|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Augusta feel about the fifth addition to the office?
2. Who initially worked in the office with Zeno and Guido?
3. What did Ada ask Zeno to promise before she left for the sanatorium?
(a) To be faithful to Augusta.
(b) To care for her children.
(c) To prevent Guido from cheating.
(d) To take care of Guido.
4. What does Zeno say made him work so energetically for Guido?
(a) He wanted to prove his worth to Ada.
(b) His need for money.
(c) His gratitude.
(d) He wanted to take over Guido's business.
5. What did Zeno tire of doing on his honeymoon?
(a) Spending money.
(b) Reassuring his wife.
(c) Kissing his wife.
(d) Going to museums.
6. How does Zeno say Augusta changed his home?
(a) She added too many feminine touches.
(b) She made it warmer and more comfortable.
(c) She removed all of his favorite things.
(d) She chose unappealing furnishings.
7. Why did Carla end the affair with Zeno?
(a) Zeno was harsh with her.
(b) She wanted to get married.
(c) She didn't want to hurt Zeno's wife.
(d) Zeno tried to force her to continue singing.
8. What disease was Ada diagnosed with?
(d) Morbus Basedow.
9. How does Zeno say he found solitude in Chapter 6?
10. How did Zeno feel about diabetes when he thought he'd be diagnosed with it?
(a) He was terrified of it.
(b) He hated it.
(c) He loved it.
(d) He felt he'd brought it on himself.
11. On Zeno's third visit to see Carla, why didn't he think of Augusta?
(a) He was angry with his father-in-law.
(b) He was feeling very passionate.
(c) He stopped loving her.
(d) He was angry with Augusta.
12. In Chapter 5, how did Augusta feel after hearing that Zeno had dreamed of Ada?
13. Who asked Zeno to join him in business?
(b) Carla's husband.
(d) Ada's new husband.
14. Who caught Tacich's eye as a love interest?
(a) Zeno's daughter.
15. What was Carla's financial status?
(a) She was of little means.
(b) She was an up and coming business person.
(c) She had a small trust fund.
(d) She was very wealthy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What decisive action did Carla take to end her affair with Zeno?
2. In Chapter 6, why did Zeno leave the doctor's office smoking like a Turk?
3. How did Zeno usually treat Augusta during his affair with Carla?
4. Why does Zeno say Catina called him a little Jew?
5. How did Guido die?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)