|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the fourth addition to the office Zeno shared with Guido?
(a) A dog.
(c) A bird.
2. What did the doctor say about Zeno seeing colors?
(a) Nicotine had made his eyes ultra-sensitive.
(b) Zeno had made an important scientific discovery.
(c) He felt Zeno was making things up again.
(d) Zeno must have been dreaming.
3. What did Zeno worry that Carla would want from him?
(c) Too much time.
(d) Too much money.
4. Whom did Augusta say Antonia resembled?
(a) Augusta's mother.
(c) Augusta's aunt.
(d) Augusta's father.
5. Who asked Zeno to join him in business?
(a) Carla's husband.
(d) Ada's new husband.
6. How did Augusta feel about the fifth addition to the office?
7. In one of his memories, Zeno's father raises his leg to kick him. What or whom did Zeno kick when no one was looking?
(a) Augusta's dog.
(b) His daughter.
(c) His son.
(d) Guido's dog.
8. What does Zeno say made him work so energetically for Guido?
(a) He wanted to prove his worth to Ada.
(b) His need for money.
(c) His gratitude.
(d) He wanted to take over Guido's business.
9. In Chapter 4, what startling discovery did Zeno say he made?
(a) Ada secretly loved him.
(b) Alberta met a man she wanted to marry.
(c) He was unsuited to marriage.
(d) He loved Augusta as much as she loved him.
10. With whom did Carla live?
(a) Her mother and father.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her sister.
11. How did the doctor think Zeno really felt about Giovanni?
(a) He thought Zeno regretted being bad good son-in-law.
(b) He thought Zeno loved Giovanni more than his father.
(c) He felt that Zeno was jealous of him.
(d) He thought Zeno really hated him.
12. Where did Ada go to recover from her illness?
(a) To the family vacation home.
(b) To her sister's house.
(c) To live with her mother.
(d) To a sanatorium.
13. How did Zeno say he felt after his made-up dream?
14. How many months did Zeno spend away from the office in Chapter 5?
(a) One month.
(b) Three months.
(c) Five months.
(d) Two months.
15. What did Zeno tell the doctor when he returned to see him the next day?
(a) He could no longer stand the smell of cigarettes.
(b) His chronic bronchitis had broken out again.
(c) He'd been unable to sleep all night.
(d) Smoking no longer harmed him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Zeno feel about the doctor's diagnosis?
2. What disease was Ada diagnosed with?
3. On Zeno's third visit to see Carla, why didn't he think of Augusta?
4. How did Zeno initially feel about sleeping with Carla?
5. In Chapter 6, what did Zeno say the freedom to smoke gave him?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)