|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Preamble and Chapter 1, Smoke.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Zeno say he came to steal?
(a) He stole money for cigarettes.
(b) He stole cigarettes from his brother.
(c) He stole cigarettes from his mother.
(d) He stole cigarettes from a store.
2. When Zeno became ill with a painful sore throat and a fever, what did he resolve to do?
(a) Develop a more positive outlook.
(b) Give up smoking.
(c) Take better care of his health.
(d) Cut back on his smoking.
3. How does Zeno say he used to decide when to stop smoking?
(a) He picked significant dates and events.
(b) He decided to quit on the first day of each week.
(c) He stopped when he got sick.
(d) He began new resolutions when he had something to celebrate.
4. Using which words does Zeno describe Giovanna?
(a) Shrill and little.
(b) Large and overbearing.
(c) Competent and no-nonsense.
(d) Mean and cold.
5. How many cigarettes did Zeno take to the sanatorium?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Zeno tell his father he was doing with his coat?
2. How did Zeno escape the sanatorium?
3. What did the doctor decide was ailing Zeno?
4. Why is Zeno keeping a journal?
5. How old does Zeno say he was when he discovered that he hated the way cigarettes tasted and the way they made him feel?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)