|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Wife and Mistress.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Guido Speier?
(a) Zeno's best friend.
(b) Ada's love interest.
(c) A professor.
(d) A butler.
2. When Zeno became ill with a painful sore throat and a fever, what did he resolve to do?
(a) Give up smoking.
(b) Develop a more positive outlook.
(c) Take better care of his health.
(d) Cut back on his smoking.
3. Why did Zeno become agitated in the sanatorium?
(a) He was attracted to the person who was left to guard him.
(b) He had nicotine withdrawal.
(c) He suspected that he wife was having an affair with Dr. Muli.
(d) He didn't get his last cigarette.
4. Who asked Zeno if he thought death was the end of everything?
(a) Zeno's father.
(b) His mother.
(c) Zeno's brother.
(d) A nurse.
5. What does Zeno say about the noble attitude one has when he makes a resolution to quit smoking?
(a) It ensures that the resolution will work.
(b) It makes quitting easier.
(c) A person can only keep the noble attitude by renewing his resolutions.
(d) It helps a person to feel better about himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Zeno always try to quit smoking?
2. How did Zeno usually treat Augusta during his affair with Carla?
3. How did Giovanni react to Zeno's talk about getting rid of Olivi and managing his own affairs?
4. Who was Enrico Copler?
5. How did Augusta react when Zeno accidentally told her he loved Ada?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)