|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Preamble and Chapter 1, Smoke.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Once Zeno bought his first pack of cigarettes, how many did he say he smoked at one time?
2. How does Zeno say he came to steal?
(a) He stole money for cigarettes.
(b) He stole cigarettes from his brother.
(c) He stole cigarettes from his mother.
(d) He stole cigarettes from a store.
3. What did the doctor decide was ailing Zeno?
(a) His stomach lacked acid.
(b) He was depressed.
(c) He was addicted to smoking.
(d) He had a chronic lung disorder.
4. How does Zeno say he felt after a session of childhood smoking?
5. Who was Dr. Muli?
(a) The doctor who treated Zeno's chronic sore throat.
(b) The doctor with the electrical shock device.
(c) A doctor who treated people for love addiction.
(d) A doctor who opened a sanatorium in Trieste.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Zeno become agitated in the sanatorium?
2. Using which words does Zeno describe Giovanna?
3. How old does Zeno say he was when he discovered that he hated the way cigarettes tasted and the way they made him feel?
4. Whom does Zeno say was left to guard him in the sanatorium?
5. How did Zeno get his first cigarette?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)