|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Wife and Mistress.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the Tergesteo?
(a) The tax authority.
(b) The capital of Trieste.
(c) The Bourse of Trieste.
(d) The university he attended.
2. How does Zeno identify Giovanni Malfenti?
(a) As his future wife's guardian.
(b) As his future father-in-law.
(c) As his future wife's brother.
(d) As his future wife's uncle.
3. How does Zeno describe his grief when his mother died?
(a) Emotionally crippling.
(b) Overwhelmingly painful.
(c) Like being a frightened boy all over again.
(d) A token to a new and intense life.
4. What did Zeno tell himself he was going to do when he visited Carla for the third time?
(a) Kiss her.
(b) Make love to her.
(c) Give her up.
(d) Confess his love for his wife.
5. What surprised Zeno about Augusta?
(a) She stopped loving him.
(b) She was a good cook.
(c) She had a nasty temper.
(d) She was a good wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose idea was it to get the doctor when Zeno's father became ill?
2. With whom did Carla live?
3. Which of the following was one of the physical features Zeno liked about his fiance?
4. Where was Zeno when his father died?
5. Who asked Zeno if he thought death was the end of everything?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)