|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Wife and Mistress.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Zeno say he came to steal?
(a) He stole cigarettes from his brother.
(b) He stole money for cigarettes.
(c) He stole cigarettes from his mother.
(d) He stole cigarettes from a store.
2. Did Zeno cry immediately when he discovered that his father was ill?
(b) He tried to cry but could not.
(c) He did but pretended to have dust in his eyes.
3. Who asked Zeno if he thought death was the end of everything?
(a) Zeno's brother.
(b) His mother.
(c) A nurse.
(d) Zeno's father.
4. How does Zeno describe the importance of cigarettes that are not a person's last?
(b) An assertion of freedom.
5. At what time of day does Zeno say his father died?
(a) 6:43 a.m.
(b) 9:30 p.m.
(c) 4:30 a.m.
(d) 7:00 p.m.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Zeno's relatives reveal about his father?
2. How does Zeno describe his past troubles with women?
3. Why did Zeno tell Augusta about Carla?
4. Who was Carla Gerco?
5. Which sister thought Zeno was mad?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)