Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What emotions did Zeno feel when he realized his father was close to death thanks to him?
(a) Remorse and sorrow.
(b) Relief and guilt.
(c) Confusuon and relief.
(d) Anger and frustration.
2. What did Zeno's relatives reveal about his father?
(a) He may have been unfaithful.
(b) He drank too much.
(c) He knew Zeno's secret.
(d) He was a gambler.
3. According to Zeno's estimation, how old was his father's doctor?
(a) In his seventies.
(b) Not more than forty.
(c) In his thirties.
(d) Not much older than twenty.
4. When Zeno became ill with a painful sore throat and a fever, what did he resolve to do?
(a) Develop a more positive outlook.
(b) Give up smoking.
(c) Take better care of his health.
(d) Cut back on his smoking.
5. What does Zeno say one never talks about after getting married?
(a) Prior Relationships.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Zeno describe the flavor of a last cigarette?
2. Who is the main character of this book?
3. How old does Zeno say he was when he discovered that he hated the way cigarettes tasted and the way they made him feel?
4. Whose idea was it to get the doctor when Zeno's father became ill?
5. How did Zeno feel about his future wife during his engagement?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 4, how does Zeno describe his feelings towards his wife?
2. Why does Zeno say it was difficult for him to spend time with his father?
3. What two events does Zeno say stopped him from stealing?
4. Why did Zeno marry Augusta?
5. Why didn't Zeno want his father to regain consciousness after he fell ill?
6. How did Zeno behave in the company of Giovanni's daughters?
7. How did Zeno feel about cheating on Augusta?
8. What does Zeno write about tears and faults?
9. Why did Zeno visit Dr. Paoli?
10. What does the doctor apologize for in the preface? Why?
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)