|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Zeno initially feel about sleeping with Carla?
(a) Young again.
2. Why did Zeno tell Augusta about Carla?
(a) To trick her.
(b) To gain her trust.
(c) To make her jealous.
(d) To maintain his innocence.
3. How does Zeno say Augusta changed his home?
(a) She removed all of his favorite things.
(b) She made it warmer and more comfortable.
(c) She chose unappealing furnishings.
(d) She added too many feminine touches.
4. Who was the fourth addition to the office Zeno shared with Guido?
(a) A bird.
(d) A dog.
5. What was the state of Carla's virtue before Zeno's affair with her?
(a) She'd had one previous lover.
(b) She'd been uninterested in the opposite sex.
(c) She'd been intimate with many men.
(d) She was a virgin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Copler get the money to provide for Carla's support?
2. With whom does Zeno say he returned to Trieste after being separated from his family?
3. What does Zeno do about smoking after ending his psychoanalysis sessions?
4. From which of the following people did the doctor solicit information about Guido: Carmen, Augusta, or Luciano?
5. Why did Zeno miss Guido's funeral?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Zeno write about his truthfulness in writing his memoirs?
2. What were some of the reasons Zeno went into business with Guido?
3. Why does Zeno say he began to make up dreams to report to the doctor?
4. How does Zeno say he felt after learning that he did not have diabetes?
5. Why did Zeno seem pleased about Teresina's rejection of him?
6. How does Zeno describe his home life with Augusta?
7. In Chapter 5, was Zeno still in love with Ada?
8. According to Dr. S, what was Zeno's main problem? How did Dr. S determine Zeno's main problem?
9. What did Dr. S. say to Zeno when he ran into him by chance in Chapter 6?
10. Why did Ada go to the sanatorium?
This section contains 724 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)