|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Zeno became ill with a painful sore throat and a fever, what did he resolve to do?
(a) Give up smoking.
(b) Develop a more positive outlook.
(c) Cut back on his smoking.
(d) Take better care of his health.
2. Whose idea was it to get the doctor when Zeno's father became ill?
(b) The neighbor's.
3. Whom does Zeno say was left to guard him in the sanatorium?
4. How many commandments did Giovanni write in Zeno's notebook?
5. Whom did Zeno ask to marry him next when Ada refused?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Zeno describe the flavor of a last cigarette?
2. How many reasons did Zeno initially give his fiance for being late for the wedding?
3. How does Zeno think his father felt about Zeno's future?
4. Which of the following was one of the physical features Zeno liked about his fiance?
5. Why did Zeno go to see Dr. Canestrini?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why didn't Zeno want his father to regain consciousness after he fell ill?
2. What does Zeno write about tears and faults?
3. How did Zeno initially describe Augusta?
4. What was the last thing Zeno's father did before he died?
5. How did Zeno's wife seem to feel about the idea of him going into the sanatorium?
6. How does Zeno say his future father-in-law treated him?
7. What did Zeno say to Maria when she initially cried over his father's condition?
8. Where does Zeno get his first cigarette, and how does he describe the first cigarettes he ever smoked?
9. What did Zeno write about marriage and Mother Nature?
10. How did Zeno behave in the company of Giovanni's daughters?
This section contains 650 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)