|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Guido teaching the family when Zeno professed his love for Ada?
(a) Card tricks.
(b) Fortune telling.
(d) Table turning.
2. How many commandments did Giovanni write in Zeno's notebook?
3. What does Zeno say about the noble attitude one has when he makes a resolution to quit smoking?
(a) A person can only keep the noble attitude by renewing his resolutions.
(b) It ensures that the resolution will work.
(c) It helps a person to feel better about himself.
(d) It makes quitting easier.
4. Who asked Zeno if he thought death was the end of everything?
(a) His mother.
(b) Zeno's brother.
(c) A nurse.
(d) Zeno's father.
5. Whom does Zeno say died soon after he was married?
(b) His Mother:
Short Answer Questions
1. Which sister thought Zeno was mad?
2. Why is Zeno keeping a journal?
3. How did Zeno act whenever he was with Ada?
4. Who managed Zeno's father's business affairs?
5. How did Zeno escape the sanatorium?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the doctor say he published Zeno's memoirs?
2. How did Zeno feel he compared to his father?
3. How did Zeno escape from the sanatorium?
4. How did Zeno's wife seem to feel about the idea of him going into the sanatorium?
5. Who asked Zeno to write his own autobiography? Why?
6. Where does Zeno get his first cigarette, and how does he describe the first cigarettes he ever smoked?
7. Why did Zeno marry Augusta?
8. How does Zeno describe his future father-in-law?
9. Did Zeno tell Augusta that he loved her before they were married?
10. What was the last thing Zeno's father did before he died?
This section contains 590 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)