|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Preamble and Chapter 1, Smoke.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Zeno describe the importance of cigarettes that are not a person's last?
(b) An assertion of freedom.
2. How does Zeno say he came to steal?
(a) He stole cigarettes from his brother.
(b) He stole cigarettes from his mother.
(c) He stole cigarettes from a store.
(d) He stole money for cigarettes.
3. How does Zeno say he felt after a session of childhood smoking?
4. How old does Zeno say he was when he discovered that he hated the way cigarettes tasted and the way they made him feel?
5. How does Zeno describe the flavor of a last cigarette?
(a) More poignant than others.
(c) Like freedom.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Zeno keeping a journal?
2. Why did Zeno become agitated in the sanatorium?
3. Who was Dr. Muli?
4. How did Zeno escape the sanatorium?
5. What phrase does Zeno use to describe Dr. Muli?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)