|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Preamble and Chapter 1, Smoke.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Zeno become agitated in the sanatorium?
(a) He was attracted to the person who was left to guard him.
(b) He had nicotine withdrawal.
(c) He didn't get his last cigarette.
(d) He suspected that he wife was having an affair with Dr. Muli.
2. What idea did Zeno's wife have for helping him to quit smoking?
(a) She offered to hide his cigarettes.
(b) She suggested that he go into a sanatorium.
(c) She suggested a nicotine pill.
(d) She suggested that he gradually cut back on his cigarette smoking.
3. How does Zeno describe the importance of cigarettes that are not a person's last?
(b) An assertion of freedom.
4. What does Zeno describe as his second trouble?
(a) The effort he put into quitting smoking.
(c) An addiction to alcohol.
(d) A chronic sore throat.
5. Why does Zeno say he visited a doctor who used electricity to cure diseases?
(a) He wanted a cure for his troubles with women.
(b) He hoped the doctor would treat his lack of stomach acids.
(c) He hoped the doctor would discover that the nicotine was poisoning his blood.
(d) He thought electricity could cure his insomnia.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the main character of this book?
2. How does Zeno say he used to decide when to stop smoking?
3. How did Zeno escape the sanatorium?
4. What does Zeno say that he did after making a resolution to stop smoking?
5. What makes Zeno want to try Dr. Muli's cure?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)