|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Preamble and Chapter 1, Smoke.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the main character of this book?
(b) Dr. Hahn.
(d) Dr. Muli.
2. What doubt does Zeno say may have bound him to his vice?
(a) Doubt about working.
(b) Doubt about studying law.
(c) Doubt about becoming a strong, perfect man.
(d) Doubt about pursuing science in school.
3. What phrase does Zeno use to describe Dr. Muli?
(a) Aggressively cheerful.
(b) The picture of elegance.
(c) Lean but strong.
(d) Of uncertain age.
4. How does Zeno describe the flavor of a last cigarette?
(b) More poignant than others.
(d) Like freedom.
5. How many cigarettes did Zeno take to the sanatorium?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Zeno describe the importance of cigarettes that are not a person's last?
2. What did Zeno tell his father he was doing with his coat?
3. Why did Zeno become agitated in the sanatorium?
4. What did the doctor decide was ailing Zeno?
5. What makes Zeno want to try Dr. Muli's cure?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)