|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who initially worked in the office with Zeno and Guido?
2. How many months did Zeno spend away from the office in Chapter 5?
(a) Five months.
(b) Two months.
(c) One month.
(d) Three months.
3. Why did Carla end the affair with Zeno?
(a) She didn't want to hurt Zeno's wife.
(b) Zeno tried to force her to continue singing.
(c) She wanted to get married.
(d) Zeno was harsh with her.
4. What disease was Ada diagnosed with?
(a) Morbus Basedow.
5. How did Zeno usually treat Augusta during his affair with Carla?
(a) With his customary tenderness and affection.
(c) Like a sister.
(d) With hostility.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 5, how does Zeno say Guido seemed to him?
2. Why did Zeno miss Guido's funeral?
3. How did Zeno attempt to fool the doctor?
4. What did Ada ask Zeno to promise before she left for the sanatorium?
5. What effect did Zeno think his marriage had on him at first?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Zeno visit Dr. Paoli?
2. Was Carmen well qualified for the job Guido hired her to do?
3. Why did Zeno seem pleased about Teresina's rejection of him?
4. What excuse did Zeno invent to see Carla for the first time without Copler?
5. How does Zeno describe his feelings for Ada after his marriage?
6. What kind of businessman did Guido turn out to be?
7. How did Zeno feel about cheating on Augusta?
8. How did Zeno think his business relationship with Guido might help Augusta?
9. What effect did World War I have on Zeno's business ability?
10. Why did Zeno flirt with Teresina?
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)