|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Zeno describe as his second trouble?
(b) A chronic sore throat.
(c) An addiction to alcohol.
(d) The effort he put into quitting smoking.
2. What did Guido do better than Zeno?
(a) Played the cello.
(d) Played the violin.
3. How old does Zeno say Giovanni is?
4. How does Zeno describe his past troubles with women?
(a) He was shy around them.
(b) He didn't like them.
(c) He desired all of them.
(d) They didn't like him.
5. How did Zeno try to impress Ada and her sisters?
(a) With magic tricks.
(b) By making up stories.
(c) By bragging about money.
(d) By talking about important people he knew.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom did Zeno ask to marry him next when Ada refused?
2. What emotions did Zeno feel when he realized his father was close to death thanks to him?
3. What does Zeno say that he did after making a resolution to stop smoking?
4. Which sister thought Zeno was mad?
5. How did Zeno feel after his future wife accepted his proposal?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Zeno's wife seem to feel about the idea of him going into the sanatorium?
2. At the end of Chapter 3, how did Zeno say he felt about marrying Augusta?
3. Why did Zeno marry Augusta?
4. Why does the doctor say he published Zeno's memoirs?
5. How did Zeno initially describe Augusta?
6. Did Zeno's wife feel alarmed about Zeno's addiction to cigarettes?
7. Did Zeno tell Augusta that he loved her before they were married?
8. What does Zeno write about tears and faults?
9. Why did Zeno's father say Zeno was mad?
10. Why didn't Zeno want his father to regain consciousness after he fell ill?
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)