|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Preamble and Chapter 1, Smoke.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Dr. Muli?
(a) The doctor with the electrical shock device.
(b) A doctor who opened a sanatorium in Trieste.
(c) The doctor who treated Zeno's chronic sore throat.
(d) A doctor who treated people for love addiction.
2. How did Zeno escape the sanatorium?
(a) He overpowered Dr. Muli.
(b) He stole the key to a door that lead outside.
(c) He tricked Giovanna into giving him cigarettes and leaving the door open.
(d) He overpowered Giovanna.
3. How does Zeno describe the flavor of a last cigarette?
(a) More poignant than others.
(b) Like freedom.
4. What did the doctor decide was ailing Zeno?
(a) He had a chronic lung disorder.
(b) He was depressed.
(c) His stomach lacked acid.
(d) He was addicted to smoking.
5. Whom does Zeno say was left to guard him in the sanatorium?
Short Answer Questions
1. Once Zeno bought his first pack of cigarettes, how many did he say he smoked at one time?
2. What did Zeno tell his father he was doing with his coat?
3. How did Zeno get his first cigarette?
4. How many cigarettes did Zeno take to the sanatorium?
5. What idea did Zeno's wife have for helping him to quit smoking?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)