|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Preamble and Chapter 1, Smoke.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Zeno and Giovanna pass their time together?
(a) They talked and shared a bottle of wine.
(b) They had a physical fight.
(c) They argued most of the time.
(d) They ignored each other.
2. What doubt does Zeno say may have bound him to his vice?
(a) Doubt about studying law.
(b) Doubt about working.
(c) Doubt about pursuing science in school.
(d) Doubt about becoming a strong, perfect man.
3. How did Zeno escape the sanatorium?
(a) He overpowered Dr. Muli.
(b) He overpowered Giovanna.
(c) He tricked Giovanna into giving him cigarettes and leaving the door open.
(d) He stole the key to a door that lead outside.
4. When Zeno became ill with a painful sore throat and a fever, what did he resolve to do?
(a) Give up smoking.
(b) Take better care of his health.
(c) Cut back on his smoking.
(d) Develop a more positive outlook.
5. How does Zeno say he came to steal?
(a) He stole money for cigarettes.
(b) He stole cigarettes from his mother.
(c) He stole cigarettes from his brother.
(d) He stole cigarettes from a store.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Zeno describe his past troubles with women?
2. What does Zeno say that he did after making a resolution to stop smoking?
3. How many cigarettes did Zeno take to the sanatorium?
4. Whom does Zeno say was left to guard him in the sanatorium?
5. Using which words does Zeno describe Giovanna?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)