|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom did Augusta say Antonia resembled?
(a) Augusta's mother.
(c) Augusta's father.
(d) Augusta's aunt.
2. How did Zeno feel about the doctor's diagnosis?
(b) Confusion and guilt.
(c) Disbelief and amusement.
(d) Anger and resentment.
3. What was Carla's financial status?
(a) She had a small trust fund.
(b) She was very wealthy.
(c) She was of little means.
(d) She was an up and coming business person.
4. What did Ada ask Zeno to promise before she left for the sanatorium?
(a) To prevent Guido from cheating.
(b) To care for her children.
(c) To be faithful to Augusta.
(d) To take care of Guido.
5. Why didn't Guido want an office near the warehouse?
(a) He didn't want his wife to drop by.
(b) He said they were too expensive.
(c) He said they were too close to home.
(d) He said they smelled badly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What two fears does Zeno discuss in Chapter 4?
2. What did the doctor say about the effect of cigarette smoking on Zeno?
3. Why does Zeno think Carmen screamed on the boat?
4. What does Zeno say he realized with horror after giving up treatment?
5. Why did Carla end the affair with Zeno?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Carla break off the affair with Zeno?
2. Why did Ada go to the sanatorium?
3. How did Carla get money for her daily needs?
4. In Chapter 5, was Zeno still in love with Ada?
5. How did Ada react when Carmen joined the staff in Guido's office?
6. Why did Zeno flirt with Teresina?
7. Was Carmen well qualified for the job Guido hired her to do?
8. What effect did World War I have on Zeno's business ability?
9. How does Zeno describe his feelings for Ada after his marriage?
10. What were some of the reasons Zeno went into business with Guido?
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)