Final Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Ada say she hated about Guido?
(a) His snoring.
(b) His cheating.
(c) His violin playing.
(d) His pot belly.
2. How did Augusta feel about the fifth addition to the office?
3. How did Ada's illness make Augusta's family act towards Zeno?
(a) More affectionately.
(d) No differently.
4. Who was Enrico Copler?
(a) Zeno's sick friend.
(b) Zeno's accountant.
(c) Augusta's love interest.
(d) Zeno's rival.
5. With whom does Zeno say he returned to Trieste after being separated from his family?
(c) No one.
(d) A new mistress.
6. What did Zeno think of Carla?
(a) He thought she was too passionate.
(b) He thought she was charming.
(c) He thought she was rude.
(d) He thought she was a hard nut to crack.
7. What surprised Zeno about Augusta?
(a) She stopped loving him.
(b) She was a good cook.
(c) She had a nasty temper.
(d) She was a good wife.
8. What change did Zeno and Augusta disagree about?
(a) Adding a laundry.
(b) Adding a den.
(c) Keeping the study for Zeno.
(d) Adding a nursery.
9. Why did Ada say Zeno was good?
(a) He helped Guido for free.
(b) He always went home to his wife and children.
(c) He stopped making passes at her.
(d) He loved Augusta.
10. How does Zeno say he felt when he discovered that he did not have the disease he expected?
(a) Young again.
(d) More confused than ever.
11. How did Guido die?
(a) Ada murdered him.
(b) He pretended to commit suicide again. He succeeded in killing himself this time.
(c) Carmen murdered him.
(d) He had a heart attack.
12. What did Zeno worry that Carla would want from him?
(a) Too much time.
(d) Too much money.
13. How does Zeno say Augusta changed his home?
(a) She removed all of his favorite things.
(b) She added too many feminine touches.
(c) She chose unappealing furnishings.
(d) She made it warmer and more comfortable.
14. What does Zeno say he realized with horror after giving up treatment?
(a) He craved cigars.
(b) He'd lost his focus in life.
(c) He'd stopped chasing women, except for his wife.
(d) He really did hate his father.
15. Why does Zeno say he was irritated by Guido's way of thinking?
(a) He reminded him of Giovanni.
(b) His thoughts were similar to Zeno's.
(c) He saw his faults so clearly.
(d) He reminded him of his father.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does Zeno usually attribute many of his shortcomings?
2. After Zeno describes a particular dream, the doctor says Zeno is cured. What did the woman in his dream look like?
3. What disease was Ada diagnosed with?
4. In Chapter 4, what startling discovery did Zeno say he made?
5. How did Zeno react towards his daughter when she screamed too much?
This section contains 500 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)