|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Wife and Mistress.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old does Zeno say Giovanni is?
2. How did Augusta react when Zeno accidentally told her he loved Ada?
(a) She cried uncontrollably.
(b) She slapped him.
(c) She ran away.
(d) She promised not to tell anyone.
3. Using which words does Zeno describe Giovanna?
(a) Shrill and little.
(b) Competent and no-nonsense.
(c) Mean and cold.
(d) Large and overbearing.
4. How did Zeno feel after his future wife accepted his proposal?
(b) Afraid of what he'd done.
(d) Immensely satisfied.
5. What did the doctor say when Zeno asked him whether there was any hope?
(a) "There's a 50-percent chance of recovery."
(b) "There is reason to hope."
(c) "There is always hope!"
(d) "None whatever!"
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Zeno worry that Carla would want from him?
2. How does Zeno describe the importance of cigarettes that are not a person's last?
3. How did Zeno and Giovanna pass their time together?
4. Whose idea was it to get the doctor when Zeno's father became ill?
5. What change did Zeno and Augusta disagree about?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)