|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Preamble and Chapter 1, Smoke.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Zeno and Giovanna pass their time together?
(a) They ignored each other.
(b) They talked and shared a bottle of wine.
(c) They had a physical fight.
(d) They argued most of the time.
2. How does Zeno always try to quit smoking?
(a) He hides his cigarettes.
(b) He stops buying cigarettes.
(c) He makes resolutions.
(d) He throws all of his cigarettes into the trash.
3. Why did Zeno become agitated in the sanatorium?
(a) He was attracted to the person who was left to guard him.
(b) He suspected that he wife was having an affair with Dr. Muli.
(c) He didn't get his last cigarette.
(d) He had nicotine withdrawal.
4. What does Zeno say about the noble attitude one has when he makes a resolution to quit smoking?
(a) It helps a person to feel better about himself.
(b) A person can only keep the noble attitude by renewing his resolutions.
(c) It ensures that the resolution will work.
(d) It makes quitting easier.
5. What idea did Zeno's wife have for helping him to quit smoking?
(a) She suggested that he gradually cut back on his cigarette smoking.
(b) She suggested that he go into a sanatorium.
(c) She offered to hide his cigarettes.
(d) She suggested a nicotine pill.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the main character of this book?
2. How does Zeno describe his past troubles with women?
3. Why is Zeno keeping a journal?
4. How did Zeno get his first cigarette?
5. Using which words does Zeno describe Giovanna?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)