|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Preamble and Chapter 1, Smoke.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the doctor decide was ailing Zeno?
(a) He had a chronic lung disorder.
(b) He was addicted to smoking.
(c) He was depressed.
(d) His stomach lacked acid.
2. How does Zeno always try to quit smoking?
(a) He throws all of his cigarettes into the trash.
(b) He stops buying cigarettes.
(c) He hides his cigarettes.
(d) He makes resolutions.
3. Why is Zeno keeping a journal?
(a) To analyze his weakness for smoking.
(b) To analyze his love for wine.
(c) To confess about bad habits.
(d) To become a published writer.
4. Once Zeno bought his first pack of cigarettes, how many did he say he smoked at one time?
5. How does Zeno describe the importance of cigarettes that are not a person's last?
(b) An assertion of freedom.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Zeno tell his father he was doing with his coat?
2. How did Zeno and Giovanna pass their time together?
3. How does Zeno describe his past troubles with women?
4. What does Zeno say about the noble attitude one has when he makes a resolution to quit smoking?
5. How does Zeno say he used to decide when to stop smoking?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)