|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Zeno and Giovanna pass their time together?
(a) They talked and shared a bottle of wine.
(b) They ignored each other.
(c) They argued most of the time.
(d) They had a physical fight.
2. Using which words does Zeno describe Giovanna?
(a) Large and overbearing.
(b) Shrill and little.
(c) Competent and no-nonsense.
(d) Mean and cold.
3. What does Zeno say he would do if he was born again?
(a) Avoid cigarettes.
(b) Marry his wife again.
(c) Avoid Giovanni.
(d) Stay away from Guido.
4. Did Zeno cry immediately when he discovered that his father was ill?
(a) He tried to cry but could not.
(c) He did but pretended to have dust in his eyes.
5. What idea did Zeno's wife have for helping him to quit smoking?
(a) She suggested that he go into a sanatorium.
(b) She suggested a nicotine pill.
(c) She offered to hide his cigarettes.
(d) She suggested that he gradually cut back on his cigarette smoking.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old does Zeno say he was when he discovered that he hated the way cigarettes tasted and the way they made him feel?
2. Where was Zeno when his father died?
3. Who was Guido Speier?
4. How long did Zeno listen to his friend's lecture about the Greeks and the Hebrews?
5. Who discovered that Zeno's father was having health distress?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Zeno describe his future father-in-law?
2. How did Zeno behave in the company of Giovanni's daughters?
3. Did Zeno tell Augusta that he loved her before they were married?
4. Why did Zeno go to see Dr. Canestrini?
5. Who asked Zeno to write his own autobiography? Why?
6. What did Zeno say to Maria when she initially cried over his father's condition?
7. Did Zeno's wife feel alarmed about Zeno's addiction to cigarettes?
8. What did Zeno write about marriage and Mother Nature?
9. How did Ada behave towards Zeno while he was intent on falling in love with her?
10. Did Zeno's father regain consciousness and return to normal before he died?
This section contains 634 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)