|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which sister thought Zeno was mad?
2. According to Zeno, when did his mother die?
(a) When she was 73.
(b) When he was 20.
(c) Before he was 15.
(d) At the same time as his father.
3. How many times does Zeno say Giovanni cheated him?
(a) Ten times.
(b) Two times.
(c) Three times.
(d) Five times.
4. How did Zeno tell his father he viewed religion?
(a) As a fairy tale.
(b) As phenomenon.
(c) As something that has great meaning.
(d) As a lie.
5. Who managed Zeno's father's business affairs?
(c) His wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Dr. Muli?
2. Why does Zeno say he visited a doctor who used electricity to cure diseases?
3. What makes Zeno want to try Dr. Muli's cure?
4. How does Zeno describe the flavor of a last cigarette?
5. Why is Zeno keeping a journal?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Zeno marry Augusta?
2. Did Zeno's wife feel alarmed about Zeno's addiction to cigarettes?
3. Did Zeno's father regain consciousness and return to normal before he died?
4. Did Zeno tell Augusta that he loved her before they were married?
5. How did Zeno initially describe Augusta?
6. How does Zeno say his future father-in-law treated him?
7. How did Zeno describe his troubles with women to the doctor who had the electricity machine?
8. What does Zeno write about tears and faults?
9. How did Zeno's wife seem to feel about the idea of him going into the sanatorium?
10. Why did Zeno go to see Dr. Canestrini?
This section contains 660 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)