|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Wife and Mistress.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Zeno when his father died?
(a) With his father.
(b) With his mother.
(c) With a friend.
(d) At school.
2. How did Zeno usually treat Augusta during his affair with Carla?
(a) With hostility.
(b) With his customary tenderness and affection.
(c) Like a sister.
3. Who is the main character of this book?
(a) Dr. Hahn.
(b) Dr. Muli.
4. What effect did Zeno think his marriage had on him at first?
(a) He felt it dampened his passions.
(b) He believed it made his cigarette cravings more intense.
(c) He thought it put him on the road to perfect health.
(d) He believed it stifled his creative energy.
5. How did Augusta react when Zeno accidentally told her he loved Ada?
(a) She ran away.
(b) She slapped him.
(c) She promised not to tell anyone.
(d) She cried uncontrollably.
Short Answer Questions
1. Did Zeno cry immediately when he discovered that his father was ill?
2. How did Zeno feel after his future wife accepted his proposal?
3. What makes Zeno want to try Dr. Muli's cure?
4. What surprised Zeno about Augusta?
5. On Zeno's third visit to see Carla, why didn't he think of Augusta?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)