|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Wife and Mistress.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Zeno identify Giovanni Malfenti?
(a) As his future wife's uncle.
(b) As his future father-in-law.
(c) As his future wife's brother.
(d) As his future wife's guardian.
2. How many hours a day did Zeno tell Tullio he worked in his office?
(a) 18 hours.
(b) 8 hours.
(c) 12 hours.
(d) 6 hours.
3. A doctor asked Zeno's father to return for a follow-up visit after a few weeks. Why didn't his father go back to the doctor?
(a) He felt better.
(b) He believed the doctor was incompetent.
(c) He said the doctor's fees were astronomical.
(d) He said doctors and grave diggers were equally odious.
4. What did the doctor say when Zeno asked him whether there was any hope?
(a) "None whatever!"
(b) "There's a 50-percent chance of recovery."
(c) "There is reason to hope."
(d) "There is always hope!"
5. How does Zeno say Augusta changed his home?
(a) She chose unappealing furnishings.
(b) She removed all of his favorite things.
(c) She made it warmer and more comfortable.
(d) She added too many feminine touches.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Augusta react when Zeno accidentally told her he loved Ada?
2. What does Zeno say about people who have not yet experienced marriage?
3. How did Zeno tell his father he viewed religion?
4. Did Zeno cry immediately when he discovered that his father was ill?
5. How did Giovanni react to Zeno's talk about getting rid of Olivi and managing his own affairs?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)