|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Preamble and Chapter 1, Smoke.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Zeno say that he did after making a resolution to stop smoking?
(a) Hid his cigarettes.
(b) Threw his cigarettes away.
(c) Smoked one last cigarette.
(d) Celebrated with a glass of wine.
2. How many cigarettes did Zeno take to the sanatorium?
3. What idea did Zeno's wife have for helping him to quit smoking?
(a) She suggested a nicotine pill.
(b) She suggested that he gradually cut back on his cigarette smoking.
(c) She suggested that he go into a sanatorium.
(d) She offered to hide his cigarettes.
4. What phrase does Zeno use to describe Dr. Muli?
(a) Aggressively cheerful.
(b) Lean but strong.
(c) The picture of elegance.
(d) Of uncertain age.
5. How does Zeno say he came to steal?
(a) He stole cigarettes from a store.
(b) He stole cigarettes from his brother.
(c) He stole money for cigarettes.
(d) He stole cigarettes from his mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Zeno say he used to decide when to stop smoking?
2. Why did Zeno become agitated in the sanatorium?
3. How did Zeno get his first cigarette?
4. Who was Dr. Muli?
5. How does Zeno describe his past troubles with women?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)