|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Zeno describe his grief when his mother died?
(a) Like being a frightened boy all over again.
(b) Overwhelmingly painful.
(c) A token to a new and intense life.
(d) Emotionally crippling.
2. What does Zeno describe as his second trouble?
(a) The effort he put into quitting smoking.
(b) A chronic sore throat.
(d) An addiction to alcohol.
3. What did Alberta say she wanted to do with her life?
(a) Become a college professor.
(b) See the world.
(c) Become a writer.
(d) Become a mother.
4. According to Zeno's estimation, how old was his father's doctor?
(a) Not more than forty.
(b) In his thirties.
(c) Not much older than twenty.
(d) In his seventies.
5. How many times does Zeno say Giovanni cheated him?
(a) Three times.
(b) Two times.
(c) Five times.
(d) Ten times.
Short Answer Questions
1. Using which words does Zeno describe Giovanna?
2. How did Zeno feel after his future wife accepted his proposal?
3. According to Zeno, what was the most important event of his life?
4. According to Zeno, when did his mother die?
5. How did Giovanni react to Zeno's talk about getting rid of Olivi and managing his own affairs?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Zeno write about tears and faults?
2. How does Zeno describe his future father-in-law?
3. What does Zeno say he thinks will happen to pain and pleasure after death?
4. How did Zeno initially describe Augusta?
5. Why does the doctor say he published Zeno's memoirs?
6. What two events does Zeno say stopped him from stealing?
7. How did Zeno describe his troubles with women to the doctor who had the electricity machine?
8. Did Zeno's father regain consciousness and return to normal before he died?
9. Why does Zeno say it was difficult for him to spend time with his father?
10. How did Zeno escape from the sanatorium?
This section contains 667 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)