctor's diagnosis?
(a) Confusion and guilt.
(c) Anger and resentment.
(d) Disbelief and amusement.
4. What decisive action did Carla take to end her affair with Zeno?
(a) She married Lali.
(b) She told Ada about the affair.
(c) She moved away.
(d) She told Zeno's wife about the affair.
5. What surprised Zeno about Augusta?
(a) She was a good wife.
(b) She was a good cook.
(c) She had a nasty temper.
(d) She stopped loving him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Ada's illness make Augusta's family act towards Zeno?
2. Why did Zeno tell Augusta about Carla?
3. Why did Ada say Zeno was good?
4. At first, what did Zeno and Guido spend a great deal of time doing instead of working?
5. Who was the fifth addition to the office Zeno shared with Guido?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)