|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At first, what did Zeno and Guido spend a great deal of time doing instead of working?
(a) Chasing women.
(c) Buying things.
2. Why did Zeno buy a music book for Carla?
(a) To make himself feel better about approaching her.
(b) To express his genuine interest in her singing.
(c) Out of guilt.
(d) As an apology.
3. What surprised Zeno about Augusta?
(a) She was a good wife.
(b) She stopped loving him.
(c) She had a nasty temper.
(d) She was a good cook.
4. Why did Zeno leave the office for an extended time?
(a) Olivi died.
(b) He couldn't get along with Guido.
(c) He was upset because Carla left him.
(d) Augusta needed him at home.
5. Who caught Tacich's eye as a love interest?
(b) Zeno's daughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What disease did Zeno think Dr. Paoli might diagnose him with?
2. What did the doctor say about the effect of cigarette smoking on Zeno?
3. Where did Copler get the money to provide for Carla's support?
4. To what did the doctor attribute Zeno's problems?
5. What did Zeno think the first time Carla sang for him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the state of Zeno's marriage after his affair with Carla ended?
2. What effect did World War I have on Zeno's business ability?
3. How does Zeno describe his home life with Augusta?
4. Why did Zeno flirt with Teresina?
5. Why did Zeno become dissatisfied with psychoanalysis?
6. According to Dr. S, what was Zeno's main problem? How did Dr. S determine Zeno's main problem?
7. What did Zeno initially think of Carla's speaking voice and singing talent?
8. Why did Ada go to the sanatorium?
9. After Guido's death, what did Ada say about her feelings for him and what did she admit she felt about Augusta's relationship with Zeno?
10. How did Ada react when Carmen joined the staff in Guido's office?
This section contains 683 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)