|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On Zeno's third visit to see Carla, why didn't he think of Augusta?
(a) He was angry with Augusta.
(b) He stopped loving her.
(c) He was angry with his father-in-law.
(d) He was feeling very passionate.
2. What surprised Zeno about Augusta?
(a) She was a good wife.
(b) She was a good cook.
(c) She stopped loving him.
(d) She had a nasty temper.
3. Whom did Augusta say Antonia resembled?
(a) Augusta's father.
(c) Augusta's mother.
(d) Augusta's aunt.
4. Why does Zeno say Catina called him a little Jew?
(a) He refused to lend his brother his spoon.
(b) He refused to give her money.
(c) The way he looked.
(d) She disliked Jews.
5. Why did Ada visit the office unexpectedly?
(a) To announce that she was pregnant.
(b) To seduce Zeno.
(c) To tell Zeno that Augusta was leaving him.
(d) To see the fifth addition to the office.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Zeno feel about diabetes when he thought he'd be diagnosed with it?
2. What kind of businessman was Guido?
3. How did the doctor think Zeno really felt about Giovanni?
4. Why did Zeno buy a music book for Carla?
5. Why did Zeno continue with his psychoanalysis sessions after they became torture for him?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Zeno describe his feelings for Ada after his marriage?
2. Why did Zeno become dissatisfied with psychoanalysis?
3. What did Zeno initially think of Carla's speaking voice and singing talent?
4. Why did Zeno flirt with Teresina?
5. How does Zeno say he felt after learning that he did not have diabetes?
6. How did Carla get money for her daily needs?
7. Why did Ada go to the sanatorium?
8. Why did Carla break off the affair with Zeno?
9. According to Dr. S, what was Zeno's main problem? How did Dr. S determine Zeno's main problem?
10. What was the state of Zeno's marriage after his affair with Carla ended?
This section contains 701 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)