|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Preamble and Chapter 1, Smoke.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Zeno say was left to guard him in the sanatorium?
2. Why did Zeno become agitated in the sanatorium?
(a) He didn't get his last cigarette.
(b) He had nicotine withdrawal.
(c) He suspected that he wife was having an affair with Dr. Muli.
(d) He was attracted to the person who was left to guard him.
3. What phrase does Zeno use to describe Dr. Muli?
(a) Lean but strong.
(b) Of uncertain age.
(c) Aggressively cheerful.
(d) The picture of elegance.
4. How does Zeno say he used to decide when to stop smoking?
(a) He began new resolutions when he had something to celebrate.
(b) He stopped when he got sick.
(c) He decided to quit on the first day of each week.
(d) He picked significant dates and events.
5. How does Zeno always try to quit smoking?
(a) He throws all of his cigarettes into the trash.
(b) He hides his cigarettes.
(c) He makes resolutions.
(d) He stops buying cigarettes.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Zeno escape the sanatorium?
2. Once Zeno bought his first pack of cigarettes, how many did he say he smoked at one time?
3. What does Zeno say that he did after making a resolution to stop smoking?
4. What does Zeno say about the noble attitude one has when he makes a resolution to quit smoking?
5. How does Zeno describe the importance of cigarettes that are not a person's last?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)