|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Preamble and Chapter 1, Smoke.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Zeno describe his past troubles with women?
(a) He was shy around them.
(b) They didn't like him.
(c) He desired all of them.
(d) He didn't like them.
2. How does Zeno say he came to steal?
(a) He stole cigarettes from a store.
(b) He stole cigarettes from his mother.
(c) He stole money for cigarettes.
(d) He stole cigarettes from his brother.
3. Using which words does Zeno describe Giovanna?
(a) Competent and no-nonsense.
(b) Mean and cold.
(c) Large and overbearing.
(d) Shrill and little.
4. Once Zeno bought his first pack of cigarettes, how many did he say he smoked at one time?
5. How did Zeno get his first cigarette?
(a) He purchased a pack of cigarettes from a store.
(b) His friend Giuseppe gave it to him.
(c) His brother gave it to him.
(d) He stole it from his father.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Zeno became ill with a painful sore throat and a fever, what did he resolve to do?
2. What phrase does Zeno use to describe Dr. Muli?
3. How did Zeno escape the sanatorium?
4. What doubt does Zeno say may have bound him to his vice?
5. How many cigarettes did Zeno take to the sanatorium?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)