|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Preamble and Chapter 1, Smoke.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Using which words does Zeno describe Giovanna?
(a) Mean and cold.
(b) Shrill and little.
(c) Competent and no-nonsense.
(d) Large and overbearing.
2. Whom does Zeno say was left to guard him in the sanatorium?
3. What makes Zeno want to try Dr. Muli's cure?
(a) He grows tired of the electrical treatments.
(b) He wants to please his mother.
(c) He wants his son to find him balanced, and he's worried about Olivi leaving.
(d) He wants to please his father and his wife.
4. Who was Dr. Muli?
(a) The doctor with the electrical shock device.
(b) A doctor who treated people for love addiction.
(c) The doctor who treated Zeno's chronic sore throat.
(d) A doctor who opened a sanatorium in Trieste.
5. How does Zeno always try to quit smoking?
(a) He stops buying cigarettes.
(b) He throws all of his cigarettes into the trash.
(c) He hides his cigarettes.
(d) He makes resolutions.
Short Answer Questions
1. Once Zeno bought his first pack of cigarettes, how many did he say he smoked at one time?
2. How does Zeno describe the flavor of a last cigarette?
3. How does Zeno say he used to decide when to stop smoking?
4. What did the doctor decide was ailing Zeno?
5. How old does Zeno say he was when he discovered that he hated the way cigarettes tasted and the way they made him feel?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)