|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On the day of his wedding, who arrived and stimulated Zeno to leave and go to the ceremony?
(c) Aunt Rosina.
(d) His future mother-in-law.
2. According to Zeno, when did his mother die?
(a) At the same time as his father.
(b) Before he was 15.
(c) When he was 20.
(d) When she was 73.
3. What did Zeno's relatives reveal about his father?
(a) He drank too much.
(b) He knew Zeno's secret.
(c) He was a gambler.
(d) He may have been unfaithful.
4. Who was Tullio?
(a) Zeno' s best friend.
(b) A crippled man.
(c) Ada's brother.
(d) Ada's love interest.
5. Using which words does Zeno describe Giovanna?
(a) Shrill and little.
(b) Large and overbearing.
(c) Competent and no-nonsense.
(d) Mean and cold.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Zeno, what was the most important event of his life?
2. How does Zeno say he used to decide when to stop smoking?
3. What doubt does Zeno say may have bound him to his vice?
4. What does Zeno say he would do if he was born again?
5. What was the Tergesteo?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why didn't Zeno want his father to regain consciousness after he fell ill?
2. Why did Zeno go to see Dr. Canestrini?
3. How did Zeno escape from the sanatorium?
4. How did Zeno behave in the company of Giovanni's daughters?
5. Why does the doctor say he published Zeno's memoirs?
6. How did Zeno feel he compared to his father?
7. Who asked Zeno to write his own autobiography? Why?
8. How did Zeno describe Ada's appearance?
9. Did Zeno tell Augusta that he loved her before they were married?
10. How did Zeno describe his troubles with women to the doctor who had the electricity machine?
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)