|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Preamble and Chapter 1, Smoke.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Zeno describe the importance of cigarettes that are not a person's last?
(d) An assertion of freedom.
2. How does Zeno say he came to steal?
(a) He stole money for cigarettes.
(b) He stole cigarettes from a store.
(c) He stole cigarettes from his brother.
(d) He stole cigarettes from his mother.
3. What does Zeno describe as his second trouble?
(a) A chronic sore throat.
(b) The effort he put into quitting smoking.
(c) An addiction to alcohol.
4. What does Zeno say that he did after making a resolution to stop smoking?
(a) Smoked one last cigarette.
(b) Threw his cigarettes away.
(c) Celebrated with a glass of wine.
(d) Hid his cigarettes.
5. How does Zeno describe the flavor of a last cigarette?
(b) More poignant than others.
(d) Like freedom.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Zeno say he visited a doctor who used electricity to cure diseases?
2. Why did Zeno become agitated in the sanatorium?
3. How old does Zeno say he was when he discovered that he hated the way cigarettes tasted and the way they made him feel?
4. How does Zeno describe his past troubles with women?
5. Who was Dr. Muli?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)