|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Preamble and Chapter 1, Smoke.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What phrase does Zeno use to describe Dr. Muli?
(a) Of uncertain age.
(b) The picture of elegance.
(c) Lean but strong.
(d) Aggressively cheerful.
2. How does Zeno say he came to steal?
(a) He stole cigarettes from his mother.
(b) He stole cigarettes from his brother.
(c) He stole cigarettes from a store.
(d) He stole money for cigarettes.
3. How does Zeno say he felt after a session of childhood smoking?
4. What did the doctor decide was ailing Zeno?
(a) He was depressed.
(b) His stomach lacked acid.
(c) He was addicted to smoking.
(d) He had a chronic lung disorder.
5. How does Zeno always try to quit smoking?
(a) He makes resolutions.
(b) He throws all of his cigarettes into the trash.
(c) He hides his cigarettes.
(d) He stops buying cigarettes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Dr. Muli?
2. What doubt does Zeno say may have bound him to his vice?
3. How does Zeno describe his past troubles with women?
4. Whom does Zeno say was left to guard him in the sanatorium?
5. What did Zeno tell his father he was doing with his coat?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)