|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what does Zeno usually attribute many of his shortcomings?
(a) A poor childhood.
2. How does Zeno say he felt when he discovered that he did not have the disease he expected?
(a) Young again.
(d) More confused than ever.
3. The name of the last female Zeno mentions flirting with is __________.
4. What surprised Zeno about Augusta?
(a) She was a good wife.
(b) She had a nasty temper.
(c) She was a good cook.
(d) She stopped loving him.
5. Who caught Tacich's eye as a love interest?
(c) Zeno's daughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why didn't Copler learn of the relationship between Carla and Zeno?
2. What did the doctor say about the effect of cigarette smoking on Zeno?
3. What was Carla's financial status?
4. Why didn't Guido want an office near the warehouse?
5. Where did Copler get the money to provide for Carla's support?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Zeno attempt to train the dog Guido brought to the office? Why?
2. What excuse did Zeno invent to see Carla for the first time without Copler?
3. What did Zeno initially think of Carla's speaking voice and singing talent?
4. Why did Zeno visit Dr. Paoli?
5. How and why did Zeno meet Carla?
6. How does Zeno say he felt after learning that he did not have diabetes?
7. What kind of businessman did Guido turn out to be?
8. What did Dr. S. say to Zeno when he ran into him by chance in Chapter 6?
9. How does Zeno describe his home life with Augusta?
10. What effect did World War I have on Zeno's business ability?
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)