|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Zeno become agitated in the sanatorium?
(a) He was attracted to the person who was left to guard him.
(b) He suspected that he wife was having an affair with Dr. Muli.
(c) He had nicotine withdrawal.
(d) He didn't get his last cigarette.
2. How did Zeno and Giovanna pass their time together?
(a) They ignored each other.
(b) They had a physical fight.
(c) They talked and shared a bottle of wine.
(d) They argued most of the time.
3. ______________was sent to get the doctor when Zeno's father became ill.
(b) The gardener.
(d) A neighbor.
4. Who asked Zeno if he thought death was the end of everything?
(a) A nurse.
(b) Zeno's brother.
(c) Zeno's father.
(d) His mother.
5. How does Zeno describe his grief when his mother died?
(a) Like being a frightened boy all over again.
(b) Overwhelmingly painful.
(c) Emotionally crippling.
(d) A token to a new and intense life.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Alberta say she wanted to do with her life?
2. Whose idea was it to get the doctor when Zeno's father became ill?
3. What does Zeno say one never talks about after getting married?
4. When Zeno became ill with a painful sore throat and a fever, what did he resolve to do?
5. How does Zeno describe his relationship with his father?
Short Essay Questions
1. What two events does Zeno say stopped him from stealing?
2. Why does Zeno say it was difficult for him to spend time with his father?
3. Did Zeno's wife feel alarmed about Zeno's addiction to cigarettes?
4. What does the doctor apologize for in the preface? Why?
5. Why did Zeno go to see Dr. Canestrini?
6. How did Zeno's wife seem to feel about the idea of him going into the sanatorium?
7. Why didn't Zeno want his father to regain consciousness after he fell ill?
8. What does Zeno write about tears and faults?
9. Why did Zeno marry Augusta?
10. How does Zeno say his future father-in-law treated him?
This section contains 681 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)