|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Wife and Mistress.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What phrase does Zeno use to describe Dr. Muli?
(a) Of uncertain age.
(b) Aggressively cheerful.
(c) The picture of elegance.
(d) Lean but strong.
2. Once Zeno bought his first pack of cigarettes, how many did he say he smoked at one time?
3. How does Zeno think his father felt about Zeno's future?
4. Why did Zeno go to see Dr. Canestrini?
(a) For his shortness of breath.
(b) For electrical treatments.
(c) To get a medicine that would dull his cigarette cravings.
(d) To get a certificate of sanity.
5. What did Zeno shout in his father's ear when he died?
(a) "I am sorry!"
(b) "Don't leave me!"
(c) "It was not my fault!"
(d) "I'll never forgive you!"
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Enrico Copler?
2. Why did Zeno tell Augusta about Carla?
3. When Zeno became ill with a painful sore throat and a fever, what did he resolve to do?
4. Who accepted Zeno's proposal in the end?
5. What does Zeno say one never talks about after getting married?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)