|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On Zeno's third visit to see Carla, why didn't he think of Augusta?
(a) He was angry with his father-in-law.
(b) He was angry with Augusta.
(c) He stopped loving her.
(d) He was feeling very passionate.
2. What disease did Zeno think Dr. Paoli might diagnose him with?
(d) Grave's disease.
3. In Chapter 5, what did Zeno think of Ada's babies?
(a) They looked like Guido.
(b) They cried too much.
(c) They were horrid monsters.
(d) They were as beautiful as their mother.
4. What does Zeno do about smoking after ending his psychoanalysis sessions?
(a) He entices his wife to take up the habit with him.
(b) He gives it up forever.
(c) He resumes making resolutions about smoking.
(d) He decides to cut back on smoking instead of quitting.
5. What did Ada say she hated about Guido?
(a) His cheating.
(b) His pot belly.
(c) His snoring.
(d) His violin playing.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Augusta feel about the fifth addition to the office?
2. After Zeno describes a particular dream to the doctor, the doctor says Zeno is cured. What was Zeno in the dream?
3. With whom did Carla live?
4. Whom did Augusta say Antonia resembled?
5. How does Zeno say he felt when he discovered that he did not have the disease he expected?
Short Essay Questions
1. After Guido's death, what did Ada say about her feelings for him and what did she admit she felt about Augusta's relationship with Zeno?
2. Why did Ada go to the sanatorium?
3. Did Zeno want to go into business with Guido?
4. What excuse did Zeno invent to see Carla for the first time without Copler?
5. What was the state of Zeno's marriage after his affair with Carla ended?
6. How does Zeno describe his feelings for Ada after his marriage?
7. What kind of businessman did Guido turn out to be?
8. What did Zeno write about his truthfulness in writing his memoirs?
9. Why did Zeno become dissatisfied with psychoanalysis?
10. In Chapter 5, was Zeno still in love with Ada?
This section contains 631 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)