|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Zeno say one never talks about after getting married?
(c) Prior Relationships.
2. Who discovered that Zeno's father was having health distress?
(c) Dr. Muli
3. What does Zeno say he would do if he was born again?
(a) Marry his wife again.
(b) Avoid Giovanni.
(c) Avoid cigarettes.
(d) Stay away from Guido.
4. Which of the following was one of the physical features Zeno liked about his fiance?
(a) The slant of her eyes.
(b) The shape of her lips.
(c) Her blushes.
(d) The color of her hair.
5. How did Augusta react when Zeno accidentally told her he loved Ada?
(a) She promised not to tell anyone.
(b) She cried uncontrollably.
(c) She slapped him.
(d) She ran away.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Zeno think his father felt about Zeno's future?
2. What was Zeno's nickname for his father when he was in college?
3. Why is Zeno keeping a journal?
4. What was the name of the doctor who cared for Zeno's father until his death?
5. Whom does Zeno say died soon after he was married?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the doctor apologize for in the preface? Why?
2. How did Zeno's wife seem to feel about the idea of him going into the sanatorium?
3. Why did Zeno's father say Zeno was mad?
4. Who asked Zeno to write his own autobiography? Why?
5. How did Zeno feel he compared to his father?
6. Why did Zeno go to see Dr. Canestrini?
7. How did Ada behave towards Zeno while he was intent on falling in love with her?
8. At the end of Chapter 3, how did Zeno say he felt about marrying Augusta?
9. What did Zeno write about marriage and Mother Nature?
10. Why did Zeno marry Augusta?
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)