|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Preamble and Chapter 1, Smoke.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old does Zeno say he was when he discovered that he hated the way cigarettes tasted and the way they made him feel?
2. How did Zeno and Giovanna pass their time together?
(a) They ignored each other.
(b) They had a physical fight.
(c) They talked and shared a bottle of wine.
(d) They argued most of the time.
3. Who was Dr. Muli?
(a) The doctor who treated Zeno's chronic sore throat.
(b) A doctor who opened a sanatorium in Trieste.
(c) The doctor with the electrical shock device.
(d) A doctor who treated people for love addiction.
4. How does Zeno say he came to steal?
(a) He stole cigarettes from his brother.
(b) He stole money for cigarettes.
(c) He stole cigarettes from his mother.
(d) He stole cigarettes from a store.
5. What does Zeno say that he did after making a resolution to stop smoking?
(a) Smoked one last cigarette.
(b) Celebrated with a glass of wine.
(c) Hid his cigarettes.
(d) Threw his cigarettes away.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Zeno describe the importance of cigarettes that are not a person's last?
2. Who is the main character of this book?
3. How does Zeno describe his past troubles with women?
4. How did Zeno get his first cigarette?
5. How did Zeno escape the sanatorium?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)