|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the doctor who cared for Zeno's father until his death?
(a) Dr. Canestrini.
(b) Dr. Muli.
(c) Dr. Coprosich.
(d) Doctor Alba.
2. What emotions did Zeno feel when he realized his father was close to death thanks to him?
(a) Anger and frustration.
(b) Relief and guilt.
(c) Remorse and sorrow.
(d) Confusuon and relief.
3. How did Zeno act whenever he was with Ada?
4. Using which words does Zeno describe Giovanna?
(a) Competent and no-nonsense.
(b) Mean and cold.
(c) Shrill and little.
(d) Large and overbearing.
5. According to Zeno's estimation, how old was his father's doctor?
(a) Not much older than twenty.
(b) In his thirties.
(c) In his seventies.
(d) Not more than forty.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Zeno say he used to decide when to stop smoking?
2. How does Zeno describe the importance of cigarettes that are not a person's last?
3. How did Zeno and Giovanna pass their time together?
4. How does Zeno say he felt after a session of childhood smoking?
5. What did Zeno's relatives reveal about his father?
Short Essay Questions
1. Did Zeno's wife feel alarmed about Zeno's addiction to cigarettes?
2. What does Zeno say he thinks will happen to pain and pleasure after death?
3. How did Zeno's wife seem to feel about the idea of him going into the sanatorium?
4. What did Zeno say to Maria when she initially cried over his father's condition?
5. What did Zeno write about marriage and Mother Nature?
6. At the end of Chapter 3, how did Zeno say he felt about marrying Augusta?
7. How did Zeno behave in the company of Giovanni's daughters?
8. What was the last thing Zeno's father did before he died?
9. What does the doctor apologize for in the preface? Why?
10. Did Zeno's father regain consciousness and return to normal before he died?
This section contains 671 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)