|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Preamble and Chapter 1, Smoke.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Zeno become agitated in the sanatorium?
(a) He had nicotine withdrawal.
(b) He suspected that he wife was having an affair with Dr. Muli.
(c) He didn't get his last cigarette.
(d) He was attracted to the person who was left to guard him.
2. What does Zeno say about the noble attitude one has when he makes a resolution to quit smoking?
(a) It helps a person to feel better about himself.
(b) It makes quitting easier.
(c) A person can only keep the noble attitude by renewing his resolutions.
(d) It ensures that the resolution will work.
3. What idea did Zeno's wife have for helping him to quit smoking?
(a) She suggested a nicotine pill.
(b) She offered to hide his cigarettes.
(c) She suggested that he go into a sanatorium.
(d) She suggested that he gradually cut back on his cigarette smoking.
4. What did the doctor decide was ailing Zeno?
(a) He had a chronic lung disorder.
(b) His stomach lacked acid.
(c) He was depressed.
(d) He was addicted to smoking.
5. How did Zeno escape the sanatorium?
(a) He overpowered Dr. Muli.
(b) He overpowered Giovanna.
(c) He tricked Giovanna into giving him cigarettes and leaving the door open.
(d) He stole the key to a door that lead outside.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Zeno say he came to steal?
2. How old does Zeno say he was when he discovered that he hated the way cigarettes tasted and the way they made him feel?
3. Whom does Zeno say was left to guard him in the sanatorium?
4. How does Zeno say he used to decide when to stop smoking?
5. How does Zeno say he felt after a session of childhood smoking?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)