|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Preamble and Chapter 1, Smoke.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes Zeno want to try Dr. Muli's cure?
(a) He grows tired of the electrical treatments.
(b) He wants his son to find him balanced, and he's worried about Olivi leaving.
(c) He wants to please his father and his wife.
(d) He wants to please his mother.
2. Using which words does Zeno describe Giovanna?
(a) Mean and cold.
(b) Shrill and little.
(c) Large and overbearing.
(d) Competent and no-nonsense.
3. What phrase does Zeno use to describe Dr. Muli?
(a) Of uncertain age.
(b) Lean but strong.
(c) Aggressively cheerful.
(d) The picture of elegance.
4. Why does Zeno say he visited a doctor who used electricity to cure diseases?
(a) He hoped the doctor would discover that the nicotine was poisoning his blood.
(b) He wanted a cure for his troubles with women.
(c) He hoped the doctor would treat his lack of stomach acids.
(d) He thought electricity could cure his insomnia.
5. How did Zeno get his first cigarette?
(a) His friend Giuseppe gave it to him.
(b) His brother gave it to him.
(c) He stole it from his father.
(d) He purchased a pack of cigarettes from a store.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Zeno and Giovanna pass their time together?
2. How does Zeno say he used to decide when to stop smoking?
3. How does Zeno describe the flavor of a last cigarette?
4. How does Zeno always try to quit smoking?
5. What idea did Zeno's wife have for helping him to quit smoking?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)