|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Preamble and Chapter 1, Smoke.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the main character of this book?
(a) Dr. Muli.
(b) Dr. Hahn.
2. What does Zeno say about the noble attitude one has when he makes a resolution to quit smoking?
(a) It ensures that the resolution will work.
(b) A person can only keep the noble attitude by renewing his resolutions.
(c) It helps a person to feel better about himself.
(d) It makes quitting easier.
3. How does Zeno say he felt after a session of childhood smoking?
4. Using which words does Zeno describe Giovanna?
(a) Large and overbearing.
(b) Shrill and little.
(c) Mean and cold.
(d) Competent and no-nonsense.
5. Once Zeno bought his first pack of cigarettes, how many did he say he smoked at one time?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Zeno describe his past troubles with women?
2. How does Zeno always try to quit smoking?
3. How old does Zeno say he was when he discovered that he hated the way cigarettes tasted and the way they made him feel?
4. How did Zeno get his first cigarette?
5. Why is Zeno keeping a journal?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)