|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom did Zeno ask to marry him next when Ada refused?
2. What condition did Zeno think his father had?
(b) Cerebral hemorrhage.
3. According to Zeno, what was the most important event of his life?
(a) His father's death.
(b) His son's birth.
(c) His wedding.
(d) His graduation from law school.
4. What was Guido teaching the family when Zeno professed his love for Ada?
(a) Card tricks.
(b) Table turning.
(c) Fortune telling.
5. How old does Zeno say he was when he discovered that he hated the way cigarettes tasted and the way they made him feel?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Zeno say he came to steal?
2. What was the Tergesteo?
3. What does Zeno say about people who have not yet experienced marriage?
4. What disease did Tullio have?
5. According to Zeno, when did his mother die?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Ada behave towards Zeno while he was intent on falling in love with her?
2. Why did Zeno go to see Dr. Canestrini?
3. What two events does Zeno say stopped him from stealing?
4. How did Zeno describe Ada's appearance?
5. What does Zeno write about tears and faults?
6. Why didn't Zeno want his father to regain consciousness after he fell ill?
7. How did Zeno describe his troubles with women to the doctor who had the electricity machine?
8. Who asked Zeno to write his own autobiography? Why?
9. Did Zeno's father regain consciousness and return to normal before he died?
10. How did Zeno feel he compared to his father?
This section contains 654 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)