|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why didn't Copler learn of the relationship between Carla and Zeno?
(a) He moved away.
(b) Carla moved and didn't give hime her address.
(c) He ended his friendship with Zeno and stopped helping Carla.
(d) He died.
2. About how long does Zeno say he preserved his faith in Guido's undertaking?
(a) Two years.
(b) Three months.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) One year.
3. Why did Zeno buy a music book for Carla?
(a) To make himself feel better about approaching her.
(b) To express his genuine interest in her singing.
(c) As an apology.
(d) Out of guilt.
4. In Chapter 5, what did Zeno think of Ada's babies?
(a) They were as beautiful as their mother.
(b) They cried too much.
(c) They looked like Guido.
(d) They were horrid monsters.
5. How did Zeno feel when he thought of Augusta taking a second husband?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Zeno say he was irritated by Guido's way of thinking?
2. Whom did Augusta say Antonia resembled?
3. Why did Zeno leave the office for an extended time?
4. Why did Zeno miss Guido's funeral?
5. How did Zeno initially feel about sleeping with Carla?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Zeno attempt to train the dog Guido brought to the office? Why?
2. How does Zeno describe his feelings for Ada after his marriage?
3. How and why did Zeno meet Carla?
4. What kind of businessman did Guido turn out to be?
5. What excuse did Zeno invent to see Carla for the first time without Copler?
6. Why did Zeno become dissatisfied with psychoanalysis?
7. How did Zeno think his business relationship with Guido might help Augusta?
8. Was Carmen well qualified for the job Guido hired her to do?
9. Why does Zeno say he began to make up dreams to report to the doctor?
10. What did Zeno write about his truthfulness in writing his memoirs?
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)