|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Zeno say about the noble attitude one has when he makes a resolution to quit smoking?
(a) It ensures that the resolution will work.
(b) It makes quitting easier.
(c) A person can only keep the noble attitude by renewing his resolutions.
(d) It helps a person to feel better about himself.
2. How did Zeno get his first cigarette?
(a) He purchased a pack of cigarettes from a store.
(b) His brother gave it to him.
(c) He stole it from his father.
(d) His friend Giuseppe gave it to him.
3. How long did Zeno listen to his friend's lecture about the Greeks and the Hebrews?
(a) Two hours.
(b) One hour.
(c) Thirty minutes.
(d) Three hours.
4. What does Zeno say that he did after making a resolution to stop smoking?
(a) Hid his cigarettes.
(b) Celebrated with a glass of wine.
(c) Threw his cigarettes away.
(d) Smoked one last cigarette.
5. What did Guido do better than Zeno?
(a) Played the violin.
(d) Played the cello.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Zeno shout in his father's ear when he died?
2. What was Guido teaching the family when Zeno professed his love for Ada?
3. Why did Zeno become agitated in the sanatorium?
4. How does Zeno describe his relationship with his father?
5. Using which words does Zeno describe Giovanna?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Zeno describe Ada's appearance?
2. Why didn't Zeno want his father to regain consciousness after he fell ill?
3. At the end of Chapter 3, how did Zeno say he felt about marrying Augusta?
4. How did Zeno describe his troubles with women to the doctor who had the electricity machine?
5. Why did Zeno marry Augusta?
6. What does Zeno write about tears and faults?
7. Did Zeno tell Augusta that he loved her before they were married?
8. What does the doctor apologize for in the preface? Why?
9. How did Zeno escape from the sanatorium?
10. Did Zeno's father regain consciousness and return to normal before he died?
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)