|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Preamble and Chapter 1, Smoke.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Zeno say he felt after a session of childhood smoking?
2. Why did Zeno become agitated in the sanatorium?
(a) He didn't get his last cigarette.
(b) He suspected that he wife was having an affair with Dr. Muli.
(c) He had nicotine withdrawal.
(d) He was attracted to the person who was left to guard him.
3. Once Zeno bought his first pack of cigarettes, how many did he say he smoked at one time?
4. What idea did Zeno's wife have for helping him to quit smoking?
(a) She suggested that he gradually cut back on his cigarette smoking.
(b) She offered to hide his cigarettes.
(c) She suggested that he go into a sanatorium.
(d) She suggested a nicotine pill.
5. When Zeno became ill with a painful sore throat and a fever, what did he resolve to do?
(a) Develop a more positive outlook.
(b) Give up smoking.
(c) Take better care of his health.
(d) Cut back on his smoking.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Zeno say was left to guard him in the sanatorium?
2. What makes Zeno want to try Dr. Muli's cure?
3. How does Zeno always try to quit smoking?
4. Who was Dr. Muli?
5. Using which words does Zeno describe Giovanna?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)