|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Preamble and Chapter 1, Smoke.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Zeno say was left to guard him in the sanatorium?
2. How does Zeno say he felt after a session of childhood smoking?
3. What phrase does Zeno use to describe Dr. Muli?
(a) Of uncertain age.
(b) The picture of elegance.
(c) Aggressively cheerful.
(d) Lean but strong.
4. How did Zeno escape the sanatorium?
(a) He overpowered Giovanna.
(b) He overpowered Dr. Muli.
(c) He tricked Giovanna into giving him cigarettes and leaving the door open.
(d) He stole the key to a door that lead outside.
5. How does Zeno describe the importance of cigarettes that are not a person's last?
(b) An assertion of freedom.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the doctor decide was ailing Zeno?
2. How does Zeno say he came to steal?
3. When Zeno became ill with a painful sore throat and a fever, what did he resolve to do?
4. How does Zeno always try to quit smoking?
5. How did Zeno and Giovanna pass their time together?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)