|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the state of Carla's virtue before Zeno's affair with her?
(a) She was a virgin.
(b) She'd had one previous lover.
(c) She'd been intimate with many men.
(d) She'd been uninterested in the opposite sex.
2. How did Zeno usually treat Augusta during his affair with Carla?
(a) With hostility.
(b) Like a sister.
(c) With his customary tenderness and affection.
3. How does Zeno say he felt when he discovered that he did not have the disease he expected?
(b) Young again.
(d) More confused than ever.
4. How does Zeno say he found solitude in Chapter 6?
5. Who initially worked in the office with Zeno and Guido?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Copler get the money to provide for Carla's support?
2. What did the doctor think about Zeno's relationship with Guido?
3. From which of the following people did the doctor solicit information about Guido: Carmen, Augusta, or Luciano?
4. How did Guido die?
5. After Zeno describes a particular dream, the doctor says Zeno is cured. What did the woman in his dream look like?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Zeno write about his truthfulness in writing his memoirs?
2. What was the state of Zeno's marriage after his affair with Carla ended?
3. Why did Ada go to the sanatorium?
4. What kind of businessman did Guido turn out to be?
5. What did Zeno initially think of Carla's speaking voice and singing talent?
6. How did Zeno think his business relationship with Guido might help Augusta?
7. Why did Zeno flirt with Teresina?
8. What effect did World War I have on Zeno's business ability?
9. In Chapter 4, how does Zeno describe his feelings towards his wife?
10. Why does Zeno say he began to make up dreams to report to the doctor?
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)