|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which sister thought Zeno was mad?
2. What was the Tergesteo?
(a) The Bourse of Trieste.
(b) The tax authority.
(c) The capital of Trieste.
(d) The university he attended.
3. How does Zeno say he came to steal?
(a) He stole money for cigarettes.
(b) He stole cigarettes from a store.
(c) He stole cigarettes from his mother.
(d) He stole cigarettes from his brother.
4. Who managed Zeno's father's business affairs?
(d) His wife.
5. How did Zeno and Giovanna pass their time together?
(a) They argued most of the time.
(b) They had a physical fight.
(c) They ignored each other.
(d) They talked and shared a bottle of wine.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Zeno try to impress Ada and her sisters?
2. ______________was sent to get the doctor when Zeno's father became ill.
3. What did Zeno shout in his father's ear when he died?
4. How many hours a day did Zeno tell Tullio he worked in his office?
5. What did Zeno's relatives reveal about his father?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Zeno describe his future father-in-law?
2. Why does the doctor say he published Zeno's memoirs?
3. How did Zeno's wife seem to feel about the idea of him going into the sanatorium?
4. Why did Zeno marry Augusta?
5. Why didn't Zeno want his father to regain consciousness after he fell ill?
6. Why did Zeno's father say Zeno was mad?
7. What did Zeno say to Maria when she initially cried over his father's condition?
8. Where does Zeno get his first cigarette, and how does he describe the first cigarettes he ever smoked?
9. What does the doctor apologize for in the preface? Why?
10. How did Zeno initially describe Augusta?
This section contains 629 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)