|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Zeno say about the noble attitude one has when he makes a resolution to quit smoking?
(a) It makes quitting easier.
(b) A person can only keep the noble attitude by renewing his resolutions.
(c) It ensures that the resolution will work.
(d) It helps a person to feel better about himself.
2. At what time of day does Zeno say his father died?
(a) 6:43 a.m.
(b) 9:30 p.m.
(c) 4:30 a.m.
(d) 7:00 p.m.
3. Which sister loved Zeno?
4. Using which words does Zeno describe Giovanna?
(a) Large and overbearing.
(b) Shrill and little.
(c) Competent and no-nonsense.
(d) Mean and cold.
5. What was the name of the doctor who cared for Zeno's father until his death?
(a) Dr. Muli.
(b) Dr. Canestrini.
(c) Dr. Coprosich.
(d) Doctor Alba.
Short Answer Questions
1. Did Zeno cry immediately when he discovered that his father was ill?
2. What does Zeno say one never talks about after getting married?
3. Who discovered that Zeno's father was having health distress?
4. According to Zeno, when did his mother die?
5. Where was Zeno when his father died?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Zeno describe Ada's appearance?
2. What does Zeno write about tears and faults?
3. At the end of Chapter 3, how did Zeno say he felt about marrying Augusta?
4. Did Zeno tell Augusta that he loved her before they were married?
5. How does Zeno describe his future father-in-law?
6. How did Zeno escape from the sanatorium?
7. What did Zeno write about marriage and Mother Nature?
8. What did Zeno say to Maria when she initially cried over his father's condition?
9. How did Ada behave towards Zeno while he was intent on falling in love with her?
10. Why did Zeno's father say Zeno was mad?
This section contains 600 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)