|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following was one of the physical features Zeno liked about his fiance?
(a) The slant of her eyes.
(b) Her blushes.
(c) The shape of her lips.
(d) The color of her hair.
2. Who was Guido Speier?
(a) Zeno's best friend.
(b) Ada's love interest.
(c) A butler.
(d) A professor.
3. Why did Zeno become agitated in the sanatorium?
(a) He had nicotine withdrawal.
(b) He didn't get his last cigarette.
(c) He was attracted to the person who was left to guard him.
(d) He suspected that he wife was having an affair with Dr. Muli.
4. What did Zeno's father do right before he died?
(a) He said he was frightened.
(b) He struck Zeno.
(c) He asked to see Zeno's mother.
(d) He ate his favorite meal.
5. What was the Tergesteo?
(a) The university he attended.
(b) The capital of Trieste.
(c) The Bourse of Trieste.
(d) The tax authority.
Short Answer Questions
1. What phrase does Zeno use to describe Dr. Muli?
2. How did Zeno and Giovanna pass their time together?
3. What disease did Tullio have?
4. How many hours a day did Zeno tell Tullio he worked in his office?
5. What idea did Zeno's wife have for helping him to quit smoking?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Zeno write about tears and faults?
2. How did Zeno feel he compared to his father?
3. Why does Zeno say it was difficult for him to spend time with his father?
4. What was the last thing Zeno's father did before he died?
5. Who asked Zeno to write his own autobiography? Why?
6. How did Zeno initially describe Augusta?
7. How does Zeno say his future father-in-law treated him?
8. Why did Zeno's father say Zeno was mad?
9. What did Zeno write about marriage and Mother Nature?
10. Did Zeno tell Augusta that he loved her before they were married?
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)