|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Zeno get his first cigarette?
(a) His friend Giuseppe gave it to him.
(b) His brother gave it to him.
(c) He purchased a pack of cigarettes from a store.
(d) He stole it from his father.
2. What did Zeno's relatives reveal about his father?
(a) He was a gambler.
(b) He may have been unfaithful.
(c) He drank too much.
(d) He knew Zeno's secret.
3. What idea did Zeno's wife have for helping him to quit smoking?
(a) She suggested a nicotine pill.
(b) She suggested that he go into a sanatorium.
(c) She offered to hide his cigarettes.
(d) She suggested that he gradually cut back on his cigarette smoking.
4. How old does Zeno say Giovanni is?
5. Who discovered that Zeno's father was having health distress?
(a) Dr. Muli
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Zeno want to try Dr. Muli's cure?
2. What was Guido teaching the family when Zeno professed his love for Ada?
3. How does Zeno say he felt after a session of childhood smoking?
4. How did Zeno escape the sanatorium?
5. What does Zeno say he would do if he was born again?
Short Essay Questions
1. Did Zeno's father regain consciousness and return to normal before he died?
2. How did Zeno describe Ada's appearance?
3. How and why did Zeno meet Carla?
4. In Chapter 4, how does Zeno describe his feelings towards his wife?
5. Who asked Zeno to write his own autobiography? Why?
6. Was Carmen well qualified for the job Guido hired her to do?
7. Why does Zeno say he began to make up dreams to report to the doctor?
8. How did Zeno describe his troubles with women to the doctor who had the electricity machine?
9. In Chapter 5, was Zeno still in love with Ada?
10. After Guido's death, what did Ada say about her feelings for him and what did she admit she felt about Augusta's relationship with Zeno?
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)