|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Preamble and Chapter 1, Smoke.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Zeno say he came to steal?
(a) He stole cigarettes from a store.
(b) He stole cigarettes from his brother.
(c) He stole money for cigarettes.
(d) He stole cigarettes from his mother.
2. What phrase does Zeno use to describe Dr. Muli?
(a) Lean but strong.
(b) Of uncertain age.
(c) Aggressively cheerful.
(d) The picture of elegance.
3. What makes Zeno want to try Dr. Muli's cure?
(a) He wants his son to find him balanced, and he's worried about Olivi leaving.
(b) He wants to please his father and his wife.
(c) He grows tired of the electrical treatments.
(d) He wants to please his mother.
4. How does Zeno say he used to decide when to stop smoking?
(a) He stopped when he got sick.
(b) He decided to quit on the first day of each week.
(c) He began new resolutions when he had something to celebrate.
(d) He picked significant dates and events.
5. Why is Zeno keeping a journal?
(a) To become a published writer.
(b) To analyze his love for wine.
(c) To analyze his weakness for smoking.
(d) To confess about bad habits.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Zeno tell his father he was doing with his coat?
2. What doubt does Zeno say may have bound him to his vice?
3. Once Zeno bought his first pack of cigarettes, how many did he say he smoked at one time?
4. Why does Zeno say he visited a doctor who used electricity to cure diseases?
5. How does Zeno say he felt after a session of childhood smoking?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)