|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What change did Zeno and Augusta disagree about?
(a) Keeping the study for Zeno.
(b) Adding a den.
(c) Adding a nursery.
(d) Adding a laundry.
2. How did Zeno initially feel about sleeping with Carla?
(a) Young again.
3. What did Ada ask Zeno to promise before she left for the sanatorium?
(a) To be faithful to Augusta.
(b) To prevent Guido from cheating.
(c) To care for her children.
(d) To take care of Guido.
4. Why did Ada say Zeno was good?
(a) He stopped making passes at her.
(b) He helped Guido for free.
(c) He loved Augusta.
(d) He always went home to his wife and children.
5. What did the doctor say Zeno was lost without?
(a) A mothering influence.
(b) A modicum of hatred.
(c) A woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Zeno continue with his psychoanalysis sessions after they became torture for him?
2. What did Zeno tell himself he was going to do when he visited Carla for the third time?
3. How does Zeno say he felt when he discovered that he did not have the disease he expected?
4. What did the doctor say about Zeno seeing colors?
5. What did Zeno think the first time Carla sang for him?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to Dr. S, what was Zeno's main problem? How did Dr. S determine Zeno's main problem?
2. How did Carla get money for her daily needs?
3. Why did Carla break off the affair with Zeno?
4. What did Dr. S. say to Zeno when he ran into him by chance in Chapter 6?
5. In Chapter 4, how does Zeno describe his feelings towards his wife?
6. Why did Ada go to the sanatorium?
7. Why does Zeno say he began to make up dreams to report to the doctor?
8. Did Zeno want to go into business with Guido?
9. What effect did World War I have on Zeno's business ability?
10. Was Carmen well qualified for the job Guido hired her to do?
This section contains 742 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)