|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Preamble and Chapter 1, Smoke.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Zeno tell his father he was doing with his coat?
(a) Admiring the color.
(b) Brushing it off.
(c) Counting buttons.
(d) Looking for loose change.
2. What makes Zeno want to try Dr. Muli's cure?
(a) He grows tired of the electrical treatments.
(b) He wants his son to find him balanced, and he's worried about Olivi leaving.
(c) He wants to please his mother.
(d) He wants to please his father and his wife.
3. How did Zeno escape the sanatorium?
(a) He stole the key to a door that lead outside.
(b) He overpowered Dr. Muli.
(c) He overpowered Giovanna.
(d) He tricked Giovanna into giving him cigarettes and leaving the door open.
4. What idea did Zeno's wife have for helping him to quit smoking?
(a) She offered to hide his cigarettes.
(b) She suggested a nicotine pill.
(c) She suggested that he go into a sanatorium.
(d) She suggested that he gradually cut back on his cigarette smoking.
5. What does Zeno describe as his second trouble?
(a) The effort he put into quitting smoking.
(b) A chronic sore throat.
(d) An addiction to alcohol.
Short Answer Questions
1. What doubt does Zeno say may have bound him to his vice?
2. Whom does Zeno say was left to guard him in the sanatorium?
3. When Zeno became ill with a painful sore throat and a fever, what did he resolve to do?
4. Why does Zeno say he visited a doctor who used electricity to cure diseases?
5. What did the doctor decide was ailing Zeno?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)