|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Preamble and Chapter 1, Smoke.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Zeno say that he did after making a resolution to stop smoking?
(a) Threw his cigarettes away.
(b) Hid his cigarettes.
(c) Smoked one last cigarette.
(d) Celebrated with a glass of wine.
2. Once Zeno bought his first pack of cigarettes, how many did he say he smoked at one time?
3. How does Zeno describe the importance of cigarettes that are not a person's last?
(c) An assertion of freedom.
4. How does Zeno say he came to steal?
(a) He stole cigarettes from his mother.
(b) He stole cigarettes from his brother.
(c) He stole cigarettes from a store.
(d) He stole money for cigarettes.
5. What phrase does Zeno use to describe Dr. Muli?
(a) Of uncertain age.
(b) Aggressively cheerful.
(c) The picture of elegance.
(d) Lean but strong.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Dr. Muli?
2. How does Zeno say he felt after a session of childhood smoking?
3. How does Zeno always try to quit smoking?
4. Why did Zeno become agitated in the sanatorium?
5. How does Zeno describe his past troubles with women?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)