|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Wife and Mistress.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Zeno keeping a journal?
(a) To analyze his weakness for smoking.
(b) To analyze his love for wine.
(c) To become a published writer.
(d) To confess about bad habits.
2. According to Zeno, when did his mother die?
(a) Before he was 15.
(b) At the same time as his father.
(c) When she was 73.
(d) When he was 20.
3. How does Zeno say he used to decide when to stop smoking?
(a) He decided to quit on the first day of each week.
(b) He began new resolutions when he had something to celebrate.
(c) He stopped when he got sick.
(d) He picked significant dates and events.
4. How did Zeno tell his father he viewed religion?
(a) As phenomenon.
(b) As something that has great meaning.
(c) As a lie.
(d) As a fairy tale.
5. On Zeno's third visit to see Carla, why didn't he think of Augusta?
(a) He was angry with his father-in-law.
(b) He was angry with Augusta.
(c) He was feeling very passionate.
(d) He stopped loving her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Guido Speier?
2. How did Zeno usually treat Augusta during his affair with Carla?
3. What did Zeno's relatives reveal about his father?
4. How did Augusta react when Zeno accidentally told her he loved Ada?
5. How did Zeno act whenever he was with Ada?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)