|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old does Zeno say Giovanni is?
2. How does Zeno describe the importance of cigarettes that are not a person's last?
(c) An assertion of freedom.
3. Who was Guido Speier?
(a) Zeno's best friend.
(b) A professor.
(c) A butler.
(d) Ada's love interest.
4. What did the doctor say when Zeno asked him whether there was any hope?
(a) "None whatever!"
(b) "There is reason to hope."
(c) "There's a 50-percent chance of recovery."
(d) "There is always hope!"
5. ______________was sent to get the doctor when Zeno's father became ill.
(a) The gardener.
(d) A neighbor.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Zeno describe his past troubles with women?
2. Whose idea was it to get the doctor when Zeno's father became ill?
3. How did Zeno act whenever he was with Ada?
4. What does Zeno say one never talks about after getting married?
5. What condition did Zeno think his father had?
Short Essay Questions
1. At the end of Chapter 3, how did Zeno say he felt about marrying Augusta?
2. Why did Zeno marry Augusta?
3. What does Zeno write about tears and faults?
4. How does Zeno describe his future father-in-law?
5. How does Zeno say his future father-in-law treated him?
6. Why did Zeno go to see Dr. Canestrini?
7. What did Zeno say to Maria when she initially cried over his father's condition?
8. Did Zeno's father regain consciousness and return to normal before he died?
9. What did Zeno write about marriage and Mother Nature?
10. Why does Zeno say it was difficult for him to spend time with his father?
This section contains 541 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)