|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Zeno say Augusta changed his home?
(a) She removed all of his favorite things.
(b) She chose unappealing furnishings.
(c) She added too many feminine touches.
(d) She made it warmer and more comfortable.
2. About how long does Zeno say he preserved his faith in Guido's undertaking?
(a) One year.
(b) Two years.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) Three months.
3. Why did Carla end the affair with Zeno?
(a) Zeno was harsh with her.
(b) She didn't want to hurt Zeno's wife.
(c) Zeno tried to force her to continue singing.
(d) She wanted to get married.
4. What did Zeno tire of doing on his honeymoon?
(a) Spending money.
(b) Reassuring his wife.
(c) Kissing his wife.
(d) Going to museums.
5. Why does Zeno say Catina called him a little Jew?
(a) He refused to lend his brother his spoon.
(b) She disliked Jews.
(c) The way he looked.
(d) He refused to give her money.
6. Who was Enrico Copler?
(a) Zeno's sick friend.
(b) Augusta's love interest.
(c) Zeno's accountant.
(d) Zeno's rival.
7. What did Zeno think the first time Carla sang for him?
(a) He thought her voice lost its musical quality when she sang.
(b) He thought she had superior talent.
(c) He thought he could sing better.
(d) He thought she had a voice made for lullabies.
8. What did the doctor say Zeno was lost without?
(b) A mothering influence.
(c) A modicum of hatred.
(d) A woman.
9. From which of the following people did the doctor solicit information about Guido: Carmen, Augusta, or Luciano?
(a) None of them.
10. How does Zeno say he found solitude in Chapter 6?
11. How did Guido die?
(a) Ada murdered him.
(b) He had a heart attack.
(c) Carmen murdered him.
(d) He pretended to commit suicide again. He succeeded in killing himself this time.
12. Why did Ada visit the office unexpectedly?
(a) To see the fifth addition to the office.
(b) To announce that she was pregnant.
(c) To seduce Zeno.
(d) To tell Zeno that Augusta was leaving him.
13. Who initially worked in the office with Zeno and Guido?
14. How does Zeno say he felt when he discovered that he did not have the disease he expected?
(b) Young again.
(d) More confused than ever.
15. What decisive action did Carla take to end her affair with Zeno?
(a) She moved away.
(b) She married Lali.
(c) She told Zeno's wife about the affair.
(d) She told Ada about the affair.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Zeno feel about diabetes when he thought he'd be diagnosed with it?
2. After Zeno describes a particular dream, the doctor says Zeno is cured. What did the woman in his dream look like?
3. Who asked Zeno to join him in business?
4. What does Zeno do about smoking after ending his psychoanalysis sessions?
5. What did Zeno tell himself he was going to do when he visited Carla for the third time?
This section contains 543 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)