|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Wife and Mistress.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Zeno say that he did after making a resolution to stop smoking?
(a) Hid his cigarettes.
(b) Smoked one last cigarette.
(c) Threw his cigarettes away.
(d) Celebrated with a glass of wine.
2. How does Zeno say he used to decide when to stop smoking?
(a) He began new resolutions when he had something to celebrate.
(b) He stopped when he got sick.
(c) He decided to quit on the first day of each week.
(d) He picked significant dates and events.
3. What makes Zeno want to try Dr. Muli's cure?
(a) He wants to please his mother.
(b) He wants his son to find him balanced, and he's worried about Olivi leaving.
(c) He grows tired of the electrical treatments.
(d) He wants to please his father and his wife.
4. What does Zeno say he would do if he was born again?
(a) Stay away from Guido.
(b) Marry his wife again.
(c) Avoid Giovanni.
(d) Avoid cigarettes.
5. How did Zeno act whenever he was with Ada?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Zeno describe his relationship with his father?
2. Why didn't Copler learn of the relationship between Carla and Zeno?
3. What two fears does Zeno discuss in Chapter 4?
4. What does Zeno say about the noble attitude one has when he makes a resolution to quit smoking?
5. What emotions did Zeno feel when he realized his father was close to death thanks to him?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)