|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many months did Zeno spend away from the office in Chapter 5?
(a) Two months.
(b) Three months.
(c) Five months.
(d) One month.
2. How did Augusta feel about the fifth addition to the office?
3. What did Ada say she hated about Guido?
(a) His violin playing.
(b) His snoring.
(c) His pot belly.
(d) His cheating.
4. With whom does Zeno say he returned to Trieste after being separated from his family?
(a) A new mistress.
(b) No one.
5. Why does Zeno decide to give up on psychoanalysis?
(a) He thinks he is cured.
(b) He thinks the treatment made him worse.
(c) He thinks the doctor is a quack.
(d) He finds a new doctor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Carla Gerco?
2. To what does Zeno usually attribute many of his shortcomings?
3. What kind of businessman was Guido?
4. Where did Ada go to recover from her illness?
5. What did Zeno tell the doctor when he returned to see him the next day?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Zeno feel about cheating on Augusta?
2. How did Zeno attempt to train the dog Guido brought to the office? Why?
3. After Guido's death, what did Ada say about her feelings for him and what did she admit she felt about Augusta's relationship with Zeno?
4. Why does Zeno say he began to make up dreams to report to the doctor?
5. In Chapter 4, how does Zeno describe his feelings towards his wife?
6. Why did Zeno become dissatisfied with psychoanalysis?
7. Why did Ada go to the sanatorium?
8. Why did Zeno seem pleased about Teresina's rejection of him?
9. Why did Zeno flirt with Teresina?
10. What effect did World War I have on Zeno's business ability?
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)