|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Wife and Mistress.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Zeno describe the importance of cigarettes that are not a person's last?
(b) An assertion of freedom.
2. What did Zeno tell himself he was going to do when he visited Carla for the third time?
(a) Give her up.
(b) Confess his love for his wife.
(c) Kiss her.
(d) Make love to her.
3. How does Zeno say he came to steal?
(a) He stole cigarettes from a store.
(b) He stole cigarettes from his brother.
(c) He stole cigarettes from his mother.
(d) He stole money for cigarettes.
4. Whose idea was it to get the doctor when Zeno's father became ill?
(d) The neighbor's.
5. How does Zeno say Augusta changed his home?
(a) She removed all of his favorite things.
(b) She made it warmer and more comfortable.
(c) She chose unappealing furnishings.
(d) She added too many feminine touches.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Enrico Copler?
2. How did Zeno feel about his future wife during his engagement?
3. On the day of his wedding, who arrived and stimulated Zeno to leave and go to the ceremony?
4. What did the doctor decide was ailing Zeno?
5. Whom does Zeno say was left to guard him in the sanatorium?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)