|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Zeno usually treat Augusta during his affair with Carla?
(a) Like a sister.
(b) With hostility.
(c) With his customary tenderness and affection.
2. What did Zeno tell the doctor when he returned to see him the next day?
(a) His chronic bronchitis had broken out again.
(b) He'd been unable to sleep all night.
(c) He could no longer stand the smell of cigarettes.
(d) Smoking no longer harmed him.
3. What surprised Zeno about Augusta?
(a) She stopped loving him.
(b) She was a good wife.
(c) She had a nasty temper.
(d) She was a good cook.
4. About how long does Zeno say he preserved his faith in Guido's undertaking?
(a) Two years.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) Three months.
(d) One year.
5. Who was Carla Gerco?
(a) A stenographer.
(b) A maid.
(c) Augusta's friend.
(d) A singer Copler was helping to support.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who initially worked in the office with Zeno and Guido?
2. Whom did Augusta say Antonia resembled?
3. What change did Zeno and Augusta disagree about?
4. Why did Zeno tell Augusta about Carla?
5. Why didn't Guido want an office near the warehouse?
Short Essay Questions
1. What effect did World War I have on Zeno's business ability?
2. What kind of businessman did Guido turn out to be?
3. According to Dr. S, what was Zeno's main problem? How did Dr. S determine Zeno's main problem?
4. Why did Zeno seem pleased about Teresina's rejection of him?
5. Did Zeno want to go into business with Guido?
6. Why did Carla break off the affair with Zeno?
7. Why did Zeno flirt with Teresina?
8. What did Dr. S. say to Zeno when he ran into him by chance in Chapter 6?
9. How did Ada react when Carmen joined the staff in Guido's office?
10. Why does Zeno say he began to make up dreams to report to the doctor?
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)