|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Zeno continue with his psychoanalysis sessions after they became torture for him?
(a) He didn't want to lose money.
(b) He wanted to convince the doctor he was wrong.
(c) It was always hard for him to stop something he'd begun.
(d) He didn't want to hurt the doctor's feelings.
2. How did the doctor think Zeno really felt about Giovanni?
(a) He thought Zeno loved Giovanni more than his father.
(b) He thought Zeno regretted being bad good son-in-law.
(c) He felt that Zeno was jealous of him.
(d) He thought Zeno really hated him.
3. Who was Enrico Copler?
(a) Zeno's accountant.
(b) Zeno's rival.
(c) Zeno's sick friend.
(d) Augusta's love interest.
4. Why does Zeno say he was irritated by Guido's way of thinking?
(a) He reminded him of Giovanni.
(b) He saw his faults so clearly.
(c) His thoughts were similar to Zeno's.
(d) He reminded him of his father.
5. Who caught Tacich's eye as a love interest?
(c) Zeno's daughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the fifth addition to the office Zeno shared with Guido?
2. What did the doctor think about Zeno's relationship with Guido?
3. How does Zeno say Augusta changed his home?
4. What was the state of Carla's virtue before Zeno's affair with her?
5. What did Zeno think of Carla?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Zeno become dissatisfied with psychoanalysis?
2. Why did Zeno seem pleased about Teresina's rejection of him?
3. After Guido's death, what did Ada say about her feelings for him and what did she admit she felt about Augusta's relationship with Zeno?
4. According to Dr. S, what was Zeno's main problem? How did Dr. S determine Zeno's main problem?
5. What did Dr. S. say to Zeno when he ran into him by chance in Chapter 6?
6. In Chapter 4, how does Zeno describe his feelings towards his wife?
7. Why did Carla break off the affair with Zeno?
8. Was Carmen well qualified for the job Guido hired her to do?
9. How does Zeno describe his home life with Augusta?
10. What were some of the reasons Zeno went into business with Guido?
This section contains 742 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)