|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Wife and Mistress.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Zeno say he visited a doctor who used electricity to cure diseases?
(a) He hoped the doctor would treat his lack of stomach acids.
(b) He thought electricity could cure his insomnia.
(c) He wanted a cure for his troubles with women.
(d) He hoped the doctor would discover that the nicotine was poisoning his blood.
2. Why did Zeno become agitated in the sanatorium?
(a) He didn't get his last cigarette.
(b) He suspected that he wife was having an affair with Dr. Muli.
(c) He had nicotine withdrawal.
(d) He was attracted to the person who was left to guard him.
3. What was Zeno's nickname for his father when he was in college?
(a) Old Iron Fist.
(b) Tight Wad.
(c) Old Silva Free Fist.
(d) Old Goat.
4. Using which words does Zeno describe Giovanna?
(a) Mean and cold.
(b) Large and overbearing.
(c) Shrill and little.
(d) Competent and no-nonsense.
5. How many women did Zeno ask to marry him after the table turning?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Zeno say one never talks about after getting married?
2. What did Zeno tire of doing on his honeymoon?
3. What did Zeno tell himself he was going to do when he visited Carla for the third time?
4. How much time does Zeno say he spent with his father before his death?
5. What did Zeno think the first time Carla sang for him?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)