|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Ada ask Zeno to promise before she left for the sanatorium?
(a) To prevent Guido from cheating.
(b) To take care of Guido.
(c) To be faithful to Augusta.
(d) To care for her children.
2. How did Augusta feel about the fifth addition to the office?
3. What did Zeno worry that Carla would want from him?
(a) Too much money.
(d) Too much time.
4. What did Zeno tell himself he was going to do when he visited Carla for the third time?
(a) Give her up.
(b) Confess his love for his wife.
(c) Make love to her.
(d) Kiss her.
5. In Chapter 5, how does Zeno say Guido seemed to him?
(a) Confused about his future.
(b) Worn out.
(c) Exceedingly happy.
(d) Weak and in need of protection.
6. Which war begins at the end of this book?
(a) The Thirty Years' War.
(b) World War II.
(c) World War I.
(d) The American Revolution.
7. What does Zeno say he realized with horror after giving up treatment?
(a) He craved cigars.
(b) He'd lost his focus in life.
(c) He really did hate his father.
(d) He'd stopped chasing women, except for his wife.
8. How does Zeno say he found solitude in Chapter 6?
9. To what does Zeno usually attribute many of his shortcomings?
(c) A poor childhood.
10. Who was the fourth addition to the office Zeno shared with Guido?
(b) A bird.
(c) A dog.
11. How did Zeno feel about diabetes when he thought he'd be diagnosed with it?
(a) He was terrified of it.
(b) He felt he'd brought it on himself.
(c) He hated it.
(d) He loved it.
12. What did the doctor say about Zeno seeing colors?
(a) Zeno must have been dreaming.
(b) He felt Zeno was making things up again.
(c) Zeno had made an important scientific discovery.
(d) Nicotine had made his eyes ultra-sensitive.
13. What did Zeno think the first time Carla sang for him?
(a) He thought her voice lost its musical quality when she sang.
(b) He thought he could sing better.
(c) He thought she had superior talent.
(d) He thought she had a voice made for lullabies.
14. In Chapter 5, how did Augusta feel after hearing that Zeno had dreamed of Ada?
15. How did Zeno feel when he thought of Augusta taking a second husband?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Carla do with the first envelope of money Zeno offered her?
2. Why did Guido pretend to commit suicide?
3. What was the state of Carla's virtue before Zeno's affair with her?
4. What did Zeno tell the doctor when he returned to see him the next day?
5. How did Guido die?
This section contains 542 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)