|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Wife and Mistress.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many hours a day did Zeno tell Tullio he worked in his office?
(a) 12 hours.
(b) 6 hours.
(c) 8 hours.
(d) 18 hours.
2. What did Carla do with the first envelope of money Zeno offered her?
(a) She refused it.
(b) She took it happily.
(c) She gave it to her maid.
(d) She took it reluctantly.
3. How did Zeno try to impress Ada and her sisters?
(a) By bragging about money.
(b) With magic tricks.
(c) By making up stories.
(d) By talking about important people he knew.
4. How did Zeno escape the sanatorium?
(a) He overpowered Dr. Muli.
(b) He tricked Giovanna into giving him cigarettes and leaving the door open.
(c) He stole the key to a door that lead outside.
(d) He overpowered Giovanna.
5. According to Zeno, what was the most important event of his life?
(a) His father's death.
(b) His graduation from law school.
(c) His son's birth.
(d) His wedding.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Zeno say Guido felt about women?
2. What doubt does Zeno say may have bound him to his vice?
3. What effect did Zeno think his marriage had on him at first?
4. How does Zeno describe his father's death?
5. How did Zeno tell his father he viewed religion?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)