|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which war begins at the end of this book?
(a) World War I.
(b) World War II.
(c) The Thirty Years' War.
(d) The American Revolution.
2. Who caught Tacich's eye as a love interest?
(c) Zeno's daughter.
3. To what did the doctor attribute Zeno's problems?
(a) Hating himself.
(b) Being in love with his mother and wanting to kill his father--oedipal complex.
(c) A chemical imbalance.
(d) Being too stubborn.
4. Whom did Augusta say Antonia resembled?
(a) Augusta's mother.
(b) Augusta's aunt.
(c) Augusta's father.
5. Why did Zeno tell Augusta about Carla?
(a) To gain her trust.
(b) To make her jealous.
(c) To trick her.
(d) To maintain his innocence.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the fifth addition to the office Zeno shared with Guido?
2. How did Zeno say he felt after his made-up dream?
3. Where did Ada go to recover from her illness?
4. How did Zeno react towards his daughter when she screamed too much?
5. Why did Ada visit the office unexpectedly?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Zeno feel about cheating on Augusta?
2. What was the state of Zeno's marriage after his affair with Carla ended?
3. How did Ada react when Carmen joined the staff in Guido's office?
4. What effect did World War I have on Zeno's business ability?
5. What did Zeno initially think of Carla's speaking voice and singing talent?
6. In Chapter 4, how does Zeno describe his feelings towards his wife?
7. How does Zeno say he felt after learning that he did not have diabetes?
8. Was Carmen well qualified for the job Guido hired her to do?
9. How does Zeno describe his home life with Augusta?
10. After Guido's death, what did Ada say about her feelings for him and what did she admit she felt about Augusta's relationship with Zeno?
This section contains 605 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)