|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what time of day does Zeno say his father died?
(a) 9:30 p.m.
(b) 6:43 a.m.
(c) 4:30 a.m.
(d) 7:00 p.m.
2. What did Guido do better than Zeno?
(a) Played the violin.
(d) Played the cello.
3. ______________was sent to get the doctor when Zeno's father became ill.
(a) The gardener.
(c) A neighbor.
4. A doctor asked Zeno's father to return for a follow-up visit after a few weeks. Why didn't his father go back to the doctor?
(a) He said the doctor's fees were astronomical.
(b) He believed the doctor was incompetent.
(c) He felt better.
(d) He said doctors and grave diggers were equally odious.
5. How did Zeno and Giovanna pass their time together?
(a) They ignored each other.
(b) They argued most of the time.
(c) They had a physical fight.
(d) They talked and shared a bottle of wine.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which sister loved Zeno?
2. How did Zeno feel about his future wife during his engagement?
3. What condition did Zeno think his father had?
4. What did Zeno shout in his father's ear when he died?
5. How does Zeno describe the importance of cigarettes that are not a person's last?
Short Essay Questions
1. Did Zeno's father regain consciousness and return to normal before he died?
2. Why did Zeno's father say Zeno was mad?
3. How did Zeno describe his troubles with women to the doctor who had the electricity machine?
4. How did Zeno's wife seem to feel about the idea of him going into the sanatorium?
5. How did Zeno describe Ada's appearance?
6. What two events does Zeno say stopped him from stealing?
7. How did Zeno escape from the sanatorium?
8. How did Zeno initially describe Augusta?
9. How did Zeno behave in the company of Giovanni's daughters?
10. Who asked Zeno to write his own autobiography? Why?
This section contains 685 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)