|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Zeno say he visited a doctor who used electricity to cure diseases?
(a) He hoped the doctor would treat his lack of stomach acids.
(b) He hoped the doctor would discover that the nicotine was poisoning his blood.
(c) He wanted a cure for his troubles with women.
(d) He thought electricity could cure his insomnia.
2. What does Zeno say about people who have not yet experienced marriage?
(a) They think it is more important than it really is.
(b) They're missing out on one of the greatest joys in life.
(c) They are smart to avoid marriage.
(d) They undervalue it.
3. On the day of his wedding, who arrived and stimulated Zeno to leave and go to the ceremony?
(a) His future mother-in-law.
(b) Aunt Rosina.
4. What did Zeno's relatives reveal about his father?
(a) He may have been unfaithful.
(b) He was a gambler.
(c) He knew Zeno's secret.
(d) He drank too much.
5. What did Zeno's father do right before he died?
(a) He struck Zeno.
(b) He ate his favorite meal.
(c) He asked to see Zeno's mother.
(d) He said he was frightened.
Short Answer Questions
1. Did Zeno cry immediately when he discovered that his father was ill?
2. How does Zeno describe his relationship with his father?
3. How did Zeno tell his father he viewed religion?
4. Whom does Zeno say was left to guard him in the sanatorium?
5. What was Zeno's nickname for his father when he was in college?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Zeno behave in the company of Giovanni's daughters?
2. How does Zeno say he felt after learning that he did not have diabetes?
3. In Chapter 4, how does Zeno describe his feelings towards his wife?
4. After Guido's death, what did Ada say about her feelings for him and what did she admit she felt about Augusta's relationship with Zeno?
5. Why did Zeno become upset with the doctor who had the electricity machine?
6. What did Zeno write about marriage and Mother Nature?
7. How did Ada behave towards Zeno while he was intent on falling in love with her?
8. How and why did Zeno meet Carla?
9. Why does Zeno say it was difficult for him to spend time with his father?
10. How did Zeno's wife seem to feel about the idea of him going into the sanatorium?
This section contains 742 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)