|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Preamble and Chapter 1, Smoke.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Dr. Muli?
(a) A doctor who opened a sanatorium in Trieste.
(b) The doctor with the electrical shock device.
(c) The doctor who treated Zeno's chronic sore throat.
(d) A doctor who treated people for love addiction.
2. What phrase does Zeno use to describe Dr. Muli?
(a) Lean but strong.
(b) Of uncertain age.
(c) Aggressively cheerful.
(d) The picture of elegance.
3. How does Zeno say he felt after a session of childhood smoking?
4. When Zeno became ill with a painful sore throat and a fever, what did he resolve to do?
(a) Give up smoking.
(b) Cut back on his smoking.
(c) Take better care of his health.
(d) Develop a more positive outlook.
5. How does Zeno say he used to decide when to stop smoking?
(a) He began new resolutions when he had something to celebrate.
(b) He stopped when he got sick.
(c) He picked significant dates and events.
(d) He decided to quit on the first day of each week.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Zeno describe his past troubles with women?
2. How does Zeno describe the importance of cigarettes that are not a person's last?
3. How many cigarettes did Zeno take to the sanatorium?
4. How does Zeno say he came to steal?
5. What makes Zeno want to try Dr. Muli's cure?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)