|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Wife and Mistress.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Guido do better than Zeno?
(a) Played the cello.
(b) Played the violin.
2. How did Zeno act whenever he was with Ada?
3. In Chapter 4, what startling discovery did Zeno say he made?
(a) He loved Augusta as much as she loved him.
(b) He was unsuited to marriage.
(c) Ada secretly loved him.
(d) Alberta met a man she wanted to marry.
4. What makes Zeno want to try Dr. Muli's cure?
(a) He grows tired of the electrical treatments.
(b) He wants to please his mother.
(c) He wants to please his father and his wife.
(d) He wants his son to find him balanced, and he's worried about Olivi leaving.
5. What did Zeno think of Carla?
(a) He thought she was too passionate.
(b) He thought she was charming.
(c) He thought she was a hard nut to crack.
(d) He thought she was rude.
Short Answer Questions
1. What two fears does Zeno discuss in Chapter 4?
2. According to Zeno, what was the most important event of his life?
3. What was the state of Carla's virtue before Zeno's affair with her?
4. Whose idea was it to get the doctor when Zeno's father became ill?
5. What does Zeno say he would do if he was born again?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)