|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What decisive action did Carla take to end her affair with Zeno?
(a) She married Lali.
(b) She told Zeno's wife about the affair.
(c) She told Ada about the affair.
(d) She moved away.
2. What did Zeno tell himself he was going to do when he visited Carla for the third time?
(a) Confess his love for his wife.
(b) Kiss her.
(c) Make love to her.
(d) Give her up.
3. Who asked Zeno to join him in business?
(a) Carla's husband.
(b) Ada's new husband.
4. At first, what did Zeno and Guido spend a great deal of time doing instead of working?
(b) Buying things.
(c) Chasing women.
5. To what did the doctor attribute Zeno's problems?
(a) Hating himself.
(b) Being in love with his mother and wanting to kill his father--oedipal complex.
(c) A chemical imbalance.
(d) Being too stubborn.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Ada ask Zeno to promise before she left for the sanatorium?
2. Why didn't Guido want an office near the warehouse?
3. How did Guido die?
4. Where did Ada go to recover from her illness?
5. Whom did Augusta say Antonia resembled?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were some of the reasons Zeno went into business with Guido?
2. What kind of businessman did Guido turn out to be?
3. Why did Zeno seem pleased about Teresina's rejection of him?
4. What effect did World War I have on Zeno's business ability?
5. How did Zeno think his business relationship with Guido might help Augusta?
6. Was Carmen well qualified for the job Guido hired her to do?
7. According to Dr. S, what was Zeno's main problem? How did Dr. S determine Zeno's main problem?
8. How did Zeno attempt to train the dog Guido brought to the office? Why?
9. What was the state of Zeno's marriage after his affair with Carla ended?
10. How did Carla get money for her daily needs?
This section contains 710 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)