|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Augusta react when Zeno accidentally told her he loved Ada?
(a) She ran away.
(b) She slapped him.
(c) She promised not to tell anyone.
(d) She cried uncontrollably.
2. How did Giovanni react to Zeno's talk about getting rid of Olivi and managing his own affairs?
(a) He seemed alarmed.
(b) He encouraged Zeno.
(c) He suggested a different person to manage Zeno's affairs.
(d) He offered to manage Zeno's affairs.
3. How many commandments did Giovanni write in Zeno's notebook?
4. Once Zeno bought his first pack of cigarettes, how many did he say he smoked at one time?
5. What idea did Zeno's wife have for helping him to quit smoking?
(a) She offered to hide his cigarettes.
(b) She suggested that he go into a sanatorium.
(c) She suggested a nicotine pill.
(d) She suggested that he gradually cut back on his cigarette smoking.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Zeno shout in his father's ear when he died?
2. What condition did Zeno think his father had?
3. According to Zeno, when did his mother die?
4. What does Zeno say that he did after making a resolution to stop smoking?
5. Who asked Zeno if he thought death was the end of everything?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Zeno's father say Zeno was mad?
2. Why does the doctor say he published Zeno's memoirs?
3. Did Zeno tell Augusta that he loved her before they were married?
4. How did Ada behave towards Zeno while he was intent on falling in love with her?
5. Why did Zeno become upset with the doctor who had the electricity machine?
6. How did Zeno describe his troubles with women to the doctor who had the electricity machine?
7. What does Zeno say he thinks will happen to pain and pleasure after death?
8. What did Zeno write about marriage and Mother Nature?
9. How did Zeno's wife seem to feel about the idea of him going into the sanatorium?
10. Who asked Zeno to write his own autobiography? Why?
This section contains 681 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)