|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Zeno keeping a journal?
(a) To analyze his love for wine.
(b) To confess about bad habits.
(c) To become a published writer.
(d) To analyze his weakness for smoking.
2. How does Zeno describe the importance of cigarettes that are not a person's last?
(a) An assertion of freedom.
3. How many women did Zeno ask to marry him after the table turning?
4. When Zeno became ill with a painful sore throat and a fever, what did he resolve to do?
(a) Give up smoking.
(b) Take better care of his health.
(c) Develop a more positive outlook.
(d) Cut back on his smoking.
5. Which of the following was one of the physical features Zeno liked about his fiance?
(a) The shape of her lips.
(b) The color of her hair.
(c) Her blushes.
(d) The slant of her eyes.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Zeno get his first cigarette?
2. Whom does Zeno say died soon after he was married?
3. How does Zeno identify Giovanni Malfenti?
4. Using which words does Zeno describe Giovanna?
5. Who is the main character of this book?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the last thing Zeno's father did before he died?
2. Where does Zeno get his first cigarette, and how does he describe the first cigarettes he ever smoked?
3. How does Zeno describe his future father-in-law?
4. How did Zeno describe his troubles with women to the doctor who had the electricity machine?
5. In Chapter 5, was Zeno still in love with Ada?
6. How did Zeno think his business relationship with Guido might help Augusta?
7. At the end of Chapter 3, how did Zeno say he felt about marrying Augusta?
8. How did Zeno behave in the company of Giovanni's daughters?
9. What did Dr. S. say to Zeno when he ran into him by chance in Chapter 6?
10. Did Zeno want to go into business with Guido?
This section contains 678 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)