|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Zeno initially feel about sleeping with Carla?
(a) Young again.
2. Why does Zeno say he was irritated by Guido's way of thinking?
(a) He saw his faults so clearly.
(b) His thoughts were similar to Zeno's.
(c) He reminded him of his father.
(d) He reminded him of Giovanni.
3. What did Carla do with the first envelope of money Zeno offered her?
(a) She refused it.
(b) She took it reluctantly.
(c) She took it happily.
(d) She gave it to her maid.
4. With whom did Carla live?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her sister.
(c) Her mother and father.
(d) Her mother.
5. Why does Zeno decide to give up on psychoanalysis?
(a) He thinks he is cured.
(b) He finds a new doctor.
(c) He thinks the treatment made him worse.
(d) He thinks the doctor is a quack.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the doctor say Zeno adopted smoking as his vice?
2. What did Zeno worry that Carla would want from him?
3. How does Zeno say he felt when he discovered that he did not have the disease he expected?
4. What did Zeno think of Carla?
5. What disease did Zeno think Dr. Paoli might diagnose him with?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Zeno seem pleased about Teresina's rejection of him?
2. How does Zeno describe his home life with Augusta?
3. What was the state of Zeno's marriage after his affair with Carla ended?
4. How did Zeno think his business relationship with Guido might help Augusta?
5. Did Zeno want to go into business with Guido?
6. How and why did Zeno meet Carla?
7. Why did Zeno flirt with Teresina?
8. How did Ada react when Carmen joined the staff in Guido's office?
9. After Guido's death, what did Ada say about her feelings for him and what did she admit she felt about Augusta's relationship with Zeno?
10. How did Zeno attempt to train the dog Guido brought to the office? Why?
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)