|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the state of Carla's virtue before Zeno's affair with her?
(a) She was a virgin.
(b) She'd had one previous lover.
(c) She'd been intimate with many men.
(d) She'd been uninterested in the opposite sex.
2. Where did Ada go to recover from her illness?
(a) To the family vacation home.
(b) To a sanatorium.
(c) To her sister's house.
(d) To live with her mother.
3. Why did Zeno leave the office for an extended time?
(a) Olivi died.
(b) He couldn't get along with Guido.
(c) He was upset because Carla left him.
(d) Augusta needed him at home.
4. What did Zeno hope Dr. Paoli would do?
(a) Cure him of lust.
(b) Tell him to stop going to psychoanalysis.
(c) Cure him of smoking.
(d) Agree with his other doctor.
5. From which of the following people did the doctor solicit information about Guido: Carmen, Augusta, or Luciano?
(a) None of them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Carla do with the first envelope of money Zeno offered her?
2. How did Zeno usually treat Augusta during his affair with Carla?
3. What did Zeno tell himself he was going to do when he visited Carla for the third time?
4. How did Guido die?
5. What kind of businessman was Guido?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 5, was Zeno still in love with Ada?
2. Why did Zeno visit Dr. Paoli?
3. What kind of businessman did Guido turn out to be?
4. What were some of the reasons Zeno went into business with Guido?
5. Why did Zeno become dissatisfied with psychoanalysis?
6. Was Carmen well qualified for the job Guido hired her to do?
7. How did Ada react when Carmen joined the staff in Guido's office?
8. How does Zeno say he felt after learning that he did not have diabetes?
9. What did Zeno write about his truthfulness in writing his memoirs?
10. What was the state of Zeno's marriage after his affair with Carla ended?
This section contains 685 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)