|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Zeno's relatives reveal about his father?
(a) He may have been unfaithful.
(b) He drank too much.
(c) He knew Zeno's secret.
(d) He was a gambler.
2. Who is the main character of this book?
(a) Dr. Hahn.
(c) Dr. Muli.
3. What did Zeno tell his father he was doing with his coat?
(a) Looking for loose change.
(b) Brushing it off.
(c) Admiring the color.
(d) Counting buttons.
4. According to Zeno, when did his mother die?
(a) At the same time as his father.
(b) When she was 73.
(c) Before he was 15.
(d) When he was 20.
5. How does Zeno describe his grief when his mother died?
(a) Overwhelmingly painful.
(b) Like being a frightened boy all over again.
(c) A token to a new and intense life.
(d) Emotionally crippling.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Zeno feel after his future wife accepted his proposal?
2. How does Zeno say he felt after a session of childhood smoking?
3. What does Zeno say one never talks about after getting married?
4. On the day of his wedding, who arrived and stimulated Zeno to leave and go to the ceremony?
5. How does Zeno identify Giovanni Malfenti?
Short Essay Questions
1. At the end of Chapter 3, how did Zeno say he felt about marrying Augusta?
2. How did Zeno attempt to train the dog Guido brought to the office? Why?
3. Why did Zeno marry Augusta?
4. How does Zeno describe his future father-in-law?
5. Why did Zeno go to see Dr. Canestrini?
6. Why did Zeno become dissatisfied with psychoanalysis?
7. Why did Zeno become upset with the doctor who had the electricity machine?
8. How does Zeno say his future father-in-law treated him?
9. In Chapter 4, how does Zeno describe his feelings towards his wife?
10. What did Zeno write about his truthfulness in writing his memoirs?
This section contains 594 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)