|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Preamble and Chapter 1, Smoke.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Once Zeno bought his first pack of cigarettes, how many did he say he smoked at one time?
2. How old does Zeno say he was when he discovered that he hated the way cigarettes tasted and the way they made him feel?
3. How does Zeno say he used to decide when to stop smoking?
(a) He decided to quit on the first day of each week.
(b) He stopped when he got sick.
(c) He picked significant dates and events.
(d) He began new resolutions when he had something to celebrate.
4. Who is the main character of this book?
(a) Dr. Hahn.
(d) Dr. Muli.
5. Why does Zeno say he visited a doctor who used electricity to cure diseases?
(a) He wanted a cure for his troubles with women.
(b) He thought electricity could cure his insomnia.
(c) He hoped the doctor would treat his lack of stomach acids.
(d) He hoped the doctor would discover that the nicotine was poisoning his blood.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Zeno want to try Dr. Muli's cure?
2. Using which words does Zeno describe Giovanna?
3. How does Zeno describe the importance of cigarettes that are not a person's last?
4. How many cigarettes did Zeno take to the sanatorium?
5. What does Zeno describe as his second trouble?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)