|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Wife and Mistress.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Alberta say she wanted to do with her life?
(a) Become a writer.
(b) See the world.
(c) Become a college professor.
(d) Become a mother.
2. What was the nurse's name?
3. What did Zeno shout in his father's ear when he died?
(a) "I am sorry!"
(b) "I'll never forgive you!"
(c) "Don't leave me!"
(d) "It was not my fault!"
4. What idea did Zeno's wife have for helping him to quit smoking?
(a) She suggested a nicotine pill.
(b) She suggested that he go into a sanatorium.
(c) She offered to hide his cigarettes.
(d) She suggested that he gradually cut back on his cigarette smoking.
5. How did Zeno feel about his future wife during his engagement?
(a) He felt physical desire for her.
(b) He found her funny.
(c) He found her repulsive.
(d) He hated her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who discovered that Zeno's father was having health distress?
2. How does Zeno say Augusta changed his home?
3. Who is the main character of this book?
4. How old does Zeno say he was when he discovered that he hated the way cigarettes tasted and the way they made him feel?
5. How did Zeno escape the sanatorium?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)