|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Zeno feel after his future wife accepted his proposal?
(a) Immensely satisfied.
(b) Afraid of what he'd done.
2. Who was Guido Speier?
(a) Ada's love interest.
(b) A butler.
(c) Zeno's best friend.
(d) A professor.
3. Why did Zeno go to see Dr. Canestrini?
(a) For electrical treatments.
(b) To get a medicine that would dull his cigarette cravings.
(c) For his shortness of breath.
(d) To get a certificate of sanity.
4. What did Guido do better than Zeno?
(a) Played the violin.
(d) Played the cello.
5. How many hours a day did Zeno tell Tullio he worked in his office?
(a) 18 hours.
(b) 12 hours.
(c) 8 hours.
(d) 6 hours.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Zeno identify Giovanni Malfenti?
2. What condition did Zeno think his father had?
3. How did Zeno tell his father he viewed religion?
4. How does Zeno say he came to steal?
5. What did Zeno tell his father he was doing with his coat?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Zeno initially describe Augusta?
2. Did Zeno's wife feel alarmed about Zeno's addiction to cigarettes?
3. Who asked Zeno to write his own autobiography? Why?
4. Why does the doctor say he published Zeno's memoirs?
5. Why did Zeno's father say Zeno was mad?
6. What was the last thing Zeno's father did before he died?
7. How did Zeno feel he compared to his father?
8. What does Zeno say he thinks will happen to pain and pleasure after death?
9. What two events does Zeno say stopped him from stealing?
10. What did Zeno say to Maria when she initially cried over his father's condition?
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)