|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Wife and Mistress.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Zeno tell his father he was doing with his coat?
(a) Admiring the color.
(b) Brushing it off.
(c) Counting buttons.
(d) Looking for loose change.
2. What decisive action did Carla take to end her affair with Zeno?
(a) She told Ada about the affair.
(b) She moved away.
(c) She married Lali.
(d) She told Zeno's wife about the affair.
3. Who is the main character of this book?
(b) Dr. Hahn.
(d) Dr. Muli.
4. A doctor asked Zeno's father to return for a follow-up visit after a few weeks. Why didn't his father go back to the doctor?
(a) He believed the doctor was incompetent.
(b) He felt better.
(c) He said doctors and grave diggers were equally odious.
(d) He said the doctor's fees were astronomical.
5. How did Augusta react when Zeno accidentally told her he loved Ada?
(a) She slapped him.
(b) She promised not to tell anyone.
(c) She cried uncontrollably.
(d) She ran away.
Short Answer Questions
1. Once Zeno bought his first pack of cigarettes, how many did he say he smoked at one time?
2. What makes Zeno want to try Dr. Muli's cure?
3. What does Zeno say that he did after making a resolution to stop smoking?
4. How long did Zeno listen to his friend's lecture about the Greeks and the Hebrews?
5. What was the Tergesteo?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)