|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Zeno describe his relationship with his father?
(a) They were very close.
(b) They couldn't stand each other.
(c) They shared the same taste in cigars.
(d) They had little in common.
2. Which sister thought Zeno was mad?
3. How many women did Zeno ask to marry him after the table turning?
4. Who was Dr. Muli?
(a) The doctor with the electrical shock device.
(b) A doctor who treated people for love addiction.
(c) A doctor who opened a sanatorium in Trieste.
(d) The doctor who treated Zeno's chronic sore throat.
5. How many hours a day did Zeno tell Tullio he worked in his office?
(a) 18 hours.
(b) 6 hours.
(c) 12 hours.
(d) 8 hours.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose idea was it to get the doctor when Zeno's father became ill?
2. Why did Zeno become agitated in the sanatorium?
3. What makes Zeno want to try Dr. Muli's cure?
4. Why is Zeno keeping a journal?
5. Who was Guido Speier?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Zeno feel he compared to his father?
2. How does Zeno describe his future father-in-law?
3. Why does Zeno say it was difficult for him to spend time with his father?
4. What did Zeno say to Maria when she initially cried over his father's condition?
5. How did Zeno describe his troubles with women to the doctor who had the electricity machine?
6. Where does Zeno get his first cigarette, and how does he describe the first cigarettes he ever smoked?
7. How did Zeno behave in the company of Giovanni's daughters?
8. Why did Zeno go to see Dr. Canestrini?
9. Did Zeno's father regain consciousness and return to normal before he died?
10. Why did Zeno marry Augusta?
This section contains 656 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)