|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Preamble and Chapter 1, Smoke.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What doubt does Zeno say may have bound him to his vice?
(a) Doubt about working.
(b) Doubt about pursuing science in school.
(c) Doubt about studying law.
(d) Doubt about becoming a strong, perfect man.
2. How does Zeno say he felt after a session of childhood smoking?
3. What phrase does Zeno use to describe Dr. Muli?
(a) Of uncertain age.
(b) Aggressively cheerful.
(c) The picture of elegance.
(d) Lean but strong.
4. How many cigarettes did Zeno take to the sanatorium?
5. Why did Zeno become agitated in the sanatorium?
(a) He was attracted to the person who was left to guard him.
(b) He didn't get his last cigarette.
(c) He had nicotine withdrawal.
(d) He suspected that he wife was having an affair with Dr. Muli.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Zeno escape the sanatorium?
2. What did Zeno tell his father he was doing with his coat?
3. What does Zeno say about the noble attitude one has when he makes a resolution to quit smoking?
4. How old does Zeno say he was when he discovered that he hated the way cigarettes tasted and the way they made him feel?
5. Whom does Zeno say was left to guard him in the sanatorium?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)