|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Preamble and Chapter 1, Smoke.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Zeno describe the flavor of a last cigarette?
(a) More poignant than others.
(b) Like freedom.
2. How did Zeno get his first cigarette?
(a) He stole it from his father.
(b) He purchased a pack of cigarettes from a store.
(c) His brother gave it to him.
(d) His friend Giuseppe gave it to him.
3. How does Zeno say he came to steal?
(a) He stole money for cigarettes.
(b) He stole cigarettes from his mother.
(c) He stole cigarettes from a store.
(d) He stole cigarettes from his brother.
4. How many cigarettes did Zeno take to the sanatorium?
5. Whom does Zeno say was left to guard him in the sanatorium?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Zeno say about the noble attitude one has when he makes a resolution to quit smoking?
2. How did Zeno escape the sanatorium?
3. What doubt does Zeno say may have bound him to his vice?
4. Who is the main character of this book?
5. How did Zeno and Giovanna pass their time together?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)